• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

This means that you inhale.

This means that you're bad.
Haha, this made me laugh.

If people actually think that they can use Kirby again and win if Metaknight was banned... So dumb.
Agreed. MK isn't the only thing keeping the puffball from the top.

That being said, I had forgotten how bad he was. I played again for the first time in at least 5 months (barring the like 30 minutes in between bouts of MVC3 I played at a tournament 2 months ago), and I was having fun with it, but dayum, after playing a more or less balanced fighter, MK feels really bad. Even Dark Pheonix isn't that bad (She actually has bad MUs and weaknesses. Not many, but at least they exist :p ). Not necessarily saying he should or shouldn't be banned (I honestly don't care enough to have an opinion), but the amount of effort MK has to put in vs the amount of effort the rest of the cast has to put in against him is pretty stupid.

camden

Smash Apprentice
K, so I'm playing an MK, and I'm under Brinstar. I FC up into the stage and it cancels straight to the projectile slash.

Was it wrong of me to crap my pants, get up, and start screaming like a gorilla?

Triple R

Smash Lord
K, so I'm playing an MK, and I'm under Brinstar. I FC up into the stage and it cancels straight to the projectile slash.

Was it wrong of me to crap my pants, get up, and start screaming like a gorilla?
Yeah that happens quite a bit by the center of the stage with the weird breakable egg things. It can also happen on other stages, but it can be hard to do on purpose. For example we know you can do this on BF's ledges, but we can't reproduce it lol.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Woohoo, went to my first tourney in Illinois, 5 months after I left PR and last touched my GCN controller (which I got in the mail, YEAH BOY! It feels amazing :O). I was reeeally rusty, but I played very decently to my surprise. I got 17/41 though, higher than I expected (didn't even think I'd make it out of pools), since I was there mainly to meet the community and socialize. I gotta scrape the rust off of my ZSS and Kirby... Also, now is the perfect chance for me to learn the Marth/Rob/Olimar/Luigi/whatever MU that PR has a lack of, which is a big plus for me!

I beat @rty (namesearch block) in pools 2-1, too. 3-stocked his Falco with Kirby, he beat my Kirby with G&W, then I beat his ICs with ZSS. I'm assuming he's pretty good since he made 3rd in the tourney, so huzzah!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Which means you should come to IL in the next year, Triple R :colorful:

Not enough Meta hate if you ask me.

Going to another tournament this weekend, and with a new controller! Wish me luck!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Started watching Twelve Kingdoms, literally. Just finished episode 1, looks promising, especially the intro. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

PS: The intro is really really good, very atmospheric.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
But Im a Kirby main, so we have hit our quota. Shouldvr hit me up when I mained MK.

:phone:

More like

There is no quota because there can never be enough Kirby mains.

Now give me your lunch money.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
More like

There is no quota because there can never be enough Kirby mains.

Now give me your lunch money.
I'm a podcast host, I don't take directions from anybody.

Real talk though, KTAR 6 - MK/Ganon with Verm in doubles, Kirby/MK in singles. #hype

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Doubles with Verm sounds pretty hype to me. Make sure to get matches online for us to watch.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm a podcast host, I don't take directions from anybody.

Real talk though, KTAR 6 - MK/Ganon with Verm in doubles, Kirby/MK in singles. #hype
Pfft, you shouuld tell your community to run MK-Banned tourneys from now on. MK is SO yesterday, Kirby's where it's at.

:phone:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I think some are starting up actually. When he gets banned, I'll be going all Kirby pretty much.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah, Kirby's a beast in the hands of an able player. Mid tier, yeah right. :awesome:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If Meta Knight gets banned...

I guess I'll have to find another character to use vs Ice Climbers and Olimar.
Actually I won't because Dedede gets ***** even harder against IC and Olimar. :\

Top Bottom