• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Thread title is pretty obvious, just that some people can't see it. XD
Holy crap, Viper. For once I actually know what your picture is xD.

Kirby deserves to be A Tier, he can survive at ridiculous amounts of %'s if you use him right. His inhale ability makes him even cooler, and he has some pretty solid smashes. The only problem I have with him is that I have to get up and close to actually be good with him.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Umm, the tier list right now lists A tier as "top tier", unless you want to go by how it was written by the BBR back then (S tier is top tier, A tier is high tier... Meaning MK is the only top tier). Still, Kirby's like one of the bottom high tiers.

Also, i'm fixing something that went wrong randomly with my laptop. Excuse my inactivity if it takes a while.

One more thing... I only saved like 5-6 replays in the smashfest against TWiNK, and I was pretty pissed at the moment due to how I had to leave the fest in like 20 minutes because of some 'unforeseen circumstances' that just HAPPENED to happen during the 'fest... The guy's great grandma died, so we had to cancel all the other days and head back home (and I absolutely hate being home).

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Kirby boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Kirby main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

Umm, the tier list right now lists A tier as "top tier", unless you want to go by how it was written by the BBR back then (S tier is top tier, A tier is high tier... Meaning MK is the only top tier). Still, Kirby's like one of the bottom high tiers.

Also, i'm fixing something that went wrong randomly with my laptop. Excuse my inactivity if it takes a while.

One more thing... I only saved like 5-6 replays in the smashfest against TWiNK, and I was pretty pissed at the moment due to how I had to leave the fest in like 20 minutes because of some 'unforeseen circumstances' that just HAPPENED to happen during the 'fest... The guy's great grandma died, so we had to cancel all the other days and head back home (and I absolutely hate being home).
I just got home now, and I'm most likely either start capturing them tomorrow (going to the movies with my parents now :)) The videos will hopefully be uploaded by Monday, depending on what I do. I'm glad that I was already warmed up for the replays. The smashfest was awesome, and ElDom and I have a good story that we're gonna post in BG later.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hello Kirby boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Kirby main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!
This is so random! >_> Who all is gonna do it? Are ppl gonna be mentoring ppl across mains or per main. I think the 10ish ppl here that are active aren't gonna mentor each other.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
J.F.! YO! Now I can annoy you both here AND at the OTL lounge! Not that I play Wifi (or brawl in general) much anymore, but...

Also, if either Shao or Asdio have/are getting Monster Hunter Tri, let me know. It's hard finding cool people to play with.

EDIT: OOOHHH!! I can hear an ice cream truck! Weird though, they haven't come here in years. That and it's not really hot out now...

Lulz?

BBQTV

Smash Master
i saw the karate kid today

and wtf to whatever that thing junglefever is talking about

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i saw the karate kid today

and wtf to whatever that thing junglefever is talking about
J.F. munah eat yo soul with that kinda talk.

And I just love this new movie. So original, yet maintaining the feel of a classic karate movie.

Oh wait, that's right...
dude I forgot that movie came out. I should watch it tomorrow since I have NOTHING to do. My only friend in this city that plays Smash went to a large Ohio tourney without even telling me he was definitely going >=(
I called him today and he was like "I'm in springfield" and I was like D:

So I played World of Warcraft but I'm kind of bored of that game again :[

Blizzard made WoW too easy with the most recent expansion. You know how Meleepros hate on Brawl because it's slow and "easy" and stuff? WoW's kind of like that now, except Brawl actually takes some skill, while WoW requires teamwork and stuff

blah blah

Anyway, how was the Karate Kid?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who's going to volunteer first? I suck at teaching so I won't be doing so, though I could try.

BBQTV

Smash Master
dude I forgot that movie came out. I should watch it tomorrow since I have NOTHING to do. My only friend in this city that plays Smash went to a large Ohio tourney without even telling me he was definitely going >=(

So I played World of Warcraft but I'm kind of bored of that game again :[

Blizzard made WoW too easy with the most recent expansion. You know how Meleepros hate on Brawl because it's slow and "easy" and stuff? WoW's kind of like that now, except Brawl actually takes some skill, while WoW requires teamwork and stuff

blah blah

Anyway, how was the Karate Kid?
it was fine. the had a wax on wax off moment which i liked. but i found it odd that jakie chan never fights the other sensei. this movie was like the first but they use kung fu not karate so it's only karate kid in name

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, you know what, you're all behind because I apparently already did mentor someone a while back... without knowing it too. That's how awesome I am.

Yeah... I'm pissed at missing that tournie because I requested this week off like 2 months in advance but people quit and I had to work. The worst part, they HAD to have me today, which is why the trip was canceled, but we were so slow they sent one of the other guys home early... FML.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I sent my PM like an hour after junglefever posted it. :) You're tooo slow --Sonic.
After junglefever posted it? well... Just to point it out, that there reply I linked was made in June 3rd. And today's June 13. AND I got a personal PM from junglefever before and answered it before he even posted in the Kirby GD.

