• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kantrip

Kantplay
As far as Donkey Kong Country is concerned, I see all.... :evil:

I'm actually subscribed to this thread and stuff I just don't post here. But hey, what's good kirbros?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was expecting reflex to namesearch and post here....I never asked for bananas.

As for me, I'm doing fine. Played well against Bio in wifi, and made a good sammich to savor the moment.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
As far as Donkey Kong Country is concerned, I see all.... :evil:

I'm actually subscribed to this thread and stuff I just don't post here. But hey, what's good kirbros?
Well, can't blame you I suppose. I mean, it IS Donkey Kong Country, one of the best SNES games of all time that led it's generation in terms of graphics at the time and special effects as well as really fun game-play.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So you're a sammich>banana kinda guy, eh? Fair enough.

@Luco: DKC2 is my favourite game to this day. You're right, the graphics, gameplay, and soundtrack for the DKC series were so revolutionary for the SNES. It's incredible.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can't say DKC2 is my favourite game of all time but it's definitely up there, as in top-10 category. My favourite game of all time though? That'd have to be Terranigma.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I never seen luco being that descriptive on DKC, lol. One mighty praise like that needs to be on more game magazines.

And by the gods, Terranigma is incredible.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I never seen luco being that descriptive on DKC, lol. One mighty praise like that needs to be on more game magazines.

And by the gods, Terranigma is incredible.
Oh, why thankyou! I'm generally not descriptive here but I do praise a lot of games.

And goodness, someone else who knows the brilliance of Terranigma! It's one of the few games that has genuinely made me cry. It's so good. Secret of Evermore is great gameplay wise and it's story is fun but Terranigma has this emotional aspect to it that is just so... absorbing and sad and happy and everything all at the same time. It's a stunning game and deserves more attention.

@ J: Terranigma is hard to explain. It's very open to interpretation; even though you know exactly what's going on, there are deeper layers to the story, which is something seen so rarely in many games today (not to say there aren't any... Spec Ops: the Line and a few other games have these layers to them as well).

In any case, it's about reviving the world, at face value. It presents these themes of life, death, re-incarnation, deceit and trickery, love and happiness... It's such a good game and I highly recommend you play it if you can. :-)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
New mod talk
Y'all are giving this too much importance. The new mod will still perform all the tasks Kewk did. Other than not having him around there won't be much difference.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Although they say mods watch you for a while if they think you might have the right stuff. Sounds slightly creepy. o.O
I can't speak for SWF obviously, but everywhere I've modded (outside of Gaia which actually had an application system) said this pretty much word for word to get people to stop asking us, it really means "if you stand out we'll consider it but don't hold your breath for us to go looking" :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Timmy already mods in AiB. Idk if he's busy or not, and idk if it would be a hassle for him if he mods not only here, but the other kirby boards.
Moderating character boards where you already hang out isn't especially demanding work. It's always best to get someone who likes to keep things running smoothly and looking nice, that way it's more inviting for people to come in and have a fun time.

At any rate, I've never actively sought to be a moderator anywhere. I've only taken up mod duties where asked, that way it feels like I'm helping out rather than trying to take control of something.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno Twinkie/ACTION PANDA!/Dan/TWiNKatGC182, I find being a mod as a sign of leadership. You're representing your assigned forums, and the way they behave directly reflects on how you behave towards your forum's regulars. A good mod = good forum and respected members. A mediocre mod = troll forums and aggressive members.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno Twinkie/ACTION PANDA!/Dan/TWiNKatGC182, I find being a mod as a sign of leadership. You're representing your assigned forums, and the way they behave directly reflects on how you behave towards your forum's regulars. A good mod = good forum and respected members. A mediocre mod = troll forums and aggressive members.
I see this, though at the same time, Lucas boards don't really have a mod of their own atm and even in the social i'm seeing very little trolling. :o

Still, I think J's appealing for a mod to look over it. That'll be nice, we need some threads cleaned up and others to be edited and things like that.

It's actually just TWiNKatGC mang, no 182, and ACTION PANDA goes without the !.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's actually just TWiNKatGC mang, no 182, and ACTION PANDA goes without the !.
Nice to see you still remember your names! That was a trap to see if you would fail, but you succeeded in remembering your names correctly. Well done! :awesome:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Haven't checked the Kirby boards in awhile and well, looks like I wasn't able to get any money last month, so I won't be able to go to the NJ tourney I wanted to this weekend. ;_;

Good news is that I will 100% be at Apex! :D

Btw MikeKirby if you're reading this, do you wanna $50 best of 5 Kirby ditto MM at Apex? I personally don't care about the money, but I just wanna do something hype and hopefully a $50 Kirby ditto MM (which I've never heard of before... ever) could create some hype. XD

If we do it, I CALL PINK KIRBY!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Haven't checked the Kirby boards in awhile and well, looks like I wasn't able to get any money last month, so I won't be able to go to the NJ tourney I wanted to this weekend. ;_;

Good news is that I will 100% be at Apex! :D

Btw MikeKirby if you're reading this, do you wanna $50 best of 5 Kirby ditto MM at Apex? I personally don't care about the money, but I just wanna do something hype and hopefully a $50 Kirby ditto MM (which I've never heard of before... ever) could create some hype. XD

If we do it, I CALL PINK KIRBY!
Challenge accepted!

I warn you though, I come from a smashfest that included 2 other Kirbies besides myself, so, I'm very experienced in the match-up! ;)

But you have Chu on your side of the map... So, hmmm... :lick:

Also, I'll be hitting up NJ this weekend for that tourny! It sucks knowing you would have been there! :(

Jowii-cide! :kirby:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm looking at your avatar Mike and remembering that episode where Kirby destroys King Dedede's castle...

Kirby MM's? Sounds... interesting. o.O

Sucks (pun intended :cool:) when you get nothing from copying the opponent.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Challenge accepted!

I warn you though, I come from a smashfest that included 2 other Kirbies besides myself, so, I'm very experienced in the match-up! ;)

But you have Chu on your side of the map... So, hmmm... :lick:

Also, I'll be hitting up NJ this weekend for that tourny! It sucks knowing you would have been there! :(

Jowii-cide! :kirby:
Yup! Gonna practice the Kirby ditto with Chu next time I see him, I'll be prepared! ;D

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm looking at your avatar Mike and remembering that episode where Kirby destroys King Dedede's castle...

Kirby MM's? Sounds... interesting. o.O

Sucks (pun intended :cool:) when you get nothing from copying the opponent.
Hahaha! It's sooo unforgettable! I literally had a fan-gasm seeing the debut and return of MikeKirby! Cutest thing ever! :estatic:

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, I will totally be hyping up the $50 Kirby MM between you two if I see it going on and if a Lucas/Ness player isn't playing. (gotta hype up my fellow mains as well).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well surely if Kirby dittos are amazing, Ganon dittos must be even better! *head explodes*

That's weird, my brother is playing Skyrim and a courier just came up to him and gave him a letter. The strange thing is the courier was half-naked.

Skyrim has the weirdest glitches...

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Well surely if Kirby dittos are amazing, Ganon dittos must be even better! *head explodes*

That's weird, my brother is playing Skyrim and a courier just came up to him and gave him a letter. The strange thing is the courier was half-naked.

Skyrim has the weirdest glitches...
Like the half-naked mailman from OoT?

:phone:

Top Bottom