• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
wow dead thread o_o

nobody's talking about the AMAZING GAME FOOTAGE from nintendo's E3, which included TWO new Kirby games?

and note the sarcasm... they showed some cool stuff, and announced some cool stuff (new smash, two new kirby games) but didn't even show screenshots or anything from them :/

yeah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Kirby Wii's 4player Co-Op looks unbeatable, Kirby partner up with Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Waddle Dee is just too great. And I'm glad to see some of the Kirby Dreamland enemies returning as well as the first sight of Water Kirby not in the anime, (though not as cool as he looked in the anime).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh wow, I did NOT ssee those two Kirby names on the screen. I was too busy being disappointed on Nintendo that I skipped that part... YES!

I hope one of them is a more amazing Kirby Air Ride! KGFKJAD love that game so much.

Also...... no metroid? :'(

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I loved the soundtrack for Kirby Air Ride!! Then again... all Kirby games have awesome soundtracks! :laugh:
That reminds me... what happened to the tunes 'round here? We some more of that!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was too busy being disappointed on Nintendo that I skipped that part...
Woah woah woah! Disappointed? Were we watching the same things?
Did you not see that the Wii U, which will cost over $250, will allow us to play casual games with ALL the Wii attachments and add-ons that no one used for more than like 1 game, if even that? Wait, that Zapper looks different! Maybe we'll even get to buy a new Zapper attachment for $39.99?!

Plus a smash game announced on a console with a controller that looks like a cross between an I-pad and an etch-a-sketch?! Perhaps they'll sell us a $19.99 cable to allow us to hook up GC controllers to the Wii U, or even sell us a whole new Wii U controller attachment with GC layout for the low low price of $29.99!

Perhaps the most amazing aspect however is it's incredible ability to let you draw and even color your images. If only we had something that allowed us to express ourselves creatively in the form of drawn images; some kind of blank flat substance we could mark with colored liquids like, hypothetically speaking, ink. Sorry, I'm going on a really crazy tangent there. I'm so glad the Wii U will finally allow the development of drawing as an art form.
As if that weren't enough, it allows you to make video calls OVER THE INTERNET! Ladies and gentlemen, we are officially living in the future.

Seriously though, that trailer video (For reference, here it is, though I doubt any of you hasn't seen it: http://youtu.be/4e3qaPg_keg ) might make a good commercial when they release it to capture the casual market, but why are you going to a gaming convention advertising things like that it can draw and play Reversi? The people watching don't give 2 ****s about that.

Also, does anyone else see this video as a Wii add-on commercial as much as a Wii U trailer? Just look at the thing at 1:53. That whole thing combined has to cost like $400-500 just to zap some Miis in windows?

I'm also laughing at the Wiifit board part. Stay in shape by standing on the board and looking at your controller!

On a side note, the group at 2:50 has apparently never seen a bird before in their life.

The Zelda game did look good though.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm glad fromundaman has a red name, he deserves it.

Hell, you check out the video while the Wii U trailer is going on, and no one says a thing 'til Ninja Gaiden 3 is shown, then everybody cheers and goes "YEAH!". You'd think Nintendo would hurry up and get a hint, but noooo. Oh well, PC/PS4/XBox 4D or whatever (props to whoever gets XBox 4D) will be what I will have in my apartment from what I can see so far... Not even the new Smash game will make me want to buy it, from what I've read about the Smash game (3DS <-> Wii U, play on both. Level up your character on the 3DS, upload it into your Wii U and play against your friends!).

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
OMG it's been so long since I've been here. LOL. Now that school's finally over, I can get back into Smash! :colorful:

BTW, I loved Nintendo's stuff because of the potential; hopefully they play their cards right! And the new Kirby game looks mad fun!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Since I'm pretty much posting the same general thing in multiple threads, I'm going to quote myself. I completely agree that it has a lot of potential, and seriously hope it turns out good, but...

As I said though, all those features are nice, and would be great in an actual commercial. However, E3 is a gaming convention, so that would be a place more suited for showcasing the gaming aspect of it, which they absolutely did not do.

