• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Triple R

Smash Lord
So I've started doing Wifi again guys. So far I'm trying to just do one match a day on AIB and GB so I don't get tired and mad with stupid wifi stuff lol. AiB has been going good. But on my 3rd match on Gamebattles, someone already disputed me...... :( I hate sore losers..... :kirby2:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yes, fromun. Wolf sucks. I go Sheik/Zelda against him if I lose the first match. ;__;

Also, Kirby's DA is pretty good. Punishes our spot-dodge, can't be punished on shield. The main way to beat it is to pivot-grab, but it's stupid to DA into one in the first place. We can also spot-dodge in between hits, though.

I always miscount how many hits it has, though. lol

EDIT: Oh, jackpot page. Cool. ^_^

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Kewkky, if you hit Yoshi's shield he can roll away from you unpunished. His roll gets a boost from the attack, and he can even roll off an edge. Yoshi's shield is bad only if someone doesn't hit it.

And Yoshi shouldn't shield-grab anyways (unless we PS one of your smashes or something). =P

Wronnnnnnng. Yoshis should shield grab more because it surprised mad people and it actually works sometimes. You need to work on your shield mixups.

I said you guys could roll. o_O

I'm sure he won't be able to roll unpunished 100% of the time, I mean... After you drop your shield (which after rolling shouldn't have shielddrop frames AFAIK), you'd need a fast option to stop us from grabbing you/ftilting you. A good pivot grab will be nasty, but that's why we keep harassing you in the air until you run out of space in which to retreat to, so we don't have to worry about this. ;D

I said the only thing we have to fear is a shieldgrab, but yeah, didn't make it clear that it's a POWERshieldgrab, my bad.
Well, we do have the tools to go through you back to the center of the stage. If you're air camping, we can run under you or Egg Roll past, which is actually a pretty valid more in this situation.

I can't picture it mentally... It seems like you're gonna be hit with something regardless because of how low of a cooldown kirby has when he lands while bairing and his grounded range:speed with his tilts, but hey, you're the one who's got experience evading attack that way so I'll have to take your word for it for now (not like I might be able to do anything about it anytime soon).

Our dash attack is a multi-hit move, so if we land a landing bair on your shield then immediately run towards you and dash attack, chances are that you're gonna be hit by it, or its gonna hit the shield you put up after rolling to evade the damage. We might miss the first hit or two... But we got 4 more hits in succession for a grand total of 6, and it links nicely to a jab, which is a nice start-up for our jab3.
Can't you SDI the dash attack to escape it?

Hey Polt, regardless of how good/bad the MU is, am I better off sticking with Wolf? I've been hearing he does nasty things to Yoshi.
I'm actually thinking the Wolf MU isn't as bad as the word that's been going around. It's one of my better match ups, and although we are beaten, it's not as **** as I thought.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
The purpose of my air camping is to make you retreat or commit to an attack (egg toss means I now get to refresh my jumps).
Lol what? We use egg toss to make sure you don't land right. Its not going to be thrown directly at you unless you're really far away(and if you were landing wont really help you at all cause when you get back in the air we go back to tossing eggs

Eventually you'll run out of space to retreat from our harassment, and when you have to make a move, I'll be at my optimal position, just hovering around your hard-to-reach spot, ready to land and punish with a falling bair/grab/ftilt/dtilt/utilt/fsmash.
im not saying that wont happen but 3 things with that. Upsmash will usually beat out or trade with a falling bair.
Also your air speed isn't that great so when we run out of room we can probably run to the other side without much fear of getting hit(not sure about that one so i wont argue if im wrong) But MOST Yoshis when out of room will honestly just go the the edge and ECE. idk how good Kirbys are at punishing that (fsmash seems like it would do the trick but thats about it).

