• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I doesn't afraid of MK.

I'm not afraid of Snake either. I love that MU when I am offline and get to play 30 matches a row because I figure out the MU and can play patiently. And my TL does 'not bad' against Snake. My Fox is good against snakes already.

My first characters were Lucas and Kirby.

Kewkky needs to attend a tournament soon.

Diddy is fun because you can be super safe aggressive by staying in the air and moving towards him.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
In all honesty, to get better with items, if you don't already main an item based character, is to just play some games with a few items to toss around! The smoke ball is my favorite! :) Even if it is with a few cpu's. You're purpose is to control the match and your surrounding space with the items. You can grab an item by short hopping and doing an aerial right near it, or you can pick it up with a reverse aerial rush for faster access. Mix your little jump cancelled item tosses into it. It's a lot of fun! Practice tossing items up and catching them before they hit the ground. You'll eventually be able to catch most tossed projectiles; turnips, grenades, bike pieces etc. I don't think you can catch a thrown bob-omb though...

I love it when the match starts and a Diddy jumps back to pull out the banana only to have it fall in my hands. :laugh:

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I had a fierce match tonight but I played like crap again.

I still won, yet I played crappy. I played most of the stages that is not on the ruleset and the items were on high. Mostly bob-ombs and other explosives. It was fun yet we (kirby v. MK) just dodged. At least I still did some combos.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
HI ASDIOH I AGREE WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT KIRBY

then again i currently have access to a gamecube with melee and a bunch of solid non-swf melee-ers...and not a wii...so my brawl skill is fading but im picking up a nice melee sheik

and on the upside i can truly say ive played kirby for a non-trivial amount of time in all 3 smash games

too bad melee kirby sucks tho

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
too bad melee kirby sucks tho
As soon as I read that, I just had to bring this up.

[COLLAPSE=" "]
N64 Kirby would **** GCN Kirby so hard he would be too afraid to report it.

And then he would never talk to anyone about it, until 7 or 8 years later when he falls in love with a girl (LaLaLa?) and realizes that he can't properly perform. He goes to a psychiatrist who discovers that he has a mental block because of the ****.

GCN Kirby goes home and cries. LaLaLa tries to comfort him, saying that they'll work through it. After about a month, she leaves him anyway.

GCN Kirby decends into alcoholism, spending every night hitting the sauce and beating his pet robo-dog. Months into this lifestyle, while panhandling for money and maxim tomatoes, he sees LaLaLa walking down the street with another man.

GCN Kirby finally realizes it's time to get some help.

He attends a 12 step program and, through a lot of hard work and dedication, manages to overcome his addiction.

Skip some time now.

GCN Kirby gets his 5 years clean pin and is quite happy that his life is finally turned around. He has a job as a garbage disposal and has finally found another woman he loves. Now, the only thing left for him to conquer is his 'performance' problem. He goes to seek new help from a professional.

(...)

1 month later:

Problem solved! GCN Kirby is finally ready. He calls his girl, Tiff, at home and tells her the good news, and that he is rushing over. She tells him that LaLaLa and her boyfriend have stopped by for a visit, and will be there when they show up.

GCN Kirby doesn't know how to feel about this. He definitely felt betrayed by LaLaLa, but time heals all wounds. He's ready to face the problems of his past.

GCN Kirby pulls up to his house and walks in the door.

Something isn't right. Everything is far too quiet.

He calls out to Tiff.

No response.

He calls out to LaLaLa.

Again, no response.

*click* The TV turns on in the other room. Carefully, GCN Kirby walks towards the noise. In the room, sitting in a chair and looking extremely suave and relaxed...

is N64 Kirby.

"Good afternoon, my old friend." N64 Kirby says with a smug-looking smirk. "I enjoyed MEETing that woman of your-" he hiccups. "Or rather, should I say..."

GCN Kirby gasps when he notices Tiff's blonde hair on the top of N64 Kirby's head.

"...EATING her." He cackled.

GCN Kirby broke down. He couldn't take it anymore, and blacked out.

For the next 9 years, N64 Kirby brutally assaulted GCN Kirby with his N64 >>> GCN Matchup.

That's how bad it is
[COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Got bodied by Tearbear on Wifi.

Didn't even play his MK.

;_; I'ma go cry.
lol, Skyward Tearbear, right?

I was gonna mention playing him in my last post, but refrained.
He used Donkey Kong and some other characters. I did very well against him, except for the fact that he would kill me whenever he got to last stock, high % without fail.
He also didn't use MK.

Man it's so frustrating when DK cargo spikes you on wifi, where you have almost no hope of teching it :| (i was using fox at the time)

I was also frustrated he beat me using Mario and Sonic, because those characters suck and I have hours and hours of practice against them, since the only people I've gotten to practice with consistently offline play those characters, and I'm confident I can beat the vast majority of those players. I blame wifi ;_;
It was fun playing him though. (except he didn't talk and would wait out the entire character select part between each match, not sure what was up with that)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
He played GW, and Yoshi against me. I beat his Yoshi, but lost to his GW on Brinstar, his CP, and FD, my CP; he banned RC.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Jolteon dabess.
I'm a bit torn, Vaporeon was a complete baller in my FR/LG days, but Jolteon always has a special place in my heart.

