• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Eh. Eyetracks really dont scare me when I can see them. I normally use bows so I can win out the stalemates with a faster charge time and projectiles, and when worse comes to worse I can just run away because the shots are so slow.

Draconilian

Smash Rookie
I just grabbed a new bow in SP that has a ton of good skills, but I haven't tested it online yet.
value 291 5/0 Darkness Bow, with 2 weakness, 2 health boost, 3 homing boost, and 2 stamina.

the Dark bow does the most damage out of any bows (I think) and the shots travel relatively fast, so I think it might be good, and it has great melee damage even without a half star.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm...really terrible at this game. I'm at chapter 17 and I just can't seem to get the hang of things. I can't beat a level without dying higher than 6 intensity. Anyone got any tips? I'm especially bad at the flying shmup sections. I'm not even going to attempt going online because I know I'll just be frustrated with constant losing.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That isn't so bad. I hardly do better and last time I played online with these peeps (who are trying to complete them on 9.0) I held my own against them. Somehow skill level in Solo Mode and Together Mode aren't 1:1. I do better against players for some reason. You're likely the same way as me.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I just grabbed a new bow in SP that has a ton of good skills, but I haven't tested it online yet.
value 291 5/0 Darkness Bow, with 2 weakness, 2 health boost, 3 homing boost, and 2 stamina.

the Dark bow does the most damage out of any bows (I think) and the shots travel relatively fast, so I think it might be good, and it has great melee damage even without a half star.
I played a friend with a really good Darkness Bow today. Like 90% of your hp off across the map. Idk if she was using energy charge or not. If she wasn't I would honestly just say Darkness Bow is a Palutena Bow but with way less suck, since palutena bow is probably the only bow that hits as hard as that on it's own.

This game is getting patches.

NNNGH!
I thought only 3 games were announced for patches and Kid Icarus wasn't one of them. Please tell me I'm wrong though.

I'm...really terrible at this game. I'm at chapter 17 and I just can't seem to get the hang of things. I can't beat a level without dying higher than 6 intensity. Anyone got any tips? I'm especially bad at the flying shmup sections. I'm not even going to attempt going online because I know I'll just be frustrated with constant losing.
I got much better at the game after I beat it. I pretty much never went over 5 on my first run because I got my butt kicked too hard. Part of it was just I got way better weapons, and I knew the level layouts so I didn't get surprised as often. For flying sections I would recommend saving your special attacks for places you know you'll need them and just save it for that part because they clear the screen of bullets. You might just also want to not shoot since you fly faster which makes it easier to dodge. Not shooting also put you in a state where you can barely dodge attacks which fills up your special attack gauge faster. Overall defense mods are also really good especially on high intensity runs. I've started using a set of claws with a decent defense mod and higher intense runs suddenly became way easier.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well over in the Super Smash Brothers Wii U thread they spoke of everything that was in the direct feed and they said it was getting patch updates. I might go back to playing every so often and end this moratorium.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, you really can't equate solo and together mode success...

1. Solo is slow and methodical. Lots of dodging is pretty much a must for any higher-intensity plays, long range weapons are crazy useful, and healing/armor powers should be your focus.

2. Together mode is (generally) MUCH faster paced. You're constantly looking for cover, and trying to land hits and coordinate with teammates. Dodging is still important, but the power grid can be completely different. Some people like the more offensive powers, and some people still like the armor and healing. There are pros and cons to everything.

3. No flying sections in Together mode. :awesome:

I did a quick google search, and most of the listings indicated that KI:U CAN get patches, so we'll just see if some get sent down. I'd love new weapon releases, but we'll see.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Just one other tip if you're struggling with flying: use a club. Club continuous fire in the air deflects bullets, making it SO much easier.

iLink

Smash Champion
Viridi Palm is so legit

Just fused a 6 star ranged one and I have no idea why I haven't tried this before

Just wish I could have gotten + shot range on it

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Viridi Palms are honestly the most annoying things I've ever played against. Once they get in range it's just a huge pain trying to get out >.> The only thing that has been potentially more annoying is OHKO Atlas Clubs.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
My 5.5/0.5 star pred cannon with +4 O. def., +3 speed, and +3 dash ch. shot is beast on solo mode. There is still lots of dodging on land battles though. Pretty much for solo what you're looking for is ranged damage ranged damage RANGED DAMAGE. Get good ranged damage and defense on a weapon and you're good to go. Also for air battles try sticking mostly to charge shots, and special attacks on hard parts you memorized when they happen.

Also Viridi palm is pwnage. I use a 242 5.5 ranged +3 speed +2 FD Ch shot one and own online.

P.S. Trip was awesome. I had so much fun and collected a dozen miis but only a couple gems for this. The gem trading probably is the ONLY thing I won't be able to fulfill in the treasure hunts.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dang, I just tried the Viridi Palm, it's pretty good. I think it has around a 45 degree homing ability.

