• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Public Radio International?
No, not that P.R.I. I'm talking about Pizza Research Institute! I can't believe you're part of the Oregon Smash scene and haven't heard of it. They make the best pizza I've ever seen, smelled, and have been blessed tasting in my entire life.

I don't think I'm going to be in Portland this weekend since no one in OR is going to the WA tournament except for t0mmy and I. Normally I'd go up to Portland and carpool from there, but I might just have to bus up to WA without stopping in Portland first. Guess that means I'll see you at G.O.1

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
As far as music synching with the vids, you done an outstanding job. it would be so epic if you can get the original replay files it would be amazing!!! can we fit in the "HI!!!" taunt somewhere? maybe at the end with the pic of kirby or something. anyways great work keep it up!!!

ill try to get my replay files to you

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
No, not that P.R.I. I'm talking about Pizza Research Institute! I can't believe you're part of the Oregon Smash scene and haven't heard of it. They make the best pizza I've ever seen, smelled, and have been blessed tasting in my entire life.

I don't think I'm going to be in Portland this weekend since no one in OR is going to the WA tournament except for t0mmy and I. Normally I'd go up to Portland and carpool from there, but I might just have to bus up to WA without stopping in Portland first. Guess that means I'll see you at G.O.1
I've always been partial to Flying Pie Pizzeria. The toppings are choice, and they pile them so high that a metal rod in the center is required to cook the pizza all the way through. :)

What tourney are you going to, and when are you making it back? I'd be interested in heading up with you if you get back before Sunday morning. I'll post this question on AiB too, as soon as the site is up and running again. Oh, and I've been a casual player up until now, so that might explain why I didn't know about PRI. A pizza research group? I can go for that. :laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'll send you the replay that I tech a thunder stomp. And in what format would you like the clips?

EDIT: found some clips that might be ok
@0:16-0:40
@0:50
I like the first one, though it's kinda long. The second one was alright, I could probably fit something better though, particularly since all the clips I'm getting from you could turn this into a "shao combo video" lol XD

Send them to me in whatever format seems best....if WMV will look good, that's fine.

As far as music synching with the vids, you done an outstanding job. it would be so epic if you can get the original replay files it would be amazing!!! can we fit in the "HI!!!" taunt somewhere? maybe at the end with the pic of kirby or something. anyways great work keep it up!!!

ill try to get my replay files to you
thanks. I can try to fit a taunt picture in there, maybe with the suggestion in the annotations at the end of the video. :D

^this

ON TOPIC :: Kirby is winsauce. Asdioh, I nedz 2 c taht vid >:[
ACCEPT MAH FRIEND REQUEST NAAAAOOOOOO!!!!
done

*wonders if T1mmy would like to be in this*

I put like 2 clips of T1mmy in there, but they're pretty short and meh since I couldn't find anything good, and they're low-quality at the moment >_<

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Sorry about that, no more clips from me :p Just one question, it's better for you if I send the original replays, or just the clips? Because I have all the replays on my wii, but some of them I don't have on my computer. Should I cut the clips off from the ones I have, or send all of them as replays?

How long are you planning the video to be?

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I have a good video of me against a ness cpu and at the end i copyed him, spat him out, used pk flash, which hit him and then b-aired him off the stage all in one combo lol. can anyone tell me how I can upload this video in anyway?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I have a good video of me against a ness cpu and at the end i copyed him, spat him out, used pk flash, which hit him and then b-aired him off the stage all in one combo lol. can anyone tell me how I can upload this video in anyway?
VS human players only : /

Also, we should have the audio at the end just be kirby's taunt (melee taunt, since it's so awesome) playing over and over again, like in Knee of the North Star.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Shao, I'd prefer if you sent me the ones on your computer, and if I need more I'll let you know.
You can send me replays that you think MUST go in over the wii, but I would have to send them to a friend to record, and I don't want to bother him TOO much.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
♣ 〜でない限り それは ルイージ, ピーチ, および/または ピカチュウ。 ♥
Wait why do we need vids of cpus as those 3? lol

I guess peach and luigi are the best cpus though XD not sure about pikachu

Anyways asdioh feel free to take anything from my vids if you aren't done with you're video yet lol.

Sadly all my older ones got deleted but I could go look through all my newer stuff for something good or go play wifi and save replays doing dumb stuff that only works there :laugh:

IC3R

Smash Lord
Asdioh, I sent you a PM with some stuff in it.

