• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol MK26. XD

Likewise. I don't mention that anywhere since people have a problem with someone being in the military. The whole "Oh you'll have to go to war when you join bogus" mindset. It's always good to run into other sailors out there where ever. Your still in "A" School?
Still in A school, yep. I'm gonna be here for like 1+ year, then go straight to C School for 3-6 months, depending on which C School I get (AECFs have C School straight after A school, and we also get automatically advanced to E-4 when we graduate A-School, as long as we've done the time, so we're officially rated).

duke nukem forever apparently sucks

i am so disappointed :(
*goes look for reviews*

EDIT: I am also sad. :( *looks for an appropriate avatar*

RATED

Smash Lord
Oh, wow, nice! I'm an ET (Electronics Technician, for those who are wondering), but after I get some time in the rating and learn my job and life in the fleet, I'm gonna start applying for the space officer program. Gotta get lots of great reviews from my superiors, so I have a lot of work ahead of me! What about you, what's your rate?

EDIT: TOPO! What's up? How's the tournament scene back in PR? :/
I am ET, you are not ET. *looks at my fingers*

----

The scene is good, we are having 1 or 2 tourneys each month and playing almost every week at home in Ponce.

PS: South is **** :p We been practicing together: Me, Sant, Yugi, Muni, Jenssen, Lmax is disappeared thanks to his job lol and I practice with Raikomaru every now and then when we get a functional wii.

Also if one of this days you are to be back here or I find you somewhere by chance... we will play even if we are like 35 years old by then.

Still in A school, yep. I'm gonna be here for like 1+ year, then go straight to C School for 3-6 months, depending on which C School I get (AECFs have C School straight after A school, and we also get automatically advanced to E-4 when we graduate A-School, as long as we've done the time, so we're officially rated).
I am Rated, not you.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

*goes look for reviews*

EDIT: I am also sad. :( *looks for an appropriate avatar*
Nukes!!! XD Man my division had many of them. I had that rating open to me too but it would've been a year+ wait to go to bootcamp. So I chose something that would get me in quicker. Silly Nukes. XD I made E4 off my first test so I'm happy to finally have Chevrons. Have fun in "A" School while you can.

I got a chance to read the reviews for myself. Ugh, I'm not too happy how bad it was rated and the flaws. I will just rent it and if I like it that much I will buy it.

:phone:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nukes!!! XD Man my division had many of them. I had that rating open to me too but it would've been a year+ wait to go to bootcamp. So I chose something that would get me in quicker. Silly Nukes. XD I made E4 off my first test so I'm happy to finally have Chevrons. Have fun in "A" School while you can.

I got a chance to read the reviews for myself. Ugh, I'm not too happy how bad it was rated and the flaws. I will just rent it and if I like it that much I will buy it.

Nah, I'm not a nuke. I decided not to go in that direction after I heard stories from other nukes about how little free time they have in the fleet, and how it's all 100% dedication from the moment they leave boot camp until the day they retire. They can't even change rates since the job is undermanned! So, I went with AECF (Advanced Electronics/Computer Field) ET, which was the next best thing in my opinion. Either way, I would've eventually started applying for the officer programs and getting a space-related bachelor's degree, so it doesn't matter much what career path I would've chosen to start with... But the free time makes this job a whole lot better, hands down! They even have mandatory 12-hour A Schools, no early outs or anything, sometimes even more! Not my kind of life. :(

And I will do the same for the Duke. I wanted the game to have a good laugh, so there's still a chance that I might buy it! Just gonna wait until later, when the game's released in USA and I see how everyone around here reacts...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yes I also heard the stories although that was why they got all the bonuses. Isn't your school in Florida or is it in Maine?

Great Lakes. I left boot camp, crossed the street literally, and got here. So it's no fun, no beach or salty sea breeze, just a (HUGE) lake. :(

I'm worried.
Yeah, you know, all those nuclear-powered engines and nuclear science that is not weapons will destroy us all. Air Force definitely isn't the branch with the nuclear weapons field, no siree!

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ah ugh. People say the staff at that "A" School treat you like your in boot camp still and strict with the liberty. Well not like Meridian, Mississippi was any better. The staff was awsome but we were literally in the middle of no where 15 miles away from the town and even that was tiny as heck...

