• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
but i have another question is DDD a foe of kirby's or a friend
Dedede is a fairly incompetent HERO. He also tends to be greedy/gluttonous which is why Kirby had to go teach him a lesson in the first game.

In pretty much every game after that, he has either been Kirby's ally or was forced against his will to act the villain (possessed by Dark Matter).

Here's a quote from the Kirby Wiki:

King Dedede (also spelled King DeDeDe) is a major recurring antagonist (and anti-hero) to Kirby
The cartoon isn't canon. :\

~Shao~

Smash Ace
The first is what we call "quick cutter", but it is yet to be discovered how to perform it.

The second one, my best guess is that when the MK landed onstage, it pushed Kirby offstage while still in stone form, making the falling stone hitbox appear, but the Kirby cancelled the stone before effectively going offstage.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Shao has it right. It happened to me a lot of times before, but as time went on, I stopped using stone as much as I did before, and now I don't see it anymore cuz I don't stone next to ledges.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, he just pushed the stone of the stage making the rock fall again with a hitbox. Very fun trick to do. It works well when PS1 is turning back to the regular stage too. Your hitbox will always appear for a sec as it is transforming back.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh, I use it, but not ALL the time, else people would wise up. :d

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha, I was surprised at how many stone kills I've been getting lately. When you know someone's going to chase you with a laggy move at the top, or charging a smash, that means it's time to drop a rock.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'll tell you the option I do the most, because it never fails me and ALWAYS gets me out of MK's followups: DI downwards, then techroll away. You could always tech towards him as a mixup, and it'll sometimes work, but my MK friends learned to tornado after a dthrow to avoid me teching past them. A normal option would be to DI upwards and jump away from him, rather than airdodge into the ground or try to airdodge past MK.

Light-Kratos

Smash Cadet
Hi.
Having faith in my main again, I'm trying to learn the ICs matchup instead of trying to play crappy secondaries.
I remembered that thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYJHNqJNDM (1:45) but I don't remember if it works with Kirby. I couldn't make it alone in training mode. Do you guys know if this also works with Kirby without DDD's hat?
The purpose would of course be to kill an IC while inhaling him if the other one hits you.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't know it it works, it seems like i would in theory. I think it only works on moving stages where the ground is rising, the character who's being inhaled ends up under the floor by a small bit and just kinda falls through. At that point, Lylat was tilting downwards slightly with DDD on the lower part, so when Falco got inhaled he was 'inside' the part that was tilting upwards.

Triple R

Smash Lord
You don't have to be on a tilting stage for that to work. There's another video floating around youtube where they do it to a wolf on Smashville. The theory you say is as good as guess as mine. The inhale looks like it gets interrupted and since they are partially through the floor, they just fall the rest of the way through. I never tested it with kirby, but I've been meaning too. Would be a fun team tactic if you could.

Edit: So I actually tried recreating this with a friend today. I couldn't even get it to work with DDD, so I didn't bother trying with Kirby. This doesn't seem like something we'll be able to use practically I'm afraid.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I remember D3s saying it only worked for him (same with the inhale stagespikes.), but IDK for sure.

Light-Kratos

Smash Cadet
Well I tried it with D3 a year ago since he is my secondary and I play him in teams and I could do it sometimes. You juste have to get hit at the exact time your opponent is like "spinning" above the ground and about to go into your mouth. It didn't work that much in teams btw, exept when you're 2v1 and your mate can react really fast, but there are much more interessant tactics in 2v1....

I'm gonna try this out with Kirby this week end, but the "inhaled" animation as you come into Kirby's mouth is not exactly the same as when DDD inhales you as far I know.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Best advice I can give you is to play the MU close to the ground. When he attacks from the ground you should jump into the air but land as soon as you can so he can't block your approaches with his fair, but when you're at higher %s (like 100% since his bthrow kills you at that) stay in the air as much as you can. Try and stay slightly out of his fair's range so he dishes it out then punish from above/below since you won't be able to from right in front of him. Best place you can be is below him, try to pop him into the air with utilt when you have the chance since you'll have huge positional advantage. And of course, don't spotdodge the dairs unless you know when to do it

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Exactly. If you're in the air all the time, he can just space a fair at you and it'll eat up whatever you do, but if you're expecting that and play somewhere where you can shield and he can't fair properly (the ground, or close to it), then it gets easier to hit. When you're at around 90-100%+ though, don't get close to ness on the ground since he can kill you with his bthrow early!

