• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby 2008 Awards <(^_^)b

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol no u don't, i suck *** on wifi

fun matches Kawaii, ur ice climbers desynch is good, i played my friends ice climbers most of the day 2day lol i was like Jab? that worked b4

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, GGz Gonzo. They were fun. Snake's a cutie. xD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lol suuuure, which part, the grab combos or the let me suck u up and then watch u struggle to live?

jk ggz indeed
The gimps with Swallow were too good. o_O

I need to start doing that more.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I have my own story.

I'm like "whoa gonzo's online." *changes message to "Gonzo join"*

I come back.

Gonzo's message is "Kawaii Join."

I have a mix of >.> and lol'ing.

Then I'm like, maybe, if I'm lucky, they'll be up for some kirby ffa's.

:(
lolz sorry A1 i'm still signed on if u wanna play a few matches

i think Kawaii's got some HW :p

BTW KAWAII R U GOING TO PHILLY FOR CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!! its gonna be epic, plus my whole crew is going, Korrrn, Boss, Candy, beaker, Me! lol, and Choasknight and maybe some SOVA players.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lolz sorry A1 i'm still signed on if u wanna play a few matches

i think Kawaii's got some HW :p

BTW KAWAII R U GOING TO PHILLY FOR CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!! its gonna be epic, plus my whole crew is going, Korrrn, Boss, Candy, beaker, Me! lol, and Choasknight and maybe some SOVA players.
*Stops photoshop homework*

I wish I could go, lol. -_- I live in IL, so that's a really really far drive. I wanna go to the VG boot camp one too, but that's farther. @_@

I just want to meet Chu. xD

And touch his body.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
*Stops photoshop homework*

I wish I could go, lol. -_- I live in IL, so that's a really really far drive. I wanna go to the VG boot camp one too, but that's farther. @_@

I just want to meet Chu. xD

And touch his body.
lolz, wooooooooooooooooow, i taught him Kirby, that crazy guy is to goodz though. He should be their, along w/ the rest of H2YL minus Chillin, its once in a lifetime, either its this or DBR's tourney in Cali, there is gonna b a smash bus going cross country for it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ack, I'm gonna try my hardest. Even though I'm not even a part of you guys' region. xD

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol good ****, i know Anther is coming, he's not part of our region, plus u can meet meep, his Ice's are sick, plus Candy VS Ally, the greatest snake players face off!!!! in the most epic of matches.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lol good ****, i know Anther is coming, he's not part of our region, plus u can meet meep, his Ice's are sick, plus Candy VS Ally, the greatest snake players face off!!!! in the most epic of matches.
Yeah, Antherzy's a cutie too. :D I've heard of Meep. I wanna see videos or something. xD

CoT4's gonna be streamed right? I wanna see Candy vs Ally, even if I can't be there. xD

Quoted for truth.

Does chu do wifi? *hopes*
He doesn't. A lot of the pro players don't do wifi.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Quoted for truth.

Does chu do wifi? *hopes*
lol highly doubt it, not many pros play wifi, its annoying and throws off ur offline game.

If he does play its prob with a select few, i know azen plays but its like only with three people lol jk not sure how many people but he knows them all pretty well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol no u don't, i suck *** on wifi
QFT

Lol, GGz Gonzo. They were fun. I'm a cutie. xD
QFT

I just want to meet Asdioh. xD

And touch his body.
QFT

its Feb 7 and 8? or 6? and 7 i'm sure of the 7th lol check the main page in tournament listings, its stickied at the top
Sounds fun...I most likely won't make it since that's a pretty ******** drive (not checking right now but I estimate 8 hours)

-_-

But none of that matters at the moment because I've met locals who have Melee smashfests 11 minutes from my dorm every Saturday at 7 >:E

which means I'll become super 1337 and techskilled, and if I get good and win with Melee Kirby, surely that will transition over to Brawl Kirby?

I spam dtilt a lot with Melee Kirby...while it's like, my least used ground move with Brawl Kirby. o_o

Also, Kawaii = adjective (Japanese adjective but still)
Bunny = noun

just saying

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You're not going to win with Kirby in melee.

If you wanna get super l33t play fox or falco and learn how to make split second decisions without ****ing up your tech skill... against good players.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I figured.

