• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
YBM for best kirby main
Well, he did place higher than Chudat on APEX, (I think that's what it's called). Though Chudat might have a harder bracket since he did face two tough players, also I have to see who YbM Brawled as well.

I gotta note even MK is more fun than Kirby for me now, that's nooo goooood.
Are you using Kirby at the highest level or are you just using him just because he's easy to use? If you answer because he's easy to use, then you will get bored with him, use him at the highest level, unless it's a bad match up, you should handle him fine without being bored with him.

IC3R

Smash Lord
If you're doing a collaborative combo video, then you'll want an introductory screen for each person before their clips come up. It can be quick and nothing too fancy, it helps keep the theme of a "collab" going and the audience doesn't have to wonder who's who the whole time (especially if tags are missing or illegible).
t!mmy is so awesome~

So is Mirror Kirby~

Ladybug

Smash Lord
If you're doing a collaborative combo video, then you'll want an introductory screen for each person before their clips come up. It can be quick and nothing too fancy, it helps keep the theme of a "collab" going and the audience doesn't have to wonder who's who the whole time (especially if tags are missing or illegible).
You could always see if you could get a clip of everyone doing a taunt and have their names above it at the beginning. That way everyone knows who's who in colour and what not. It's a nice way of introduction and it's quite friendly. :)

Oh and: Happy birthday Asdioh. :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Use Fsmash for ground movement. Fun times will be had. Bonus points if you make a "FFFFFFFFFFFFF" sound while spamming down-angled ones.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?
hmm

Asdioh, I'll probably have to email you Kirby clips since I don't have Wi-Fi for my Wii. You'll forgive me if I save the best of them for any future video project I might have in mind, yes?

There's a thread about this at AiB, you should go post there, possibly with preferred ways of sending clips (e-mail, wii-mail, AIM whatever).
I won't mind. That sounds like a possibility.

You could always see if you could get a clip of everyone doing a taunt and have their names above it at the beginning. That way everyone knows who's who in colour and what not. It's a nice way of introduction and it's quite friendly. :)

Oh and: Happy birthday Asdioh. :)
That sounds like a lot of work :/ it would be a good idea, but like, not everyone has wifi etc. etc.
I could do it with sections based on each person though. Not what I originally had planned...but....

And thanks for the birthday wishes people. I'm wondering if I'll get more from Smashboards or Facebook o_o

...I wonder about allisbrawl as well. *checks the thread*

edit: YbM for best Wiimote Kirby. :p
edit2: wow he came in 17th. That's amazing o_O

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Are you using Kirby at the highest level or are you just using him just because he's easy to use? If you answer because he's easy to use, then you will get bored with him, use him at the highest level, unless it's a bad match up, you should handle him fine without being bored with him.
No matter how many times you say that it doesn't make sense. I can handle him fine and use pretty much every thing he has, he's still boring as **** to me.

MK's better range+better speed+better gimp game+he's a beast+he's funner to me due to all those reasons leaves me with no reason to use Kirby.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I still use Kirby, mainly for the giggles, and when my other characters just can't cut it.
Mario and Ness have never gotten boring. Kirby does, at times. But I just change the way I play to make it more interesting.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Kirby can be fun to use, but doing the same grab combos over and over and using the same bair to do the same thing over and over while MK's are flying around with tornados and PT's are busy looking squirrel turtles makes me want more.

=/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah...I'm not gonna lie, Kirby's a pretty boring character. ._.

And his metagame hasn't changed a bit since a few months after the game came out.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Heh. I actually find Kirby really fun, especially when changing style to suit new Copy Abilities. Too fun.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Heh. I actually find Kirby really fun, especially when changing style to suit new Copy Abilities. Too fun.
♣ I always do that even if it's a bad ability for Kirby to have, his hats always brings me joy. ♥

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol at Kirby being a fast character. He's not slow but he's not that fast.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I still use Kirby, mainly for the giggles, and when my other characters just can't cut it.
Mario and Ness have never gotten boring. Kirby does, at times. But I just change the way I play to make it more interesting.
Funny, I main both Mario and Ness as well and they never get boring, (well, I never get bored of any of my mains). To keep up my sanity, I don't use the same moves that most Kirby mains use, for example I mastered the fast fall with Stone Kirby without changing my controls, (though I don't really need it), and know how to stage spiked with Stone Kirby as well as fake out's Down-B. U-Tilt or U-Smash needs to be used more since I haven't seen people use it a lot in tourney's, lol.