Right now though, it looks neat, but had very little on the gaming aspect, other than the fact that it will run the games that other current gen consoles have been running for a while and/or will run.

So yes, an expensive gaming console with innovative controls unveiled at a gaming convention that shows off only little features and casual games instead of how it will affect actual gaming or exclusive games that will come for it does in fact disappoint me.
When the same thing happened with the Wii I thought it was going to be the coolest thing and thought of how it might revolutionize shooters, Star Wars games, and pretty much anything wherein you might get any sort of sword-like weapon, or hell anything in which motion controls would be useful. Instead motion controls were used mainly for casual gaming and quick time events, and the console got like 6 great exclusives in it's existence.

So yeah, I'm not really going to get too optimistic until they show me it's an actual gaming console. It may turn out amazing; I'm not saying the opposite, but it unveiled so little on the 'gaming' side that I am simply not impressed, and from what they did show it looks like another casual gaming platform, which would also explain the controller's somewhat awkward layout.

Also they did say it was going to be at the very least $250.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Dragon quest monsters 2 could also be pretty awesome. I loved Joker and I really need Nintendo to give me reasons to actually buy a 3ds.

Also I'm not so sure about hating the WiiU yet. Even though Nintendo has given us yet another awesomely bad name it does finally support HD and schtuff. Also Nintendo has a final oppotunity to convince me that they can actually properly do internet on a console this time.

The controller looks reaaaaly meh, I hope they also have a version that works like a Xbox controller. Not because that's the best, but because nintendo NEEDS 2 shoulder buttons to actually get somewhere with the depth of their fps's. Furthermore using a touchpad while having to focus on a tv, your other controls and a developing fight seems really hectic. I hope they don't try to implement this how they implemented touch screen in the DS, obligatory and obnoxious.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hi guys

once new kirby game comes out pretty sure I'll be back in here....or new smash...gotta stay true to my main son.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah, I'm n the military and I'm gonna be playing Kirby Wii on a projector errday until I 100% clear it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I hope they don't try to implement this how they implemented touch screen in the DS, obligatory and obnoxious.
Ehhh, it was very hit-or-miss to me. The touch screen worked really well for some games (The World Ends With You being the best example I can think of. Seriously, if you guys own a DS and have not played it, punch yourself in the mouth then proceed to obtain this game.), some ignored it completely or had it as optional/info screens (Advanced Wars, New Super Mario, Kirby games, Chrono Trigger, etc.), but there's few games I can think of that really tried to shoehorn it in. *shrug*

By the way, what's this talk about a new Kirby trailer?

EDIT:

Hell yeah, I'm n the military and I'm gonna be playing Kirby Wii on a projector errday until I 100% clear it.
So 3 hours?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So 3 hours?
It's not a GBA game, so it SHOULD be holding more space... I mean, KSSU took more than 3 hours to 100% complete from what I can remember, so did Kirby Air Ride, and so did Crystal Shards. A Wii disc holding more space (wishing it was Blu-Ray though) SHOULD make it better.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Soooo... maybe 6?

Regardless Kirby games have always had so much replay value for me it didn't matter. They're just plain fun!

Tiersie

Smash Ace
That looks more like a shoulder buttong and a button halfway down the shoulder blade to me.. :bee:

Also yes TWEWY is an awesome game; finished it twice. But the battle system was waaay to hectic for me, I couldn't concentrate on both the screens to save myh life so I had my support character on auto all the time :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Marines out of a wild guess?
Navy. if I was in the marines, I probably wouldn't have all the free time I have now... Which is a lot, and I love it! One 7-hour class on electronics, and then whatever I want until the next morning, plus weekends off to do anything I desire.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Damn son! You're working way less than me, getting college paid for if I remember correctly, and probably making way more money than I am.

...I'm jealous...

