• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Technically, any attack can hit him out of the DJ EVENTUALLY. However, some are just more realistic than others. Stone probably shouldn't be hitting a Yoshi while he's DJing anyways since it's got decent start up time, allowing Yoshi to just AD away.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was actually thinking of Dair and Nair, but again, I'll check it out when I can.

Also, there's SA on DR? You learn something new every day...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, it's not.

SA is FULL FLINCH RESISTANCE. If I hit you with a full charged Ike Fsmash at 999% and you use SA, you will not move anywhere.

HA is Flinch resistance. Basically, it will protect you until a certain point, but after that you are knocked out of it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If I hit you with a full charged Ike Fsmash at 999% and you use SA, you will not move anywhere.
It wouldn't amaze me if I were to see a DDD survive this with proper DI and momentum cancelling.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure that's the same thing as SA. I think what he means is that you can use the frames of the DR while you're in Yoshi's DJ to absorb an attack, and then punish while the opponent is still in lag.
*wonders what DR means, other than Drill Rush*

*too lazy to look back in posts*

It wouldn't amaze me if I were to see a Snake survive this with proper DI and momentum cancelling.
fixed.

o/ guys, whats goin on?
o not much, u?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Draconic Reversal. A rather complex Yoshi tech, which, to the last of my knowledge, had almost no use XD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lol, you're right about the tech. I'm no expert on it, but it is really hard to do consistently and generally requires a change in the control scheme. Bigman is the Yoshi main who's pro at the tech, he knows its uses. It can actually change the entire way MUs are played.

Basically, it's like a wavedash, with similar uses.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I do have a question some-what. It's kinda about the Pit v Kirby matchup. As you know, we had a discussion on that particular matchup about 10 or 11 months ago. I would like to talk to a few Expert Kirby players who have quite a bit of Pit experience (hopefully recent) about this matchup again.

I have a document of which will contain Pit's matchups, which I am trying to complete. So I'm looking for character representatives, generally players who are kinda up there with said character, who also have quite a bit of Pit experience, so they know a bit about, and hopefully to be as less biased as possible.

So my questions are these.
--Who are some great Kirby players?
Which Kirby players have ton of Pit experience?
-And can those Kirby players write a detailed summary on Kirby v Pit which includes priorities and some stage CPs?

I could be contacted on AIM or MSN about this, or even PM'd though I may respond faster to AIM

And the reason I'm doing this is because I want to complete the Pit matchup, and it would help some Pit players (like me) a lot. Thanks!

And don't worry, I know it's 55:45 your advantage over poor Pit :/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, I do have a question some-what. It's kinda about the Pit v Kirby matchup. As you know, we had a discussion on that particular matchup about 10 or 11 months ago. I would like to talk to a few Expert Kirby players who have quite a bit of Pit experience (hopefully recent) about this matchup again.

I have a document of which will contain Pit's matchups, which I am trying to complete. So I'm looking for character representatives, generally players who are kinda up there with said character, who also have quite a bit of Pit experience, so they know a bit about, and hopefully to be as less biased as possible.

So my questions are these.
--Who are some great Kirby players?
Which Kirby players have ton of Pit experience?
-And can those Kirby players write a detailed summary on Kirby v Pit which includes priorities and some stage CPs?

I could be contacted on AIM or MSN about this, or even PM'd though I may respond faster to AIM

And the reason I'm doing this is because I want to complete the Pit matchup, and it would help some Pit players (like me) a lot. Thanks!

And don't worry, I know it's 55:45 your advantage over poor Pit :/
I personally believe Pit has the advantage here, but not by much (55:45 YOUR advantage). since your kill moves are highly telegraphed when we're at killing % (you get near with any approach or we get near and you react in any way, and all we have to do is shield and aim the shield in your direction, and we survive... We can even shieldgrab you). I've been able to punish many things, like glide attacks... But Pit's moves are pretty hard to punish due to being multi-hit with decent range.

I can't answer any of your questions, though, since I'm not good at these MU discussions... My way of explaining how a match would turn out apparently don't follow the rules of MU discussions, so meh, whatever.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yes, make Kirby stay in A tier, of course I'll help because I'm about to be back in the Brawl scenes as well. =3

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
I just played a Kirby that used inhale once in a while (I couldn't really predict it) and jumped off the stage. He could even kill me and still survive when he had a higher % than I did. I have tried pressing A as fast as I can, as well as jump. What's the fastest way to ecsape an inhale?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I just played a Kirby that used inhale once in a while (I couldn't really predict it) and jumped off the stage. He could even kill me and still survive when he had a higher % than I did. I have tried pressing A as fast as I can, as well as jump. What's the fastest way to ecsape an inhale?
The fastest way to escape inhale is to mash all buttons, but the best way is to rotate the control stick and mash X and Y (this is because you could end up buffering something you don't want, like a fast-falled dair, when you escape if you do something else). As bowser, you're pretty much screwed anyway once you're offstage, so you shouldn't struggle. Not struggling makes Kirby either spit you out or die with you, either of which is better than you breaking out and dying while he recovers back onstage.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
There's no real way to guess right, since any opponent can DI either way... It's more of a 50/50 deal: either it's behind you, or in front of you. It's all about reaction speed, noticing where they are before throwing the fsmash out.

