• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kid dies imitating naruto

BBQTV

Smash Master
In March of 2008, a ten-year-old boy died from being buried alive in his sandbox. The news claimed this happened by him and his friends imitating "Nurutu", which the news described as a television show where samurai use sand as a tool and to kill each other. It's also been called "Nurutu Sand Ninjas". This story in particular has several major mistakes.
Mispronouncing "Nerutu", despite featuring clips with the correct pronunciation "Nah-Ru-Toe"
Despite avoiding calling it "Sand Ninjas", the reporter says that it is ABOUT Sand Ninjas.
Suggesting Gaara buries himself in sand, when showing him doing his Armor of Sand Jutsu. The only legitimate "sand burial" techniques are used against enemies.
Relying on You Tube clips to inform themselves about the show.
Not to mention that "sand ninja" sounds uncomfortably like an ethnic slur.

the video can be seen with this link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHv9txhVog&feature=related

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
dubbed naruto = ****.

anyone who actually pronounces it NAH-RUU-TOE like they do in dubbed needs to be buried in a sandbox himself..

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I always thought it was NAH-RUH-TOE... Do I need to suicide then? Man this reminds me of that story a while back where a little girl drowned herself in a beach looking for spongebob... appearently her mom went asleep while getting a tan and woke up scared when she heard paramedics and people yelling her name and what not. Weird how kids are SO ignorant that they actually think tv characters are real or think what they do is real that they suicide trying to find them or do what they do. Its so sad... well at first I kinda chuckled at the fact that the kid was that epic but now.... sad

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This is why we do NOT try and imitate shows with orange jumpsuit wearing ninjas. No good will come of it.
Seriously though, thats pretty suckish. Heard about it a few years ago around when it first happened. Very upsetting

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Who cares how accurately they depict the show? A kid ****ing died. You sir, need to get your priorities straight.

Stupid kids.

D

Deleted member

indeed, stupid kids.

hilarious. I hope they imitate wack-a-mole next.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Who cares how accurately they depict the show? A kid ****ing died. You sir, need to get your priorities straight.

Stupid kids.
*brofist*

The OP needs to reread his post and rethink his outlook on life.

And that's coming from someone who saw the title of the thread and laughed out loud.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I kinda laughed at the title. Am I a bad guy?
If you are, then I'm a bad guy to. I does really suck that this happened, but I'm only thinking that after laughing a little.

Well, at the very least, if the thread title was just "kid dies" then I wouldn't of laughed. So we can say that we were laughing at the cause and not the effect.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Question for the OP: Why are you focusing more on how they pronounce the show than how or why the kid died? Seriously. I was lost until I understood you were saying how they pronpunced it. People like you who dont focus are scaring me into wondering what the future youth of america will do. And thats coming from a youth like myself. Im gonna have to jump the border into mexico to retreat there in the future

UberMario

Smash Master
indeed, stupid kids.

hilarious. I hope they imitate wack-a-mole next.
Ta-dah

Apparently that's been thought of already.

I want to know how the kid was OK with being buried, I mean do you not feel yourself sufficating? It's not like it's instantaneous.

D13

Smash Ace
O snap, that's my local news channel.

This is pretty sad. I confess that if a high school/college student had died from "imitating Naruto", I would probably laugh. Is this wrong? >_>

Scott!

Smash Lord
That's different, because teenagers should know better. I assume that you wouldn't laugh if they were special-needs people.

But I'm glad to see that a lot of the people here are showing sensibility and sensitivity. It's a tragedy brought on by a kid not knowing the difference between fantasy and reality, which happens all too often. I do wonder how it happened though. Like was said above, suffocating isn't instantaneous. Plus, sandboxes are generally not that deep, in my experience. Hopefully his friends didn't do anything to make it worse.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I remember when this happened. I remember the internet going berserk all over it. You late to the party, bro.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Parents needs to watch over their kids. Better yet, Chuck Norris needs to watch over the parents for being so dumb.

Every mother and father needs to tell their children that the Tooth Fairy does not exist. They will be in bathrooms with bloody teeth in their hands and ****ed up gums in no time.

"Mommy mommy! I just wanted to get perfect teeth like Camp Lazlo!":)

BBQTV

Smash Master
Question for the OP: Why are you focusing more on how they pronounce the show than how or why the kid died? Seriously. I was lost until I understood you were saying how they pronpunced it. People like you who dont focus are scaring me into wondering what the future youth of america will do. And thats coming from a youth like myself. Im gonna have to jump the border into mexico to retreat there in the future
dont focus on what?

does it make me a bad person to have found these two vidoes more sad then this kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZUvmtPhas&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y46ixXXonTc&feature=related

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I'm not going to lie, I laughed as I read the OP.

No, not because the kid died, but how the news readers made the mistakes.

Kantō

Smash Champion
where the hell were this kids parents??? the show is not to blame, watch your kids, because they came from you and are most likely stupid like you.

not making fun of this, death is nothing to laugh about, but come on....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I Man this reminds me of that story a while back where a little girl drowned herself in a beach looking for spongebob... appearently her mom went asleep while getting a tan and woke up scared when she heard paramedics and people yelling her name and what not. Weird how kids are SO ignorant that they actually think tv characters are real or think what they do is real that they suicide trying to find them or do what they do. Its so sad
I think it's more sad that the kids mother would go to sleep and leave her child alone to do god knows what at the beach. Even if the kid could swim the kid could have been snatched. It's not the kids fault but rather the mother for being lax.

There's tons of stories about these sorts of things, kids immitating superman and jumping off trees or roofs.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I remember some little girl died in a Marshmallow eating contest at her school. At Christmas time. :(

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
man, this is as bad as that kid who killed his sister imitating a WWF(it was F then) move, and then went to jail.

he's still in jail now.

Top Bottom