• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Pi

Smash Hero
Haha Bunbun, you're so down and out about Kirby lately. I know Kirby has a bad recovery, but I still find myself recovering the majority of the time. The only matchup I would call close to hopeless is fox, all the rest are easily doable.

:phone:
with kirby i find my recovery depends heavily on my opponent, and less so about myself. Can't really mix anything up w/ the lil guy lol

But I think every match is possible and it's amazingly satisfying to taunt 3 times after killing your opponent, or suck them up for that last kill huehuehue

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If platforms near and above: Uthrow > Techchase uair or bair (or nair regrab)
If no platforms: Dthrow, attempt to techchase or jab reset
Actually I've found at mid % it's actually more reasonable to go for Uthrow even with no platform and attempt a tech chase out of it. Also at around 80% if they DI it in because they're stupid(or have never played Kirby before) = free Uair lol.

Massive

Smash Champion
I always dthrow fox (actually everyone but jiggs and luigi) and go for the tech-chase > dtilt/regrab.
If they tech in place you can start an utilt combo on them, if they get-up attack, you can always duck it.

Nashun

Smash Ace
That's nothing. Jiggs can rest you.

Edit: Luigi/Samus can nair you, Marth can upB you.

Dthrow is garbage, against so many characters nothing's guaranteed even if you guess their tech.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Unless it's a Fast Faller. And you're on a platform. Then it's amazing. Tech chase forever.
Oh my goodness i love that.

Then after like 2 repetitions they tech to the edge of the platform, let you dthrow them again and just float away into oblivion where Kirby is too slow to ever follow.

Massive

Smash Champion
Dthrow is garbage, against so many characters nothing's guaranteed even if you guess their tech.
Kirby is garbage, dthrow is arguably his best throw though save the 2 or 3 situations where uthrow is better.

ryuu seika said:
Just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiOmXj9s0XA

It looks like a great laugh and would be broken as hell if it weren't so situational.
I want to try this, but the chances of it happening at any time, for any reason, ever make me think I have better odds of sticking with smash to pick up girls.

BunBun

Smash Master
Kirby is garbage, dthrow is arguably his best throw though save the 2 or 3 situations where uthrow is better.

I want to try this, but the chances of it happening at any time, for any reason, ever make me think I have better odds of sticking with smash to pick up girls.
It worked for darkrain.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've just tested out that glitch and it's not hard to pull off against AI 8. It may, therefore, be more viable than I first thought but it's still unlikely to be much so. It would be hilarious if this became a real technique in that matchup but that seems a highly unlikely scenario.

Is didn't see the AI use Rollout at all during my match though, are you sure it has to be Rollout that hits me during my landing?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It's not viable because nobody uses rollout.
Which is why I'm asking about the necessity of Rollout. I never saw it used once in my AI match (except by me) so I'm wondering if it's possible to perform the glitch without it (I got one squishing). It could just be that the AI was dumb and thought countering Rollout with a last minute one of its own was a good idea but why would it do that?

Also, being only slightly flattened seems like a disadvantage. It seems to mess with Kirby's falling speed and it doesn't provide the level of unhittability that a proper flat Kirby does.

Top Bottom