• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's funny how often people talking about getting high here, as if there weren't kids on this site and it wasn't illegal >_>

Triple R is good

imo

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
They're not talking about drug use though, they're just saying "I was high" and stuff of the sort.

But still, Asdioh is right. The higher-ups on the website tell us that drug/drug effects/inebriation talk is not allowed, so I'm afraid I gotta tell you guys to stop. Other mods infract for minor inappropriate content, but I know that that's taking it a step too far, and only for people who break the rules consciously. :\

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Mario should be banned. XD

☯ Is it October yet? I want to play Epic Yarn right now. )=

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Kewkky- Yessir, it's not a problem to stop talking bout it on the boards.

@ TripleR- One vid was against sin24, and you are like.....the only other Kirby I've seen handle that matchup correctly. I'd like to see how you would fair against Lain or Hylian. I can almost beat them most of the time and every so often I get wins. I also watched you versus a ZSS and I linked the video in the ZSS export for the MU discussion as reference for anyone wanting to know exactly how the MU is played.

I might not be able to make Brainshock because I'm going to MLGDallas in November. We'll figure out somethin' though ;D

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
It's funny how often people talking about getting high here, as if there weren't kids on this site and it wasn't illegal >_>
Asdioh said:
as if there weren't kids on this site
No idea what this guy's smoking talking about.

...As I predicted, I have a semi-mountain of work to do and a 7AM wake-up call. W00t, I guess.

Edit: As a super-bonus surprise, I just finished my HW and am looking forward to a refreshing 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I wish I had school... I wish stop taking temporary jobs then have to find a new one. I wish Kirby's Epic Yarn come's out soon.... I wish that I stop saying "I wish". )=

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OH BUDDY LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT REACH!!!!!!!

but in all srsnes you can just watch me later...I stream reach when I play it and probably will be streaming like all weekend as me and my two boys take on the campaign mode...we just doing multiplayer as of now

oh

sorry stream link is!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tko727

will start streaming at 6 tonight!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I need to not get high @ tournaments.......

I tend to slack off and slow down when I'm high and playing Brawl (Where as in Halo3 and COD:MW2 I get better).

I met Fromundaman @ a tourny this weekend >_> but it was towards the veeeerrrry end so no friendlies.

I need to start watching MK dittos vids. During pools I'd beat people's mains and then lose to their MKs. I almost beat Lain in my pool so that was kinda fun; it's great being so knowledgeable about that MU.
Lol, I saw you use MK against that Ike in pools! Yeah, kinda sad it took me so long to find you. I didn't get friendlies with any Kirby players (nor did we throw down).

It was cool meeting you though.

Also, TKO, you're an awesome guy, and thanks for the hug and the compliment. It was cool meeting you and hope to get some friendlies with you next time I see you.

EDIT: Also, I probably won't post much for a while. My comp is still dead and since I'm moving tomorrow that means I no longer have access to my ex's laptop.

Also, I'm proud of my performance in teams, and while I feel I lost to good players, I'm still disappointed I didn't make it out of pools.
Also, NEVER be nice to someone and let them restart a match when their controller is buggy. I figured since I 2 stocked this guy game 1 and was a stock and a half up game 2 before he said he was having controller problems, I could let him restart the match to make it fair, expecting to 2-0 him anyway. Yeah, apparently he started reading me really well or I ****ed up, but I ended up dropping the set. I was pissed.

Top 3 of my pool were AZ, HadesBlade, and Metalmusicman, so I'm not too disappointed about losing to them. AZ didn't pull out DK on me, and I'm told that means he wasn't sandbagging against me, which makes me happy, since he did against some of the others. Also, HadesBlade has the nastiest Yoshi I've ever seen.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
IDK. It's a gay MU, but Hades outplayed me more than anything. I do know Kirby does a lot better vs Yoshi than Mario though, despite MU ratios saying the opposite.