I use a 4.5 ranged, 1.5 melee, with Speed +4 and Weakening +1. It's only 245 in value, but I was able to major damage to my opponents. I won 5 matches online in a row.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You people are just now learning of the Viridi Palm? I talked about that thing a while ago, the homing is ridiculous when they get up close to you.

You guys need to start hosting again, I haven't touched Xenoblade too much recently so I can actually particpate with you all. I just hope I am not being left behind in the dust in terms of skills, Kid Icarus has been touched even less.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Dang, I just tried the Viridi Palm, it's pretty good. I think it has around a 45 degree homing ability.

I use a 4.5 ranged, 1.5 melee, with Speed +4 and Weakening +1. It's only 245 in value, but I was able to major damage to my opponents. I won 5 matches online in a row.
That is an absolutely evil set up D: Have a teammate provide long range pressure and you are going to piss so many people off.

You people are just now learning of the Viridi Palm? I talked about that thing a while ago, the homing is ridiculous when they get up close to you.

You guys need to start hosting again, I haven't touched Xenoblade too much recently so I can actually particpate with you all. I just hope I am not being left behind in the dust in terms of skills, Kid Icarus has been touched even less.
Well, I knew about it for a while. I just hadn't complained about it on here lol. At least I think I haven't complained about it here...

If you wanna play people you should play in that youtube community game night. The first two weeks there were 2 full rooms going iirc. this week it was just me and one of the mods but eventually friends of friends joined and we had a full room. The full room matches are recorded too so that's nice.

Anyway I won't be able to play anyone in any lobby until my summer break most likely. I guess I'll just use that time to make awesome weapons. *_*

Life

Smash Hero
Viridi Palm has natural para, yes? I can imagine that being pretty OP with a freezing bonus. Para makes your shots hit, and by the time it wears off you can freeze them, so your shots still hit, and yeah. Just have to make sure not to trigger them simultaneously, if that's possible.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ahhh I forgot about the youtube thing! *facepalms* Maybe next time. e_e And I didn't even know the Viridi Palm has paralysis. With its homing and that, probably the best palm or close to it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just ran into a guy online using Eyetrack Orbitars, and man he was racking up kills.

I saw he had +2 on both range and homing with around 4.5 stars on ranged shots. He used it with slip shot and it seemed like mulitple charge shots were coming out of nowhere. At one point I had two charge shots moving 360 on me as I tried in vain to dodge. lol

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Viridi Palm has natural para, yes? I can imagine that being pretty OP with a freezing bonus. Para makes your shots hit, and by the time it wears off you can freeze them, so your shots still hit, and yeah. Just have to make sure not to trigger them simultaneously, if that's possible.
Claws paralyze, not the palms.

I don't think it even needs the paralyze. Maybe I'm just missing/forgot something, but one of the uncharged shots will always manage to hit me, no matter which way I dodge, and they seem to cause flinching when they hit anyway so it's hard to get out of a Viridi palms sight once they decide to go after you.

I think Confuse could probably be just as good as freezing. You try to run away, get hit anyway, become confused and start walking/running toward the attacker, getting endlessly barrage by hearts (or petals maybe), getting reconfused, and then die.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just finished Boss Battles for the first time. I'm rather surprised, as this time I used the same weapon, but I ended up having a lot of extra health left over than last time. I hope this means I'm getting better.

Life

Smash Hero
Really every status effect other than poison, burn, and possibly shaking/weakening is very good.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty sure I got my wifi working again (router wouldn't talk to my 3DS for some reason but it's okay now) so I might be able to play online again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just got the Eggplant Lv. 3 power. It's pretty good, but it's not very reliable with it activating about 20-25% of the time. The power does last a long time and you can use it 4 times though, so you do get plenty of chances to eggplant someone.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I finally play online for the first time in a while and become an angel 5 times in a row. It is so annoying having your weapon switch so much X_X

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Really every status effect other than poison, burn, and possibly shaking/weakening is very good.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm pretty sure I got my wifi working again (router wouldn't talk to my 3DS for some reason but it's okay now) so I might be able to play online again.
I wouldn't underestimate poison/burn. It helps rack up damage. Sure poison/burn damage isn't too significant, and is highly unlikely to finish someone off, but it is definitely great for taking a few units of health, which can be big in the long run.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Poison and burn can help, but the reason why they aren't as good is that because the others affect the player's movement and actions, it allows for someone to hit them with their weapons, which does far more damage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Extra damage is extra damage.

But when you can give yourself an advantage over your opponent (ex. Eggplant lets you attack while your opponent can't), why not take it?