Been able to train that Kirby? =)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah ugh. People say the staff at that "A" School treat you like your in boot camp still and strict with the liberty. Well not like Meridian, Mississippi was any better. The staff was awsome but we were literally in the middle of no where 15 miles away from the town and even that was tiny as heck...

Been able to train that Kirby? =)
Haven't been playing Brawl since I left PR, which was like 4 months ago. I was about to buy a Wii and Brawl, but then I realized... I have no idea where to get tube TVs! So, I'm stuck with an HDTV and quite possibly, annoying lag. Decided not to buy a Wii for now and just wait til my GCN controller got here first if I'm gonna be pissing at lag all day.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Haven't been playing Brawl since I left PR, which was like 4 months ago. I was about to buy a Wii and Brawl, but then I realized... I have no idea where to get tube TVs! So, I'm stuck with an HDTV and quite possibly, annoying lag. Decided not to buy a Wii for now and just wait til my GCN controller got here first if I'm gonna be pissing at lag all day.
How new is the TV? Some of the newer LED screens have a "game" mode which cuts a bit of picture quality but eliminates almost all lag as long as you are using component cables. I've actually played on HDTVs without lag. I'd be hard pressed to believe that the tech is mainstream in tvs now, but I know they exist out there somewhere.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised their NEX doesn't sell anything TVs. Especially the one inside boot camp. It was after "A" School I gotten a little rusty from 6 months of not playing so I'm trying to get my Peach, Kirby, and G&W back the way I had them. I wore out all my GC controllers to where the C stick tilted to the right and left and would even stick up when I tilted it. So right now I have to adapt to those new classic Wii controllers and they do feel a little different but it isn't to bad.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's better for you to adapt to the classic, since that's what we'll be using when the Wii-U comes out (try the Classic Pro though, has two extra triggers, dunno if they work for Brawl though). In this NEX they sell games, systems, laptops, TVs, cell phones (Verizon's in here too), food, clothes, and a whole bunch of stuff. It's bigger than a drugstore and about 10 times bigger than the boot camp NEX. I'll have to inspect my HDTV though, but right now, duty calls. POOW time. :\

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That would've been messed up if the only NEX you had access to was that bootcamp one. /= Good to know they got a bigger one for you guys. That DS like controller for the WiiU would be interesting to use for SSB. Hehe have fun with duty. Thursday is my day for that. XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhhh, so they finally got around to doing that? Heh, about time XD

I'm just glad I got to keep the custom title.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, I remember when fromundaman had the picture of a penguin with a flamethrower... Good times, good times... Can't find the picture though. :(

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No prob, just trying to spark up any level of activity in the Kirby boards is all. :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Uh oh... Jowii reappeared with a post about controversy...

And nope Kewk, it's always been in color.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Maybe because our metagame hasn't changed since the day Kirbicides were discovered... back in 64...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Tangent Crusader- What's that suppose to mean :troll:?

@S.SZ7- As if there'll be a community with the way people are receiving the announcement of WiiU, it's controller, and lack of GC ports. Keep hope alive I suppose.

@Kirby boards- Why not a discussion of playstyles and strategy focuses of different Kirbies? Because I know we all have different Kirbies and some of us focus on certain aspects of Kirbies metagame/strong points.

Work has forced me into recluse or I wouldn't be here myself.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Dan- No sir. Juss bored out of my mind. Although, to be fair, the toilet is where I get my second best ideas. The first being while driving to TX and back. And if you're refering to the blog - that was the single best thing that part of Smashboards has seen since it's creation and was easily a finer point of my time as a user on SWF.

@SSZ7- There's change, and then there's a completely overhaul. Melee to Brawl was change. Brawl to whatever-it's-going-to-be-called will be an overhaul.

@K.Board- Also, join me in following this here. I'd like to think this will be one of the first major (and openly publicized) cyberwars, and as such, should go down in the history books. It wont, but it should.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've heard of those hackers. I think their cause is awesome (getting rid of corruption) but a lot of people on that page you linked posted messages as if they were scared of these guys going crazy and messing up the internet and bank accounts without any cause.

If anything, you're right about this going down in the history books. Hacking Sony is funny, but from the looks of it there's more than that planned.

Top Bottom