• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewk we're playing Monster Hunter at Hyper's right?
Yep I'm bringing my Wii. I would recommend you do the same, since the split screen mode is limited to only arena battles... And if you brought your Wii with you, you'd be able to start a new game and keep it in your Wii. If we can manage to somehow make it online (doubtful due to Hyper's internet), we'll play on whatever quest you can! I'm trying to kill 100 of each monster to get every title in the game, so I'm down even for 1-star missions.

I won't be able to bring the disc, so Hyper is gonna have to lend me his copy. I'm bringing my Wii though, with infinite replays and a capture card.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I won't be able to bring the disc, so Hyper is gonna have to lend me his copy. I'm bringing my Wii though, with infinite replays and a capture card.
Sweeeeeeeeet. Even tho we can't stream around PR, let's still ave a buttload of replays! :D

If you don't wanna upload them, a number of players have offered to upload matches for me in the past, so I could ask them if the offer still stands, then you send them the replays and voila. ;)

Oh, and Excel_Zero's suggestion... Let's do a tourney after the 1-hit Crew Battles! (which I'm saving on my camera)

... Do you have an MK Kirby texture? :(

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Doesn't Shao use one? It's always in his videos, last I checked... which was a long time ago, but still...

Also, sorry about last night, even with your gnarly armor/weapon, 2 targets means I get hit more then 4-man group. That... and I'm out of honey. And I'm only using Raithan armor. Not the best. Devil Joe G.S. still raeps. If you still wanna do more 'los, I'm up for it again.

BRB will vent teh anger at capcom

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, sorry about last night, even with your gnarly armor/weapon, 2 targets means I get hit more then 4-man group. That... and I'm out of honey. And I'm only using Raithan armor. Not the best. Devil Joe G.S. still raeps. If you still wanna do more 'los, I'm up for it again.

BRB will vent teh anger at capcom
Np, dude, np! You can die all you want (as long as you don't die all 3 times). And I went AFK for far longer than I expected, I should be sorry. : \

... and I'm out of honey and flashbugs as well. We'll play later, I'm owning some Ceadeus right now in the hopes of collecting Crooked Horns... Which is why this song's on.

Sweeeeeeeeet. Even tho we can't stream around PR, let's still ave a buttload of replays! :D

If you don't wanna upload them, a number of players have offered to upload matches for me in the past, so I could ask them if the offer still stands, then you send them the replays and voila. ;)

Oh, and Excel_Zero's suggestion... Let's do a tourney after the 1-hit Crew Battles! (which I'm saving on my camera)

... Do you have an MK Kirby texture? :(
I have it set to blue.

~Shao~

Smash Ace

raep

@Kewkky/Tater

I'm like... at lvl 2 quests (~5h playtime) from the village. Is is worth to forge like... Jaggi armor (10 def) and shiz? Or should I stay with the Hunter set (6 def)? And are bowguns good for lower rankings?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I, personally, stayed with the Hunter set until I fought the Barroth for the first time, then I made the Barroth set. You should make the Jaggi set if you wanna have it easier, I started upgrading all of my armor when I got my Hunter set for the first time, so I quickly got like 70+ defense early on, and the game wasn't exactly easy with me using low-level armor until like 3-4 bosses after I got it.

And well, bowguns will help you get through the game waaay faster.... But it will also burn through your wallet waaay faster. I'd recommend experimenting with more melee weapons for now, before deciding what kind of bowgun you'd like to start using (light/medium/heavy).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Since I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I'm going to wax poetic about The World Ends with You.

First off, I realize this game has been out for a while, but I only recently downloaded it and started playing it. Allow me to say that this game is amazing. Seriously my favorite DS game to date so far. It makes perfect use of all of the DS's functions (except the ****-tastic mic) without them coming off as gimmicky, which is a feat in and of itself IMO. Past that, it's a very in-depth RPG game, with a very original and interesting story, which I can't really begin to explain without revealing crazy plot twists (And I think I'm only 1/3 through the game.).

The combat system is also highly original and while simple to understand, tough to master. You control 2 characters, who share the same health bar, and fight the same enemies, but on two seperate "planes" if you will. Your main character is controlled in combat via the touch screen while the secondary one gets controlled via the buttons and fights on the top screen. Now this sounds simple enough, but coordinating everything to get 'fusion' attacks and combos on both sides and avoiding/landing attacks can be tough, and at times a little too complex, especially for some of the more attention-necessitating touch screen commands.

The music is annoying to listen to as well, and occasionally it can be tough to find people since there are always crowds of NPCs walking around.

All in all though, this game is, IMO, a must buy/download for DS owners.

Sorry, kinda ran out of steam halfway through the post since people keep talking to me.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I have no idea what either the MH people or fromundaman are talking about, so I'm starting the trial, pretending that someone is prosecuting me.

