• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno, Wario's not that bad. Just do shorthopped retreating bairs when you feel he's gonna get too close, or look away and utilt when you think he's gonna get too close. If you have to run him down, don't follow him directly, instead stay on the ground and only jump to intercept him and force him to attack/airdodge.

Blah blah blah, we'll talk about this when the MU shows up.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I dunno, Wario's not that bad. Just do shorthopped retreating bairs when you feel he's gonna get too close, or look away and utilt when you think he's gonna get too close. If you have to run him down, don't follow him directly, instead stay on the ground and only jump to intercept him and force him to attack/airdodge.

Blah blah blah, we'll talk about this when the MU shows up.
I'm not entirely sure if we're better off on the air, or on the ground ._.

Ugh. Wario's so good...Not MK good, but still, I hate going up against them.

lol wait, no one is MK good except for MK.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm gonna get 5th generation Pokemon...honestly though, I want somethind different. I can play any of the original games and, aside from graphics, my experience is almost completely the same (with a move effect changed here or there). I don't want to fight 8 gyms, battle my rival and beat the E4. Been there, done that. Make me earn points by, say, playing real people (I doubt this would sell, because tons of people can't access the wifi) instead of going to a gym! Program in the developers' teams for me to fight! Do SOMETHING new!

/rant

Shao, you're so lucky:mad:. I wish I had the day off to watch the world cup...and I'd like to see what scrubbiness comes out of this ridiculous ball they're playing with.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I'm gonna get 5th generation Pokemon...honestly though, I want somethind different. I can play any of the original games and, aside from graphics, my experience is almost completely the same (with a move effect changed here or there). I don't want to fight 8 gyms, battle my rival and beat the E4. Been there, done that. Make me earn points by, say, playing real people (I doubt this would sell, because tons of people can't access the wifi) instead of going to a gym! Program in the developers' teams for me to fight! Do SOMETHING new!

/rant

Shao, you're so lucky:mad:. I wish I had the day off to watch the world cup...and I'd like to see what scrubbiness comes out of this ridiculous ball they're playing with.
Zomg, I can't access the Wi-Fi even though I'm connected to the internet with my DSi and Wii.

Uhm. You get to ride a car instead of a bike, apparantly.

Oh, if you don't like the plot of Pokemon, why don't you play Mystery Dungeon instead ;)?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
: Harry Pottermeets Starcraftmeets Groundhog Day. And if thatisn't enough to pique one's interest....
Nope. Storylines play a big part of single player game experiences for me (though there are some exceptions, like Serious Sam and such), and that sounds like a copy/pasted Harry Potter story that would make me shoot myself.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby's Epic Yarn!

After 7 years, Kirby finally gets a home console game!

It's called "Kirby's Epic Yarn" and it looks absolutely fantastic. The yarn-themed game is so innovative it completely took me by surprise.

In this title, Kirby transforms into yarn-based vehicles including ships, robots, and the famous "UFO Kirby".

The boss battles look great. As you can see in the picture above, Kirby fights a fiery bird. Pretty impressive considering everything is made of yarn.

Kirby floats through the skies in UFO form. He is able to manipulate yarn in different ways depending on what form he is in.

This picture shows Kirby in giant robot form. He looks unstoppable, not even Bronto Burt can stop him! XD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
****, I'm too slow with images. XD

I'm am over excited about Kirby Epic Yarn.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Seriously, about **** time! I still remember the joys I've had with each and every Kirby game... I don't know what sucks me into them, I mean, they're all easy and stuff, but whatever Nintendo does works!

I wanna know when it comes out... I bet all the girls I know will go crazy once they see it, lol. :F

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hahahah, :laugh: the title is funny! But YEHZ!!! I wonder how or if they'll include the Wiimote motion into this. Kirby games rock!

*sigh* Whatever happend to that other Kirby title that was supposed to come out for GC? :(

Wasn't that a 3DS title?
Idk I didn't watch E3 I only read it.

Edit: Nope I lied.

And let me tell you, it's ABOUT TIME, KIRBY!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby's EPIC yarn. We need to make a meme out of that.

yeah I slept late and missed e3 :(

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I am mad disappointed in that new "Kirby" game. It's visually crap and the biggest problem of all is that it's a YOSHI game. Just think of the yarn as his tongue and you'll see it. He even turns into a car!

Anyone remember that 3D Kirby game we've been seeing for 5+ years now. Well, it's out the window now. =(

But **** YES KID ICARUS AND DONKEY KONG! AAAAND DONKEY KONG! Ninty brought it this year.
Remember when Ice Climbers were supposed to have a game after Melee? We put up with all those chain grabs for nothing. :/

I'm about 1 more tourney loss away from using a Dusk Stone to evolve my Kirby into Meta Knight.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ehhh... I wouldn't dismiss the new Kirby game too fast. I mean yeah, the yarn thing was probably brought about since the Wii doesn't have the best hardware, but it seems like it may have been well done, and to be honest, no Yoshi game (except maybe touch and go) has disappointed me yet, so a hybrid mix might not be bad either.