N64 Kirby doing horrible things to Melee Kirby followed by a .gif
Oh God lol. The best part of that is that after getting frustrated when he loses to my brawl Kirby and switching games, my friend (the same as in every story, mind you) still calls Kirby cheap.

We were playing Melee. He used Fox. I kid you not.

And I need to stop looking at this thread, I want my Brawl disk more each time I see it. Supposedly since so few people play wifi, the latency isn't as bad as in the good ol' days (where "Frames per second" became "seconds per frame").

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Namedroppinglikeabau5:

Ill matic.: Jowii
Ill matic.: do you have aim
JoWii: Nope :/
Ill matic.: welp
JoWii: ?
Ill matic.: we should play more often
JoWii: We should~
Ill matic.: they are always fun and the connection is good
JoWii: Agree.

****yea.jpeg

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I freakin' love Xenoblade, mang. Best Wii game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

[yt]L-rrGhX80AQ[/yt]

This song, and the night version, are amazing. Holy crap.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
I'm considering Xenoblade, but since I still have to finish

Assassin's creed (original)
The World Ends With You (max level ALL the pins!)
Paper Mario
Monster Hunter 3 (re-bought and made a new character, finished offline with full Qurupeco and Agnaktor armor, all lances upgraded as far as I can in offline, HR 7 now)
and possibly replaying Kingdom Hearts because why not?

As for music, a menu screen theme so good, I actually sit there not playing for the sake of hearing it (from TWEWY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9-vEspL-k

If I had a cell phone, I would definitely have that as the ringtone. Then again, after playing this, finding a cell phone in my pocket would creep me the fudge out.

The whole "lyrical music in video games" thing seemed off at first, but it's beginning to grow on me. "Someday" is still a really appropriate boss theme. The guitar solo part at 2:00 just feels so very right during a fight.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YyNSVUqEao&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received lol kewkky (comments)

Kmatt, I've never played TWEWY. I heard it's good. I also might have heard that it's for the DS, which I happen to have.
That song was ok but didn't seem amazingly godlike to me o_o

uhhhh

I remember back in the day when I would think about "if I could change ONE AND ONLY ONE aspect of every character in Brawl to make it as balanced as possible, what would I change?"

I remember that the one thing I would change about Kirby is I would give him a little bit faster horizontal air movement. That single change would make him significantly better.

What do you guys think?

I don't even know how you could make 1 change to MK to make him not broken, or make 1 change to Ganondorf to make him not suck.

edit: http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=74352

time for WIFI LADDER LOL XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
To make Kirby better, I'd make it so that you need to hold up+B to make his upB go the whole animation. Releasing up+b would make Kirby cancel his animation and shoot his cutter projectile (with the cooldown and everything to not make it broken, as if he just landed when you release up+B, and give him an aerial upB projectile animation). When his upB finishes in the air he'd enter a freefall. Freefall landing from a certain distance and higher would give Kirby a small amount of landing lag, but landing from a freefall lower than that would autocancel his landing (he still gets the cooldown).

To make Ganon not suck, I'd probably make his horizontal aerial speed faster, or change his utilt to one that can kill off the top of the screen and is disjointed, could possibly involve using his sword (thinking of Peach's and Marth's usmash).

To make MK not broken, I'd make his sword's hilt and about half the blade a jointed hitbox. If necessary, I'd make the sword entirely a jointed hitbox, since his attacks' hitboxes still covers it anyway.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YyNSVUqEao&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received lol kewkky (comments)

Kmatt, I've never played TWEWY. I heard it's good. I also might have heard that it's for the DS, which I happen to have.
That song was ok but didn't seem amazingly godlike to me o_o
It definitely is something you should play if you get the chance. The music is all very different from any other game I've played, but once you play for a bit, it starts to grow on you. I wouldn't call it "godlike" either, but once you hear it enough, it gets pretty catchy. I think in terms of video games, the music has to grow on you. Sort of how I get one of those "a moment of silence, please..." feelings when I hear the Monster hunter theme (tri or original), and especially the orchestrated Kingdom Hearts theme. The original, not the weird new one. Never caught on with me. Kewkky's track didn't seem special at all to me, but if I were to play through Xenoblade, I bet it would have a lot more significance.

There are a few songs in TWEWY that I'm not totally a fan of, but that's probably because I never acquired a taste for hip-hop or rap, which a lot of the music has influence from, some less than others. The point of the lyrical music I suppose, is because the protagonist wears headphones, not so much as "it's a JRPG, so everyone needs headgear", I think it's part of his anti-social attitude towards other people, and he uses the music to drown people out.

