• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I wasn't being serious, but that katawa shoujo thing, is that the one with all handicapped people?

Now I'm actually tempted to play it simply for the "What the fudge is this" factor.

As for love...I really can't say much. Guess I've not had any real experience. Not even sure how it feels.

So I ask you...

WHAT IS LOVE?

McNinja

Smash Ace
Oh and don't worry, Shadocat. Relationships are more trouble than they are worth. You aren't missing anything good. I learned that the hard way. Now, I get to spend VDay with the girl of my dreams.... Samus. So much better than other girls.

:phone:

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
Dating sims are kind of different from visual novels. Katawa Shoujo I think would be classified as a visual novel with different "routes" or "paths" of girls to choose from. I'm not playing the game because I really don't have too much a thing for crippled girls tbh. xD I hear it's good though.

Anyways, being a freshman in high school I'm forever alone. D: Eventually I'll get in to a relationship and see how it goes. I'm not trying to be confident but I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone at some point in time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dating sims are kind of different from visual novels. Katawa Shoujo I think would be classified as a visual novel with different "routes" or "paths" of girls to choose from. I'm not playing the game because I really don't have too much a thing for crippled girls tbh. xD I hear it's good though.
I guess that makes sense. It's my first VN and I've never played a dating sim, lol.

It seriously is good. I never thought I would see myself saying that.
I wasn't being serious, but that katawa shoujo thing, is that the one with all handicapped people?

Now I'm actually tempted to play it simply for the "What the fudge is this" factor.
Yeah. It's amazing how it makes you see differently though.

I don't really know how to explain it. It had an astonishingly deep impact on me. I was expecting it to be some stupid hentai thing, but it's like 99% emotional. I would seriously recommend it, but be prepared to feel emotions.

I saw some picture on /v/ that summed up some guy's experience with it, he was expecting it to be something dumb and then ended up liking it. It was funny, if I see it again I'll save it (and censor out the bad words) and link it here.

edit: in the meantime, fanstastic, deep videos for you guys.
http://youtu.be/rulElJITIVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXQL_pJc2I&feature=related

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've only had 2 relationships. Both were pretty broken. One didn't go far at all, one went too far too quick. I liked both girls, and the experience was nice for future reference. But Asdioh is right! Relationships are much more trouble than they're worth. I would love another girlfriend, but then I think about it ad I stop myself from crushing on some other girl by remembering all the feelings, bad grades due to daydreaming too much, and irrationalities that go with it.

Oh and don't worry, Shadocat. Relationships are more trouble than they are worth. You aren't missing anything good. I learned that the hard way. Now, I get to spend VDay with the girl of my dreams.... Samus. So much better than other girls.

This guy. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE. Thumbs up man. You tickled my pickle with that comment right there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
related note, i'm 22, this 19 year old girl is going to college here and recently transferred to the store i work, since she worked at one in her nearby hometown. it's only like the second day i've worked with her. she's a redhead, short and chubby, but cute. i figure "I'll ask for her number" because, even though I'm not looking for a relationship right now (I'll be moving to CT whenever my family sells our house, which is taking forever in this economy) what's the worst that could happen, right?
So literally right as I'm about to ask for her number, she mentions her boyfriend back home. I'm like, :rolleyes: For some reason, I expected her to be single, though I should know by now that they never are.
I'm like 90% certain she's not my type, but it's been so long since I've even given any effort into doing anything AT ALL with a girl that I thought it was time to at least try.

Also her boyfriend is 26. ಠ_ಠ

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey man, love goes beyond age. /sarcasm

>implying "love" isn't a sensation created by a mixture of chemicals produced by your body. Without those chemicals, that impression of "love" would disappear and then whatever's left I could actually call the real deal. Too many people use that sensation as the proof.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
You guys are all ********, and fail at love.

I'm married and happy.

Y'all need to man up and get better at handling *****es.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Ive been rejected twice. The first one was in high school. It wasnt so bad, i got over it really quickly.

Now the second one however............

This happened almost a year ago, back in my second year of college. I had this crush on this one girl. She's like 19 right now, and was cute, rather chubby, awesome, and fun to hang out with. Well one day when i went out to eat with my friends, i got a text from the same girl. She pretty much figured out i liked her. Sadly she didnt like me back. So i was fine after reading thinking to myself "Okay".

Later on that day, i realized how that WAS NOT okay, and i felt like complete **** the next day, almost to the point where i nearly cried.

This feeling lasted for quite a while. It was even worse because i avoided her for an entire week. Avoid as in, Whenever she walked in the student lounge at college when i was in there, I would seriously leave. And whenever I walked past her, I would pretend she wasnt even there. I eventually got over it, and we never really talked about this situation ever...

And were still pretty good friends btw.....

But Now shes dating this 28 year old guy at VTech.......

So anyways, thats my story.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
You tickled my pickle
I like trains.

Also her boyfriend is 26. ಠ_ಠ
A good rule to remember on whether or not she's old enough is to divide your age by 7 and add 2.

NO, I WILL NOT TAKE A SEAT

I'm married and happy.
See here

So anyways, thats my story.

But if we're having a forever-alone-off, I have 24 whole facebook friends. Counting my family.

KMATT ME BRO

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I will never play a dating sim game. I won't deny it, I'm prejudiced. I'd feel embarrassed about myself like crazy if I bought one and popped it into whatever system I bought it for. Even downloaded would give me large amounts of embarrassment!
Why don't you just watch School Days. It's an anime based on a really ****ed up dating sim. Tea Society of a Witch is cool too.

