• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

RATED

Smash Lord
RATED: Yeah, Twink told me already but I haven't checked it yet. I'll go there eventually, for now I'm just spending my time checking stuff I have responsibilities to. Once I have my freedom and laptop, I'll go and say hi to the PR community.
You know what goes here : _______________.

no johns, you are already posting here

jajaja I am joking Yo, also Imma use your tag and Sin's tag in Rum&Smash. You will wreck(yeah right) with Snake/DDD.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Every year for me has been 365 days.
inb4leapyears

Kewkky said:
As long as you follow instructions without questioning anything, everything goes amazing.
This sounds like a recipe for a military dystopia.

Kewkky said:
A1loin836: I haven't seen the lead you have now... But once I get my freedom and laptop, prepare to see it dwindle into nothingness. D:
Never! My magnificent post lead shall never be (re-)surrendered to the likes of you! Go back to the evil corner from whence ye came!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, I am now in Naval Stations Great Lakes, and I've just bought a nice new phone. Free internet 24/7 for me, I'm just confined to a mobile screen for now. 1-2 more weeks and I have freedom!

I feel so good right now. Can't wait til my classes start!

:phone:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Awesome, Kewkky. How long till you get your laptop?
I can buy one right now, I just got briefed on my liberty and what my freedom consists of, and I'm allowed to own any electronic device I desire (they have to inspect it first of course). I als have enough money, but before I buy it, I have some bills I have to take care of. Tomorrow I'm supposed to get another paycheck, and if I do, then I'm buying it! I even scoped out a laptop already.

The military is like the college I wished I was in back when I was in PR, hell yeah.

I just got briefed on my liberty and what my freedom consists of
I have to say, this is quite a strange read.

Well if you get your computer tomorrow early, watch the RUM & Smash stream. The link is in the thread in FGAPR, so check it out. I'm not sure if I'm going to the tournament, which is a shame, but whatever.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have to say, this is quite a strange read.
I guess it does sound quite weird, but right now, this is just like a college+boarding school with uniform, with free weekends to do whatever I want in town. Liberty is just the term used for 'taking a break' in the military, while Leave is the term for vacation. *showers them with knowledge*

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I guess it does sound quite weird, but right now, this is just like a college+boarding school with uniform, with free weekends to do whatever I want in town. Liberty is just the term used for 'taking a break' in the military, while Leave is the term for vacation. *showers them with knowledge*

Oh sweet, I didn't know you joined the Navy! How was boot camp? What did you learn?

What made you decide to join the Navy?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh sweet, I didn't know you joined the Navy! How was boot camp? What did you learn?
Just the basics of the military, pretty much. How to march, how to properly salute, my general orders and sailor's creed, how to properly fold and stow stuff... The basics of the basics. It was pretty easy, all that media garbage of people crying in boot camp or it being pretty close to hell is all a lie, I was eating ice cream + pizza hut for being a good recruit all the time! I even had internet access (after like 7 weeks, but still internet!), listened to music, played pool and chess and arcades... Depending on how you do there, you can get a lot of privileges.

What made you decide to join the Navy?
The need for money, and the need to get out of my house. College wasn't helping either, I felt like I was getting nowhere. Now I get to jump right into my job, study for my job, and get paid while I do so. Also, the ranking system is very competitive here, which makes me want to beat everyone at everything so I can have the best benefits all the time. IMO, this was a very good decision.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Just the basics of the military, pretty much. How to march, how to properly salute, my general orders and sailor's creed, how to properly fold and stow stuff... The basics of the basics. It was pretty easy, all that media garbage of people crying in boot camp or it being pretty close to hell is all a lie, I was eating ice cream + pizza hut for being a good recruit all the time! I even had internet access (after like 7 weeks, but still internet!), listened to music, played pool and chess and arcades... Depending on how you do there, you can get a lot of privileges.