There have been numerous (pretend) claims questioning my knowledge of the subject on hand, the manga Dragon Ball. I am ready to refute these claims. I will overview my knowledge of the aforementioned manga:

I have read all 42 volumes of canon, written by the mangakya Akira Toriyama, twice or thrice over, with certain parts (mostly the Android and Buu Sagas) read more. I also have experience with many of the non-canon works. These include:

Cooler's Revenge
Return of Cooler
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
Bojack Unbound (IMO, the best-sounding title, but the worst movie I have seen)
Bardock - The Father of Goku
The History of Trunks (THIS IS THE BEST DBZ SPECIAL EVAR)

I have also read plot summaries for movies such as Dead Zone, Lord Slug, Super Android 13! , Broly: Second Coming, Bio-Broly and Wrath of the Dragon, which I have not gotten around to watching because of laziness/low quality of vids/inability to find vids.

If there are any specific questions on my knowledge of this manga, I would be glad to answer them in a later post.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I explaining how awesome The World Ends with You is. If you own a DS, seriously, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
DON'T ****ING AUTOPLAY MUSIC OMFG

I WENT TO PLAY WOW AND I PUT MY HEADPHONES ON AND I WAS LIKE HOLY **** EPIC MUSIC! IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THE PRE-EXPANSION EVENT OR SOMETHING!

Then I realized it was on firefox and I was disappointed in Blizzard for being such a crappy company :(

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
DON'T ****ING AUTOPLAY MUSIC OMFG

I WENT TO PLAY WOW AND I PUT MY HEADPHONES ON AND I WAS LIKE HOLY **** EPIC MUSIC! IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THE PRE-EXPANSION EVENT OR SOMETHING!

Then I realized it was on firefox and I was disappointed in Blizzard for being such a crappy company :(
LOL

It's a sign that you have to buy Monster Hunter 3. That's one boss's theme out of 3 (the battle's split into 3 parts cuz the guy's pretty big). ;D

Tiersie

Smash Ace
hey kewkky how about we do this

in the op we have all the regulars irl picture of themself. like for example a pic of BBQTV kewkky twink ect....

we could have a pic of us our name and who we play.
Didn't most regualrs already upload pictures? We could just use them, I know Kwkk Ladybug Jowii Twink me and NKN did, aswell as Kewkk posting a picture of his flirt :)

I'm back from Greece by the way, it was pretty **** awesome :bee: Didn't play beer pong though :(, I'll post more about it on request, still have like 300 posts to go through.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the music is still autoplaying. Sigh.

At least embed the video without autoplay jeez.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm going on a trip to California tomorrow for my brother's graduation :) . I'll post more tomorrow before I go. I'm bringing my iTouch, but not computer, so long posts will be a pain. I'm also going to Santa Fe at some point during this trip (apparently it's figured out, I just don't know the plan). I'm getting back Sunday, to a state SS exam and a math final over the two following days :( . There's also some earth science in there and a written French exam on the 21st. I'll try to post every night until I get back and talk about what happened (and post in the MU threads, if something happens).

Edit: While walking to my second class this morning, I sprained my ankle. I waited through my next class to see if it was actually sprained, then remembered I had a regents thing the next period. It felt a little better after that (I was still limping though). In 7th period, I felt a weird crack in my ankle and everything seems to be back to normal (still a little pain though).

...Just thought I would share.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This song?

best main menu music ever
Dude no. This is the best main menu music ever: (Too bad most of the music in the game isn't as cool)

And... I can't find it, but seriously, Elite Beat Agents has an awesome main menu theme. Instead I'll give you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZGzhsS-5I

Also, just warning you guys, I have some mod privileges on this board too now. MWAHAHA!
Not that it'll change much.

Oh, and this is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArsVKcZREQ

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, just warning you guys, I have some mod privileges on this board too now. MWAHAHA!
Not that it'll change much.
Warning?

I know exactly what you can and can't do... And I'm not telling anyone, except that I'll let you infract A1 for me for as long as you desire. ;)

Kewkky, how is the smashfest?
Norman's car is having a transmission problem, and we couldn't go yesterday. I'm hoping to God that he'll have a car today.

Did you play crews? Or that small tournament you said you wanted to do?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, how is the smashfest?
Norman's car is having a transmission problem, and we couldn't go yesterday. I'm hoping to God that he'll have a car today.

Did you play crews? Or that small tournament you said you wanted to do?
No to everything. I played some Brawl for like 5 hours nonstop, not passing the controller cuz i kept winning.

Anyway, hope you make it here!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Warning?

I know exactly what you can and can't do... And I'm not telling anyone, except that I'll let you infract A1 for me for as long as you desire. ;)
Really? I actually don't know what I can and can't do... XD

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Lol, the "trial was from back when I was posting.

Also, if this works, I will **** on Twinkie's controller express my excitement in a way that does not require the expulsion of bodily fluids.

*crosses fingers*

CHA-CHA TIME!!

Finally, something ends up working.

Say... you guys wouldn't happen to know if... *cough*badgatewayerror*cough* is still happening, right?

Top Bottom