• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

BBQTV

Smash Master
You are not stating the obvious, merely disrupting this trial.

BBQTV, this infraction was well-deserved!

orly? just so you know the reason i got popcorn was cause this was such a edge of your seat debate that i got popcorn to show that. so because you see it as something else makes it bad?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Okay, time to take out the big guns...

This is a court of law, and he talks of cookies! He is too distracted to properly serve here.
Prove to me that this is a court and not just an online forum for the Super Smash Bros series, and I'll admit I was absent minded.

Prosecutor - A1lion835

Defendant - Kewkky

Judge - Twinkie or NKN, depending on how their argument resolves.

Lawyers - We are representing ourselves.

Witnesses - No witnesses have yet been called.

Baliff - Asdioh

Jury - BBQTV

The people - Other observes of this thread. There could be thousands!

...Wait. I was BBQTV's lawyer (check the last few pages), which means he is the prosecutor. But also jury...I believe you may have a point.
You can't have two judges on one trial, prosecutors cannot represent themselves due to bias having a large impact on your decisions and questions (while defendants can represent themselves since they are defending and answering), and your previous lawyer cannot be a member of the jury due to personal bias playing a point in helping you win this debackle. If this WOULD be a trial, it would comply with all of the position enlistings and procedures.

Like, for example, BBQTV's jury duty:
Wikipedia]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury#Composition_of_juries[B]Jury selection[/B] Main article: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_selection said:
Jury selection[/URL]
Jurors are selected from a jury pool formed for a specified period of time—usually from one day to two weeks—from lists of citizens living in the jurisdiction of the court. The lists may be electoral rolls (i.e., a list of registered voters in the locale), people who have driver's licenses or other relevant data bases. When selected, being a member of a jury pool is, in principle, compulsory. Prospective jurors are sent a summons and are obligated to appear in a specified jury pool room on a specified date.
However, jurors can be released from the pool for several reasons including illness, prior commitments that can't be abandoned without hardship, change of address to outside the court's jurisdiction, and others. Often jurisdictions pay token amounts for jury duty and many issue stipends to cover transportation expenses for jurors. Work places cannot penalize employees who serve jury duty. Payments to jurors varies by jurisdiction.[37]
In the United States jurors for grand juries are selected from jury pools.
Selection of jurors from a jury pool occurs when a trial is announced and juror names are randomly selected and called out by the jury pool clerk. Depending on the type of trial—whether a 6 person or 12 person jury is needed, in the United States—anywhere from 15 to 30 prospective jurors are sent to the courtroom to participate in voir dire, pronounced "vwar' dir'", and defined as the oath to speak the truth in the examination testing competence of a juror, or in another application, a witness. Once the list of prospective jurors has assembled in the courtroom the court clerk assigns them seats in the order their names were originally drawn. At this point the judge often will ask each prospective juror to answer a list of general questions such as name, occupation, education, family relationships, time conflicts for the anticipated length of the trial. The list is usually written up and clearly visible to assist nervous prospective jurors and may include several questions uniquely pertinent to the particular trial. These questions are to familiarize the judge and attorneys with the jurors and glean biases, experiences, or relationships that could jeopardize the proper course of the trial. After each prospective juror has answered the general slate of questions the attorneys may ask followup questions of some or all prospective jurors. Each side in the trial is allotted a certain number of challenges to remove prospective jurors from consideration. Some challenges are issued during voir dire while others are presented to the judge at the end of voir dire. The judge calls out the names of the anonymously challenged prospective jurors and those return to the pool for consideration in other trials. A jury is formed, then, of the remaining prospective jurors in the order that their names were originally chosen. Any prospective jurors not thusly impaneled return to the jury pool room.
I'm not even sure what I'm trying to prove anymore. I started off arguing that you had infringed upon BBQTV's rights, and then I did some other stuff. And Twinkie's claiming I'm the killer.
You are trying to prove that I destroyed evidence, to which I asked for, and to which you have none, because the "evidence" that you claim I destroyed is nonexistent. Emotional appeal to the jury is not as powerful as evidence, as even a guilty liar can appeal emotionally to a judge. Remember?
Kewkky, I am talking about the private message you sent threatening to disclose his IP address in! He fortunately forwarded it to me, but you hacked into my account and deleted it. You are not only guilty of threatening to reveal his IP address, but also of breaking and entering my account! This I accuse you of, undeserving mod and BBR member! I demand that you are removed from both of these responsibilities and are replaced by one fit to perform those duties.