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
How does a Kirby, Peach team sound?
I know it seems a little strange, but I find Peach's neutral B to be quite effective with Kirby.
Any thoughts?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
How does a Kirby, Peach team sound?
I know it seems a little strange, but I find Peach's neutral B to be quite effective with Kirby.
Any thoughts?
Hmm...I can't really say because I hardly do Team Battle. Peach lacks KOing moves and her Fair is her main kill move but it can easily be staled to being overused and it is also good for spacing. Usmash is deadly but has to sweet spot and her Fsmash is random since the Frying pan is good for damage and vertical knock back, the Tennis Racket has to sweet spot to KO early, then the Golf Club which is less hassle since it doesn't require sweet spotting to KO. Kirby has an easier time to KO and he can semi-spike with his Bair. Peach can easily rack damage and Kirby can KO and both have no trouble getting back to the stage. Although Peach sucks with vertical recovery since she has to rely on Peach Parosal to get decent vertical height and otherwise is literally screwed if she is ever spiked.

As for Peach's neutral B, her counter is alright but it isn't as good as Marth's counter. Kirby's Toad version is worst than Peaches Toad so you should never copy it. Toad is good you come up against an opponent who is very predictable and you'll know what attacks he/she will use based on your positioning. It is good for an air stall since when it is used once in the air you gain a height boost similiar to Yoshi's egg throw but you can't move during the Toad. Not many characters are good with Peach as a team mate. I know for certain Donkey Kong is good with her but I haven't played enough Team Battle to see overall who she works perfectly with. Maybe other Kirby players that have played Team Battle with a Peach can be of better assistance than me. I can still try my best to answer questions you might have on this.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... It doesn't sound too bad. She can rack damage while Kirby kills, and both of you are adept offstage. If one of you needs help recovering, you can stall offstage long enough for your partner to get to you.

Also, Dthrow>Peach Dair sounds pretty cool.

Never tried the team myself though. Also, make sure you guys stay alive, since you have no stock-tank.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I play w/ Nicole using that team sometimes and we win a majority of the time we use that team. Peach combo damage-racking plus Kirby kills = win.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Hmmm... It doesn't sound too bad. She can rack damage while Kirby kills, and both of you are adept offstage. If one of you needs help recovering, you can stall offstage long enough for your partner to get to you.

Also, Dthrow>Peach Dair sounds pretty cool.

Never tried the team myself though. Also, make sure you guys stay alive, since you have no stock-tank.
Peach has a limited chain grab on a good amount of the cast with her Dthrow. She can fallow up with Ftilt, Utilt, Fmash, Usmash, Nair, Uair, and even Peach Parasol but that one is very risky. She loses that once her opponents have over 40% of damage. Not a lot of players know that and they ruined an easy 30-50% of easy damage right off the bat on a fresh opponent.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Nice.

I meant Kirby Dthrow>Peach Dair though, which should probably work until late-ish %s, at which point you could just do Peach Nair or Bair instead.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Nice.

I meant Kirby Dthrow>Peach Dair though, which should probably work until late-ish %s, at which point you could just do Peach Nair or Bair instead.
That should be able to work on any percentage. While Kirby is doing Dthrow Peach can ground float Dair. Nair can KO so it is best just to do Bair over Nair. Unless after Kirby finishes Dthrow Peach can Nair the opponent when they get thrown into the air.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think you misunderstand me. The Dair would only work after they pop up after the Dthrow. At low %s, it means it could chain into at least one Dair. Mid % it might still work. At high % the knockback will send them through the Dair and into Peach, hence why I was saying Bair or Nair. All of it *should* hit after the throw ends.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I think you misunderstand me. The Dair would only work after they pop up after the Dthrow. At low %s, it means it could chain into at least one Dair. Mid % it might still work. At high % the knockback will send them through the Dair and into Peach, hence why I was saying Bair or Nair. All of it *should* hit after the throw ends.
Ah I get what you mean now. I believe that would work.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
this is a question to alll tourney going kirbies do u think putting your tilts on your c stick is a good idea?

Cus i have been experimenting a little bit lately and i just want to know if anyone else has ever used this controller setting and how it worked out for them.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nope, keep your c-stick to smashing. You get the best results. For example, have you ever done a smash attack with the control stick and A button and tripped? It has happened to me, and boy, does it make me HATE the game... Also, you want faster access to your smashes. Sometimes you're moving in one direction but want to smash in the other without having to stop your pace, and the c-stick does just that. Another reason would be shield-dashed fsmashes, where normally running in one direction, shielding, then smashing with control stick+A in the other/down would result in accidental rolls/spotdodges, but with the c-stick you don't.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I personally don't find tilt sticking useful, but then again, I have my own set of controls and I pretty much can't play with anything different.

As for tripping... psh. You trip for everything in this game, or at the very least I do, so I don't consider that a legitimate reason for anything. I've even managed to trip while trying to drop through a platform somehow.
(Also, ROB trips make no sense. He doesn't have feet; he has a base that's supposed to make him stable. HOW DOES HE TRIP?!)

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Ok thank u and yeah i have no idea why triping was added to this game probably the most useless thing ever added to any game xD

Thanks for the advice though cus some of my other friends tilt stick with other characters so i just wondered would this work for kirby.

Top Bottom