• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gonna start studying game art on full sail university around The December start date, which is apparently on NOVEMBER.

Wish me luck on paying my $80,500 tuition.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tuition seems to be getting out of hand... especially considering all the added funds I keep hearing that colleges are getting. >_>

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Jesus christ. 4 years of engineering at the best school in Canada only cost 40k.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The tuition + Financial aid will be covering 2 semesters + all my expenses. I'm going for more scholarships, so it'll cover three if I do get them. And then that'll mean I'll have two more semesters to cover.

Hard work for me, but at least it'll hopefully shed a brim of light.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Haha, tuition is really expesive.

To get my degree at the University of Minnesota, it basically came out to $80,000 for 4 years.

But I got a decent chunk of that paid by grants, scholarships, and help from parents. Left school with about $20,000 to pay in studen loans. Slowly chipping away at it each month lol.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Gonna start studying game art on full sail university around The December start date, which is apparently on NOVEMBER.

Wish me luck on paying my $80,500 tuition.
Haven't checked these boards in awhile but...

HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP that's a lot. O.o

Yeah... Good luck, cause God knows I'd never be able to afford that.

Also Luckay, Kirby dittos are hype cause the match-up never happens... Ever. I know better than to Kirby ditto Chu, LOL.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys, this post is mostly for Kawaii (Vinyl) but I recommend you listen to this as well because it's so darn incredible:

Terranigma: Sadness (remastered)

It's not my favourite piece in the world (yet it's up there), though this remastering of it almost puts it there. It's so emotional, makes you kind of want to cry your eyes out but at the same time smile because it represents all those good memories gone past that you cherish.

The other pieces from this person include Land of the dark (underworld), Crysta and (my favourite video game theme in the world) A hero's final day. Even if you normally don't like those pieces vinyl I recommend these because they're stunning, all of them.

My favourite video-game song in the world

The above theme's remastered version

Also, the aquamarine crysta theme is great as well:

Terranigma: Crysta (aquamarine)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm glad you posted those links here. I've been sort of in a video game music mood and I enjoyed listening to those immensely. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh thanks timmy! Those themes come from my favourite game of all time. If you ever can, buy it on Ebay or use an emulator, definitely play it. It's worth the time! Don't be fooled by the 'five towers' aspect, this game is far, far longer than that!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It looks like a classic JRPG from the SNES era. I will definitely be putting it on my list of to-play games. :D

Edit:
Oh yeah, and the length of games doesn't matter to me; it's the quality that counts.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ That Kirby cake still looks delicious and very well done. I can never make a Kirby cake that good. )= [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Man, let me tell you.

I'm currently on this part where I almost beat someone in a certain round, but then loses in the end.
Btw, someone saved a match on me vs. mampam. I'll put it in the critique thread when It's uploaded.

/end of brag.

Happy birthday, poyo. And thanks luco, that was wonderful music.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Some more music for you to enjoy, if you're feeling up for it:

Final Fantasy V: Dear Friends

SNES had a lot of iffy games. But the ones that were good... were amazing. Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore... all amazing and overlooked (save Chrono Trigger which got a slight remake on the DS and Ipod touch).

Oh, and the SNES Final Fantasies were great too. :)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Sorry for the late response! I haven't checked the boards in awhile, thanks MikeKirby and Vinyl for the birthday shoutouts! :D

And...

-mouth drools-

I want dat cake...

Also MikeKirby, I think you're gonna **** me in our Kirby ditto unless I shapen up, Chu wasn't at last weekend's tourney so I couldn't practice the match-up but Blob a Kirby main who hasn't been to a tourney since like 2009 was and I played him in tourney. Surprisingly... Game 1 was Kirby dittos last stock 100%, I was basically outplaying him the whole time but I was nervous the whole time too cause I wasn't able to kill him early, so he almost came back, I feel it would've been a 1-stock low percent or 2-stock if I wasn't nervous. I went MK game 2 and 2-stocked him but... If I choke vs you like I did vs Blob... You're gonna get a free $50. ;_;

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Hopefully Chu goes to the next MD/VA tourney so I CAN practice that match-up! XD

I'm definitely gonna practice more though, I actually didn't prepare AT ALL for the tourney last weekend, played Brawl for probably less than 30 minutes total the week before. XD

Triple R

Smash Lord
Went to a tourney last weekend. It was a melee tourney, but there was a tiny little brawl side tourney with 7 people. The results aren't up in the results thread. So I thought I'd just post something quick here.

Got 1st out of 7 people. We just did a big pool into a single elim finals bracket. Hunger, Akiro, YoshQ, Red Ryu, Xeylode, and Rev.0 was everyone in the bracket.

I 2-0ed everyone except Hunger. He won 2-1. The second match I cped Frigate and he kirby dittoed me. It ended with me still have 3 stocks and him on his last stock, and he just quit out lol.

The way the pool worked out though, I still got 1st seed. It then when into a finals bracket where I basically waited in GF and they had to do a match to work out ties. I ended up playing Hunger again. This time I beat him 3-0. So it was a sweep. I just felt like I was playing well in finals. But all the matches in GF were pretty close.

Well, that's that. Remember mikekirby and poyo, you have to 3 stock people in Kirby dittos!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I almost win, yet still lose mostly. And then I get two stocked. I got three stocked by wizz and I felt bad. Wario, man.

Btw, I finally got a replay of a friendly with mampam, apparently #2 in the Florida PR.
I'll put the link vid here when it's uploaded.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Had a few casuals and finally won against a diddy kong with style.

There's another recording of me vs. exdeath :dedede:. The fastfall dair > stone I did was legit as **** and all the swallows I made were pretty good. All the other random hammers and mistakes was reading attmepts. Will link when uploaded.

Also, doing more better at the peach matchup.
Could use help on beating Ryo's :ike: and TrueBlue's :sonic:.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Went to a tourney last weekend. It was a melee tourney, but there was a tiny little brawl side tourney with 7 people. The results aren't up in the results thread. So I thought I'd just post something quick here.

Got 1st out of 7 people. We just did a big pool into a single elim finals bracket. Hunger, Akiro, YoshQ, Red Ryu, Xeylode, and Rev.0 was everyone in the bracket.

I 2-0ed everyone except Hunger. He won 2-1. The second match I cped Frigate and he kirby dittoed me. It ended with me still have 3 stocks and him on his last stock, and he just quit out lol.

The way the pool worked out though, I still got 1st seed. It then when into a finals bracket where I basically waited in GF and they had to do a match to work out ties. I ended up playing Hunger again. This time I beat him 3-0. So it was a sweep. I just felt like I was playing well in finals. But all the matches in GF were pretty close.

Well, that's that. Remember mikekirby and poyo, you have to 3 stock people in Kirby dittos!
If Hunger beat you in pools but you still got first seed, then who beat him? I assume he lost to YoshQ 2-0 and you won cause of a 3-way tiebreaker or something? Either way GOOD **** 3-0ing Hunger in GFs! :D

I feel like... Kirby vs Wario is 50-50 or 55-45 Kirby. Kirby outspaces him with bair and can just his jumps to space around Wario then get a read on Wario's patterns that way, but it's obviously harder for Kirby to kill and Kirby can die really early to a fart or f-smash at the ledge

And 3-stocking in Kirby dittos...?

Chu's done that to me... Not pleasant. ;_;

Triple R

Smash Lord
If Hunger beat you in pools but you still got first seed, then who beat him? I assume he lost to YoshQ 2-0 and you won cause of a 3-way tiebreaker or something? Either way GOOD **** 3-0ing Hunger in GFs! :D

I feel like... Kirby vs Wario is 50-50 or 55-45 Kirby. Kirby outspaces him with bair and can just his jumps to space around Wario then get a read on Wario's patterns that way, but it's obviously harder for Kirby to kill and Kirby can die really early to a fart or f-smash at the ledge

And 3-stocking in Kirby dittos...?