Melee is more broken than Brawl, imo. Excepting crap like say, tripping.

I'd rather go Falcon vs MK than Kirby vs. Marth ANYDAY

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
which means I'll become super 1337 and techskilled, and if I get good and win with Melee Kirby, surely that will transition over to Brawl Kirby?

I spam dtilt a lot with Melee Kirby...while it's like, my least used ground move with Brawl Kirby. o_o
If you wanna get super l33t play fox or falco and learn how to make split second decisions without ****ing up your tech skill... against good players.
Getting technical with Kirby in Melee? You can, but just use Fox (forget Falco). The difference is like a treadmill with "Slow" for the Kirby setting and "George Jettson's: 'Jane Stop This Crazy Thing!'" for the Fox setting. Lol.

Oh, and Melee Kirby does not translate over to Brawl Kirby unless you've never played any Smash game before. Playing Kirby in Melee makes me worse with Kirby in Brawl (but SSB1 Kirby doesn't affect either Melee or Brawl).

(Use d-tilt moar in Brawl. That's all I have to say)

Steps to winning with Kirby in Melee:

1. Go to FD
2. Eat them
3. Jump backwards offstage
4. Spit them out under the stage
5. Recover
6. Repeat steps 2-4 until you win
Lol. ^^^funny
But you don't spit them out in Melee. Just SD-cancel and jump back up to the ledge.

IC3R

Smash Lord
SD cancel? care to elaborate for a melee hater?
Self-Destruct Canceling: In SSBM, when a character is inside Kirby's mouth, both hit the bottom blastzone, Kirby has 1-7 frames to react, depending on the character.

Bowser, for example, will be KO'd 7 frames before Kirby, so Kirby can cancel the Self-Destruct he would have gotten, and returns to the stage safely.

Falco gets KO'd and Kirby will have 3 frames to react.

Someone like Mario will allow 1 frame for SD Canceling.

Characters about Kirby's size or smaller will be KO'd at the same time, so no cancel.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Characters about Kirby's size or smaller will be KO'd at the same time, so no cancel.
That's actually not true. People like kirby are nicknamed "0 framers", because you die at the same time, but it's still possible to SD cancel vs them (O_o). Here's a list in melee of all the characters' times (provided by omnigamer):

Omnigamer said:
Bowser: 7
Captain Falcon: 6<<<<This was a mistake. His epic manliness makes it so kirby dies before him.
Donkey Kong: 6
Ganon: 6
Samus: 6

Marth: 4
Roy: 4
Mewtwo: 4

Falco: 3
Fox: 3
Link: 3
Peach: 3
Sheik: 3
Y. Link: 3
Zelda: 3

Dr. Mario: 1
Game & Watch: 1
Luigi: 1
Mario: 1
Pikachu: 1
Yoshi: 1

Ice Climber: 0
Jigglypuff: 0
Kirby: 0
Ness: 0
Pichu: 0
(this was on smashwiki).

And notice the paragraph below it:

smashwiki said:
It's worth noting that King Kirby 90 has SD-Canceled vs. Kirby in training mode (PAL) and t!mmy has SD-Cancel'd vs. Jigglypuff in an actual fight (NTSC), providing proof that SD-Cancels are possible even with no frames available to jump.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You forgot the most important part: whenever a character pops out of Kirby's mouth, either by wiggling or hitting the bottom blastzone, Kirby regains all of his jumps.

I have no idea why, but considering how much crappier his jumps are in Melee, he needs it.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You forgot the most important part: whenever a character pops out of Kirby's mouth, either by wiggling or hitting the bottom blastzone, Kirby regains all of his jumps.

I have no idea why, but considering how much crappier his jumps are in Melee, he needs it.
Yea. Also, Asdioh, remember that infraction you got for posting on the lucario boards? Listen to this:

Eor (forum games mod) said:
Dear A1lion835,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Double Post
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6512093
Sorry for the double post.

PrepareYourself, Tyfighter, Handsockpuppet and Kris121, mega alliance?
All the best,
Smash World Forums
Notice the bolded words.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Note to self:

1. Stay out of the Lucario boards
2. Stay out of the Forum Games boards

Anything else I should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom