• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it wasn't even intentional to say his name that many times and the last paragraph was probably uneccasary for the Kirby boards, but since you said you never saw him lose an MK ditto... I had to point those out. XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Except ICs on FD if it's a Japanese ruleset where I can't ban FD.
Ice Climbers on FD are so scarey that even MK doesn't have a good match-up there. XD

At first I thought not being able to ban neutral stages was questionable since there are some obvious nasty match-ups specifically on FD, but then I realized such a rule actually holds closer to the spirit of competitive play.

A rule allowing a stage to be disallowed for a counter-pick is actually a scrubby rule. If a stage is tournament-worthy then a tournament player should have to play there should it be selected to be played on.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I mean, I personally like the SKTAR ruleset the most, same as the Japanese ruleset except you can ban a neutral. I think some MUs on FD are too ridiculous, like ICs vs most low tiers (even high tiers struggle, I ICs ditto other ICs on that stage for a reason), Dedede vs characters like Wario, DK, etc. Falco... Falco's just annoying as **** there. XD

So yeah, I believe you should be allowed one ban a set, but I don't mind not being allowed a ban either, I'll play either way.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Only time I pick Final Destination is against Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, and Marth. Everyone else I will stage ban. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yeah, I don't like not being able to ban neutrals.

Quite honestly (speaking as a Ness main going against the grain) I hate FD more than I hate any of the counterpicks, including Yoshi's.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
My favorite CP stages are PS1 and Delfino. :)

I also feel like Lylat is indeed quite an icky stage but I feel like it's all has to do with the mentality of lookin at it. I mean, the main platforms are the same height as BF's lower platforms. Which is great for sharking with Kirby's U-smash, U-air etc. Givin that notion, you might be able to catch someone in a jab-lock after "slipping" off the platforms like you can in BF. After, reading some in dept data it seems platform canceling is possible at all times except when the ship enters the atmosphere and starts burning up. If you can learn the pattern of the tilt than imagine the mindgames you could potentially produce with stone!

Iunno, I feel like I think that stage is weird because my lack of knowledge of that stage. I should think of it as a "moving" BF rather than a weird stage unto itself.

*ponders*

:phone:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Poyo who is better: you or your brother??

Results-wise, me, but last time I played him in tourney game 1 was MK dittos, dead even the WHOLE game but I accidentally Drill Rushed off the stage at like 40% but he didn't grab the ledge then he himself SD'd like 10 seconds later. Then he just went Jiggs the next game and it wasn't hard (but I feel like he didn't care). I asked him later why he didn't grab the ledge game 1 and he said he just wanted to know he'd win. Granted that's just one game, I get REALLY flusterred ESPECIALLY against him (pride thing, I don't like being worse than my brother) so I don't know if I could've won the set after losing game 1.

Granted the Drill Rush was a mis-click anyway that I had been doing all day, it costed me game 2 of an MM I could've won 2-0 and I did it vs Aposl in tourney and almost lost that game for it, fortunately he himself was offstage himself when I did it, so he couldn't grab the ledge. But yeah, I think I'm slightly better than my brother cause I outplace him at almost every tourney but it's close.

As for Kirby stages... I like Smashville (although starting not to like it against MK cause I'm getting gimped there too often, gonna try to learn FD better if I wanna go Kirby vs MKs and just do the ditto on SV), Frigate, Delfino and Yoshi's. Delfino depends on my mood, if I wanna play aggro, I don't go Kirby there vs MKs cause I'll get sharked, but if I'm willing to be patient, yeah, I'll go Kirby there.

Fun fact: I ban Battlefield almost every set unless it's against ICs, a space animal, Diddy or Snake (I think Snake sucks chode anyway, but I dislike the MU on FD, I feel PS1 is just gimmicky but you can camp the windmill to not get combo'd there so it's not that bad, last time I lost to a Snake was False at SKTAR. I wanted to ban FD, but wasn't certain so I asked Luckay and he told me to ban PS1 so I did and game 3 ended up on FD, I regretted banning PS1, I think I should ban what I feel I'll dislike the most, not what others tell me from now on. x_x). BF overall is my stage though. Either that or Lylat, but BF's a neutral and way more common to be picked, so I ban BF over Lylat. I'm REALLY bad at landing... MikeKirby should know this from the Wi-Fi friendlies we had that one day. XD

Speaking of being bad at landing/recovering, that's why I'll never go Kirby against my brother in bracket. I remember one day, I was outplaying him 3-4 friendlies on the ground 100% of the time, but every time I'd get a lead or get close to winning, I would just get a ****load of percent from being juggled or get gimped. But on the ground, I was definitely outplaying him. Honestly, even in friendlies, without my brother SDing, I don't think I've beaten him with Kirby in over a year.

It's demotivating as **** too cause in some of those friendlies, I actually try tourney-serious (ALMOST tourney-serious anyway. Not much camping though, almost always trying to approach) just cause like I said... I haven't won that MU vs him even once in over a year and when I ask him what I'm doing wrong, he's just like "Oh, I'm not even trying, my controller's messing up so I'm just camping." IT'S ****ING DEPRESSNG! ;_;

He does tell me to be patient though, but I don't have the patience to camp in friendlies, I mean I'm still trying, but I try to stay in a zone close to him or approach. I'm naturally aggro and I don't find it fun to camp, so I only do it when I don't know the MU or I'm going for a timeout, but obviously I don't want to time someone out in a friendly. XD

I usually beat him in MK dittos, but I don't really have any satisfaction from it cause he sucks at MK dittos... But so do I (I used to like it, but I guess it just got harder as the metagame evolved? I dunno.) so I guess it's meh. And his other main is Jiggs and I beat that with MK cause... It's MK vs Jiggs, that's all there is to it. XD

Labernash

Smash Lord
Interesting. Thanks!

I see you, Twinkie, I see you.

Save your jumps if you're having trouble landing. Try and get to the stage and when they jump up to get you, you jump with them. They'll eventually need to go back to the stage and you can get to it as well.

Don't use all your jumps at once.

If you do, you're dumb and we are not friends anymore.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
D, that Gonzo Combo to spike attempt was cute! :laugh: There were a few 2v1 scenarios in game 1 where I thought Marth could've taken their stocks off of your grab but he came through with it at the end of that game. Just watching you walk around and control the stage was great! I liked! :bee:

D, that Gonzo Combo to spike attempt was cute! :laugh: There were a few 2v1 scenarios in game 1 where I thought Marth could've taken their stocks off of your grab but he came through with it at the end of that game. Just watching you walk around and control the stage was great! I liked! :bee:

I'm honestly more confident playing Doubles than Singles. The other 3 players are ALL better players than I am, but I handled them so well. The majority of my mistakes were technical errors, which only worries me a little bit. Also JUST IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THAT LANDED!!!! SO CUTE.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Results-wise, me, but last time I played him in tourney game 1 was MK dittos, dead even the WHOLE game but I accidentally Drill Rushed off the stage at like 40% but he didn't grab the ledge then he himself SD'd like 10 seconds later. Then he just went Jiggs the next game and it wasn't hard (but I feel like he didn't care). I asked him later why he didn't grab the ledge game 1 and he said he just wanted to know he'd win. Granted that's just one game, I get REALLY flusterred ESPECIALLY against him (pride thing, I don't like being worse than my brother) so I don't know if I could've won the set after losing game 1.
I think my brother has gotten used to me winning 95% of the time. He occasionally pulls something stupid/lucky on me but i'm a little better than him. He's still really good though and we love playing each other. We go Lucas+Lucas in teams and do really well and it's because of him that I know the Lucas ditto match-up as well as I do. :D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
My brother kicks my *** in Ganon dittos.

Top Bottom