Yeah...I'm not gonna lie, Kirby's a pretty boring character. ._.

And his metagame hasn't changed a bit since a few months after the game came out.
I think you already said that. XD

But I agree that his metagame hasn't change in some months, but what to do but to try more crazy tactics and research eh?

Not if you play him at the highest level of play because he's so fast and exciting!!!!!11111
The more and better reason to step your game up. =P

I mostly try the powers that I like to use. Anyone who uses Ike, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Chartered, Ivysaur, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, and Lucas. The best for looks would be Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, and Diddy Kong.

Lol at Kirby being a fast character. He's not slow but he's not that fast.
If they replace his Side-B with Jet Kirby he will be ultra fast. XD

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ There needs to be more Kirby pros, just about every character boards have at least five or eight different star mains the brighten their day, however I only know three mains that pull off that job so far. The progress in Japan is already lacking good Kirby mains as it is. >.> ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Please rep Japan's best Kirby Lovely, they really need it more than the US do. I'm getting into more tourney's this summer, you can count on that. =D

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ But I'm too into Pokemon and Puyo Puyo tourney's than Smash in Tokyo. I played FD about every round I played in one tourney which was more than 14 times, that made me not want to go to more Brawl tourney's but to item Brawl tourney's. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
14 times?!? What tourney did you went to? I know the rules make you random pick Final Destination, Battlefield, and Lylat Cruise in every first match... you must had been to a big tourney then.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ We will continue this talk in the chat room in our website, I hate to spam a thread with just two people talking in it. ♥

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Meta Knight's boring because all you have to do is throw out random attacks, and there is like a 90% chance that it will beat out your opponent's attack, and you have a stupidly low chance of getting punished for anything if you're smart at all.

If you want a fun character, play Fox. My god he is so fun. I was playing him against a friend on wifi yesterday, and it's so satisfying to snipe small characters like Toon Link with random single lasers when he's jumping around, because doing that in lag is an impressive feat, lol.
But really, he's fast, not overpowered, and yeah, stuff. He's a "glass cannon."

Realistically speaking, no BS here, if Falco is THIRD on the tier list (and I still think he's a terrible character), Fox should be significantly higher as well. He doesn't have a lame chaingrab to spike, but he does have speed, combos, a much better recovery than Falco, and one of the strongest kill moves in the game. Plus he can camp, and stuff like that. Only thing that really hurts him I guess is Pikachu's chaingrab, so don't get grabbed.

Now let's talk about Kirby.
He's fun.
l2p

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*Points to the character in her postbit*

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Asidoh, for the combo vid, you could have the people's names fade into the screen at the start of their clips, and the name could be the color of their regular costume (that would be awesome, just need to make sure you pick a clip with a background you can see it on. You'd probably have to pick one of my brinstar clips if you wanted to do that, for example. Dang yellow : /).

§leepy God

Smash Master
How come Ike isn't on your list Asdioh? He's pretty fun. D:

Also, how do you guys find the Jigglypuff vs Kirby match up? I find it confusing because I see some Kirby mains struggle with Jigglypuff. Maybe those Kirby mains didn't know how to fight Jigglypuff when I used her or something... huh.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm pretty sure they both got what you said, just the fact they disagree with you Frost.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now you've done it. I'm going to find a random Meta Knight main and attempt to three stock them with Kirby and Wario.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
WOOOOO!!!! I'm back from that Long Trip....10 hour drive....man O man Was it fun...I finally got to play Chudat....I even have a picture of us playing....hehe I'll post that Later though....I believe I represented Kirby Well....Man I'm so whooped right now...
@Shuzaku http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xomxfyt6T4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVmFqRXVOGM
You can watch me play the best Diddy Kong Player I've faced...Even though He destroyed me...in a 3/5 set
i don't really have any other Vids...I need to invest in a Camcorder....hehe

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm....we played twice....And I defeated him twice.....Don't get me wrong he is really good...But I came up with the win....2-1 in a set and one time after wards...

Top Bottom