• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

BBQTV

Smash Master
The URC was a joke.
Mk's banned, the bat's been canned
Scrolling through smashboards like it's a brand new land
Soon as I hit the forums they like "Was this planned?"
Then I look at the committee and I laugh, God damn
It's Embarrassing ! Half of these players have never won tourneys !
What happened to asking the whole community !? Does anyone support this Tom Foolery!?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The problem with the URC was that their agenda was:
"We're going to make tournament rules, and the community will follow them".

I feel that the only way to make a universally-accepted rule set is to only include that which everyone agrees on.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Unity 3.0 was getting there, but it definitely wasn't the most advanced form of a rule set. There were still some things that were complicated, clumsy, or outright didn't even make sense.

If it was MK banned, it sucked.

Only consistently fun character in Brawl is MK, Kirby is fun in some MUs, but can be frustrating a lot too, IMO.
Unity 3.0 was a ruleset that would constantly change based on the trends of other rulesets. If a lot of rulesets suddenly saw RC banned, Unity 3.0 would eventually ban RC. Same could be said for a 10 minute timer, MK banned, or w/e. As long as there's a large trend showing that rulesets are changing towards X, then Unity 3.0 would eventually adapt to X as well. There's no opinions behind it, just data and trends. The point was that tournaments could run whatever ruleset they felt like, and that over time, Unity would adapt to a point where everyone would just run Unity, because it was "the norm".

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Makes sense, I still wish double MK wasn't banned, that's becoming standard. ;_;

Even though I don't play teams, it means the only true teams competition is in Japan now IMO, even if America does win teams at Apex 2013, I feel like it'll mean nothing since they won't be beating Otori/Kakera's double MK team.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Makes sense, I still wish double MK wasn't banned, that's becoming standard. ;_;

Even though I don't play teams, it means the only true teams competition is in Japan now IMO, even if America does win teams at Apex 2013, I feel like it'll mean nothing since they won't be beating Otori/Kakera's double MK team.
I'm OCD like that. Have to do everything on the hardest level or it's not valid. I know what you mean...

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
GGs MikeKirby, sorry for randomly leaving, my dad started doing my chores on his own and... Yeah, I had to stop him from doing them... ^^;

Fun games though.

EDIT: Yeah, they were really fun! :D

I've been really lazy lately, so I've been too lazy to take the Wii out of my brother's room but I finally did tonight and those dittos were definitely a good way to get back into this game! :D

Looking forward to our MM at Apex, I'll try not to get Inhaled as much... XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
GGs MikeKirby, sorry for randomly leaving, my dad started doing my chores on his own and... Yeah, I had to stop him from doing them... ^^;

Fun games though.

EDIT: Yeah, they were really fun! :D

I've been really lazy lately, so I've been too lazy to take the Wii out of my brother's room but I finally did tonight and those dittos were definitely a good way to get back into this game! :D

Looking forward to our MM at Apex, I'll try not to get Inhaled as much... XD
Sounds like my dad (or is it step-dad? Unsure...). If my brother and I forget to do the dishes or decide to do them before we go to bed, often while we're eating dinner or watching TV he'll just suddenly up and do them without another word. We always feel bad after-wards even though he doesn't mind.

Also, I do remember going quadruple MK with Rockn and Rolln and my brother.

... "Ford, fo-fo-ford!" :p

Similar to that CPU match I once arranged between 4 Nesses and later, Lucases...

"PK Fre-ir-as-der!"

So much fun. ^_^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It made sense to me...... :(
The goal of the Unity Ruleset was to give everyone a national rule set for use at every tournament - making a rule set that changed based on the trends of other rule sets does not make sense in this context. (I'm not saying it was a bad idea, just that it was contradictory and thus doesn't make sense).

It also didn't make sense on the grounds of when to modify the rules. At what point do you stop using Rainbow Cruise? One of the suggestions in the Unity Back Room was to introduce the change when 51% of the tournaments showed such a change. What doesn't make sense about that is that 49% of the tournaments in this instance would still be using the 'old rules'. Approximately half of the tournaments is a large amount to ignore when presenting changes to the rules, especially rules that everyone is suppose to be happy with.

Banning characters also does not make sense*, even if that character is Meta Knight. If a tournament wants Meta Knight banned, I'm fine with that. If a tournament does not want Meta Knight banned, I'm fine with that too. It's when someone tells a TO to do the opposite of what the players/TO want at their tournament that I'm not okay with, and I have to say that also does not make sense.

I could go on, but those are some of the bigger things that didn't make sense about 3.0 rules.

*This is in regards to Brawl. I don't feel any character is broken enough in Brawl to deserve a universal ban, aka a 'hard ban'.

BBQTV

Smash Master
special snowflake syndrome
for those who dont know (i myself didnt)

Special snowflake’ syndrome, is a disease in which the subject believes that because she occupies a subculture mildly different to the mainstream, she is inherently better, and above them. The subject will never state that she is better, but it is implied, as is the belief that she is rare in her qualities, despite, in reality, being an only slightly less common cliche. Subjects suffering from this syndrome have been known to make statements such as “I’m the girl who’d rather stay home reading Harry Potter than get drunk and get ‘sweet hooks’ “, and will frequently act as if she is under tremendous pressure to act like a ‘typical girl,’ not realising that ‘typical girls’ are a myth, and those she looks down upon are not what they seem.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This political talk is a waste of my time. The only thing I want to hear referring to it the economy coming back to its good state, whether democratic or republican.
The last thing I want to hear is this Democratic vs. Republican bull**** that leads us to nowhere but more bull****.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
So... Thanksgiving was fun, I'm spending this weekend with my mom and oldest brother (not Serynder, a non-Smasher) in PA. XD

On another note, MikeKirby just wondering have you played Xzax? He's hosting a PA tourney tomorrow and since I'm in PA right now, if my oldest brother has off work tomorrow, he can take me and Serynder and I wanna beat Xzax, so any advice for if I play him?

Top Bottom