Yoshi's shield is pretty bad (Sakurai and his goonies' fault), so we can usually hit it and only fear a grab (which we can beat with an ftilt as soon as we can throw one out, it's faster than your grab, and everything else you're gonna have to drop your shield for, which means frame advantage for us. If you roll, we either do the same again, or we follow you and grab/dash attack/shield dash towards you and improvise).
Assuming we're by the edge if you bair/fsmash/(anything with decent shield push really) our shield and we roll back we'll just safely go offstage and grab the ledge if we aren't by the edge we probably wont be shielding. If we were depending on what you hit us with a roll would still be safe lol

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Can't you SDI the dash attack to escape it?
Well, the point of doing it is to chip damage and make you get off the ground. of course, only if we're sure you won't pivot grab. Even Snake can pivot grab us out of our dash attacks from half a game away! ... But it's still good to know one's options.

Lol what? We use egg toss to make sure you don't land right. Its not going to be thrown directly at you unless you're really far away(and if you were landing wont really help you at all cause when you get back in the air we go back to tossing eggs
Then what do you do when we're near you, your back is to the edge, we're hovering above you with 1-5 jumps and could land at any moment to refresh our jumps/hit you with a bair at the most unexpected moment? Are you going to guess right every time? Kirby has the upper hand in this situation, and unless you'd want to trade an aerial with Kirby's bair and take damage (remember, Kirby's bair can kill, we refresh it with pummels which wouldn't be so bad if Kirby's uthrow didn't kill either), what other viable options to turn the tide around would you have, besides grabbing the ledge and hoping we mess up so you can go past us?

im not saying that wont happen but 3 things with that. Upsmash will usually beat out or trade with a falling bair.
Once again... Are you going to successfully predict our falling bairs everytime? You would only have 1 option (usmash, really you probably have more but that's the only one you listed) to our possibility of 4-5 options (land and regain our jumps then continue to aircamp, land with a falling bair, airdodge into you and attempt a fast tilt/grab, force you to take evasive maneuvers by using our upB/sideB as we land, or inhale as we're about to land to avoid dying to a surprise usmash at death %s).

But MOST Yoshis when out of room will honestly just go the the edge and ECE. idk how good Kirbys are at punishing that (fsmash seems like it would do the trick but thats about it).
We could dair, downB, fsmash down-angled (downB and fsmash clash with your egg if we miss, so we don't take damage), and I guess that's about it. We'll have time to think of what action to take since getting to the edge and starting to throw eggs gives us time to analyze the situation.

Assuming we're by the edge if you bair/fsmash/(anything with decent shield push really) our shield and we roll back we'll just safely go offstage and grab the ledge if we aren't by the edge we probably wont be shielding. If we were depending on what you hit us with a roll would still be safe lol
Ehhh. the whole purpose of bairing/fsmashing you near the edge is so you go offstage. Not gonna lie, and it MAY sound quite iffy (don't take my word for this), but Kirby is an above average edgeguarder/gimper.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, the point of doing it is to chip damage and make you get off the ground. of course, only if we're sure you won't pivot grab. Even Snake can pivot grab us out of our dash attacks from half a game away! ... But it's still good to know one's options.
I'm just saying, we MIGHT be able to punish it if we get out. I think I've done it before, but most of the time I end up getting dash attacked in response to a spotdodge and get hit by the last couple of hits. >_>''

But that's what it's for, I assume.

Then what do you do when we're near you, your back is to the edge, we're hovering above you with 1-5 jumps and could land at any moment to refresh our jumps/hit you with a bair at the most unexpected moment? Are you going to guess right every time? Kirby has the upper hand in this situation, and unless you'd want to trade an aerial with Kirby's bair and take damage (remember, Kirby's bair can kill, we refresh it with pummels which wouldn't be so bad if Kirby's uthrow didn't kill either), what other viable options to turn the tide around would you have, besides grabbing the ledge and hoping we mess up so you can go past us?
We have a couple of options. We can run under and just usmash away. We can run under and pivot grab. We can SHAD. We can Egg Roll. We can jump under you and uair, either forcing a dodge, or getting a hit, as we get to the other side (although this is a bit riskier. I don't really do this much.)