The insane do not know that they are insane, so how do we not know that you are not insane? In post #9361 of this thread, you clearly showed a sudden lack of understanding as to where you were. This is quite possibly a symptom of hallucinations, which makes you unfit to serve a part in this trial.
Yes, A1. That is called both "short attention span" and "joke", and in said post #9361, the reply was directed to a person which is not in the trial at hand, but merely a friend of ours that posted in these forums of which you believe is a real trial. Coincidentally, one of the next replies coincides with this one, so I'll continue during the statement, which is after this next one...

I am unsure as to how the first two parts of your sentence here are related, so I will skip over this point until you have clarified yourself.
To earn the title of both Staff Member and BackRoom member, you must show maturity, smarts, and knowledge, as well as depth in the languages you are most fluent in. How can you debate properly, if you can't get the proper point across because you lack the proper words to convey it?

So, how do you think I got elected for both positions? And what evidence do you have to back up your upcoming statement?

None of these definitions match any symptoms I may have had, though they do match those of post #9361 (mentioned earlier).
You know what also matches those symptoms?
Attention Span said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_span

Attention span is the amount of time that a person can concentrate on a task without becoming distracted.
Absent-Mindedness said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absent-mindedness

Absent-mindedness can refer to three very different things:

1. a low level of attention ("blanking" or “zoning out”);
  2. intense attention to a single object of focus (hyperfocus) that makes them oblivious to events around them; or
  3. unwarranted distraction of attention from the object of focus by irrelevant thoughts or environmental events.
Joke said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

A joke is a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous. These jokes will normally have a punchline that will end the sentence to make it humorous. A joke can also be a single phrase or statement that employs sarcasm.
All 3 of my examples can and will be used as potential explanations as to what was the drive behind my actions... My own explanation? It was a continuation that followed the one I was replying to's joke.

I also demand that the popcorn, as well as one "Rex Raptor," who enjoys making perverted, unnecessary, and unrelated jokes be removed from the courtroom.
I agree. If he cannot clean up his act and start posting like a rational human being, then he must be removed from this argumentative encounter post-haste.

Mr. Kewkky, if I may, could I please have that invisible cookie?
You'll have to defeat all of my points and convince me that I destroyed nonexistent evidence.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Prove to me that this is a court and not just an online forum for the Super Smash Bros series, and I'll admit I was absent minded.
Prove to me that this is not a court, instead of an online forum for the said subject! I am doubtful that this can be proven either way, and ask that this matter be layed to rest.

Kewkky said:
You can't have two judges on one trial, prosecutors cannot represent themselves due to bias having a large impact on your decisions and questions (while defendants can represent themselves since they are defending and answering), and your previous lawyer cannot be a member of the jury due to personal bias playing a point in helping you win this debackle. If this WOULD be a trial, it would comply with all of the position enlistings and procedures.
I believe you may have a point. However, this simply means we must rearrange the court until both parties are satisfied. I notice you did not object to Asdioh being named as part of the court, despite the fact that he has not posted here in some time.

Kewkky said:
You are trying to prove that I destroyed evidence, to which I asked for, and to which you have none, because the "evidence" that you claim I destroyed is nonexistent. Emotional appeal to the jury is not as powerful as evidence, as even a guilty liar can appeal emotionally to a judge. Remember?
So skillfully have you destroyed the evidence that there is no evidence left behind of said destruction. Is this my fault? No. I believe the jury will be satisfied with my earlier claims of how you are not trustworthy and believe my claims.

