• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I played a lot of people I remember playing Someone Named CS2ill(something Like that), Chaos, Kage, A Yoshi Mainer Who's name I can't remember Vex Kasarino(something like that), Ummm EE or E love, ummm Smurf, Chudat, Anther, HolyNightMare....I won against all of them.....And I lost Against Mew2King and got eliminted by Afro Thunder....I Had 1st seed in my pools so the Brackets turned out good...So ummm yeah....Some of Em I played in pools and Some were after the Brackets M2K sent me to Losers thus having Afro Finish me off...

@A1Lion835- Maybe so...But I have nothing else to prove. I felt like I accomplished what I wanted. I played the Guy who is supposedly the best Known Kirby and Came out on Top. I respect His Kirby...Even though we use the same Color...which was troublesome. But He Played Good. On his Game or not....it is what it is. I have nothing else to prove. I beat Anther, Holynightmare, Chudat, Vex Kasarino(something like that) which are all top ranking players. I'm sorry I didn't get my rep early then maybe people would acknowledge skill and that underdogs can rise above most. I'm humble that i even get to Play skilled people like that. But Don't make excuses for him losing...a Loss is a loss regardless of the Situation..

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Even if CHu was out of it at Apex... YbM still won. Props to you, YbM! Now I have someone else to look for vids from. Chu's been going downhill ever since he started playing Brawl+... That game seriously messes with your understanding of Brawl's physics.

Hope you don't disappoint as the best Kirby main in my eyes, YbM. I'm still aiming for best, also...! ;) ...Except, that different from you, I'm stuck in an island and have to make lots of money in order to go to big tourneys. Too bad for being born in PR, huh?

Hoping to friendly you sometime, I'd like to see your playstyle and see if we can learn anything from each other... :D

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
@A1Lion835- Maybe so...But I have nothing else to prove. I felt like I accomplished what I wanted. I played the Guy who is supposedly the best Known Kirby and Came out on Top. I respect His Kirby...Even though we use the same Color...which was troublesome. But He Played Good. On his Game or not....it is what it is. I have nothing else to prove. I beat Anther, Holynightmare, Chudat, Vex Kasarino(something like that) which are all top ranking players. I'm sorry I didn't get my rep early then maybe people would acknowledge skill and that underdogs can rise above most. I'm humble that i even get to Play skilled people like that. But Don't make excuses for him losing...a Loss is a loss regardless of the Situation..
I'm not doubting your skill or johning for himthe sun was in his eyes!He didn't have enough light to see the tv!. And beating all those guys...that's scary O_o (but maybe I think that because I stink...:urg:). I'm not saying you're unskilled or that you couldn't win, it was just an upset win...

And yes, a loss is a lossbut not when it's a losstech cleaning mechanismthing!.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow Y.b.M. that was some beautiful words. <(T.T)> You still have to face me though. =P

Also I have a problem... I was bored and played Brawl+ for kicks, and now... I can't stop playing it... I need advice and help please. T.T

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Even if CHu was out of it at Apex... YbM still won. Props to you, YbM! Now I have someone else to look for vids from. Chu's been going downhill ever since he started playing Brawl+... That game seriously messes with your understanding of Brawl's physics.

Hope you don't disappoint as the best Kirby main in my eyes, YbM. I'm still aiming for best, also...! ;) ...Except, that different from you, I'm stuck in an island and have to make lots of money in order to go to big tourneys. Too bad for being born in PR, huh?

Hoping to friendly you sometime, I'd like to see your playstyle and see if we can learn anything from each other... :D
Thank you, I will represent Kirby forever. And I have the greatest amount of respect to the kirby mainers. I personally will not play brawl plus...I just don't see the reason in altering a games physics just because you don't like it. But hey, that's my own personal preference. Although some of the texture hacks are Cool....But changing the Game play is something I'll never agree on. I spent alot of money this weekend on the hotel room, Gas money, and as well as Food. I would love to friendly you sometime though...Hopefully we'll meet if you can make it to a tourny

Wow Y.b.M. that was some beautiful words. <(T.T)> You still have to face me though. =P