It really does all come down to a guessing game.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
If you're close we'll throw eggs in the way we usually throw them, you gotta understand that eggs are really more of a defensive tactic. As for other viable options pivot grab is always nice, and even tho no one uses it as much super jump should work too (i just had that idea on the spot so I kinda wanna try this soon lol)

Once again... Are you going to successfully predict our falling bairs everytime? You would only have 1 option (usmash, really you probably have more but that's the only one you listed) to our possibility of 4-5 options (land and regain our jumps then continue to aircamp, land with a falling bair, airdodge into you and attempt a fast tilt/grab, force you to take evasive maneuvers by using our upB/sideB as we land, or inhale as we're about to land to avoid dying to a surprise usmash at death %s).
You're starting to go more into the realm of mind games here. I tend to stay out of bair distance to not have to guess. We can upsmash you if you try to up b we can pivot grab the hammer and as for the inhale thats pretty legit the first few times wont lie but you can't always rely on that to absorb the upsmash while you're falling.

We could dair, downB, fsmash down-angled (downB and fsmash clash with your egg if we miss, so we don't take damage), and I guess that's about it. We'll have time to think of what action to take since getting to the edge and starting to throw eggs gives us time to analyze the situation.
We won't be there long enough for you to jump and dair us cause that's the expected counter. Idk how down b will work so I'll just take your word for it. As for Fsmash, Yeah thought so.

Ehhh. the whole purpose of bairing/fsmashing you near the edge is so you go offstage. Not gonna lie, and it MAY sound quite iffy (don't take my word for this), but Kirby is an above average edgeguarder/gimper.
Under normal circumstances a Kirby should never be able to gimp us, and i'm pretty sure i said we grab the ledge.

So I just ****ing ***** both of my tests today, and turned my mountain of work into a hill.

Discuss.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you're close we'll throw eggs in the way we usually throw them, you gotta understand that eggs are really more of a defensive tactic.
That's what I said, you'll be throwing eggs at us and we'll use that advantage to land a hit/land and regain our jumps, but then you said you guys would never egg toss if we're close. Which is it, man? :ohwell:

super jump should work too
Uhhh... You're gonna have to help me out here. I've never heard of a 'super jump' tech before... Is it new?

You're starting to go more into the realm of mind games here.
I'm trying not to jump into that area. Right now, I'm just comparing option pools. To me, it seems like Kirby has more options than yoshi in this situation, and with Yoshi's lack of solid options to cover ours in the same way as our 'jumping out of your deceptive usmash's range, ready to land and regain our jumps/land a falling attack' covers most of all the options Yoshi can do in that position to my knowledge (since we'll be zoning you until you run out of stage to retreat to).

I tend to stay out of bair distance to not have to guess. We can upsmash you if you try to up b we can pivot grab the hammer and as for the inhale thats pretty legit the first few times wont lie but you can't always rely on that to absorb the upsmash while you're falling.
Okay, that's good. Any option of Yoshi's that covers most of Kirby's possible choices in this position? If Kirby is hovering just outside of your usmash range waiting for you to commit to an action so that he can land and hit you while randomly landing and regaining jumps to bait a reaction, what can Yoshi do about it to harass us in a way that we will feel threatened whenever we have to land? I really see this as a very advantageous position for Kirby, and seeing as Yoshi's metagame is almost all about retreating specials/pivot grabs/making space between him and his opponent, forcing you to run from us until you're near the stage's edge is very possible.

We won't be there long enough for you to jump and dair us cause that's the expected counter. Idk how down b will work so I'll just take your word for it. As for Fsmash, Yeah thought so.
Under normal circumstances a Kirby should never be able to gimp us, and i'm pretty sure i said we grab the ledge.
I'm sure we'll never gimp a good Yoshi, what with his super armor, nice air dodge, and great second jump. We'd be doing it to threaten you into reacting in some way, and if not and you have the advantage the player will probably get desperate and actually try dairing through you.

DownB will break through the egg and keep on going. I use it to punish every getup option, or to bypass ledgeplay from non-broken characters. Since we have such a good recovery, we can afford to downB straight through the enemy in an attempt to cause some major damage. If we miss we recover, if we don't it means we timed it right to go through your egg toss and hit you before you regrabbed the edge. Not really reliable since you'll be paying attention to us as we're hovering over you, but the threat of a downB happening and hitting them while they're offstage is enough to threaten characters who don't have good offstage games.

