• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I wish. Sadly, I rarely am able to attend tournies since I work every saturday, ever. Seriously, the only times I get sats off are *sometimes* when I request them off, but more often than not I'm there from 11 AM to 1 AM.

Also, despite how much I work, I am poor, because I am an idiot and am reluctant to make tough decisions, and as a result am still financially supporting and housing my ex atm, and it sucks.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you want me to kick her out??

In all seriousness, you need to get out of that.

she is your ex...you shouldnt have any ties to her outstanding after the relationship is over...especially if she broke up with you. you still taking care of her is absurd...even if she's like giving you sex or whatever its still not enough compensation for you living an unhappy life because you won't man up and tell her get out...shes not your girlfriend (and even if she wwas she still should be pulling some of her own weight at the very least) and in reality if you look at the big pictures she probably cockblocking you from getting anyone else...nobody wants a person who still lives with their ex.

she has friend...she has family...they can take care of her...and if you are worried about hurting her feelings or some ****...shes hurting urs already..and i bet she doesn't even think twice about it (and by feelings i mean your situation with money and whatever)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'm w/ TKO; we'll go throw down and scrap w/ a girl.

Lol, on a serious note, it's cool if you can't make it: Where do you work, we'll go see ya? Heh.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FSEOLE_N9Q

my two mains duking it out... the best Fox vs one of the best Kirbys?

I haven't heard about MogX in a while, but if he's making it to grand finals at whatever this tournament is, he must still be alive and kicking :D?

edit for the rest of the matches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFIU1j-EsBU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM5jUMH-jYI&feature=related <-- insane ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZvdvLurnkA&feature=related

it looks like TKD was having a bad day for Fox :/ I've never seen him suicide before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtNhBHOTwY&feature=related I guess it went to game 5.. and TKD went Marth >_>

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man mogx with the crucial comeback on SV....loved it...but that match vs marth...that last part was unfortunate...lol

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey TKO! If you wanna be in the OP, change your icon to Kirby to prove it (optional ;)), and tell me your location! And if you want a pic there, post it here! ;D

BBQTV

Smash Master
are you joining pr's navy or the american navy? does pr even have a navy?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
PR is part of America. I have a social security number. o_o
I knew that, but I never really thought about PR being a part of U.S. military forces :O

Kirby's Epic Yarn looks so good. I am ashamed to admit that most Kirby games bore me pretty quickly, but this looks FRESH :bee:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
but your not a state though
I see what you mean, but we're close enough to USA to be considered a state in some websites. Imagine that. ;)

I knew that, but I never really thought about PR being a part of U.S. military forces :O
Well, what with us having citizenship it would make sense that we can join the U.S. military forces. In PR we're known as an "estado libre asociado", which means "free associated state", pretty much pointing out that we've got the benefits of being a state... But we also have the benefit of being associated instead of a solid part of USA, so we don't pay taxes and whatnot. :D

See our flag? it's got one star and closely resembles USA's. It pretty much means the same thing: we're a part of USA, but not close enough to be considered an actual state.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
JoWii, you gave me a heart attack with the MU post, since you happened to lose your laptop (I think?) the week I would be staying at my grandma's. **** MOVE, MAN.

So yea, I'm at chess camp again (I'm not sure if I told you guys about it). I've been on the computer for the last hour (checking up on email, facebook, FML, etc.) and my grandma wants me off in 5 minutes. Just some brief updating, I won't really respond to a bunch of posts (sowwy :( )

I played my 4th official game ever today and got crushed mercilessly. It really made me think, if most people start younger than me, and so few ever become masters, am I ready to attach myself to this? I got (more) depressed once I realized I would never be really involved with smash, and I don't want that to happen again.

Other than that, the week's been fun. My best friend's staying here too.

Fromundaman, I may be theorycrafting here, but I agree with the other (2?) people who've posted about your situation. Fix it, man :( .

Kewkky, I am surprised that you're joining the Navy. I hope it works out for you :) ! And if you die in some nuclear explosion, you have to scream "A1lioooooonnn..." as you die. And the person who tells me about it can't be offended by this post.

I'll try to post again tomorrow night, I should be getting active again after Friday.

It sounds like, from glancing over your posts, you didn't know what to do in life and chose the army as a way out...I demand clarification! :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
"...It feels like... pants...."