If you can't capture card stuff......IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO CAN?!?!?!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shao, I'd prefer if you sent me the ones on your computer, and if I need more I'll let you know.
You can send me replays that you think MUST go in over the wii, but I would have to send them to a friend to record, and I don't want to bother him TOO much.
The only way I could contribute is by sending a replay too. I only have one good replay where at the end I suck up a snake offstage and spit him out only for him to get stage spiked by his own grenade. Should I send it to you?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Okay Kirby Mainers....I'm on my way to Apex....I'mma hold it down for our Community and Rep Kirby all the way....Its going to be around 200+ people so I will Try my hardest to be the top Kirby player even If I don't make it to the Finals...My Goal is to place higher Than Chudat...or Either defeat him making him place lower than Me.....RaRaRaRa....I'm reppin us Regardless L8R...GOD KAIS!!!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You'd better end up high. If it was a small tourney, I'd be saying "TOP 5, DUDE!"... But top 5 in such a big tourney is harder than it sounds... lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The only way I could contribute is by sending a replay too. I only have one good replay where at the end I suck up a snake offstage and spit him out only for him to get stage spiked by his own grenade. Should I send it to you?
Yeah sounds good! My wii number is on my profile, and so is yours...I'll add you probably tomorrow, so add me and send it like Sunday or something. This video probably won't be done for a while.

It sucks trying to work on a video with a computer as terrible as mine. :/

Okay Kirby Mainers....I'm on my way to Apex....I'mma hold it down for our Community and Rep Kirby all the way....Its going to be around 200+ people so I will Try my hardest to be the top Kirby player even If I don't make it to the Finals...My Goal is to place higher Than Chudat...or Either defeat him making him place lower than Me.....RaRaRaRa....I'm reppin us Regardless L8R...GOD KAIS!!!
Don't get grabbed!
Don't get hit!
Don't get too cocky, Star Fox!

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll email them today, probably... I'll send over wifi only the thunder stomp one. PS: did you get the email I sent you yesterday?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I got the email, but I haven't checked out the clip yet because my computer sucks too much to watch clips on anything but Sony Vegas. I'm telling you, it's broken. lol

I hafta get a job soon and work my *** off and buy a laptop!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Low activity here, I guess some of the Kirby mains when to that big tourney in New Jersey, (I forgot what it was called). I'm also guessing that the main tourney was yesterday and a side tourney is today, (maybe).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah the Sheik clips were pretty ********. TELEPORTING FTW!

Anyway, I'm in no rush to make this video. I want it to be really good when it's done, and if I'm going to edit with my crappy computer and have low quality clips, it's worth waiting for..something.

I haven't added anyone's wii codes yet, sorry. I'll get on that soon, or something.

Tomorrow's my birthday :O

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yesh. And I absolutely must practice my Kirby... why has no one answered my question in the question thread yet?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hokay I'm finally adding Tnuts and A1 to my wii friend list. Luckily AiB has their wii numbers >_>

Anyone else want to send me replays? Try not to overwhelm me.

The video is on hold for now, computer johns (plus, the internet isn't even working on my computer right now)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna permanently drop Kirby for PT or someone else. His movement speed and stuff is just getting boring to me compared to Squirtle's fun air game and the Zard's Rock Smash. Ivy has the ability to say "IVY" in the most epic ways I guess lol.

I'll prolly still screw around with Kirby but I really need to expand my repertoire and knowledge.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strangely, Pokémon Trainer is one of my mains since I love Pokémon so much. I main all the Pokémon and know what Pokémon to use on each character like when facing Kirby, mostly focus on using mostly Charizard and Squirtle. Using Ivysaur would make you lose a stock if your facing a serous Kirby main... yea that's my one example, I'm thinking of using him on tourney's again.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I think I'm gonna permanently drop Kirby for PT or someone else. His movement speed and stuff is just getting boring to me

Use Fsmash for ground movement. Fun times will be had. Bonus points if you make a "FFFFFFFFFFFFF" sound while spamming down-angled ones.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yo yo, Asdioh...Happy Birthday man! :laugh:

I have an idea for the video, regarding clip placement:
Why not give each Kirby mainer his/her own respective section? I know the vids were kinda meh quality, so it was hard to see the tags anyway. I dunno, it almost feels like a combo video with someone who uses multiple Kirby costumes.

We could have the names fade in at certain points to notify the audience of when clips of a different Kirby player are up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Asdioh, I'll probably have to email you Kirby clips since I don't have Wi-Fi for my Wii. You'll forgive me if I save the best of them for any future video project I might have in mind, yes?

If you're doing a collaborative combo video, then you'll want an introductory screen for each person before their clips come up. It can be quick and nothing too fancy, it helps keep the theme of a "collab" going and the audience doesn't have to wonder who's who the whole time (especially if tags are missing or illegible).

There's a thread about this at AiB, you should go post there, possibly with preferred ways of sending clips (e-mail, wii-mail, AIM whatever).

Top Bottom