• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Theme parks and several brawl players with more tournaments, handouts, and smashfests.

Btw, all of you should go to megacon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The Smash players are much more fun to visit in Orlando than any theme park.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Even then, I've been to an Orlando theme park only once and playing with the FL smashers was way more fun.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
The only reason I'd want to go to Florida (or any state more than 6 hours) is for a national, I dunno if they'll ever have one, I don't think they have since MLG Orlando. =/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The last national was NLL apex qualifier in Orlando this year.

Now the latest national brawl smashfest, maybe, would be at megacon. I've played brawl last time and then ended up playing mw3 all day.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
A brief moment, please.

[COLLAPSE=" "]

[COLLAPSE=" "]

[COLLAPSE=" "]

[COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]​

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I think a piece of me just died. </3
:(

Edit: D, that beginning! Game1, That string!! It's too cute! :laugh: I think I'll try that out sometime! With enough thought process it might work! I'm glad that you ended his stock with the inhale break footstool. I was worried for a second! When I'm a stock down, I usually get DDD's that rather not struggle and rather have both of us lose the stock. So, look out for that. Also, when trying to gimp DDD, especially out of his Up-B, it's best to space yourself high above him so that you're able to hammer him out of his Up-B and his super armor. That 2nd stock of his could have been yours a lot sooner if you could have caught him out of that! I feel that you lost your first two stocks to silly things BUT I like how you made sure to not let that happen 3rd stock and hupped your way to victory! Overall, I like seeing your thought process as you walk when it's crunch time! I would like to see that some more throughout the match! Stay safe and don't overly commit when you don't have to and F-smash FTW! :laugh:

:phone:

BBQTV

Smash Master
why would they do that? kewkky was hands down one of the smartest and most favorite mod (at least in this board) ever

how do you do that thing were you hop on them in mid air? how close do you have to be to do it?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Haven't finished watching (only 40 seconds in actually) but three things I noticed. You shouldn't spotdodge against Dedede, if read a Dedede will get a dash attack or f-smash (which he got killing you at 40% ;_;) and two other things are when Dedede down-throws Kirby if the Kirby holds up on the analog stick, it won't ground Kirby then he can just jump away making Dedede unable to tech chase him. The other thing is, when Dedede spits you out, you can Up-B him, it'll stop you from being a star when you're right in front of Dedede and hit him. Granted this can also be shielded if read for a free punish so do it sparingly or if they're not catching on, but it should work 1-2 times at least.

Might as well comment as I go along... That first kill on Dedede was cool as hell! O.o Those taunts and hup cancelling on the last stock of game 1 were ballin!

I might finish watching later, but I don't really watch Brawl for that long unless it's M2K, he RAIN, Anti, Nairo, Otori, Chu and Boss are the only players I like watching for long periods of time. XD

And yes as you may have noticed, MK is the most fun character for me to watch. XD

Kirby vs. DDD is a match-up that I literally learned right there on the spot. :p

The only reason why I had the edge for so long was because I already have the guy memorized.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I actually have never trained with Coney but I do know how to beat his Dedede... With MK anyway, my Kirby gets bodied. Last time I MM'd him with Kirby, my Kirby got double 2-stocked. ;_;

But yeah, I've definitely seen Chu play Coney enough times to get an understanding for the match-up as Kirby, but Coney's just way better at it than me, Chu the best Kirby barely beats him or loses to him when they play, so I know better than to go Kirby vs him... Well his Dedede anyway. Last time I played Coney in tourney I JV 2-stocked his Dedede with MK game 1 then he beat my MK with Ness games 2 and 3, but we agreed next time we play in tourney we're doing Kirby vs Ness, so I look forward to that, but it might be awhile since Coney doesn't enter much anymore. XD

Labernash

Smash Lord
how do you do that thing were you hop on them in mid air? how close do you have to be to do it?
That's called a footstool.

Pretty much, you input jump when you're around their head. Try going into training mode and setting the CPU to jump then try the footstool.

You can also footstool somebody if they are standing there.

Also, sometimes you may get a boosted jump, like if you were to footstool someone, but they DON'T tumble.

Edit: DON'T tumble.

BBQTV

Smash Master
alright i will try that.

also is it just me or are people posting less and less on smashboards? i remember when a lot of people were posting when i was here but now it feels like this place has gotten slow and barren

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Now if you ever see thar DDD again you'll know what to do. If you want a visual on how the match-up is played then there is no better video to teach all this than ChuDat Vs Coney @ Xanadu!

Basic tips:
-You can regrab DDD twice with the Gonzo combo. If they know how to SDI the second grab then the Chu combo works PERFECTLY here.
-Stay grounded when DDD is in the air because his aerial movement is slow and his landing options are limited. Either shield-grab or roll his obvious options; B-air and inhale.
-Inhale break to footstool is guaranteed! Always use it when you're a stock ahead or on equal stocks but losing in percentage!
-Copying DDD's inhale isn't worth it because you lose the guaranteed footstool and even give DDD a chance to footstool YOU out of your inhale break.
-When punishing his Up-B recovery you space yourself above him and punish him hard at the apex of that jump!
-Don't B-air his shield and watch out for DDD's Kirby killer move, his U-tilt.

Also, Poyo2good.

Win, win D!

Labernash

Smash Lord
Kirby boards are kinda slow. Some character boards post a lot. Some people only post in their regional/ city threads.

Top Bottom