• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Life

Smash Hero
Has anyone cleared all three boards yet?

EDIT: So Pit calls Dark Pit "Pittooey" in Ch6...
Hades calls Dark Pit Pittoey in Ch22.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I haven't even bothered with boards much yet...I'm still trying to 9.0 everything.
I'm at Ch.9. So that's good I guess!

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Has anyone cleared all three boards yet?

EDIT: So Pit calls Dark Pit "Pittooey" in Ch6...
Hades calls Dark Pit Pittoey in Ch22.
If what holder of the heel said about feathers is true, I COULD clear all three boards-while still trying to go no feathers like I am.

Unless 100 hours, all in-game idols, or all powers are unfeatherable that is...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
@DAK: Homing boost is useful with certain high-homing weapons--in extreme cases, the shot will circle around and hit them again. As for autoreticule, some staff players like it, I'm not a huge fan personally.
If your weapon has strong homing already, then why bother wasting some space on your abilities? Some abilities are just worthless, since skill can make them obsolete.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm done for the night.

I really hate that arena with magma and all the jump pads. I would have won there if it hadn't been for that pit. I hate instant KOs, I even had a spare Piece's Heal. "pouts"

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Welcome to video games. To avoid OHKOs, just stay away from those areas, or try not to put your back to the OHKO edges.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'm really curious about the 10,000 kill symbol on the together mode top screen, it seems kind of boring only seeing all the others for so long: just 7,000 kills left....
Together mode seems to get boring pretty fast though, which is why I got into the habit of searching for daybreak. It's pretty fun, and I actually manage to get it half the time.

As for the in-game idols-I'm pretty sure there are exactly 400. I now have 393(392 excluding the Palutena(rare) I got from an AR card), and doing a single yellow egg is 1.5%. I doubt they'd make it do 0% and still expect people to try and get all idols.

100 hours I'm just 10 hours away from getting. So that just leaves all powers. I'm going to hate doing that one :(

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Have you tried holding down left or right? It's pretty obvious knowing you SHOULDN'T take damage to find out how to not take damage on it.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Those were some good matches fenrir, too bad nobody else came on. I'm usually an idiot and never activate pisces heal on my aurum palm set because I forget it xD Sure helps when I remember it. I normally just keep using my taurus arm but it seemed like overkill using it on a single friend with just CPUs. That one game was close too, my team's angel just defeated right as I complete daybreak.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Those were some good matches fenrir, too bad nobody else came on. I'm usually an idiot and never activate pisces heal on my aurum palm set because I forget it xD Sure helps when I remember it. I normally just keep using my taurus arm but it seemed like overkill using it on a single friend with just CPUs. That one game was close too, my team's angel just defeated right as I complete daybreak.
I'm always confused by which names are who. haha. I didn't even realize you had joined the first game until I thought "Matt is a strange name for a bot..." Could've use the Taurus arm, if you wanted. I just play for the fun of it anyway, and if I can't keep up, oh well. I have a decent Taurus too.

And yeah on that one game. lol. I actually landed the final bow shot on Pit from like 2 platforms over . (4 stars + +3 backward dash mod on a sag. bow) I felt pretty good about myself after that one. haha.

Other people need to join more. I miss our 6-man matches...

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'm always confused by which names are who. haha. I didn't even realize you had joined the first game until I thought "Matt is a strange name for a bot..." Could've use the Taurus arm, if you wanted. I just play for the fun of it anyway, and if I can't keep up, oh well. I have a decent Taurus too.

And yeah on that one game. lol. I actually landed the final bow shot on Pit from like 2 platforms over . (4 stars + +3 backward dash mod on a sag. bow) I felt pretty good about myself after that one. haha.