Chu's done that to me... Not pleasant. ;_;
From what I remember Akira beat him in pools. Yeah, I'm also not sure what I really feel the wario/kirby matchup is, but it's close to even for sure.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Well from my experience, my Kirby has never got flatout ***** by Warios except for Malcolm who 3-stocked me game 1 in pools at Pound 5 (next game I went MK on Delfino and it was last stock around 80%, so it was much closer), but other than Malcolm, my Wario has never really done bad vs Warios.

From my experience, when I played BMX (used to be a solid mid-level Wario player when he played) in 2010, I JV 2-stocked his Wario game 1, I was mainly outspacing him with bairs and planked a lot when he was at 1-stock 0% and then he fell for a Kirbycide at 0%. He changed to Snake after that, so I'd say my Kirby did good vs Wario there.

I also MM'd Slikvik at MLG DC (same tournament he beat Nick Riddle at too, so he wasn't on a bad day or anything) and I 2-0'd him in the first MM with Kirby, although he 2-0'd me in the runback, but I can say we went even there.

The only Warios in my region now though are Takeover (his Snake is better than his Wario anyway) and Iota and while I haven't played Takeover's Wario, I've played Iota's Wario with Kirby in two MMs. The first was on a tourney I was even considering not going to cause I hadn't practiced that week, so he 2-stocked my Kirby game 1, I even went MK game 2 and still lost, but I MM'd him with Kirby at a later tourney that I had actually practiced for and lost 1-2, but all the games were close, none of us ***** each other one game or the other, Iota also took Chu to game 3 in bracket that same day too and the game Iota won was solid, so he's not bad vs Kirby.

Every player I've listed above is better than me too (except BMX, but that's probably just cause he doensn't play anymore) and other than Malcolm, none of them ***** my Kirby other than Iota one game and since my Kirby has gone even with numerous Warios who are better players than me, I feel like it's slight Kirby's favor.

I think match-ups should be based on spacing and the amount of hits the character is getting compared to the hits the other character is getting. Kirby definitely gets more hits than Wario because hitbox-wise he outspaces him, so Kirby's going to be winning spacing battles, it's best for Kirby not to trade in this match-up though due to dying way earlier than Wario. Although because Kirby's bair is gonna be stale by Wario's kill percent, Kirby's only kill options are a gimp, or smash read (I know there are three different smashes, but if you're getting a smash, it's all off a similar read regardless of which Smash, so I really only consider it one option), or up-throw at like... 180%+? I dunno what percent Kirby kills Wario at, but either way, unfortunately non of Kirby's kill options on Wario are exactly reliable.

As for Wario, he's got the fart (which can be baited into easier than you think), f-tilt, f-smash, uair and I THINK jab to f-smash? I've seen Iota do it on some characters, but I dunno if it's legit on Kirby, regardless of being legit or not, people fall for stuff in this game they're not prepared for, so I still consider it an option.

So yeah, I feel Kirby wins the MU because he's going to be getting more hits and more percent, so at the end of the day, the Wario's going to have to play the Kirby's game to get the lead back, but Wario kills earlier and is MUCH more durable than Kirby in this match-up, so I say this match-up is only 55:45 or +1 for Kirby, it's doable for either character but I believe the Kirby has the edge if he plays patient, probably not the best idea to go aggro as Kirby against Wario unless you have 100% certain reads because of how hard Wario can punish.

Geez that was a long post... Guess it makes up for me being away from the boards for awhile. XD

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The reason Iota is pretty good VS Kirby is cause him and I go way back when we both started out on wifi early 2010. We used to play so often! Oh the good ol' days on the online tournament threads. ^_^

:phone:

Labernash

Smash Lord
Iota is my friend.

Wafty is my sunshine.

BPOW is my partner.

DMG is my hero.

Malcolm is my colleague.

Hunger is my protecter.

Croi is my dinosaur.

Dynomite is my avenger.

JNig is my companion.