• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I find that using the d-tilt to lock on a wall to be a pretty interesting substitute. I'm not sure which is better in terms of time to damage output, though.

:phone:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Played PatG; he's good.

His ZSS baffled me completely. He wants to play more though, so I'm going to get some MU exp on it soon enough.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
You can SDI up out of Vulcan Jab. LOL. It's been done to me several times on the rock transformation.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Thank you for the tip, kappy.

I'm about to prepare myself for my first ever tournament since I've failed on registering the last time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=74352
my record is so much worse than i really am ;_;
has there ever been a Kirby that did REALLY well on ladder? And I'm not talking about "Kirby/MK" where he actually uses 80% MK, but someone that uses mostly Kirby?
I use Kirby/Fox, mostly Kirby because any amount of lag makes Fox susceptible to SDs.

Anyway, I played a Pit that was good but I SWEAR I took like 70% each stock just from arrow spam. There is literally NOTHING you can do about it on wifi. And sadly whenever I got his power to try to camp back, I would end up losing it in 1-2 hits, or just have it reflected back by Pit's multiple reflectors :(

Then I played Akashi's Snake, who was good and has lots of Kirby exp, and I remember why Snake always terrifies me. Hard to kill him, easy to die. He says it's 60:40, and I think the Kirby:Snake matchup still reflects that, but yeah I pretty much agree, it's not easy.

I was playing really well tonight, with minimal lag. It was satisfying, even if I keep freaking losing.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Akashi has yet to beat me in and out of tourney matches. I keep knocking him out of brackets every IL tourney I go to. :troll:

He's a good player and an awesome guy though, don't get me wrong. I just know Snake well enough to be able to breeze through the MU, unless my opponent knows the Kirby MU as well as I know the Snake MU or he's really really good. He's also used Marth on me, but like people say: Marth is top tier if you're a top player.

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
Me and Triple R have been high ranked in ladder multiple times before and even dittoed a lot. lol

Currently I'm 11th in ladder, but I don't feel like doing ladder much since it's honestly frustrating at times.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I played Akashi's snake and Marth too~

I solidly beat his Marth, because I wreck that MU, but his Snake would beat my Kirby. In my defense, that day my Kirby was subpar. My TL would get close to beating his Snake, but TL dies too fast. If I really wanna beat a Snake I play Fox, but I never play Fox on wi-fi - it's too easy for him to **** up and die.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Me and Triple R have been high ranked in ladder multiple times before and even dittoed a lot. lol

Currently I'm 11th in ladder, but I don't feel like doing ladder much since it's honestly frustrating at times.
Do you use mostly Kirby? How the hell do you win on wifi?

When I was playing that ultra campy Pit, I had to resort to ******** stuff I never do offline, such as random Fsmash spam, and it worked. Otherwise, I usually find myself unable to kill on wifi ;_; Bair gets stale if you have to play desperately.

Speaking of desperate stuff, I was playing a Snake on Brinstar (my pick yeahhh!) and was winning most of the game, but during the last stock he got me up to high % and I was like "it's do or die time" because I knew I wouldn't last much longer against a snake on wifi with high % on brinstar.
So I predicted his next landing and REVERSE GROUNDED HAMMER KILL >:D

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Have you ever thought that some people get better on wifi?

Btw, did anyone played worldwide? It doesn't seem to be working for me. Could it be that the servers are down?

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
Do you use mostly Kirby? How the hell do you win on wifi?

When I was playing that ultra campy Pit, I had to resort to ******** stuff I never do offline, such as random Fsmash spam, and it worked. Otherwise, I usually find myself unable to kill on wifi ;_; Bair gets stale if you have to play desperately.

Speaking of desperate stuff, I was playing a Snake on Brinstar (my pick yeahhh!) and was winning most of the game, but during the last stock he got me up to high % and I was like "it's do or die time" because I knew I wouldn't last much longer against a snake on wifi with high % on brinstar.
So I predicted his next landing and REVERSE GROUNDED HAMMER KILL >:D
Yeah, I only use Kirby unless it's a character specific matchup. I use Snake for G&W, TL for ICs, and G&W for MK. But otherwise it's full on Kirby.

As for Pit...I 2-0'd Krystedez's Pit with Kirby, all I remember doing was moving faster than him. He said the lag prevented him from keeping up, so I guess that's it. Wifi just improves your reaction time by a lot, and it buffers moves more easily. Offline, things are different, and it's hard to get frustrated like you do online. xD

Btw, everyone gets worse on wifi. Some people seem to perform better because other players play worse on it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
mm. I'm really good at powershielding stuff offline.

How do you guys feel about the Kirby:peach matchup? I don't think it's too bad, but Peach utterly destroys Kirby when he's on the ground. All he can hope to do is get an occasional grab. Other than that, it's really hard to land Fsmash and stuff regardless of if she's on the ground or in the air. In air vs air, you HAVE to outspace her, because most of her moves comes out fast with high priority, or slow with high range and priority (Fair)
I just played dark peach on wifi and lost a really close 2-1 set (except for game one where I lost badly) but it felt like an uphill battle the whole time, unless I got lucky and got a lead.
Killing was really hard though. Bair was impossible to keep fresh, and Fsmash was really hard to land.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I find that an upsmash or upward Ftilt works wonders when you're fighting the ground style where Peach levitates just high enough to do aerials, but not enough to be vulnerable to be hit by aerials, save for a SH-bair. Ftilt in general works well because of it's range and speed, though the cooldown can make it ineffective to use repeatedly and it can get stale fast.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'm pretty sure you've went ZSS every time you've played Akashi in bracket, Kewkky. I was watching those matches! :troll: But seriously, I thought you knocked him out with ZSS instead of Kirby. LOL.