RATED

Smash Lord
on the E3 topic one page ago:

Nintendo should just create a new franchise( I mean not mario, samus, fox, link, etc) and do everything posible to be in the leagues with those.

they should make a Mario and Luigi RPG for 3DS or a final fantasy game that is not a remake for 3DS.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Haha I'm Navy as well. =) I saw your post on the tier thread about coming from boot camp. What rate did you get?
Oh, wow, nice! I'm an ET (Electronics Technician, for those who are wondering), but after I get some time in the rating and learn my job and life in the fleet, I'm gonna start applying for the space officer program. Gotta get lots of great reviews from my superiors, so I have a lot of work ahead of me! What about you, what's your rate?

EDIT: TOPO! What's up? How's the tournament scene back in PR? :/

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Oh, wow, nice! I'm an ET (Electronics Technician, for those who are wondering), but after I get some time in the rating and learn my job and life in the fleet, I'm gonna start applying for the space officer program. Gotta get lots of great reviews from my superiors, so I have a lot of work ahead of me! What about you, what's your rate?

EDIT: TOPO! What's up? How's the tournament scene back in PR? :/
I'm an AZ right now. (Aviation Maintenance Administrationman) Currently on shore duty. Well the way we work here it feels like sea duty. I'm at a Helo squadrons in Mayport Florida. They had tournaments back in PR? If they did I wish I would've known. I could've tried to join back when I had vacation. -___-

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm an AZ right now. (Aviation Maintenance Administrationman) Currently on shore duty. Well the way we work here it feels like sea duty. I'm at a Helo squadrons in Mayport Florida. They had tournaments back in PR? If they did I wish I would've known. I could've tried to join back when I had vacation. -___-
Yeah, there's a scene in PR, we've even traveled to USA on various occasions. Our tourneys have gone up to and past 64 players, but ever since brawl came out it's been on the decline. Started out very strong, then we had 8-man tourneys, then went back up to 30-40, and that's when I left for boot camp (which was awesome, comparing my boot camp experience with others' experiences, I feel lucky to have had my RDCs!).

So you're on your ~5th year right now? How's life been so far in the fleet? Better than you expected, worse, or...? I am very curious!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yeah, there's a scene in PR, we've even traveled to USA on various occasions. Our tourneys have gone up to and past 64 players, but ever since brawl came out it's been on the decline. Started out very strong, then we had 8-man tourneys, then went back up to 30-40, and that's when I left for boot camp (which was awesome, comparing my boot camp experience with others' experiences, I feel lucky to have had my RDCs!).

So you're on your ~5th year right now? How's life been so far in the fleet? Better than you expected, worse, or...? I am very curious!
I'm still haven't much difficulty joining any tournament. Even before joining the military and when I was back in San Diego. I never have time and they start on dates I never had free time. If they ever have another tournament back in PR next time I go and see family I will definitely enter.

Haha boot camp. I was the ghost in boot camp. I still laugh at how not one of my RDCs knew who I was. Heck my Chief had to ask my name and I still remember that good quote he said. XD "Since when were you in my division?"

As of right now I have 2 and a half years in the Navy. Unfortunately I didn't join right away since I was in college before hand. I will be leaving this command next March. Overall the command isn't bad, we just work long hours. My only gripe here is the weather. I'm not used to himidity in 90 degree days. They had me get Plane Captain so I'm the first AZ in my command to ever get it so I feel a little honored. =) The people here are awsome. We have funny and laid back staff. The officers are chill and we got a funny XO and CO.

:phone:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Army? Get out of here with that Rambo crap MK26. Navy's where the good life's at!

And it's very nice to see someone in SWF is also in the Navy, and still doing his best to be part of the Smash community. I never would've guessed you were a sailor! Pretty awesome if you ask me. Can't wait to hit my first ship and/or command and start working for great reviews!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lol MK26. XD

Likewise. I don't mention that anywhere since people have a problem with someone being in the military. The whole "Oh you'll have to go to war when you join bogus" mindset. It's always good to run into other sailors out there where ever. Your still in "A" School?

Top Bottom