Fsmash is just a safe way of trying to hit you if you get too close to the ledge instead of sweet-spotting as far as possible. If we hit you you're probably dead, if we miss then we clash with your egg and return to a neutral position, no damage done to either character (which means we're on the attack and you're on the defense, advantageous for us unless you predict it and run around us back to the stage by ledgehopping an airdodge through us while we fsmash).

IMO Kirby's running after you threatening you with his options throughout the whole game, and you're trying to keep him away from you and punishing his mistakes. Thinking top play vs top play here and trying to keep fatal mistakes to a minimum, it's gonna be harder for Yoshi to find an opening on Kirby's game and punish it, since both characters will be being careful not to make mistakes in which to get punished. Kirby's advantageous positions near the edge after zoning Yoshi away from the center force Yoshi to play a keep-away game most of the match, running to avoid Kirby's damage-dealing threats... Yoshi has a fairly decent defensive game which is very effective against grounded approaches, but Kirby only has to go so far in the ground and when he's near enough, he'll take to the air to avoid Yoshi's usual grounded defensive threats.

I'm not saying the MU is our advantage (although I totally believe it is, but I won't go so far as to try and convince you it is), but I still can't feel it being dead even.

So I just ****ing ***** both of my tests today, and turned my mountain of work into a hill.

Discuss.
Why do I never ee you in messenger these days! I need people to show the songs I like to! No one else in my messenger(s) likes metal! :mad:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*Also ignores that then there Yoshi stuff*

Dudes, I have this extreme super-***** teacher for my bio class. I have, like, 2x as much homework daily there than all my other subjects combined :mad: . Discuss?

2*2*2*5*5*13
It's cuz your name has A1 in it, but NOT because of the sauce!

Conspiracies, I tell ya.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I wish I could move all of these posts to the Yoshi MU Export thread, but it is a LOT of work to copy every single post, then edit each of them so only the Yoshi parts are the ones in them and then paste them in the MU thread. I don't even know if the original posters will be seen as the ones who posted them, or if it will be me who's shown as the authors, so I'm forced to leave them here. Good thing this thread is also known as the Kirby GENERAL DISCUSSION or else I would be ashamed of my performance here, seeing as I'm a mod and all... Dind't expect a full-blown MU discussion to happen here instead of the MU export.

Why do I never ee you in messenger these days! I need people to show the songs I like to! No one else in my messenger(s) likes metal! :mad:
This week I've been completely off of SWF/BG and MSN/Skype with the exception of browsing on my phone when I'm at my dad's house who has no computer and a recently broken TV just so I can do school work.

If you have Skype, add me. I'm almost always on Skype, since it's hands free.

Oh, and I'm honored that I was able to ****ing **** all of your tests.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
It's cuz your name has A1 in it, but NOT because of the sauce!

Conspiracies, I tell ya.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I wish I could move all of these posts to the Yoshi MU Export thread, but it is a LOT of work to copy every single post, then edit each of them so only the Yoshi parts are the ones in them and then paste them in the MU thread. I don't even know if the original posters will be seen as the ones who posted them, or if it will be me who's shown as the authors, so I'm forced to leave them here. Good thing this thread is also known as the Kirby GENERAL DISCUSSION or else I would be ashamed of my performance here, seeing as I'm a mod and all... Dind't expect a full-blown MU discussion to happen here instead of the MU export.
Dammit, my parents named me A1, and look what happened because of it...

You should be ashamed anyway. ^_^
jk, you da bess mod ever, don't taze me bro D:

3^2 * 17^2

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This week I've been completely off of SWF/BG and MSN/Skype with the exception of browsing on my phone when I'm at my dad's house who has no computer and a recently broken TV just so I can do school work.

If you have Skype, add me. I'm almost always on Skype, since it's hands free.