Other people need to join more. I miss our 6-man matches...
Yah, I noticed another guy in here is called Matt, too. My meteor bow has speed, shot range, FD ch shot, full-heal boost and 6 stars-even though I'm not too skilled with it yet. I kept trying to launch my arrows over the other platforms to hit people but half of them just ran right into the platform. My favorite match was me and my viridi palm vs you and your midnight palm. I wanted to try out my shock orbitars that I discovered does 236x2 at it's peak with energy charge on, but I didn't want to drag the team down with it's value of 298.

I'd like to get in on a 6-man match one day, too. Only thing is the thread seems slow this week and my senior trip is going to cover the whole weekend. So I'll just wait a while for when that day comes.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
lol I jumped online like once, but I saw that fenrir was still in the main menu, so I closed the 3DS and went back to looking up music.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Is there a sort of tier list for weapons, or are they all fair game? i read "Clubs > all" in a lot of places, and while powerful, I don't think that's a Metaknight or anything.

I'm quite fond of Claws, Compact Arms, and Swords. Long range just feels weird to me; I love that midrange<3

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The thing about clubs is that they can dish out massive damage from afar or up close with their melee strikes. The only thing that balances them out is a slow movement speed and slow fire rate, since they rely entirely on charged shots to fire. However, in the hands of a good player, they can be extremely devastating. But a tier list according to my standards is this:

Top:
Clubs
Claws

High:
Bows

Mid:
Arms
Blades
Cannons

Low:
Palms
Staves

Bottom:
Orbitars

I usually rank stuff according to their kill potential, and ease of use, but mostly kill potential. I don't see too many good orbitar users online, and their lack of any good melee offense makes them limited to what they can do. All in all, staves can kill more frequently than an orbitar. Well, in my experience, that is. However, just use what you want to use, as each weapon can easily be countered.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
The thing about clubs is that they can dish out massive damage from afar or up close with their melee strikes. The only thing that balances them out is a slow movement speed and slow fire rate, since they rely entirely on charged shots to fire. However, in the hands of a good player, they can be extremely devastating. But a tier list according to my standards is this:

Top:
Clubs
Claws

High:
Bows

Mid:
Arms
Blades
Cannons

Low:
Palms
Staves

Bottom:
Orbitars

I usually rank stuff according to their kill potential, and ease of use, but mostly kill potential. I don't see too many good orbitar users online, and their lack of any good melee offense makes them limited to what they can do. All in all, staves can kill more frequently than an orbitar. Well, in my experience, that is. However, just use what you want to use, as each weapon can easily be countered.
I would make a suggestion of using 4 or probably 3 tiers rather than 5. It seems more like a 1 to 9 ranking system with so many tiers and just 9 weapon types.

So maybe something like
Top:
Clubs
Claws
Bows
Middle:
Arms
Blades
Cannons
Bottom:
Orbitars
Palms
Staffs/Staves (seen it spelled both ways)

I'm about to try a few orbitar sets-one high, one mid, one low value and see how they play out in comparison to my other weapon sets with same values. I probably won't be able to come up with anything solid until tomorrow though. I'm thinking they could move up to mid-tier depending on how they compare. As for most cannons, I see that their fire is generally slow and easily dodgeable, which would also describe club shots, but with less damage and only a quicker charge, while doing less damage in melee combat-in short; I think I'd consider them bottom.

I'm generally unsure about the placement of cannons, orbitars, and palms since I don't see much of the first two, while palms could go either way from what I've seen.

HMD

Smash Journeyman

Top:
Clubs
Claws

High:
Bows

Mid:
Arms
Blades
Cannons

Low:
Palms
Staves

Bottom:
Orbitars

Some staves
have really high kill potential especially if your using whatever that energy thing is called, but the staves in general are booty

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Staves are only as good as the player using them. You just have to have really good aim to wreck havoc on everything. You just need a lot of practice and patience with them. Orbitars, on the other hand, are just terrible. They don't really excel at much, from my experience.

Cannons are more effective because their continuous fire is pretty powerful. Mix that with some charged shots, and you got a steady powerhouse. If anything I would think palms could be worthy of beating cannons on the tier list.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The Lancer staff has completely changed my opinion of staves.. but I think it's just good, and the rest of them are still very meh. I'd still put the group of them at the bottom, with special consideration for that one.