I laughed, but I don't really know why.
I lol'd as well on that quote. XD

Kirby's Epic Yarn looks so good. I am ashamed to admit that most Kirby games bore me pretty quickly, but this looks FRESH :bee:
Because most Kirby games are easy, where you don't even have to worry about falling off the edge most of the time, lol. This game you can't fly, so it's a little more challenging, IMO.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Whaaaaat

God****it why aren't there more Kirby mains in Australia ;_;
don't worry, I won't be making it to whatever tourney he's talking about :(

I'm not allowed to go to states I haven't been to, and Missouri is one of those.

....actually, I'm just not going. sorry :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
september 11th huh? I'll think about it... my parents are going to Chicago for a thurs/fri/sat in september, i don't remember if it's the first or second week though. Anyway, while they're there I'll have to be here to babysit.
hmmm

oh yeah, wifi is down right now, and everybody in the AiB chat is :mad:
I'm only :mad: because I brought a tv up to my room, and literally just brought my wii up here a couple hours ago, and it chooses NOW to go down. Like, I've literally lived in this house for like 6 years or something, and this is the first time I've had the Wii in my room. Though now that i think about it, I used to have Melee in here, somehow.
But anyway, wtf :mad088:

Error Code: 20110

There appears to be a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Our technicians are currently working to resolve this problem. Please try your connection again later.

If you have waited several hours and are still seeing this error code, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.
the thing about that error is that it says something like "wifi for this software has been discontinued"

and people were like "discontinued?! O_O"

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, I am surprised that you're joining the Navy. I hope it works out for you :) ! And if you die in some nuclear explosion, you have to scream "A1lioooooonnn..." as you die. And the person who tells me about it can't be offended by this post.

Hmmm, scream your name out huh? I'll think about it once the explosion happens...

It sounds like, from glancing over your posts, you didn't know what to do in life and chose the army as a way out...I demand clarification! :p
Not at all man. I wanted to move out of my house, get a job, buy whatever I wanted, and keep on studying something I like, but doing it outside of the military would've been pretty hard. This is my ticket to high class! I can't view it as an escape, because it's not an excape. ;)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
kewkky is right...i work for the gov't (as a civilian Calibration technician under the army)

and this is legit high class

I went from:
Living with my parents to Living with 2 roommates
Driving a 2001 ford focus to a 2007 acura TL
Going to no nationals to going to just about every national
Having just a wii and brawl to having a Wii and 360 and like atleast 10 games for each
Having like 5 outfits total to having like 20-25 outfits...lol

Gov't is good stuff

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
going to the right school and getting in good with all the higher ups (teachers and staff and ****)

thats not hard though...I just used them people skills...I didnt even do that good in the school I came out with like a B- Average (lazy) but this program came around and they were like we need a student trainee and the staff was like TAKE THIS GUY HE'S GREAT...

thats the story in a nutshell

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
take the---oh wait nvm you said work for...yea man i really dont know how other people get it...**** seems hard as **** to get a civilian job...I just got lucky

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Ah, okay, Kewkky.

Asdioh, any point to the name change...? Just showing off your premium membership? >.> YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON US REGULARS! NOTHING! /rage

Chess camp was fun today. We had rated games, where you get 55 minutes to play out your moves. I was placed against the highest rated camper (not to brag, but because I'm the best, but I haven't played many rated games). He had a few chances to get an advantage, but he lost them and I owned his face off. Fun :) .

We also played bughouse, which is a chess variant where you play with 4 people in teams of two. You sit next to your partner, and each of you is playing a game (one of you has white, one has black). When you capture an opponent's piece, you pass it to your partner. Instead of moving a piece, you can drop one in on your turn that your partner's given to you. Since you have 5 minutes to play your games out, and because of the new movement possibilities, it's always a quick attack on your opponent's king, and it's not uncommon to see all kinds of sacrifices to get your partner a piece, or see a king being chased around the center of the board. The counselors chose our partners, and I was partnered with an 8-year-old who'd never played it before (since I have lots of experience with bughouse). It ended up with me telling him what to do for almost every move, but we managed to come in first place and only lose 1 game of 8 (again, not to brag, but mostly because I was better than everyone else).

I get home tomorrow night. I'll start posting more then...bye, Kirbies! :D

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet
I lol'd as well on that quote. XD

Because most Kirby games are easy, where you don't even have to worry about falling off the edge most of the time, lol. This game you can't fly, so it's a little more challenging, IMO.
You know, how does Kirby know what pants feel like/ are? As far as I know, I don't think anyone in Dreamland or any Kirby game wears pants...

Top Bottom