I dunno, you have to hardcore bait and punish Yoshi with your multiple jumps and basically air-camp the **** out of him. I beat Crow's Yoshi by pretty much just trying to time him out until he made a mistake (and since I actually timed his Link out the previous game, he started getting reckless when we got to the last minute.).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It was just wifi, but I beat a Yoshi with Fox and then got trashed with Kirby. He later told me that he would much rather fight Kirby than Fox. Yoshi kinda shuts down Kirby's approaches, and also outcamps the heck out of him, so that's ... unfortunate.
Fox outcamps Yoshi so hard though. That's why I love Fox: he can outcamp seemingly every character but Pikachu.

freaking Pikachu

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You probably just got hard-countered by his amazing name.
☯ This is the answer. Most of the match up of Yoshi vs Kirby is basically Yoshi running away and you have no choice but to chase him and don't get pivot grabbed. If you can't get passed this, then it seems like an annoying match up, Kirby vs Sonic for example.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Here's how I've found you fight Yoshi:

-Bait a grab, jump over it and punish with Bair.
-Bait a Bair, punish with Bair.
-Aircamp for 8 minutes when you get the lead.
-Shut Yoshi down hard when he finds himself having to approach.

Yoshi has no approach game that our Bair doesn't ****, and an INCREDIBLE defense game, as well as a good projectile, but one that we can easily avoid. If you force him to approach, he's ****ed. Just don't get comboed. Yoshi has some nasty combos.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
super smash brothers "camp for 8 minutes no matter what character you're using"

sigh :(

I still hate wifi. I only play it rarely now, so as to not stress myself out too much.
I just wonder if it's helping or hurting me, I haven't played offline in too long >_<

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah I know Asdioh, but in some MUs, you just really shouldn't approach if we don't have to.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Asdioh- The sad thing is I think you may be a lil right. We might have only a slight advantage or even MU w/ Yoshi; when I get back in town from Colorado I'll write something up about it.

BeTeeDubz- I pulled what is affectionately known to myself as 'The Fromundaman Combo' but is actually just the traditional combo inhalebreak>footstool w/ a twist.

@ Fromundaman- Remember MetalMusicMan from the OH tourny? I inhaled him onstage, walked off, inhale break > footstool and cackled madly as I flailed about the room since that was the last stock. He says you did that to him and he thought of me and I thought I'd give it to him again.

@ Kirbeh boards- So.....best doubles strategy worked out last night. I played Kirby and MK w/ a Lucario. Anubis strategy + Kirbicides = WIN. Also if you're playing against a team w/ a normal silent 15yr old Lucas prodigy on it and you happen to be planking due to the anubis strategy? Try making tongue faces at him and talking in a pedo voice. That also apparently = WIN. (Seriously, he accidently SD'd he was so shocked.)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, our MU with Yoshi is pretty easy. Aircamp Yoshi until he does something, then fall and punish, rinse and repeat. Take him to platformed stages where he sucks (his fave stages are those without platforms), then just aircamp him and bait reactions. Pivot grabs, egg toss, neutral B, nair/bair... Once something happens, go in and punish with anything. He has trouble killing if you shield whenever he's near, and we have a killing throw (uthrow), so we have the natural advantage as well as our player-to-player strategies are more effective.

Online, I wouldn't doubt Yoshi to be harder. He's based on punishing approaches, he egg-tosses across the stage, then pivot grabs you/does his neutralB tricksie when you're near. If you just hover over him (fastfalling and jumping to mix up your landing/punishing), he runs out of options quick and starts feeling harassed.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Asdioh said to come in here and discuss the match-up with you guys.

Well, I think it's Yoshi's most even match-up, but I'll type out an analysis later.

Let me just tell you that it's hard to aircamp Yoshi. You have to fall down eventually, and grabs do well to punish your landings.

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Okay, so I used to think this MU was really easy for us. Then I played Kiwi at Apex, almost lost, **** myself, peed a little, and now I've changed my views.

This match up is quite possibly the most even MU in the game between two different characters. Basically, Yoshi runs all day. Kirby has to try and catch up. They BOTH have tools to play extremely safe in this match up. They both can't really gimp each other. It all comes down to reads, setting traps, and not doing anything stupid.

Killing is pretty hard in this MU as well. Don't force a kill, it just leaves you open to pivot grabs and stuff. Same for us. Everything just has to happen.