Overall, it has an interesting story, probably at least one character you like by the end (or however far I am, though I think it was near the end), and the gameplay is really original. It seems kind of silly at first, but once you start to find more pins, it gets to be a lot of fun.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Pfft tater, you're either too old for my track, or too young for my track. :troll:

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
TWEWY is one of my all-time favorite games. Story is brilliant, IMO. Your screen takes a lot when you play it on the higher difficulties. LOL.

If I were to change one thing about Kirby, it would definitely be his aerial speed. If I were to change one thing about MK, I would get rid of Shuttle Loop's hit-boxes and make it so it only causes him to start gliding.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
play wifi ladder against a Zelda with a good record

win first game fairly easily and satisfyingly

counterpicked to castle siege, i forgot that stage exists
lose
ps1
lose

wifi is gay

edit: and then lost to a mediocre pit that got almost every kill with rolldodge->fsmash even though i KNEW he was going to try to kill me with rolldodge fsmash >=( oh well, it's all in fun and stuff

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
TWEWY is one of my all-time favorite games. Story is brilliant, IMO. Your screen takes a lot when you play it on the higher difficulties. LOL.
Oh yeah, I can see so many scratches from leveling a JotM shockwave pin. I bought it at "M".
I leveled it to "E".

"Looks like this pin will not evolve"

As for the AiB ladder, I used to get so much crap when I won over the stages I picked, usually Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, and on rare occasion Rainbow cruise.

Oh I'm sorry, I was unaware that this entire ladder consists of Snake players. How about we just do Final Destination every game? Would that make you feel better?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I remember that the one thing I would change about Kirby is I would give him a little bit faster horizontal air movement. That single change would make him significantly better.
I don't even know how you could make 1 change to MK to make him not broken, or make 1 change to Ganondorf to make him not suck.
Kirby: Make his feet intangible at all times.
MK: Make his Mach Tornado only usable after he gets a Final Smash Ball.
Ganondorf: Knockback Resistance on all his Special attacks until after the hitboxes are gone. (this is probably not enough, but it would at least give him a chance at both getting hits on opponents as well as improving his recovery\ganoncide options).

Edit:
Lol, I just realized that you can 'fix' Kirby and Meta Knight at the same time, just switch their N-Special with each other. Kirby gets a broken Tornado and Meta Knight gets Inhale.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
just played one of the top olimars on the ladder.. got beaten pretty badly first game, then i did some nice gimping and stuff second game so he had 1 stock and i had 3.... still managed to lose. i got him to high % but just couldn't get through the walls. he made it so he had all blues/purples and if i tried to get close, i'd get grabbed (of course that's what killed me, must be nice having the best grab in the game as well as the best killing throws) and if i tried to stay a short distance away the purples would knock me away x_x

i don't know how to get better if all i have is crappy wifi.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Chu/Y.b.M are def still top 2. I'd say Falln is just below them. Chu was at Apex, automatic. LOL.

Wi-Fi is good for trolling with Jigglypuff, IMO. :colorful:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316137

thread i found, maybe it will help me vs olimar :D
wish i had a human partner to practice with, to see what moves beat his upsmash/etc.

also i'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere, but what's the FASTEST way to mash out of grabs? I've never been very good at that.

And... honestly Olimar isn't THAT hard to beat, I guess. You just have to be really careful and smart. With Kirby, you want to try to force him to the edge, and then pressure him so that no matter what he tries to do to get back to the middle of the stage, he'll get hit by your Bair, and then gimping him usually isn't that hard. You can gimp him in so many ways, i gimped an olimar yesterday by inhaling him offstage and spitting him out so far away he had absolutely no hope of recovering.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
@Tiersie-INORITE? I can't get it out of my head, and thinking about it, I'm not sure if I want to.

As for Olimar, I'd like to know which is preferred, a ground or air battle. My confusion arises that because Oli's grabs are so good, Kirby can't really get in range to land good hits, and if they shield against you at high %, it's gg.

Offstage, I can gimp an Olimar easily, but the range of the aerials is deceptively large, and anything other than Bair spamming seems to get out-prioritized. Granted, that Bair spam is a legitimate (although rage-inducing) Kirby strat, I can't help feeling that there's a dynamic I've overlooked in the past. I don't play vs. Olimar a lot, so I'd like to hear a more experienced player's take on it.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Fastest way to mash out of a grab?
You should find your answer here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315154

I've been trying that out for a few months. I can't get it down. =\
I found that the previous way I used to do it was quick and consistent.

As far as Olimar goes... If you're going to kill off the pikmin just be careful to not leave yourself open due to hitlag and not stale your F-smash in the process. Purple's are harder to KO than you think... And you might just end up killing all the other pikmin and end up giving Oly an army of purples... -.-

If there is one thing I learned about Olimar is to launch him up and NEVER let him land. Always punish his landings with a grab, plop him back up, juggle (just try not to let him whistle through you if you choose to go for a juggle) rinse and repeat. Just be aware of his mix ups in an attempt to land; b-reversals and the such.
:phone:

Top Bottom