Kewkky said:
Yes, A1. That is called both "short attention span" and "joke", and in said post #9361, the reply was directed to a person which is not in the trial at hand, but merely a friend of ours that posted in these forums of which you believe is a real trial. Coincidentally, one of the next replies coincides with this one, so I'll continue during the statement, which is after this next one..

To earn the title of both Staff Member and BackRoom member, you must show maturity, smarts, and knowledge, as well as depth in the languages you are most fluent in. How can you debate properly, if you can't get the proper point across because you lack the proper words to convey it?

So, how do you think I got elected for both positions? And what evidence do you have to back up your upcoming statement?

You know what also matches those symptoms?
Your original evidence to your claim of my insanity was also a "joke," as I have talked jokingly about these giant rock buds of mine frequently in the past.

I believe there may have been some treachery on your part involved to get both of these rolls, as I was clearly better-qualified for both of them (with my superior maturity, smarts, knowledge, number of wives and remarkability for one so young, comparable to that of Clouderz) and received neither.

No, I do not know what also matches those symptoms. Perhaps you could tell me.

Kewkky said:
All 3 of my examples can and will be used as potential explanations as to what was the drive behind my actions... My own explanation? It was a continuation that followed the one I was replying to's joke.
As all of your examples come from Wikipedia, which is widely regarded as an unreliable source, I see no reason to accept them as evidence.

Kewkky said:
I agree. If he cannot clean up his act and start posting like a rational human being, then he must be removed from this argumentative encounter post-haste.
I am glad we can agree on this.

Kewkky said:
You'll have to defeat all of my points and convince me that I destroyed nonexistent evidence.
I believe the points have been soundly defeated, and I am deeply offended by your irrational claims that my evidence is nonexistant.

Rex Raptor, I demand to see proof of this alleged "bribery." Only after this trial, when your access to the court room has been restored. As for the matter of your deliberate grammar and spelling violations, they are distracting to the members of this trial and the only way to guarantee the immediate removal of the distraction is to immediately remove you.

Your honor (who may or may not be Rex Raptor) I wish first for you to note that by posting this in a regular color, I have drawn your attention to it, and second of all, I wish to inform you that I will soon be showering and may spend a considerable amount of time outside of this courtroom before I come back, and as such, will have difficulty responding to my opponent's ridiculous statements for said period of time.

Edit: I've been back for a while now, btw.

Triple R

Smash Lord
oh wow kewkky, Way to look up all that stuff and post that wall lol. Are you sure you don't have too much time on your hands lol :p

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I can't deny NKN's right, which is why I haven't infracted him yet (or threatened to)...

But it sure as hell is annoying. And is making me dislike him slowly... Come on man, you can fix this!

Prove to me that this is not a court, instead of an online forum for the said subject! I am doubtful that this can be proven either way, and ask that this matter be layed to rest.

Rebuttal?

I believe you may have a point. However, this simply means we must rearrange the court until both parties are satisfied. I notice you did not object to Asdioh being named as part of the court, despite the fact that he has not posted here in some time.
So your list is flawed? How it is written points out that you yourself made that list... That's forgery, and it's a felony. Why are you bringing false evidence onto this courtroom, and even more astounding still, dare call yourself an enforcer of the law if you personally break it whenever it suits you, like with your list?

So skillfully have you destroyed the evidence that there is no evidence left behind of said destruction. Is this my fault? No. I believe the jury will be satisfied with my earlier claims of how you are not trustworthy and believe my claims.
:laugh:

I rest my case.

Your original evidence to your claim of my insanity was also a "joke," as I have talked jokingly about these giant rock buds of mine frequently in the past.

I believe there may have been some treachery on your part involved to get both of these rolls, as I was clearly better-qualified for both of them (with my superior maturity, smarts, knowledge, number of wives and remarkability for one so young, comparable to that of Clouderz) and received neither.

No, I do not know what also matches those symptoms. Perhaps you could tell me.
If you really were joking, why did you insist on name-calling instead of bringing evidence that it was a joke, as I did? That was all it was supposed to take: find a definition, and bring it here, then say it was a joke... Yet you waited until I myself explained my situation before you defended yourself. If anything, that is not behavior a law-enforcer should be undertaking, and as such, is further proof of your lack of qualifications... And you haven't given me proof as to your position of "prosecutor", whereas all that is required of me is that I defend myself.