Also I have a problem... I was bored and played Brawl+ for kicks, and now... I can't stop playing it... I need advice and help please. T.T
haha thanks....I speak from the heart. If you find something fun play it...then play it...as long as you are enjoying it...Although I will not play it since I've practiced to get good in Brawl since it released and I refuse to have my Game play altered.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Thank you, I will represent Kirby forever. And I have the greatest amount of respect to the kirby mainers. I personally will not play brawl plus...I just don't see the reason in altering a games physics just because you don't like it. But hey, that's my own personal preference. Although some of the texture hacks are Cool....But changing the Game play is something I'll never agree on. I spent alot of money this weekend on the hotel room, Gas money, and as well as Food. I would love to friendly you sometime though...Hopefully we'll meet if you can make it to a tourny

haha thanks....I speak from the heart. If you find something fun play it...then play it...as long as you are enjoying it...Although I will not play it since I've practiced to get good in Brawl since it released and I refuse to have my Game play altered.
Quoted for truth, loving your words! Getting used to Brawl and how a character works is too much work, mixing it up with other relatively-similar games can really screw-up with your gameplay...

And keep representing Kirby! I've never stopped saying that "Kirby is actually top-tier, people just refuse to accept it!"... I love him too much! :D

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
I played a lot of people I remember playing Someone Named CS2ill(something Like that), Chaos, Kage, A Yoshi Mainer Who's name I can't remember Vex Kasarino(something like that), Ummm EE or E love, ummm Smurf, Chudat, Anther, HolyNightMare....I won against all of them.....And I lost Against Mew2King and got eliminted by Afro Thunder....I Had 1st seed in my pools so the Brackets turned out good...So ummm yeah....Some of Em I played in pools and Some were after the Brackets M2K sent me to Losers thus having Afro Finish me off...

quite a resume there. im glad we have another proven kirby to share his/her input to the community. thanks for repping us!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Congrats Y.b.m. for repping Kirby at Apex. I have a question for you, what do you do that separates yourself from the average competitive Kirby players?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Congrats, Y.b.M.! in addition to Calibur's question... are you going to Genesis? I'd love to get a chance to play you, and it would be all the more incentive for me to head down there. Also, you'd likely get a chance to face off against t1mmy...

DC

Smash Cadet
Sigh, I played Ybm. I know I'm going to get a lot of **** for this, but I don't think that he is a very good player at all. (ibdrama) Let me try to explain in the most respectful way as possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU94hTZQ6bs
Watch that and you can get the gist of how Ybm plays.

He's a good player, he has the basics down but he has a lot of seriously bad habits. Do you remember when you guys first started playing Kirby? You remember how you would roll into or away from people a lot instead of spacing yourself correctly, use stone everytime you're above someone and spam forward smash at low percents? Yeah that's pretty much Ybm's playstyle. I played a few friendlies with him. At first I thought that he was sandbagging me, but then I realized that he did the same thing in money matches against Deez and Pyronic Star. He did beat Deez in a money match playing like that but lost to Pyronic.

Now here's what I think... I think that a lot of top players are conditioned into thinking of how certain characters play/what they do in certain situations. If you notice in that video almost every time he lands a dair he follows up with fsmash. Normally you wouldn't do this right? It's unsafe because unless your opponent trips, it's usually easily shielded and punished. It seems like his opponent mindgamed himself into thinking that the fsmash wasn't coming and didn't shield. Watching Ybm play money matches with Deez and Pyronic (both of which practice with Chudat) was almost unreal, I'd say that almost all of his kills were from completely random fsmashes, instead of reading airdodges and punishing.

So what's my point? I think that Ybm beat a lot of people simply because they were expecting the generic Kirby (which is generic for a reason... it works), and instead they played something different.

Again I mean no disrespect to Ybm, hell.. maybe I'm completely wrong and his way is the most efficient way to play Kirby? Hmm...

Suspect

Smash Hero
I THINK...i might know what you are talking about.

I have played a seen alot of good people....but they are not actually "good"

their playing style make you think "wtf? how do they keep winning playing like that" or "how the hell does that work"...but it does work.

idk

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Quoted for truth, loving your words! Getting used to Brawl and how a character works is too much work, mixing it up with other relatively-similar games can really screw-up with your gameplay...

And keep representing Kirby! I've never stopped saying that "Kirby is actually top-tier, people just refuse to accept it!"... I love him too much! :D
I know I love him as well...He's to good....

quite a resume there. im glad we have another proven kirby to share his/her input to the community. thanks for repping us!
Thank you for repping Us...We're like a team...If one wins..we all Win, or at least that's how I feel..