Wi-fi does help players get better, but it's only fundamentals and little MU things. A lot of things that require precision and reaction aren't very reliable on wi-fi because your timing gets thrown off, so things become safer (such as rolling and spot-dodging all the time). And learning wi-fi timing usually regresses your offline timing. LOL.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've played against Akashi with Kirby in brackets, I remember. I also specifically remember playing my first matches ever against him in friendlies, him using Marth first and me Kirby, and I won. Then he switched to Snake and hogged the TV two rounds, and I won both anyway. :troll:

It also happened to me a week or two ago on base playing Melee with a very nice player, man those moments are why I love Smash.

But yeah, I've used ZSS to mix things up and keep her warmed up. I double main both of em, if I suck with one of them and I'm against a character that's better for the one I've been using all day, I'm ****ed! Last tourney that I went to (which was also my second, sad for me), I went mostly ZSS instead of Kirby the entire tourney and used Kirby as a backup, so maybe you remember that one? Cuz my first tourney I went majority Kirby and only instance I remember using ZSS is against Arty's ICs in pools (which I won but then people say his ICs suck so I'm like :c) and maybe a match or two in brackets.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@AsIDoh- Peach and Kirby is stupid. I'd say it's almost completely even, but perhaps a smidgen in Peach's favor. You have to BAir an insane amount, and the object is to get the lead, and camp. You have to force Peach to approach, and beat her approach to widen the gap between you until eventually you can land a smash when you know it'll kill. If she gets the lead, it just as hard to regain the lead, and you've pretty much lost.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
What do you guys think about the Kirby/DDD MU?? I agree that its even, but considering that ive played the MU alot recently, I'd say it's slightly in Kirby's favor, SLIGHTLY though. but this is just my opinion.

I was just wondering if i could get more info on the match-up.

And has anyone else tried spacing with F-airs and Up-bs?? I just like to mix things up.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
The MU is probably in favor of whoever knows the MU better. At some point, it's more in DDD's favor though because he can live longer.

Seriously, Kirby is light, and DDD is heavy. It's in favor of whoever is the better player, and knows the MU better. After that, they both do things well and it seems really even, but DDD lives longer.

And...spacing with Up-Bs? No. Just no.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Dang, that sucks JoWii. It's okay, hopefully we can try again some other time. :(

I'll see what I can do in regards to a ride for me and blackwaltz in Illinois then.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Using a lot of F-airs against Dedede isn't really a good idea. Consider that the Dedede player is good and knows how to punish Meta Knight's F-air and then consider how much easier it is to punish Kirby's F-air.

Both Kirby and Meta Knight have to touch the ground after a Short Hopped F-air so Dedede should be well-versed in punishing with a grab or at the least a F-tilt. Meta Knight is pretty safe with a Full Jump Fair spaced well against Dedede, but since Kirby doesn't have an intangible disjoint this means Dedede can U-tilt his toes if you use F-air with a Full Jump. :\

Overall the match-up is even... though I swear it's in Kirby's favor if you get the Dedede hat XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Wait what? Who simply SHFAir's @ D3? Why aren't you talking about retreat RARBAir?

@Kewkky, if you could manage something in March, I'm sure I could go.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Having Dedede's Hat is alright. I've had Dedede mains tell me that Kirby's swallow beats theirs. Although , I haven't really tested that theory out. Having that range is pretty cool, though. Just... Just don't try to "kirbycide" with Dedede's swallow... Just don't...

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi there, guys. Just found it interesting and I thought I might as well let you know, the other day I bumped in to a guy. His last name is Kirby, and indeed, in brawl, he mains Kirby. ^^

Anyway, come say hi to the lucas boards if you're up for it at any point, would be nice to get it a bit more revitalized. :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*notices valentine forever alone thread title*
*wonders if you guys would like or hate katawa shoujo at this time of year*
*decides not to mention it*

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*googles it*

*pokerface.jpg*

These dating sim games man, they're running out of ideas.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol. i was dumb and browsed /v/, and they constantly had KS general threads. i eventually tried it out of curiousity, and honestly it's
touching.
it has... adult situations, which you can actually disable o_o

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I was about to run a search for it, but after seeing Kewk's post, I've decided against it.

On a related note, back in middle school, there was a thing you could do where you send someone a little chocolate heart lollipop gram with an unnamed note attached. In 7th grade I was actually sent one, with the handwriting of 3 different people on it. Everyone was convinced that I was the epitome of forever alone, and sent it to myself. Makes me wonder whether or not it was supposed to be a prank, or if I had a mysterious trio of admirers.

But dating sims. I think I'm going to succumb to curiosity and play one of those, and that moment at the counter where you take one of the biggest steps in loneliness and publicly announce to the cashier and everyone in the store that you would like a virtual anime girlfriend will come, and I will need the single most stoic poker face in the history of sentient kind.

So do you guys have any recommendations?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I will never play a dating sim game. I won't deny it, I'm prejudiced. I'd feel embarrassed about myself like crazy if I bought one and popped it into whatever system I bought it for. Even downloaded would give me large amounts of embarrassment!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
teehee. katawa shoujo is free, you just google it, go right to the website and download it there.
i'm not entirely sure who made it. i got the impressions part of it was fan made, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

i never thought i would play one, but like i said, curiosity got the better of me... and then i made this http://i.imgur.com/pQnMa.png

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Valentines day.............

And the sad thing is.......... i have never........ ever..... EVER had a girlfriend my entire life so far, or have even come close :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've had a couple casual girlfriends, but I seem to lose interest and then break up with them, or one time a mutual breakup. Breaking up with people sucks :|
I've also had girls like me and I've turned them down, and now years later I'm regretting it.
And anytime *I* was interested in a girl rather than her being interested in me, and I mean REALLY interested, it's ended in me getting turned down and heartbroken.

Top Bottom