• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm quitting Smash because I blinked 3 times in a row.

Come on everybody, join the Mass Kirby Quitting Movement!

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I'm still doing Doubles. Got 9th out of 32 teams (if you think that's a low amount, remember MLG orlando had 44 teams) on friday while playing atrociously, we can do much better and we will. Got out of a deathpool in singles, beat a TL first round then lost to Mr.R, the best marth and 2nd best player in Europe. Then lost a pretty close 2-1 set to Marc (he's a pretty well known super moderator here aswell as a chubby *******) to get 25th, but that set really reminded me why I dislike singles aswell as kirby in singles. He's just too slow man, he has lag on almost everything and gets pressured way too easily, it's not even funny. I do think he is a top tier teams character by the way.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm still doing Doubles. Got 9th out of 32 teams (if you think that's a low amount, remember MLG orlando had 44 teams) on friday while playing atrociously, we can do much better and we will. Got out of a deathpool in singles, beat a TL first round then lost to Mr.R, the best marth and 2nd best player in Europe. Then lost a pretty close 2-1 set to Marc (he's a pretty well known super moderator here aswell as a chubby *******) to get 25th, but that set really reminded me why I dislike singles aswell as kirby in singles. He's just too slow man, he has lag on almost everything and gets pressured way too easily, it's not even funny. I do think he is a top tier teams character by the way.
Hmm, I always thought Kirby was quite fast in terms of attack speed and combo-ability, and what with the whole "our recovery is awesome" business I really can't get around to disliking Kirby. Maybe it's his playstyle I like? Well it's more or less the same as ZSS, combo and string until they're at kill %, then kill with a spacing move (or a killing move, but spacers are more commonly used).

Triple R

Smash Lord
Kirby, slow? I guess compared to metaknight lol. I would have to agree that he is fairly fast with his moves and comboability. I actually find him really fun in singles. To each his own.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Everything I heard about you at MLG was you going MK. Vs Pierce and some randoms in the losers that got blogged. SOrry if I got it wrong.
Oh, I definitely did not go all MK. With that stage list I had a LOT of fun chaingrabbing with Dedede. XD

But with Pierce I did go all MK. He went Marth first round, so I sword dueled him and won. I thought he'd stick with Marth but he counterpicked me Falco, which I would have rather gone Kirby. Third round he was just about ready to stay Falco but in the middle of it he was like "No, you play Kirby! I'm going Meta Knight". I then proceeded to play the worst game of my life and lost. Lol.

I don't feel so bad about the loss, he was completely understanding about how badly I was playing - I think I was succumbing to exhaustion at this point because I couldn't even compensate for the lag anymore. Our matches were a lot of fun, though. :)

...but that set really reminded me why I dislike singles as well as kirby in singles. He's just too slow man, he has lag on almost everything and gets pressured way too easily, it's not even funny.
Actually, I agree with Tiersie (except I think Kirby can be fun in Singles). Kirby is slow. He's slow in the air and he's slow on the ground. His attacks come out relatively slowly (if B-air is his fastest attack that's saying something). I don't think Kirby actually has that much lag unless Tiersie meant start-up time or was referring specifically to Kirby's Smash attacks, or Specials.

And yah, Kirby gets pressured super easily. I think this must be the part that makes Tiersie not like Kirby in Singles. It's dumb that practically every character can pressure/camp Kirby and Kirby gets to do very little pressure/camping in return.

It's for all these reasons that Kirby's dropping in the tier list.

EDIT:
What? Chudat retiring?

Right now I'm going to say it will only be temporary.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Sorry to hear that's why you lost at MLG t1mmy, though it sounds like it wasn't a big deal. Good to know Kirby is still feared xD .

I completely agree with you on Kirby moving slowly, and most of his attacks aren't amazingly fast. But IIRC, Jab is 3, Utilt is 4, and Dtilt and Ftilt come out in 5. Aerials aren't that great though, 10 frames at least.

Chu's retirement might be temporary, but I don't think he'll come back as competitive as he was.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Chu's retirement- I like how in his podcast he mentioned that Kirby sucked in Brawl. He'll be back after he gets a job and stuffz.