The need for money, and the need to get out of my house. College wasn't helping either, I felt like I was getting nowhere. Now I get to jump right into my job, study for my job, and get paid while I do so. Also, the ranking system is very competitive here, which makes me want to beat everyone at everything so I can have the best benefits all the time. IMO, this was a very good decision.
Well don't forget that your in the Navy. The Army's boot camp is what I'm guessing is the media garbage? Yeah that and the marine's boot camp is no joke from what I've heard. The Navy & Air Force are most likely easier due to the nature of their missions.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well don't forget that your in the Navy. The Army's boot camp is what I'm guessing is the media garbage? Yeah that and the marine's boot camp is no joke from what I've heard. The Navy & Air Force are most likely easier due to the nature of their missions.
I suppose so. I went in thinking I was gonna have to deal with all of that, ready for the worst, and I got this. I was delighted, to say the least, that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it! Also, I had a stroke of unnatural luck the day I got there, because my drill sergeants ended up being the ones with a reputation of being the nicest in boot camp. It was a very good experience, and although I wouldn't want to do it again, I'm glad it went along the way it did.

Worst part about boot camp though... Gas chamber. Being moved into a room with no windows, having tear gas fill the room, and having to say my name, rank and division before I could leave was quite sucky. I could've sworn I was going to die, but after a day or two I was like "THAT WAS AWESOME".

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Glad to hear life in Navy training is going well with you. One thing though:
Worst part about boot camp though... Gas chamber. Being moved into a room with no windows, having tear gas fill the room, and having to say my name, rank and division before I could leave was quite sucky. I could've sworn I was going to die, but after a day or two I was like "THAT WAS AWESOME".
Gas chamber? 0_0
I don't even want to comment on this one. >_>

RATED

Smash Lord
Daaaamn!, Q: it was your first name or it was EVERY of IT. I mean first name, 2nd name y los apellidos? If it was like that... it was cruel since your full name is long as hell.

I would be lucky though. I don't even have 15 letters in my full name lol

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Daaaamn!, Q: it was your first name or it was EVERY of IT. I mean first name, 2nd name y los apellidos? If it was like that... it was cruel since your full name is long as hell.

I would be lucky though. I don't even have 15 letters in my full name lol
Well, it went like this... We were like 170 people total in a closed room, and we all had gas masks. Three masked drill sergeants came in and closed the doors, then they released tear gas into the room. So, a line of like 15 people would step up and wait for the drill sergeants to tell them to remove their masks. Once you take them off, one of the drill sergeants would go to the left of the file, and another to the right of the file, and they would listen to everyone say "Seaman Recruit (last name), Division 149/150 (whichever applied to the person)". Only one person could speak at a time, and once all 15 people said that stuff, they would open the doors so they could get out, spit/vomit/whatever, then march on outside to get some fresh air. Rinse and repeat until all 170 people were done.

It was pretty bad, good thing I don't have to do it again.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hmm...soo apex 3 is probably my last tourney ever...that I will be at the very least entering...all these new games coming out are taking my attention waaaaaay far away from smash...lol I never practice

so looks like I'll be hanging the kirby caps up 2012

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
do any kirbies ever use the naner-footstool infinite we have on diddy?
I wish I could practice it. I got no wii right now, but I'll get one soon enough. Once I do, I WILL practice it, even if it's situational it's still possible and it's been proven many times.

Triple R

Smash Lord
lol, I remember practicing that not too long ago. It was kinda hard, plus when I thought I was doing it there was no way to tell if I was doing it perfectly, since I don't usually have someone to practice that kinda stuff with. I'll have to try the other way you mentioned MK26 and see how that feels, if it's easier for me or not.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My mom asked me to take a picture of myself with each different Navy uniform on and send her the pictures. Something so easy, but I procrastinate anyway... I'll do it in a few. :(

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
lol, I remember practicing that not too long ago. It was kinda hard, plus when I thought I was doing it there was no way to tell if I was doing it perfectly, since I don't usually have someone to practice that kinda stuff with. I'll have to try the other way you mentioned MK26 and see how that feels, if it's easier for me or not.
Go to practice mode and set the cpu Diddy to "walk." If you do it wrong, he will roll away.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Go to practice mode and set the cpu Diddy to "walk." If you do it wrong, he will roll away.
^^^This^^^
It's a hard thing to pull off. :urg:
My mom asked me to take a picture of myself with each different Navy uniform on and send her the pictures. Something so easy, but I procrastinate anyway... I'll do it in a few. :(
Do it!! Do it for mommy!!!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
MK26. I'm gonna go do that right now.

Twinkie: when I got to boot camp, they forced me to send all of my belongings home, including the clothes on my back, and they gave me military-standard clothing to take its place. My hats are in PR. :( (and I don't mean Power Rankings)

Well you aren't Kewkky without your hat, so I guess you have to come back to PR. :) (and I don't mean Public Relations)

Top Bottom