Also, some of you need to be more assertive with the women folk. Like, hella assertive.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
There's an equation about how low an age you're allowed to date, well so I heard... Ah-hem anyway it goes like this;
(X/2)+7
X=Your age.

Iunno who came up with this...

Edit: Dubbed the "half plus seven" rule. Via google search~

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well then, let's see here....

I came up with 15.5. So, that means I'm allowed to date someone who's 15 and a half.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's a formula for how low an age you're allowed to date right?

A 10-year old kid would be able to date a 12-year old girl AT LEAST. Since it doesn't have a max, it could probably end up being the 10-year old and an old lady.
or a certain old bear

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You'd be interested actually, hopefully, probably.

The Ngaanyatjarra peoples have certain kinship groups which are only allowed to date certain other kinship groups. There are 6 groups in total, if my memory serves me. But these kinship groups relate everyone to each other. You might not be blood related to someone else, but through this system you could be their uncle, brother, sister, grandmother, etc.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
This thread is winning on so many levels. Kmatt is my new best friend! LOL.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Asdfghjkl

---

Sup, mogi. Come on in and join the kirbyism.
Also, I should've joined when I was 13. I would've joined in 2007.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I have a question for you guys, this has been bothering me for a while.

Whenever I play certain games on my xbox (Dragon age (origins or 2), Assassin's creed (any), or most any single-player game), the console itself is very noisy. One of the notable features of the black "slim" model is that it is very quiet compared to the older version my friend has. However, when I put certain discs in, the fans and disk spinning are so loud, I often have to turn the volume up. It sounds like a very low buzz, like a vacuum cleaner behind a closed door. It doesn't seem to have any impact on the disc itself or the game, but it is so very aggravating. As soon as I eject the disk or return to the dashboard menu, it quiets down and reverts to its normal functions. Multiplayer-focused games, like Halo or Battlefield don't give this problem at all, so I feel it must be software-specific. Does anyone have any info on this?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, I can't help you there Kmatt, my Xbox 360 died a long time ago, due to red light disease (also known as the red rings of death). In any case, back in those days (I feel so old now :( ) it wasn't fixable, so we had to throw it out.

Also, does mogi then have to date someone older than him? O.O

I'm all set, I get to date someone my age :D

I also don't know why I'm still posting around here, but I guess I'll drop in every so often. You guys should say Hi to the Lucas boards, especially now, no one is posting there atm :(

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Anyways, being a freshman in high school I'm forever alone. D: Eventually I'll get in to a relationship and see how it goes. I'm not trying to be confident but I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone at some point in time.
That is how they say it goes. Also, I just got mad nostalgia from how I used to be a youngun on the boards at like 12...and now I'm 15 and somehow older than more than a few people.

That's a formula for how low an age you're allowed to date right?

A 10-year old kid would be able to date a 12-year old girl AT LEAST. Since it doesn't have a max, it could probably end up being the 10-year old and an old lady.
or a certain old bear
learn2math, my friend. There's no maximum age of people you can date, but there is a maximum of who can date you. So at 10, you can date 12+ but can only be dated by people 5- (also known as empty set; forever alone). It's an okay metric for when you're young. I know I'll have fun when I'm 100...:awesome:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
learn2math, my friend. There's no maximum age of people you can date, but there is a maximum of who can date you. So at 10, you can date 12+ but can only be dated by people 5- (also known as empty set; forever alone). It's an okay metric for when you're young. I know I'll have fun when I'm 100...:awesome:
What?
There's an equation about how low an age you're allowed to date, well so I heard... Ah-hem anyway it goes like this;
(X/2)+7
X=Your age.

Iunno who came up with this...

Edit: Dubbed the "half plus seven" rule. Via google search~
(X/2)+7 = How low an age you're allowed to date

I'm 10 years old.

(10/2)+7 = How low an age you're allowed to date

(5)+7 = How low an age you're allowed to date

5+7 = How low an age you're allowed to date

12 = How low an age you're allowed to date

How low an age you're allowed to date means that you're allowed to date someone whose age is greater than or equal to the answer.

You're allowed to date someone whose age is greater than or equal to 12.

That's the whole equation, Mr. A1loin836, of the maximum age "you're" allowed to date. "You're", as in, the equation exists only for you. The same equation for another person entering this scenario at this point would not make sense. The person who would be able to date you would never be able to date you due to your minimum dating age, therefore, would not be considered "dating".

However, if a 12-year old would do this equation...

(X/2)+7
(12/2)+7
(6)+7
6+7

It would show that the 10-year old would not be able to date the 13-year old, either! You and me are both wrong, or the formula itself is wrong.

Thus, a fix to the formula must be implemented:

(X/2)+7 , Where the formula is only true if X is more than or equal to 14. Therefore, the minimum dating age is X ≥ 14.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Assuming MikeKirby's formula is true and infallible, if you're below 14 and dating, you are doing it wrong.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Assuming MikeKirby's formula is true and infallible, if you're below 14 and dating, you are doing it wrong.
I was kind of dating when I was 7. Me and this girl liked each other, we went out to some movies, and to each other's houses. Then suddenly, in the following year, it was as if we had never met. She just ignored me, for a very long time...

Top Bottom