Try fsmashing forward instead of backwards when the opponents are at high %s, since they usually try to DI away from you, and barely ever think about DI'ing behind you for fear of the disjointed hitbox STILL hitting them.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
There's no real way to guess right, since any opponent can DI either way... It's more of a 50/50 deal: either it's behind you, or in front of you. It's all about reaction speed, noticing where they are before throwing the fsmash out.

Try fsmashing forward instead of backwards when the opponents are at high %s, since they usually try to DI away from you, and barely ever think about DI'ing behind you for fear of the disjointed hitbox STILL hitting them.
oh okay ill try that thanks kewk.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
the one and only chillin?

anyways, can the stone be koopaklawed in the air? just curious

any true combos into the hammer? or non combos but good to try. i know this move has awesome mind game potential with the 2 swings. i managed it a few times. thanks.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
the one and only chillin?

anyways, can the stone be koopaklawed in the air? just curious

any true combos into the hammer? or non combos but good to try. i know this move has awesome mind game potential with the 2 swings. i managed it a few times. thanks.
Yes.

Yes.

Kinda. Not true combos though. (Try Fthrow>Uair>Fthrow>Hammer. It can work pretty well. Hammer OoS and/or out of stone can also work, but in general, always keep hammer as a situational tool, and/or to punish spotdodges.)

BBQTV

Smash Master
i know it was awesome right [i did this:laugh:]

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wiggle the control stick as fast as possible. Each direction counts as a button input. Do this while mashing buttons to break even faster.

That being said, as a Bowser main you're still screwed, considering if you break out he can footstool you :p

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace

Actually if u draw a line vertically through Kirby as he does the Dair ur target will always come out on the side (Left or Right) that the majority of his body is in. So if i Dair and more of ur body is on my right i should buffer the Fsmash to the right. Pretty Simple =)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually if u draw a line vertically through Kirby as he does the Dair ur target will always come out on the side (Left or Right) that the majority of his body is in. So if i Dair and more of ur body is on my right i should buffer the Fsmash to the right. Pretty Simple =)
... So, it's all about reaction speed.

My point still stands. :bee:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What moves of kirby's opponents can he duck under?
Ex: I know that kirby can duck under most opponent's zair.
What we can avoid by crouching.

I think there was some info about what we can avoid while doing a dtilt (which makes Kirby even smaller), but I forgot where it was... For all I know, it's in that same link.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ok thanks

Im looking to second kirby ^_^
I see! Hope everything goes well and you keep him your secondary! If you really dedicate some time into him, you'll be rewarded justly when you run into any counters to your main, I assure you with 100% certainty! ;)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
how does kirby deal with a lot of QACing from pikachu?
All Kirby needs to do is bair, really. Our multiple jumps and aerial height control (by fastfalling aerials) prevent us from going into any vulnerable positions while airborne, and our bair breaks through mostly anything in the air (so QAC approaches aren't problematic, unless you jumped too high and got hit with an uair).

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
QACing is kinda tough to deal with when used properly. If you start to predict your opponent, you should be able to bair them away, but smart opponent shouldn't let that happen. I suppose Kirby should simply stay in the air alot against Pikachu...

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Is setting up for a laser lock (with a Falco hat) the same as trying to set up for a jab lock (footstool, to weak nair or weak bair, to lock)?

BBQTV

Smash Master
i heard the color of kirby matters also if this is true does it work for all characters

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It doesn't ACTUALLY matter...

That post was about how people tend to pick a certain color based on their playstyle. That being said, that's not entirely true either.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
QACing is kinda tough to deal with when used properly. If you start to predict your opponent, you should be able to bair them away, but smart opponent shouldn't let that happen. I suppose Kirby should simply stay in the air alot against Pikachu...
This phrase bothers me to no extenct. This is the reason why SWF will never progress, and why the SBR has been able to flourish so: people always assume that smart playing will avoid everything, when all the pros are ALWAYS playing smart... It's like saying "if the Kirby is stupid and the Pika is smart, then he can get away"... Dur.

Well, a smart Kirby will still hit the pikachu nonetheless.

Top Bottom