@ Kirby in singles- .....>_> it's fairly fun but a secondary is necessary. I recently picked up Lucario!

Triple R

Smash Lord
I still don't think I could ever agree that kirby is slow and can be pressured easily. He has relatively fast attacks compared to lots of the cast. You want slow, play Ganon. He's the character that is slow and gets pressured easily.

Edit after JoWii ninja post: I actually don't feel Kirby needs a secondary. It makes it easier, but I think it's far from necassary.

Kirby isn't slow.

His attacks come out faster than anything Toon Link has. Toon Link's fastest attacks are Jab, Bair, and Nair, and they come out at frame 6.

Triple R knows where it's at.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I still don't think I could ever agree that kirby is slow and can be pressured easily. He has relatively fast attacks compared to lots of the cast. You want slow, play Ganon. He's the character that is slow and gets pressured easily.

Edit after JoWii ninja post: I actually don't feel Kirby needs a secondary. It makes it easier, but I think it's far from necassary.
Ok, you're right (don't quote because I never said it).

Kirby doesn't NEED a secondary but it greatly improves your coverage of the smash cast by giving you handfuls of better matchups.

BBQTV

Smash Master
twink and i dont think toonlink needs fast attacks, all you need are bombs or at least thats what i gathered after i brawled you

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, but on the later videos, you'll see that I wasn't playing really well... I really don't know why I didn't glidetoss up or down, and I was missing some easy-to-hit stuff. I bet it was the pressure of finally playing against pros who everyone knows are pros. :p

Kewkky owned Nope soooo good. That was a fun match to watch. ;) Your match against AZ was really good too, although I saw some of the silly mistakes you made (like trying to grab and throw a banana back, but instead, you jab and Fsmash backwards). Your tech skill is really good though. All your Z grabs were spot on.
Are there any more recordings?

I reeeaaaaally want to see Ling Ling vs. Warfy again. Such good times on the stream... :rolleyes:

BBQTV

Smash Master
Kewkky owned Nope soooo good. That was a fun match to watch. ;) Your match against AZ was really good too, although I saw some of the silly mistakes you made (like trying to grab and throw a banana back, but instead, you jab and Fsmash backwards). Your tech skill is really good though. All your Z grabs were spot on.

I reeeaaaaally want to see Ling Ling vs. Warfy again. Such good times on the stream... :rolleyes:
i wish i could be this happy with the kewkky vs seberik videos

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, there are more, but from the other smashers who went there, and I'll be uploading them over the night. Right now, it's Monster Hunter 3 time.

Was that a crew battle? Or a tourney match? If it was a crew battle, i'd bet $20.00 I got it.

i wish i could be this happy with the kewkky vs seberik videos
is there such things? :o
yes but kewkky thought they were recording when they were not
Yep. FonZ connected his recording equipment to our TV, and was messing with his laptop nonstop. I thought he was recording all the matches in his pool, but it turns out he only recorded his own.

What a loss... That was a good set, and I would kill to see those matches. I really, really played well as Kirby vs his MK. I'm telling ya, Kirby is high tier. :(

It was a crew battle. I saw it on the black and white stream, and maaaan, the entire stream was cheering "LING LING MI PAI!"

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In other news, I've started both smashing (wifi) and programming again! I have more bad habits than before and my codes more buggy than they were before I stopped, but I hope I can work those out.
Very nice! Keep up the coding work, download C++ manuals and every other manual for other languages, then work your way to the top of the programming world! If you get started at your age, you'll be freaking good at it all once you hit College, where it matters!

And yep TWiNK, if Warfie was the other DDD that Ling took down almost completely with just a single stock, then yes I have it. That was very nasty, veeeeeeeeeeeeeery nasty!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I kinda want to main Fox, because he's so much fun to play, but my Kirby will probably always be better.

Doesn't really matter though, since I don't practice or play, at least right now :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just want to say that I have officially landed a grounded hammer on M2K in a real match. Granted, it was a friendly, and I actually didn't *mean* to input a grounded hammer, but it still happened. I am also really disappointed that I was unaware the Wii in question had unlimited replays, because I really wanted that one.

I've now landed one on the top two smashers. Woohoo!

Top Bottom