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I just had the closest match in my life. Became the angel and used both pisces heals and had a sliver of HP and then took out the other team one at a time finishing with the angel. My final score was 9-1. This game is awesome!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
What the hell is wrong with me, why didn't I look for this thread earlier?

This is the greatest game ever. And I hate the online because I have been paired with an AFK at least once for four matches in a row.
Also, how far is everyone/your best weapon stats?

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Yah, the afk you just have to put up with until they notice they don't get ANYTHING for doing NOTHING even if your team wins.

For solo my best weapon is 5.5 range 0.5 melee predator cannon with +4 overall defense +3 speed +3 dash ch. shot

For online my favorite sets are 0 range 6 melee taurus arm with +2 shaking +3 melee combo value 208 with power set as aries armor 4 lightweight 4 and black hole 3
My other favorite set is 6 range 0 melee standard orbitars with +3 overall defense +2 health +1 standing ch. shot value 270 with power set reflect barrier 4 invisible shot 3 and pisces heal 3

I don't usually play much with so much school work lately but I sometimes get online, so post your FC and we can play sometimes, no afk-ers.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5634-Kid-Icarus-Uprising
I love this guy.

The thing I use for both at the moment is an Electroshock Arm, valued 317.
3R/0M

Overall Defense +6
Health +5
Shot Range +3
Bkwd-dash cont fire +1
Melee dash attack +2
Status Resistance -2

The first two stats make me a super tank, and the shot range and 3 star ranged rating allow me to force the weapon to be a long-range weapon, despite being an Arm. I don't worry about status resistance much in multiplayer because for it I carry with me Aries Armor and Libra Sponge, making my tank-ness turn into offense as well. I basically run into a fight, pop both of those, and go crazy on things until the two abilities run out, which I then start ranging stuff.

I have a lot of ability sets for solo, depending on if I'm going for speed or if I'm just playing it.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5634-Kid-Icarus-Uprising
I love this guy.

The thing I use for both at the moment is an Electroshock Arm, valued 317.
3R/0M

Overall Defense +6
Health +5
Shot Range +3
Bkwd-dash cont fire +1
Melee dash attack +2
Status Resistance -2

The first two stats make me a super tank, and the shot range and 3 star ranged rating allow me to force the weapon to be a long-range weapon, despite being an Arm. I don't worry about status resistance much in multiplayer because for it I carry with me Aries Armor and Libra Sponge, making my tank-ness turn into offense as well. I basically run into a fight, pop both of those, and go crazy on things until the two abilities run out, which I then start ranging stuff.

I have a lot of ability sets for solo, depending on if I'm going for speed or if I'm just playing it.
Pretty good defense on that arm. I tried out a +8 overall defense on an aurum blade and it took quite a while to die. Also took quite a while to kill....which is why I prefer my more powerful pred cannon which has 1.5 more range stars and the dash attack is +3 all rather than +4 side. I also like the speed on it because I don't wanna take forever walking around and taking half an hour a level with how slow cannons are.

I used to have a speed set for the timed runs you had to do for challenges but considering I completed all challenges except for the reminder of collect all stickers from brawl(collect all powers now-or should I say all LEVELS of all powers), and 100 hours, I really don't need it anymore.

Some advice for the speed runs- try claws with a +speed modifier and ranged stars. You never melee in solo and speed is pretty obvious. I'd also suggest the power set of transparency and lightweight. That's pretty much it. EXCEPTION of the chapter 22 speed run which the only non-auto-timed thing is your fight with pandora so just use best weapon here.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure I've wrapped up the speed challenges. It was a pandora claws with +4 speed and some other stuff, plus the usual tireless/lightweight running setup.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Is there a way to get spin attack (the power) from the treasure hunt? Its the last power I need and I would really hope I can get it without depending on a random power from online or a Rare Treasurefish =x

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Beating chapter 18 without getting hit will net you a level 2 Spin Attack. This one wasn't to hard honestly. It took a few tries sure but on level 0 intensity, pretty much NOTHING will even bother trying to attack you. They'll just walk around and look at you.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Sounds like a plan then. Thanks.

Curious, has anyone tried the status powers with Viridi Palm? It seems like charged shots grant a higher chance of status in the first place and the Viridi palm has great homing along with multi hit charge shots. The little bit of messing around with it that I've done has been really effective.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Pisces heal and +4 in peril autododge don't mix well XD.
Has anyone discovered what determines how modifiers are passed down yet?

:phone:

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
All I can tell you is that the higher the modifier value, the less other modifiers and stars are added. So if you have overall defense +8 you're probably not getting 6 stars to go with it. The value of product weapons is usually slightly above the middle for high+low value weapon and goes up slightly for low+low value weapons. So the modifiers don't affect the value-the value affects the modifiers and stars.

Other than that general information I don't know how you could get specific modifiers on specific weapons. That's probably better left to raw data extractions than trial and error experimentation.

Top Bottom