Belief is not accepted on any trial, A1. Only solid, irrefutable proof has a home here, and I see no evidence from your part in this argument so far.

As all of your examples come from Wikipedia, which is widely regarded as an unreliable source, I see no reason to accept them as evidence.
Read this article. Then this one.
Wikipedia]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia Because Wikipedia is open to anonymous and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborative_editing said:
collaborative editing[/URL], assessments of its reliability usually include examinations of how quickly false or misleading information is removed. An early study conducted by IBM researchers in 2003—two years following Wikipedia's establishment—found that "vandalism is usually repaired extremely quickly—so quickly that most users will never see its effects"[1] and concluded that Wikipedia had "surprisingly effective self-healing capabilities".[2]
Wapedia said:
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Reliability_of_Wikipedia?t=2.3.

The Gould Library at Carleton College in Minnesota has a web-page describing the use of Wikipedia in academia. [34] It asserts that "Wikipedia is without question a valuable and informative resource", but that "there is an inherent lack of reliability and stability" to its articles, again drawing attention to similar advantages and limitations as other sources. As with other reviews it comments that one should assess one's sources and what is desired from them, and that "Wikipedia may be an appropriate resource for some assignments, but not for others." It cited Jimmy Wales' view that Wikipedia may not be ideal as a source for all academic uses, and (as with other sources) suggests that at the least, one strength of Wikipedia is that it provides a good starting point for current information on a very wide range of topics.
Starting point includes such small needs as definition of terms, such as the ones I used. Where is your proof of Wikipedia being unreliable for even that?

I am glad we can agree on this.
If you agree, then why attack my point in the first place?

You should have been a responsible "prosecutor" and beaten me to the punch, thus proving you as an "unreliable" prosecutor. You are just waiting for me to state facts and then hopping onto them as if you were the driver of the whole discussion.

I believe the points have been soundly defeated, and I am deeply offended by your irrational claims that my evidence is nonexistant.

Rex Raptor, I demand to see proof of this alleged "bribery." Only after this trial, when your access to the court room has been restored. As for the matter of your deliberate grammar and spelling violations, they are distracting to the members of this trial and the only way to guarantee the immediate removal of the distraction is to immediately remove you.
Before he shows you proof, you must show me solid, irrefutable proof of your first claim against me, which was that I deleted a nonexistent private message.

oh wow kewkky, Way to look up all that stuff and post that wall lol. Are you sure you don't have too much time on your hands lol :p
Yeaaaa, I got too much time on my hands.... I have to defend my colored names, you know!

I should start trying out for pink again... I got bored the first time because all of the trial topics died and everything got immensely inactive.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I can't deny NKN's right, which is why I haven't infracted him yet (or threatened to)...

But it sure as hell is annoying. And is making me dislike him slowly... Come on man, you can fix this!
I agree.

Kewkky said:

Rebuttal?
I'm not sure what your point is. I've never seen those parts of the site before in my life. Wait, what site?

Kewkky said:
So your list is flawed? How it is written points out that you yourself made that list... That's forgery, and it's a felony. Why are you bringing false evidence onto this courtroom, and even more astounding still, dare call yourself an enforcer of the law if you personally break it whenever it suits you, like with your list?
I'm a lot like Captain Kirk that way, and let me ask you, WHO is responsible for saving the universe several times? Captain Kirk.

Kewkky said:
:laugh:

I rest my case.
Look at this fool. He thinks laughing is proof, evidence? This makes me sick. So sick, that I believe I may not be able to continue participating in this trial. The Dragon Ball trial from a while ago which we never finished, however, I would gladly continue.

Kewkky said:
If you really were joking, why did you insist on name-calling instead of bringing evidence that it was a joke, as I did? That was all it was supposed to take: find a definition, and bring it here, then say it was a joke... Yet you waited until I myself explained my situation before you defended yourself. If anything, that is not behavior a law-enforcer should be undertaking, and as such, is further proof of your lack of qualifications... And you haven't given me proof as to your position of "prosecutor", whereas all that is required of me is that I defend myself.
I simply forgot to list it earlier: forgive me.