Oh, and I'm honored that I was able to ****ing **** all of your tests.
Ah, I see... Meh, I don't have Skype, I have a mic, but I don't want everyone near my room to listen to me talking in my room. And that also means I gotta download yet another messenger. I thought trillian had everything I needed (msn + aim + facebook + myspace + astra all-in-one remote-messenger-activation-package-extravaganza)... :(

And what do you mean by my tests? o_o

Don't feel TOO confident! College teachers are *******S! I have a specific story pertaining to this, but I'll save it for when we got smores and a campfire between us.

Ah, I see... Meh, I don't have Skype, I have a mic, but I don't want everyone near my room to listen to me talking in my room. And that also means I gotta download yet another messenger. I thought trillian had everything I needed (msn + aim + facebook + myspace + astra all-in-one remote-messenger-activation-package-extravaganza)... :(
I use Pidgin. It combines MSN and AOL for me, although I know it does more than that. It does MyspaceIM, Google Talk, and Yahoo!. It's a really light-weight program too, and I recommend it over any universal IM client you have.

I use Skype along with Pidgin though, because it's just so boss (and because Pidgin doesn't do Skype :().

And what do you mean by my tests? o_o
Read the thread title. xD

Don't change it though, it's funnier like that.

Don't feel TOO confident! College teachers are *******S! I have a specific story pertaining to this, but I'll save it for when we got smores and a campfire between us.
According to my mom, in la UPI, they never give you straight questions. But then again, that's another story that a campfire with smores could help me tell.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea the only reason I didnt jump into this "engaging" yoshi debate...is...because...

yoshi is an irrelevant character...I've only seen and played like 1 Yoshi in my whole brawl career and I 2 stocked him with kirby...and even then I use pit for yoshi anyway...

next dicussion...I didnt know yoshi was problematic for Kirby I just usually use Pit against Bad chars...lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
EDIT: Copypasta'd my thoughts on the match-up to the export thread. =)

yea the only reason I didnt jump into this "engaging" yoshi debate...is...because...

yoshi is an irrelevant character...I've only seen and played like 1 Yoshi in my whole brawl career and I 2 stocked him with kirby...and even then I use pit for yoshi anyway...

next dicussion...I didnt know yoshi was problematic for Kirby I just usually use Pit against Bad chars...lol
Yoshi is (going to be) mid-tier, so yeah. =P

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Bottom of Mid Tier...is not a big accomplishment

PT is bottom of Mid tier and HE still sucks...and I used to main PT...still do somewhat...kind of a tri-main process of Kirby Pit and PT....individually I would just main squirtle if he didnt have freakin stamina

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Hey all. I used to main Wario (well, I still play him, I use him as a secondary) and I'm here now in the Kirby boards because I use Kirby as my main now. I've been training with him for about 2 weeks. I've been getting help from ChuDat & TKO here.

:D Just coming in to say hello. I'll try my best to contribute as much as I can as well as absorb as much information as I can.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh, quite nice shift! Having Chu and TKO helping you out, you'd better satisfy my expectations of you in future tourneys! >:O

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you'd like to get better at Kirby, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGXC8OrsPQ. It won't teach you everything, but it'll introduce you to a few new aspects about Kirby's potentials and how to perform with him in a number of effective ways.
Very good video, I watched it til the very end. Then I wished as hard as I could for Kirby to have his sword in SSBB so that we might beat MK, but my Brawl's Kirby still doesn't have it... :(

RATED

Smash Lord
FUUUUUU, you know that I listen everything that has music in his "blood"! Don't make me go Rated on you IRL. :laugh:

Twinkie - getting those A's like Stephen hawking ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

also : Hi Kirbies, I dislike using your character. bye :D

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> More Kirbys??

More Yoshi discussion? Find the export on our thread list.

More TKO? He's black, I'd be wary.

Im ready to get BA @ Kirby.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
This thread takes quite a turn for the most random things. And nothing is wrong with more Kirby's right?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This thread takes quite a turn for the most random things. And nothing is wrong with more Kirby's right?
There should only be like 6 kirbies, one for each color and I'M YELLOW OR THE METAKNIGHT TEXTURE Nope, nothing wrong with more Kirby mainers! :)

Top Bottom