Congrats Y.b.m. for repping Kirby at Apex. I have a question for you, what do you do that separates yourself from the average competitive Kirby players?
Well I just play what feels right...I normally understand how Kirby works and what benefits Kirby...And I think ahead of my opponent by assuming what they are going to do since I play him and know his strengths and weaknesses...Kirby has No Bad stages in my opinion...so I don't really care what stage my opponent picks...

Congrats, Y.b.M.! in addition to Calibur's question... are you going to Genesis? I'd love to get a chance to play you, and it would be all the more incentive for me to head down there. Also, you'd likely get a chance to face off against t1mmy...
Not sure if I am...But if I can I will...I would love to travel all the way to the west Reppin Kirby...

Sigh, I played Ybm. I know I'm going to get a lot of **** for this, but I don't think that he is a very good player at all. (ibdrama) Let me try to explain in the most respectful way as possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU94hTZQ6bs
Watch that and you can get the gist of how Ybm plays.

He's a good player, he has the basics down but he has a lot of seriously bad habits. Do you remember when you guys first started playing Kirby? You remember how you would roll into or away from people a lot instead of spacing yourself correctly, use stone everytime you're above someone and spam forward smash at low percents? Yeah that's pretty much Ybm's playstyle. I played a few friendlies with him. At first I thought that he was sandbagging me, but then I realized that he did the same thing in money matches against Deez and Pyronic Star. He did beat Deez in a money match playing like that but lost to Pyronic.

Now here's what I think... I think that a lot of top players are conditioned into thinking of how certain characters play/what they do in certain situations. If you notice in that video almost every time he lands a dair he follows up with fsmash. Normally you wouldn't do this right? It's unsafe because unless your opponent trips, it's usually easily shielded and punished. It seems like his opponent mindgamed himself into thinking that the fsmash wasn't coming and didn't shield. Watching Ybm play money matches with Deez and Pyronic (both of which practice with Chudat) was almost unreal, I'd say that almost all of his kills were from completely random fsmashes, instead of reading airdodges and punishing.

So what's my point? I think that Ybm beat a lot of people simply because they were expecting the generic Kirby (which is generic for a reason... it works), and instead they played something different.

Again I mean no disrespect to Ybm, hell.. maybe I'm completely wrong and his way is the most efficient way to play Kirby? Hmm...
Didn't read Everything since I'm in a Rush and I have to go to Work....but I must say that this Vid is like 3 months or something and I was just Starting to get a feel for the Dair while using him...And plus it's online...Half the Time I wanted to do something I wouldn't come out correctly...Comparing that to how I do IRL is Useless...There's a big difference in game play...Not to mention I was playing a guy from Canada which causes more lag...You cant really see the lag during the match but you can feel it...

Edit: I read Everything.....NOW...I did have a Fsmash Problem...Which has been Corrected because I had to break old habits....There's nothing Random about a Fsmash connecting After Dair...It doesn't always connect and it also depends on the distance in which you and your opponent is and also depends on how your opponent lands. It's called practicing...there's nothing Random about practice if you do it. And sometimes Fsmash comes out a lot just because of peoples impatients...Chu did that a decent amount of times during my last stock when I had like 80 percent...and He got punished for it...Hoping your opponent runs into it and the match ends quickly is what happens when you get impatient...It's his strongest Smash attack and it even has a Sweetspot if connected correctly.

Yes My play style is different because I don't play how you expect a Kirby should play...I play a way that's comfortable to me and that allows me to rank high in Local tournaments and Circuit events...Now saying I'm not a very good player is just disrespectful...and saying that you not trying to be disrespectful doesn't make it non disrespectful...And BTW are you the Kirby player that I played and 2 stocked both games, and what was your Ranking in the Tournament Out of Around 230+ people if you even made it out of pools...I'd like to add that I got Number 1 in my pools. But hey maybe I'm just lucky and every match I win is based on luck and if my opponent is feeling up to par.