I still think there's no way Palms can be below arms and blades.
-There are more good palms than arms OR blades (Needle, Cutter, Midnight, burning, virgo are all respectable, at least.. and very different)
-Palms (generally) do more damage at mid range (which is valuable against bows, clubs, and claws) than either of the others
-Palms grant much better movement speed/stamina than the others
-Palms (generally) have better homing than either, and roughly equal power (on average) charge shots.

*shrug* just my opinion, but nobody has really made a good argument for the others...

Arms are saved by Taurus and possibly end-all, but a lot of the arms are just bad... movement speed costs on a short-range weapon really makes it hard to deal with a lot of the other weapons. This is improved by indoor areas, but outdoor, they're severely handicapped, imo

Blades... nothing really stands out, but none of them are too bad. Crusader is a lot of fun. One of my fav. weapons to be sure. The big negative of blades for me is that most of them seem roughly the same as the others... moreso than most weapons.

As for the top 3 weapons, the game seems to be balancing itself for me. Claws seemed unbalanced initially, but now, they're just a pest. Still near the top, but not frightening. Same with clubs, really.

Bow has really gained stock, imo... overall, I might have them higher than #3 now. super powerful, fast, homing shots at 50-70 meter range is really hard to deal with in a multiplayer game. in 1v1, they might have an issue, but with the other players causing havoc, and powers like Warp growing in popularity, there's not much of a concern of 1v1 in most cases.. The only thing holding bows back is the slight dependence on level selection. Half of the levels, they're above average, 1-2 they're mediocre, but the rest they're pretty awesome.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Staves are only as good as the player using them. You just have to have really good aim to wreck havoc on everything. You just need a lot of practice and patience with them. Orbitars, on the other hand, are just terrible. They don't really excel at much, from my experience.

Cannons are more effective because their continuous fire is pretty powerful. Mix that with some charged shots, and you got a steady powerhouse. If anything I would think palms could be worthy of beating cannons on the tier list.
I'm not seeing it, their normal continuous fire isn't fast at all meaning that "powerful" continuous fire is balanced by how slow they fire, and their dash continuous isn't really that much better than other weapons I just tested.
I know what they are though-slow. Their speed is hindered more than blades, palms, orbitars- pretty much all else except clubs and staffs which get the same. Their continuous fire rate is slow. Their charged shots move slow-with the exception of a few.
I won't deny you could get them to work, and I won't deny they have some qualities. But, they just don't beat out any other weapon enough to consider moving them up.

I'm only going off of what I saw from testing them in the practice range and haven't yet tested them online, so this is just a hypothesis and I'm not able to back it up....yet. Take that however you will.

On a side note: I wonder how clubs + invisible shots would play out...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
On a side note: I wonder how clubs + invisible shots would play out...
but...cannons are fun!

I actually like them, but I tend to agree with your comments. I haven't been sold on one for multiplayer play yet.

Clubs + quick charge + invisible shots... that sounds terrifying.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You forget that Flintlock staves are pretty beast. They travel far and quick, and pack a tremendous punch. Their lack of any melee power doesn't really matter, as you never want to be close.

As for arms and blades, they are good. Arms have a much more powerfull melee than most classes. Also, add in the fact that arms have the best melee lunge distance, as well as the most powerful 3 hit melee combos. They are very destructive when used right. You use their charge shots to get in close with some powerful melee attacks. Good weapon to use, if you're smart.

Blades are the jack of all trades weapons, so they don't seem too powerful, but just about anyone can use them to handle a wide range of situations, making them rather effective.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You forget that Flintlock staves are pretty beast. They travel far and quick, and pack a tremendous punch. Their lack of any melee power doesn't really matter, as you never want to be close.

