• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have to do my job. The Falcons are tough to watch over but I still love them.

What have you been up to lately?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Overruled!

The DB manga has a lot less of the "Imma chargin' mah giant muscles!" stuff, although I won't pretend it doesn't happen. Remember Goku spending FOREVER going SSJ3? It takes him 4 pages to do it in the manga.

It is definitely NOT just a manga of people screaming as their muscles bulge (even in the later sagas, although there's certainly more of it) and it has a pretty good plot. The saga with the best plot, which also happens to be my favorite, is the Androids story arc (it starts here).

To be fair, there are 3 main enemies who had that kind of power: Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu. In the manga, there's still the "blah blah blah OMG blah", but not as much. That's probably because Akira Toriyama wanted each of those three villians to be the last ones in the series, but continued it due to popular demand (except after Buu, of course).

If you're talking about GT, then it's not canon and you're completely, absolutely right xD . GT is just a bunch of GI Joe people with spiky blond hair.

One of the best internet memes and mistranslations ever. xD

Read the DB manga. It's a great story and you won't regret spending a crapton of time reading all 42 volumes.
OBJECTION!
Your honor, this is a crucial part of the defense's case!
(More of a prosecution in this case though.)

Just want to say that I actually have every DB comic from Dragon Ball to the Saiyen series, then from the Android series to the end of Z in France as I used to be REALLY into it.

I want to say that you are wrong, and the "destroy the earth" thing started VERY early. By which I mean like first time Goku turned into an Ape early, though the first time it was used to describe an enemy was, if I remember correctly, for King Picolo. Before that it was the Red Ribbon Army and instead of destroying the world, they wanted to conquer it.
Since then, we have had, all the saiyens, frieza, androids, cell, that little guy who summoned Buu (though I think he wanted to rule rather than conquer), and Buu himself.

Also, as someone who A) used to be an english major, and B) has read/watched literally every storyline and a good portion of the off-canon movie ones back when I was crazy about the show (France was actually way ahead of USA on this for some reason, so I ended up seeing the show and reading the mangas about the time it took for the very 1st airing of DBZ on Toonami to get to the Frieza saga.), allow to say that the plots are essentially recycled. I mean, they change a few elements, but in essence, it is the same plot with different details (Sounds like Dan Brown...).

I also used to really like Kenshin Himura, then I realized they did the exact same thing, and that once you'd gone through 2 arcs, you'd gone through them all.

HOWEVER, I will admit that the original Dragon Ball (Not Z) did vary the plot a bit. It was also a lot more... mature... than what got to the States...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> I like reading manga more than watching anime: Naruto, Eyeshield 21, Airgears, King of Hell, Demon Eyes Kyo

But as far as anime? Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, .hack//Sign, Avatar!, Tengho Tenje, Nerima Daikon Brothers.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
OBJECTION!
Your honor, this is a crucial part of the defense's case!
(More of a prosecution in this case though.)
I'm completely unclear as to who is what in this case. xD

fromundaman said:
Just want to say that I actually have every DB comic from Dragon Ball to the Saiyen series, then from the Android series to the end of Z in France as I used to be REALLY into it.
No love for Namek? Or do you include that in "Saiyan series?" (This is hardly a serious question).

fromundaman said:
I want to say that you are wrong, and the "destroy the earth" thing started VERY early. By which I mean like first time Goku turned into an Ape early, though the first time it was used to describe an enemy was, if I remember correctly, for King Picolo. Before that it was the Red Ribbon Army and instead of destroying the world, they wanted to conquer it.
Since then, we have had, all the saiyens, frieza, androids, cell, that little guy who summoned Buu (though I think he wanted to rule rather than conquer), and Buu himself.
Goku turns into an Ape the first time here and it goes for a few pages and into the next chapter, but there's no mention of him destroying the world (mangafox's translations aren't perfect though).

When you say "destroy the world", do you mean destroy it like Frieza did Namek or the Androids in Future Trunks' time? Because Frieza, Cell and Buu are the only ones who showed that power (though, since Androids>Trunks (when he first travels back)>Frieza, the Androids probably could have destroyed the Earth, but didn't want to). I'm too lazy to read through all of the King Piccolo Arc, so yea...

fromundaman said:
Also, as someone who A) used to be an english major, and B) has read/watched literally every storyline and a good portion of the off-canon movie ones back when I was crazy about the show (France was actually way ahead of USA on this for some reason, so I ended up seeing the show and reading the mangas about the time it took for the very 1st airing of DBZ on Toonami to get to the Frieza saga.), allow to say that the plots are essentially recycled. I mean, they change a few elements, but in essence, it is the same plot with different details (Sounds like Dan Brown...).
Lucky french people:mad:. ...Er...I agree that the storyline is, broadly, recycled between Frieza and Cell (evil guy, destroy planet, pwned by Super Saiyan guy), but the stuff leading up to the final battle varies. The Buu arc feels like it doesn't really fit into the story, as I said in my last post...so I agree with you.

fromundaman said:
HOWEVER, I will admit that the original Dragon Ball (Not Z) did vary the plot a bit. It was also a lot more... mature... than what got to the States...
Pat-pat?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Does not like Dragon Ball Z. Does not like Inuyasha. Does not like Naruto... Does not like MOST anime like this.

In my defense the first anime I ever watched was Serial Experiments: Lain... And the second was Chobits. Ehehehe. I'm a girl.
Shonen aren't that great by all accounts. They're good, but there's much better.
That's why you watch them in moderation once you actually get mature enough to demand plot with your stories.

Which is why I only stick to one (One Piece) for now.

It took me a few days to reply to this, but **** you too, sir.

what up nick
And a friendly **** you to you too, good guy.