Is that all? --ZSS ;)

BBQTV

Smash Master
i dont really care about where kirby is on the tear list because it doesn't make him better or worse. if 70% of the people are playing mk at a tournament of course he's gonna be high. but lets say for whatever reason people start to pick ness then ness will go higher on the tear list.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i dont really care about where kirby is on the tear list because it doesn't make him better or worse. if 70% of the people are playing mk at a tournament of course he's gonna be high. but lets say for whatever reason people start to pick ness then ness will go higher on the tear list.
Nope, that's not how tier lists work... Believe me, I'm in the BBR, I know lots of secrets now.

And it's not about Kirby being better or worse, it's about pride, man! Our character being classified as 'high tier' feels good because it means we're above the majority of the cast! Mid tier doesn't cut it for us, because we're really a high tier character that got bumped down because of some crappy circumstances...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277546

Ling got 2nd and he used kirby in some matches D:.
Very nice! But we all know that he's eventually gonna be taking 1st place consistently... ;D

At least he made fifty bucks, and is gaining rep! *goes namesearch ling*

BBQTV

Smash Master
the tear list is how often a character wins right. that means someone was winning more then kirby or kirby was winning less. if more people stop picking mk and pick anyone else wouldn't he drop on the tear list? like if he appears less and i mean LESS LESS he would drop because he wouldn't be winning as much so other people would go up (right?)

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
After junglefever posted it? well... Just to point it out, that there reply I linked was made in June 3rd. And today's June 13. AND I got a personal PM from junglefever before and answered it before he even posted in the Kirby GD.

Is that all? --ZSS ;)
Kewkky, I have enough money saved for a plane ticket to PuertoR. Do I need to come kick your shin?

COME! Fight me. --MK

All that matters though is that we rep Kirby boards; it's everyone's duty to their character!

Do I need to make a trip to wherever you are to slap you?

Tier list isn't based on how often a character is played in tournament. If you'd browse smashboards you'd know that there's a SECOND tier list for that sort of judgement. The BBR tier list is predicated on a lot more than replay value. Overall coverage of the MUs, move set, somewhat tournament wins, metagame, are just to name a few that I would think they'd base it off of but the general idea I'm trying to convey is that it's not how often a character is played in tournament.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Kewkky, I have enough money saved for a plane ticket to PuertoR. Do I need to come kick your shin?

COME! Fight me. --MK

All that matters though is that we rep Kirby boards; it's everyone's duty to their character!

Do I need to make a trip to wherever you are to slap you?

Tier list isn't based on how often a character is played in tournament. If you'd browse smashboards you'd know that there's a SECOND tier list for that sort of judgement. The BBR tier list is predicated on a lot more than replay value. Overall coverage of the MUs, move set, somewhat tournament wins, metagame, are just to name a few that I would think they'd base it off of but the general idea I'm trying to convey is that it's not how often a character is played in tournament.
uh dur of course it's not its based oh who wins and how often with a few other things

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
uh dur of course it's not its based oh who wins and how often with a few other things
>_> Are you like....naturally dumb? Or is this an aftereffect of too much partying? I'm cool with the second one. I replied to your saying 'if more ppl play w/ ness he'll go higher'.
That's not correct, ya dig?

Thanks for noticing~ It fits more with my gameplay.

BBQTV

Smash Master
>_> Are you like....naturally dumb? Or is this an aftereffect of too much partying? I'm cool with the second one. I replied to your saying 'if more ppl play w/ ness he'll go higher'.
That's not correct, ya dig?

Thanks for noticing~ It fits more with my gameplay.
if a tournament is 99% ness and 1% mk who do you think will win and the mk is not m2k. also i should have said in my other posts that all those nesss win

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
if a tournament is 99% ness and 1% mk who do you think will win and the mk is not m2k. also i should have said in my other posts that all those nesss win
You're wrong. If you want to know how tier lists are created, read this. If you are still wondering who will win our ot 99 Ness mainers and 1 MK mainer that's not MK, well to answer your question bluntly, MK will OBVIOUSLY win unless the Ness players are MUCH more skilled than the MK mainer. There's a large gap between Ness and MK because MK is THAT much better of a character, not because MK is the one used the most.

I'm okay with people being wrong and stuff, but refusing to look around and educating themselves on how stuff works isn't something I'm okay with. :embarrass

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Good summary, JoWii. We actually got some good discussion in the ROB thread, which makes me feel good.

Now... Falco... Whenever I feel like it... :urg:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol Kewkky's in the BBR. They just let anyone in nowadays don't they XD

jk jk, you probably deserve it.

But there seriously seem to be tons of people in there all of a sudden o_O
Like, people I didn't even know actually PLAY the game. Is there a way to see the list of the people who are in it?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
lol Kewkky's in the BBR. They just let anyone in nowadays don't they XD

jk jk, you probably deserve it.
I actually had to wear some guy's used underwear over my head, then record myself taking a deep sniff, in order to get in. I cheated though, I took one of my clean ones and painted it so it looked like the guy's, don't tell them I did it or I'll get kicked out please. They saw my red name, and previous blue name, then thought to themselves "HM,, red and blue makes purple...", then added me so I had a purple name to boot. Pretty sweet, huh?

But there seriously seem to be tons of people in there all of a sudden o_O
Like, people I didn't even know actually PLAY the game. Is there a way to see the list of the people who are in it?
Yeah, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264241... But the list is outdated right now, dunno when they'll be uploading it. Keep an eye out for the updating anyway.

Top Bottom