• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was kind of dating when I was 7. Me and this girl liked each other, we went out to some movies, and to each other's houses. Then suddenly, in the following year, it was as if we had never met. She just ignored me, for a very long time...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That is sad. How did she even get in the show? To think someone more competent lost his chance to be in the show, to her... :/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yet another reason why MikeKirby's formula seems legit. *looks at kmatt's post*

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's a minimum age, Twinkie. You could date 20 year old *****es if you wanted to.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah math is the reason I'm an artist not a programer.
I wanna be a video game designer.

If that doesn't work out, I'll be an artist, a DJ, and some guy that likes to make web comics and mangas. I don't know how to draw though.
I don't want to date 17 year old *****es though!!!!

is 20

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I wanna be a video game designer.
As awesome as that seems, it's actually a very un-fun profession.

For starters, shovelware. You know all those insignificant, unoriginal games that nobody knows exist and end up rotting in the bargain bin? Those lame movie adaptations and educational games? 90% of the Wii's title line that revolves completely around waggle?
That's what happens to game devs fresh out of college. Someone has to make all the shovelware in the industry, and it's not going to be a respectable studio. It's going to be you.

But maybe you'll get lucky. Maybe you land that dream job with Bungie or HAL or Game Freak. And all those games you used to love, you're now making. Awesome, right?

Not really. After all the long hours, late nights, harsh criticism, and all the actual work that goes into making that Halo or Smash Bros., it ruins any fun you might have with it.

I could go on, but I'm starting to sound too cynical already.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was going to check out HAL and etc. But now you've reminded me that jobs are always dramatical. Almost every career has one.

Bah hum job.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
HAL is based in Japan. You HAVE to learn Japanese if you even want to think about working for them.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That's what I'm intending to do, lol. I wanted to stay over there.
That's where all the good games and creations are at. ^^

Sarix

Smash Ace
As awesome as that seems, it's actually a very un-fun profession.
Not really. After all the long hours, late nights, harsh criticism, and all the actual work that goes into making that Halo or Smash Bros., it ruins any fun you might have with it.

I could go on, but I'm starting to sound too cynical already.
Being in my second year of game design I wouldn't say it is as un-fun as it is a workaholic major where you should constantly be proactive and improving your work. Even as I am writing this I'm working on a business card for GDC to sell my self like a streetwalker on Hollywood Boulevard.

One thing I have to say is do NOT go into character design/art, that profession is saturated with enough people and has no demand. Currently environment and particle artists are in HUGE demand.

Honestly if you can take lots of criticism, have a drive to work hard, and you're good at teaching yourself new things go ahead and go for it. Just be aware you will most likely start off at a small company and will constantly shift between companies possibly moving up every 5 years or so.

There's some optimism for those interested, now I have to finish modeling a water lily for my business card.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sports? Pfffft. I don't care about them, and they don't care about me.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Football bores the **** out of me so I'm watching a soccer game instead. Afterwards I'll probably meet up with a friend at the beach or something. It's a 72 degree day where I live so it would be a waste not to venture outside for a little bit.

Also, I'm pretty sure the vids are posted are going to be rated as the best commercials of the Super Bowl, lmao.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I can't watch live sports without falling asleep. It's a bunch of people either bashing their heads together or shuffling a ball around in a repetitive manner for FOUR HOURS. My dad can't understand why I'm not interested. Maybe I'm just weird like that?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nope, didn't go through. Goes to some random advertising page in Youtube. In mobile form.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hopefully the link goes through.
url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpEcPe-PJ4CE&v=pEcPe-PJ4CE&gl=US[/url]

Check it out!! Gotta try this glitch!

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pEcPe-PJ4CE
>.< how bout this?
:phone:
Holy crap man. They should edit out all of the Special Brawl modes and replace them with other things, like this one for example. D:

This would bring the lols to any late night smashfest and/or tourney.

EDIT: Also, reminds me of this.

MoGi*

Smash Cadet
My English is not really very good because I only class in the 7 am.
That's why I do not understand most. (I'm from Germany)
Can I list for? Yes or No?
If so then I just send my picture :)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I think he's refering to the Kirby Krew in the OP.

Boxing is dreadful. MMA is just infinitely more brutal, and realistic.

YES MOGI, YOU TOO CAN BE IN THE KIRBY KREW.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Man, the topic's all over the floor here. From love and dating ages, to wanting to be in the OP. What?

Top Bottom