All I'm saying is don't judge it based on those pictures alone. Maybe it will suck, or maybe it'll be great; who knows? (Though it can't be better than KSSU)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'm really excited as to what effects can take place with the yarn. The yarn fire looks so cool. Imagine it with ice. Or what Whispy's breath can do! Maybe you can become misshapen to fit through weird areas? :D

Triple R

Smash Lord
I don't know what you people are complaining about. That new kirby game looks so legit. It looks so original and just plain fun to me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, it's not what was promised, and I personally see the whole Yarn thing as a way to help the game run well despite the hardware without looking like crap. However, this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has done that, incorporating a new game mechanic to compliment the art style, and have it work out really well. I still have high hopes for it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Considering all the other Kirby games get boring for me really fast, maybe the new one will be better!

>=(

haters gonna hate

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Here are my (expanded) thoughts on the trailer.

The game has been announced as "Kirby's Epic Yarn" at the 2010 E3 convention and it looks absolutely fantastic! The yarn-themed game is so innovative it completely took me by surprise.

In this entirely new Kirby game it appears Kirby's main shtick of inhaling foes has been replaced with new yarn mechanics. Kirby can lasso opponents with his yarn (complete with a star attached on one end). After reeling them in, Kirby can hurl them in his direction of choice, similar to what was done in Kirby Crystal Shards.

Kirby's yarn plays many more roles than a simple whip. He can use it to interact with his environment such as attaching it to overhead objects (coat buttons).

In doing so, Kirby can do a variety of things such as swinging over chasms a la Indiana Jones, or he can yank on some buttons to make folds in the environment allowing him to change the terrain (closing gaps or dropping enemies into holes). Yes, there looks to be quite a lot he can do with his star-yarn.

In this title, Kirby transforms into yarn-based vehicles including ships, robots, and the famous "UFO Kirby". The transformation is appropriate for the situation and simple to do.

If you jump into water, for instance, Kirby will transform into a submarine type of vehicle to navigate the waters. If you want to transform into a car, just make Kirby dash and he will adopt four wheels and start cruising.

The boss battles look great. As you can see in the picture above, Kirby fights a fiery bird. Pretty impressive considering everything is made of yarn. In one of the boss battles, Kirby fights a monster by entangling the monster's tongue with the star-yarn. These fights are going to be ... well, epic.

Kirby floats through the skies in UFO form. He is able to manipulate yarn in different ways depending on what form he is in. With the UFO, Kirby can 'zap' enemies with his yarn, which sucks them up into the ship. This charges the UFO's energy and lets Kirby execute a powerful electrical attack. ZAP!

With the power of yarn, Kirby can even take on Giant Robot form! He looks unstoppable, not even Bronto Burt can stop him! You can tell how much variety you get in this game when you notice all the different things you can do with each yarn transformation. With the Giant Robot, you can swing your robo arms around and strike enemies on both the land and in the air. Giant Robot Kirby can even shoot missiles out of his mouth!

Who's that in the ****pit? Looks like a Helper!

Speaking of Helpers, this game is going to have the same 2-player co-op play found in Dreamland 3. Instead of Player 2 controlling Gooey, the Helper is an as-of-yet unnamed yarn guy who wears a crown on his head.

Kirby's helper will be able to adventure alongside Kirby. His abilities were not showcased in the E3 trailer, but they're probably similar to Kirby's much as Gooey's abilities were similar to Kirby's in Dreamland 3.

Kirby will be able to interact with his helper much as he has in the past. This time around Kirby will be able to use his yarn attack on his Helper to catch him. This will allow Kirby to carry his Helper around and even use him strategically to reach out of the way places.

Catch. Carry. Toss. Profit!

For all the Kirby fans who have been waiting patiently for the next home console Kirby game, the wait it almost over. While the exact date has yet to be announced, the game debuts officially by Fall of 2010. I'm sure the launch date will be announced fairly soon.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
First game on my list currently is Kirby's Epic Yarn, though after today, I realize I'm going to go broke for buying so many video games. XD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I like how ***-* in cockpit is censored in T1mmy's post. XD

Epic Yarn looks epic. I demand a re name of this thread to "Kirby's Epic Thread" since yarn is a type of thread.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
IF YOU ARE A KIRBY MAIN WHO FREQUENTS THE KIRBY BOARDS:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10515461#post10515461

Do it plz or I'll kick you in the shin.
That applies to me! Please don't hurt my shins D:

Ehhh... I wouldn't dismiss the new Kirby game too fast. I mean yeah, the yarn thing was probably brought about since the Wii doesn't have the best hardware, but it seems like it may have been well done, and to be honest, no Yoshi game (except maybe touch and go) has disappointed me yet, so a hybrid mix might not be bad either.

All I'm saying is don't judge it based on those pictures alone. Maybe it will suck, or maybe it'll be great; who knows? (Though it can't be better than KSSU)
The yarn mechanic does look pretty cool. I have KSSU...I'm not that amazed by it D: ... *gets shot*

I was really happy with everything t1mmy had posted about the game, until...

In this entirely new Kirby game it appears Kirby's main shtick of inhaling foes has been replaced with new yarn mechanics.
WHAT THE ****ING ******** MOTHER****ER.

How can they take away Kirby's inhale D:.

(BTW t1mmy, I'll get back to your post in the Falco MU thread. Some time... xD)

Top Bottom