Are you asking me to prove that I'm the prosecutor in this case?

Kewkky said:
Belief is not accepted on any trial, A1. Only solid, irrefutable proof has a home here, and I see no evidence from your part in this argument so far.
The "I believe" part of that was simply reinforcing that I agreed with the statement that followed. I presented cold, hard evidence that it was true.

Kewkky said:
Read this article. Then this one.

Starting point includes such small needs as definition of terms, such as the ones I used. Where is your proof of Wikipedia being unreliable for even that?
My evidence is that it is rarely allowed on high school- and college-level papers as a cited source, as many in this courtroom can attest to.

Kewkky said:
If you agree, then why attack my point in the first place?

You should have been a responsible "prosecutor" and beaten me to the punch, thus proving you as an "unreliable" prosecutor. You are just waiting for me to state facts and then hopping onto them as if you were the driver of the whole discussion.
Perhaps I formatted my post incorrectly, but I was referring to my request to have Rex Raptor removed from the courtroom, when you stated something to back up my belief. I should have beaten you to the punch on a matter that we both agree on, which has little, if any impact on this trial? What?

Kewkky said:
Before he shows you proof, you must show me solid, irrefutable proof of your first claim against me, which was that I deleted a nonexistent private message.
As I have stated before in this trial, your crime was commited in a way that did not allow for evidence. However, with your past record of crimes, the jury should not find it hard to accept that you are responsible for this one as well.

Kewkky said:
Yeaaaa, I got too much time on my hands.... I have to defend my colored names, you know!
You feel the need to defend your colored names...something someone who had EARNED them would not feel the need to do. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I think that, as Kewkky is clearly cheating at this trial, we go back to the Dragon Ball one.

However, I will have limited access to my computer over the next two hours, so long posts will be difficult for me to make.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I think Kewkky's won pretty clearly, all of my evidence is shaky and he needed to remind me about what I was arguing xD. DBZ trial would be super fun. I think I should first argue that I am sufficiently familiar with the series to argue about it, and then claim that it is one of the best manga/animes, if not THE best. Most of my argument will be based on purely canonical (manga only) evidence, which should back up the anime claim, even with its large amount of of filler and screaming. How should we assign the roles?

Ha! You thought there would be something interesting in this. I'm just posting to say that this is my 2^4 * 11 * 13th post.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I dunno...I'm trying to prove my point. Maybe the prosecution could be denying it, and I could be defending my claim? BTW, I'm now switching from computer to iTouch.
Let's remember that the main reason why the last trial failed was because we went to bed, and I went to another forum site, so let's think about this when everyone's here again.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You broke the color code NKN. Fix it naow! )=<

And now, I think the Kirby tournament results is going to look like crap now. T_T

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
You broke the color code NKN. Fix it naow! )=<

And now, I think the Kirby tournament results is going to look like crap now. T_T
<--Not surprised.

I don't have much faith in big tourneys that are filled with Snakes and MKs and Dedede's, oh my.

Of course, I laughed when a Snake lost to a Ness <3. Who knows though, maybe we might pull out.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That was actually me forgetting to put the /color on the end until I edited. xD

That's a lot of "now"s.
I see now, lol. Now I see that I said now too much now. =P

<--Not surprised.

I don't have much faith in big tourneys that are filled with Snakes and MKs and Dedede's, oh my.

Of course, I laughed when a Snake lost to a Ness <3. Who knows though, maybe we might pull out.
That could be true, but not about match up's and stuff, I'm talking about how many Kirby mains are in big tournaments, I looked at the MLG results and didn't see one Kirby users in that list, that placed at least top 50, (might recheck). It makes me think that I should had went to try to make at least top 30, you know.
But with a GC controller only would make me get near last place
. )=

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm playing Monster Hunter 3. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Well, at least I proved to A1 why I was admitted into the BBR and modded and why he wasnt hohohoh~~...

Top Bottom