Don't be surprised if the match goes to time.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I think its either even or we have a slight advantage. Also the air camping bait doesn't work as well as you think. We'll probably just step away and stare at you or throw eggs. Pivot grab will get you if you attempt to approach with a bair (or approaching with anything really) If you really want to be in the air to bait us though you should be just slightly out of upsmash or grab range and just within egg range. When you're like that I personally don't feel like i can attack without it being a high risk low reward situation. Its a slow and boring Matchup to me

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I think this matchup is pretty easy really. But I really can´t be bothered with writing my experiences now. I´ve played some good yoshi´s though. And Jowii and fromundaman you guys were probably just worse players than your yoshi counterparts.

I´m jus´ saying

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
@Kewkky- And the Yoshi mains you play are.......?
For the record, I play against Yoshis, not against select American players. Just cuz their names aren't known doesn't mean they are automatically shut down. USA isn't the Brawl metagame (no offense meant).

I play against "local nobody Yoshies" to everyone at SWF. Not like "nobodies" don't give me MU practice, they play with the best of us down here in PR and get near our level quick.

Oh, and Poltergust... We have to fall down sometime, but that doesn't mean we're going to fall down into your grabs. There's a ton of mixups we can do to touch the floor, between landing at any time before our jumps run out, landing with an aerial, using a special to delay our landing and mess up your prediction, and of course, mix up fastfalled landings with non-fastfalled landings. We can also land whenever you try a grab or egg toss, you'll be committed to that attack which means free landing for us to regain our jumps... Landing isn't a problem or us either on platformed stages like I said, only non-platformed stages are advantageous to Yoshi in this MU (and pretty much every MU that Yoshi can camp in, since it makes people approach him and land near his [pivot]grab range).

That's what my experiences tell me anyway.

I think its either even or we have a slight advantage. Also the air camping bait doesn't work as well as you think. We'll probably just step away and stare at you or throw eggs. Pivot grab will get you if you attempt to approach with a bair (or approaching with anything really) If you really want to be in the air to bait us though you should be just slightly out of upsmash or grab range and just within egg range. When you're like that I personally don't feel like i can attack without it being a high risk low reward situation. Its a slow and boring Matchup to me
My thoughts exactly.

Still:
Also the air camping bait doesn't work as well as you think. We'll probably just step away and stare at you or throw eggs.
The purpose of my air camping is to make you retreat or commit to an attack (egg toss means I now get to refresh my jumps). Eventually you'll run out of space to retreat from our harassment, and when you have to make a move, I'll be at my optimal position, just hovering around your hard-to-reach spot, ready to land and punish with a falling bair/grab/ftilt/dtilt/utilt/fsmash. Yoshi's shield is pretty bad (Sakurai and his goonies' fault), so we can usually hit it and only fear a grab (which we can beat with an ftilt as soon as we can throw one out, it's faster than your grab, and everything else you're gonna have to drop your shield for, which means frame advantage for us. If you roll, we either do the same again, or we follow you and grab/dash attack/shield dash towards you and improvise).

Like I said before, this is from my experiences. You guys' experiences is obviously different so some of you might have had a harder/easier time than me... But what I learned is that air camping and baiting Yoshi to do stuff until he runs out of space is the best thing I can do.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Still:The purpose of my air camping is to make you retreat or commit to an attack (egg toss means I now get to refresh my jumps). Eventually you'll run out of space to retreat from our harassment, and when you have to make a move, I'll be at my optimal position, just hovering around your hard-to-reach spot, ready to land and punish with a falling bair/grab/ftilt/dtilt/utilt/fsmash. Yoshi's shield is pretty bad (Sakurai and his goonies' fault), so we can usually hit it and only fear a grab (which we can beat with an ftilt as soon as we can throw one out, it's faster than your grab, and everything else you're gonna have to drop your shield for, which means frame advantage for us. If you roll, we either do the same again, or we follow you and grab/dash attack/shield dash towards you and improvise).

Like I said before, this is from my experiences. You guys' experiences is obviously different so some of you might have had a harder/easier time than me... But what I learned is that air camping and baiting Yoshi to do stuff until he runs out of space is the best thing I can do.
The thing about the eggs, is that they will be tossed to limit your landing options, not right at you as you're air camping. You COULD land, but you might end up taking the hit from the egg, which is worth 9% fresh.