As for arms and blades, they are good. Arms have a much more powerfull melee than most classes. Also, add in the fact that arms have the best melee lunge distance, as well as the most powerful 3 hit melee combos. They are very destructive when used right. You use their charge shots to get in close with some powerful melee attacks. Good weapon to use, if you're smart.

Blades are the jack of all trades weapons, so they don't seem too powerful, but just about anyone can use them to handle a wide range of situations, making them rather effective.
I'm not a big fan of flintlock in multiplayer, actually... not sure why, just not my cup of tea. Small shots are crazy hard to hit with any lag and the generally fast game movements. This game is not very friendly towards snipers, which is why staves aren't too useful. The Lancer staff has the benefit of crazy powerful large shots with slight homing... which makes it decent at midrange and long... and it's melee power is at least enough to land a couple hits to get away.

And with arms, you still have to get close with a fairly slow weapon.. I can see people surprising others in the indoor areas, I just feel that it's a huge uphill battle in any outdoor area, or any area with a decent amount of running room. I have no problem saying the Taurus arm is awesome... but the others aren't powerful enough for their downfalls, generally. Against Bows, Clubs, Cannons, and Staves, an arm user has to dodge a LOT to get close enough without getting killed. Against Blades, Claws, and Palms, I feel the other weapons just keep Arms JUST out of range, and move in and out faster than the arm can react. This is all just my opinion, though.

And sure, Blades are decent, but why are they better than Palms? You trade slightly better range with a Blade for quite a bit better movement speed, and similar damage output on average with Palm. To me, it just seems like Palms do slightly more damage in the long run, and have an easier time getting close enough to do so...

With the value of bows and clubs in this game, I feel the short range weapons are at a bit of a disadvantage in most cases... This is only made up (imo) by the better movement speed that the claws and Palms give you.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I took skyscraper club + invisible shots + quick charge into action: results on first try 2924 9-3. Won the match

Also made an ogre club with speed +4, I can literally walk INSIDE the FD ch. shot. This gets me thinking broken. I throw a charge shot at the other team making them think "meh I'll dodge it, super slow thing xD" and then I pop out of the shot and melee combo them, or do another ch. shot. I'd prefer melee since this thing does 345 damage with 4.5 melee stars and no melee combo bonus. I really want to try this out, really sounds trollololo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Top:
Clubs
Claws

High:
Bows

Mid:
Arms
Blades
Cannons

Low:
Palms
Staves

Bottom:
Orbitars

On any game I've ever played, I've never truly cared for sluggish weapons. What makes Claws better than Arms? I'll prolly run claws, bows, arms, and blades.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
On any game I've ever played, I've never truly cared for sluggish weapons. What makes Claws better than Arms? I'll prolly run claws, bows, arms, and blades.
Claws are the faster melee choice. Their ranged shots typically are faster and have a slightly better range as well.

Also for the record, I got the all in-game idol challenge completed and it turns out there are 402(strange number). I really thought with thanatos's 1st and 2nd forms being idols they'd make all 5 idols, but I guess I was mistaken-that or thanatos's forms aren't in-game. In which case there may actually be 400 or maybe less in-game idols. But once you get around 400-ish you can bet you're pretty much there.

Oh and if anyone's curious about the reward it's just a crappy first blade so don't stress too much for a reward from it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm not a big fan of flintlock in multiplayer, actually... not sure why, just not my cup of tea. Small shots are crazy hard to hit with any lag and the generally fast game movements. This game is not very friendly towards snipers, which is why staves aren't too useful. The Lancer staff has the benefit of crazy powerful large shots with slight homing... which makes it decent at midrange and long... and it's melee power is at least enough to land a couple hits to get away.

And with arms, you still have to get close with a fairly slow weapon.. I can see people surprising others in the indoor areas, I just feel that it's a huge uphill battle in any outdoor area, or any area with a decent amount of running room. I have no problem saying the Taurus arm is awesome... but the others aren't powerful enough for their downfalls, generally. Against Bows, Clubs, Cannons, and Staves, an arm user has to dodge a LOT to get close enough without getting killed. Against Blades, Claws, and Palms, I feel the other weapons just keep Arms JUST out of range, and move in and out faster than the arm can react. This is all just my opinion, though.