And if you felt so strongly about the way I play..Then you should have said it to my face when you had the chance and not waited til you got back home...But it is what it is...I really wish you the best of luck at your next tournament. And I pray that we get to meet again so you can show me how much of better player you are....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I like it how random good people that place good in a big tourney doesn't get no enough rep for his/her wins. XD
I like how you come out of no where and say that Sleepy, you like Kirby a lot but don't main but Jigglypuff, what is your reason of that?.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lol, I hope people start making up more ATs with their Standard Special Moves :p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh and just for the record DC...Me and Holynightmare(Ally's Brother) played...and I defeated him...Then later on Me and Chudat Played and I came out Victorious... Then Holynightmare played Chudat in a crew battle and Holy won...And If you ask Holy who is the better kirby. He'll tell you his honest opinion...which he humbly did in the All is Brawl Chat room...

clowsui

Smash Legend
everybody sleeeeeepinnnn on my best *** ybm lol
anybody who thinks he's bad needs to quit life and come to midwest for a tourney
i still to this day don't understand how he's quite as good as he is, his kirby is very unique and weird. i haven't played him since the beginning of january, but even then it was very peculiar
can't wait to play him at my smashfest next friday =)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't like simple playstyles. :[

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The best way to play Kirby, is...

... to not watch any videos for awhile, brainwash yourself, and restart your Kirby knowledge. YbM is a bit more defensive than me, I'm always trying to be in-your-face (as well as baiting attacks, like he did against the G&W in his video), whereas he's waiting for the opponent to try attacking then countering with whatever he desires.

Kirby's a baiting character. :D

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I appreciate you Chi....You shut up DEEZ...I spent your dollar On a nice Bag of chips...It was really good...Thanks for the Money.
And as i said before I have nothing else to prove...Doing what i did was a self accomplishment for me...i feel good regardless if I never lived up to your Kirby playing Standards. I'm happy...I repped for the Kirby team...and it was an honor playing people with respectable Skills...So from here on out I'll be improving...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I already said it, YbM is the best Wiimote Kirby. First time I played him was in like January, and I beat him first game (this was pools) so I underestimated him ("lol that guy's using a wiimote!") and lost the next two games.

I'm curious about how much better he's gotten since C4 Galore. He obviously improved since he placed so high in this big tourney, while we both placed crap in C4. Neither of us had much practice then, though.

Now, we're both going to be practicing a lot :]
I NEED to get a job so I can start going to tournaments.

Congratulations on beating Chudat. And where did you beat all these players? If you beat Anther, it must have been .. in pools? What about Holynightmare? Did you play Chudat in pools or tourney? Doesn't Vex play Bowser? lolbowser

By the way: the Kirby boards had 7 people viewing when I came here, which was more than every single other character board. :D
good job guyz

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
T-nuts is too cool to leave.

Diddy Kong and his bananas need to GTFO my Brawl.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I wish there was a brown kirby in Brawl like the one in Kirby: Air Ride.
I mained the brown one btw.
But I used MK.
Who actually wasn't even the best option in that game (ZOMG WTF).

But yeah, chocolate Kirby needs to GTFI my Brawl.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I already said it, YbM is the best Wiimote Kirby. First time I played him was in like January, and I beat him first game (this was pools) so I underestimated him ("lol that guy's using a wiimote!") and lost the next two games.

I'm curious about how much better he's gotten since C4 Galore. He obviously improved since he placed so high in this big tourney, while we both placed crap in C4. Neither of us had much practice then, though.

Now, we're both going to be practicing a lot :]
I NEED to get a job so I can start going to tournaments.

Congratulations on beating Chudat. And where did you beat all these players? If you beat Anther, it must have been .. in pools? What about Holynightmare? Did you play Chudat in pools or tourney? Doesn't Vex play Bowser? lolbowser

By the way: the Kirby boards had 7 people viewing when I came here, which was more than every single other character board. :D
good job guyz

Me Anther and Holy played serious matches on one TV Together. After I beat anther I was so Excited and I yelled out "Where's Chudat, I'm ready for Em"..Then Somebody heard me say it and they got him and he said when When I find an open TV let him know and he'll play me(Holy and Anther were playing at that Time).. So After Anther played Holy...I played Holy and then After that It was me Against Chudat on another TV. At first I could see that he was sandbagging because I KO'd him in Like 20 Seconds after he Only took 8%...Then It got intense after the first match...All our matches were Close....But in the End I won that set 2-1 then we played one more game afterwards and i won...He is Honestly a Really good Kirby player....He utilizes that hammer more than anyone i've ever seen...He is really good and I learned a lot from playing him. And none of these matches were pools or Bracket matches. But they Also were more than friendlies...And Vex played as G&W and King Dedede Against me...I destroyed his G&W but me his Dedede Were both at 150%+ on the last stock...and I came out with the Win....And As I promised the picture of Chudat and I playing...

Top Bottom