Regardless, we all see it pretty much the same way. It's reaaaaaaally slow, but I don't particularly mind that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yay a bit of discussion :D now if only I could revive the Fox thread...

sounds about right to me. Kirby's air camping doesn't put him at much of an "advantage" imo.

so a random Kirby AMV that was "related" to one of my own match videos. I thought it was actually pretty good, for a, you know, Kirby AMV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc79klp1a4M
Good song. New(ish) James Bond song ftw?!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think this matchup is pretty easy really. But I really can´t be bothered with writing my experiences now. I´ve played some good yoshi´s though. And Jowii and fromundaman you guys were probably just worse players than your yoshi counterparts.

I´m jus´ saying
Not gonna lie, Hadesblade was a way better player than I. That being said, when I said Yoshi doesn't **** Kirby, I think the opposite is also true. It feels pretty even to me, although I'm not sure I even know the MU all that well yet.

That being said I then played another Yoshi player that day (Crow!), and air-camping seemed to work really well, ESPECIALLY at the ledge, where I could always fall back on regrabbing the ledge instead of landing (yay for no ledge grab rule!).

BeTeeDubz- I pulled what is affectionately known to myself as 'The Fromundaman Combo' but is actually just the traditional combo inhalebreak>footstool w/ a twist.

@ Fromundaman- Remember MetalMusicMan from the OH tourny? I inhaled him onstage, walked off, inhale break > footstool and cackled madly as I flailed about the room since that was the last stock. He says you did that to him and he thought of me and I thought I'd give it to him again.
Haha yeah, I did get him with that. Ledge-hopped inhaled, and honestly expected to get that "what are you doing foo'?" jab shutdown, but it worked, and I was happy... then lost anyway XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Kewkky, if you hit Yoshi's shield he can roll away from you unpunished. His roll gets a boost from the attack, and he can even roll off an edge. Yoshi's shield is bad only if someone doesn't hit it.

And Yoshi shouldn't shield-grab anyways (unless we PS one of your smashes or something). =P

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, if you hit Yoshi's shield he can roll away from you unpunished. His roll gets a boost from the attack, and he can even roll off an edge. Yoshi's shield is bad only if someone doesn't hit it.

I said you guys could roll. o_O

I'm sure he won't be able to roll unpunished 100% of the time, I mean... After you drop your shield (which after rolling shouldn't have shielddrop frames AFAIK), you'd need a fast option to stop us from grabbing you/ftilting you. A good pivot grab will be nasty, but that's why we keep harassing you in the air until you run out of space in which to retreat to, so we don't have to worry about this. ;D

And Yoshi shouldn't shield-grab anyways (unless we PS one of your smashes or something). =P
I said the only thing we have to fear is a shieldgrab, but yeah, didn't make it clear that it's a POWERshieldgrab, my bad.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

I said you guys could roll. o_O

I'm sure he won't be able to roll unpunished 100% of the time, I mean... After you drop your shield (which after rolling shouldn't have shielddrop frames AFAIK), you'd need a fast option to stop us from grabbing you/ftilting you. A good pivot grab will be nasty, but that's why we keep harassing you in the air until you run out of space in which to retreat to, so we don't have to worry about this. ;D

I said the only thing we have to fear is a shieldgrab, but yeah, didn't make it clear that it's a POWERshieldgrab, my bad.
No, we really will be able to roll away unharmed if you hit us with anything (unless it's a jab or something). >.>

Yoshi's spot-dodge is good, by the way. Don't underestimate it. =/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No, we really will be able to roll away unharmed if you hit us with anything (unless it's a jab or something). >.>

I can't picture it mentally... It seems like you're gonna be hit with something regardless because of how low of a cooldown kirby has when he lands while bairing and his grounded range:speed with his tilts, but hey, you're the one who's got experience evading attack that way so I'll have to take your word for it for now (not like I might be able to do anything about it anytime soon).

Yoshi's spot-dodge is good, by the way. Don't underestimate it.
Our dash attack is a multi-hit move, so if we land a landing bair on your shield then immediately run towards you and dash attack, chances are that you're gonna be hit by it, or its gonna hit the shield you put up after rolling to evade the damage. We might miss the first hit or two... But we got 4 more hits in succession for a grand total of 6, and it links nicely to a jab, which is a nice start-up for our jab3.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey Polt, regardless of how good/bad the MU is, am I better off sticking with Wolf? I've been hearing he does nasty things to Yoshi.

Top Bottom