And sure, Blades are decent, but why are they better than Palms? You trade slightly better range with a Blade for quite a bit better movement speed, and similar damage output on average with Palm. To me, it just seems like Palms do slightly more damage in the long run, and have an easier time getting close enough to do so...

With the value of bows and clubs in this game, I feel the short range weapons are at a bit of a disadvantage in most cases... This is only made up (imo) by the better movement speed that the claws and Palms give you.
I have no problems using arms and doing well with them. And I only use the drill arm. And I do pretty good most of the time. You just gotta play smart. As for blades, I see myself getting much more kills with it than palms. Which is why palms are overrated in my opinion.

Claws grants you a fast movement speed and a 5 hit melee combo. However, their melee attack power is weaker than that of arms, as well as the range of their melee strikes. But claws do have a decent range to their ranged attacks. They aren't very powerful though, but it is good enough to pester opponents as you make your way closer. Claws are one of those weapons that you need to keep on staying in your opponent's face. Arms typically have the better charge shots, due to their range advantage, but their continuous fire has shorter range.

Cannons are pretty good online. Their power is quite devastating. You just need good aim.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Just got done testing orbitars online and they actually do quite well. I always got more kills than deaths, although this was mostly due to my skill. They obviously do better at a distance as support for the team kind of like bows. Nothing special about this but I went to the practice range and found some interesting stuff out.

I mostly just compared blades with the orbitars and found out that generally their melee power was the same. with 0 stars the combo does around 30-40 points with the exception of a few melee based blades(ex. Samurai and Aquarius). Their similarity was striking. Even their speeds were generally the same. The only noticeable difference I found was the general ranged shot; that orbitars got stronger the further away they got while blades got stronger the closer they got. I'd say that orbitars just slightly beat out blades in that ranged shots are typically fired from a distance, and that blades slightly beat out orbitars in that their shots are slightly faster.

In short, orbitars are the same tier as blades. Their playability online is pretty much at the same level.

Oh and another thing I noticed is that invisible shots pwn!!! I use them on my skyscraper club and get bunches of KOs. Funny thing happened-I actually got put on a team and all of us used skyscraper clubs and we owned the other team. xD I also use them on my orbitars set and it really helps make up for their slower speed but greater power at distances, especially with unsuspecting people that can't tell the difference between a dash and a dash ch. shot on an orbitars set.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Funny thing about invisible shots. You can dodge them if you can hear the projectile. Some dude was throwing out invisible ohko shots and i managed to dodge them by listening to the shots.

Anyway I have internet for the weekend so I can play :D

I've got a room up right now if anyone wants to join.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
It's just that invisible shots are so uncommon, but that is one weakness to using it on clubs. It's still legit enough on my orbitars though because the only sound is when I throw the shot and they're too far away to hear that. Either way you need to pay really close attention to avoid getting hit by invisible shots.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
That's definitely true. No ones going to notice your using invisible shots until either they dodge it by accident or they get hit by it.

Do Eyetrack orbitars make a sound? I can imagine slipshot + invisible shot being incredibly annoying.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I remember a couple weeks ago running into an eyetrack orbitars user that had some intense homing. Any time I tried to dodge it I'd still get hit by the same shot 3-4 times. I'm more worried about that than them being invisible.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Exactly. You know the shots are coming after you but you cant see them, and you don't know how many shots there are either. It's scary stuff. Unless you can hear the shots, and even then as you said the shots can just turn around and hit you anyway.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'm saying it's scarier being able to see the shots and know there's no way to avoid it, I mean have you seen those eyes? With the exception of shot cancellation which just results in a stalemate and frustration, it's impossible. You always know it's just two shots since that's what orbitars do and they don't really charge quickly.

Top Bottom