=====

No love for Black Lagoon anyone? It's my favorite anime.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm completely unclear as to who is what in this case. xD
I'm afraid I'll have to issue a penalty.

Goku turns into an Ape the first time here and it goes for a few pages and into the next chapter, but there's no mention of him destroying the world (mangafox's translations aren't perfect though).

When you say "destroy the world", do you mean destroy it like Frieza did Namek or the Androids in Future Trunks' time? Because Frieza, Cell and Buu are the only ones who showed that power (though, since Androids>Trunks (when he first travels back)>Frieza, the Androids probably could have destroyed the Earth, but didn't want to). I'm too lazy to read through all of the King Piccolo Arc, so yea...
Oops, forgot about that time. I meant when he thought Master Roshi in the martial arts tournament and Master Roshi destroyed the moon as a result (Which for some reason returns by DBZ, but I won't question it... Moons grow back every week, right?).

And when I say destroy the world, I *generally* mean blow it up, though either one works really, since I mean, future androids pretty much destroyed that world as well.

What the hell does pat-pat mean? I'm just saying a lot of the humor in Dragon Ball was cut out by the time it reached the States (at least in the show; haven't checked the US mangas) since it was a little too sexual for the target audience.

EDIT: Why am I engaged in this debate?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Posted in that thread too but...

Hahahahahaha!

You don't see the irony in this do you?
OF COURSE the principal would let you skip. Less students in class = less students learning = lower test scores = teachers get paid less = principal gets paid more.

While I agree it's a messed up law, I just want to congratulate you on doing the exact opposite of your goal.

BBQTV

Smash Master
the bill will start 2013. she wants us to skip but cant say she does

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm afraid I'll have to issue a penalty.
Your Honor! Does he have the authority?!

fromundaman said:
Oops, forgot about that time. I meant when he thought Master Roshi in the martial arts tournament and Master Roshi destroyed the moon as a result (Which for some reason returns by DBZ, but I won't question it... Moons grow back every week, right?).
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/dragon_ball/v05/c002/14.html

That's when he transforms (the moon is destroyed in the next chapter), and there's no mention of him destroying the world, only the crowd fleeing in terror. Maybe it's poor translating, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure they said that Kami brought the moon back at some point after he was revealed and before Raditz came (Gohan transforms during his training for Nappa and Vegeta).

fromundaman said:
And when I say destroy the world, I *generally* mean blow it up, though either one works really, since I mean, future androids pretty much destroyed that world as well.
Well, isn't the whole story of the Saiyans that they send their children out to conquer worlds? They use the moons to transform into Apes (or, if they're old enough, wreak havoc in their normal form), and clear off the population so Frieza can sell it. To destroy the world (in that sense), you just need to be a fair bit stronger than the strongest being on that planet (which shouldn't be so hard for a Saiyan to do).

fromundaman said:
What the hell does pat-pat mean? I'm just saying a lot of the humor in Dragon Ball was cut out by the time it reached the States (at least in the show; haven't checked the US mangas) since it was a little too sexual for the target audience.

EDIT: Why am I engaged in this debate?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/dragon_ball/v02/c001/13.html

For fun? And to acknowledge that DB is the best manga ever:mad:.

Edit: Nick! I thought Oak gave you a starter for getting all 16 badges! But he only gave me Rock Climb D: .

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, my videos are nowhere close to 2000 views. To be fair though, mine suck. It's either old Brawl matches, or old videos of me playing bass, and truly, those are just as shameful to watch XD

Your Honor! Does he have the authority?!
*Whip Snap* Shut it you foolish fool with foolish delusions of foolish autority! Enjoy your penalty, Mr. Wright.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/dragon_ball/v05/c002/14.html

That's when he transforms (the moon is destroyed in the next chapter), and there's no mention of him destroying the world, only the crowd fleeing in terror. Maybe it's poor translating, but I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure they said that Kami brought the moon back at some point after he was revealed and before Raditz came (Gohan transforms during his training for Nappa and Vegeta).
I know in the french translation, Master Roshi says he has to destroy the moon to stop Goku from destroying the world.
BUT, since this could be a translating error either way, we can just claim the first time is in the King Piccolo saga.

Well, isn't the whole story of the Saiyans that they send their children out to conquer worlds? They use the moons to transform into Apes (or, if they're old enough, wreak havoc in their normal form), and clear off the population so Frieza can sell it. To destroy the world (in that sense), you just need to be a fair bit stronger than the strongest being on that planet (which shouldn't be so hard for a Saiyan to do).
Have you forgotten Vegeta saying if he couldn't beat Goku he'd just destroy the planet, then firing that move of his at him?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/dragon_ball/v02/c001/13.html

For fun? And to acknowledge that DB is the best manga ever:mad:.
Fun, sure. Best manga ever? Not by a long-shot. I'm not even a big anime fan and even I know that!
Haha, also, I didn't realize that was the sound effect, but not gonna lie, when you posted a link, I expected the fight with Invisible man or when Roshi turns out the fire on the burning mountain. Very glad I was wrong, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to link those here :p

A1lion835

Smash Champion
*Whip Snap* Shut it you foolish fool with foolish delusions of foolish autority! Enjoy your penalty, Mr. Wright.
Au contrare (I don't know French!), it is YOU who is the foolish fool! You fool!

fromundaman said:
Have you forgotten Vegeta saying if he couldn't beat Goku he'd just destroy the planet, then firing that move of his at him?
Uh...maybe. :blush:

fromundaman said:
Best manga ever? Not by a long-shot. I'm not even a big anime fan and even I know that!

Haha, also, I didn't realize that was the sound effect, but not gonna lie, when you posted a link, I expected the fight with Invisible man or when Roshi turns out the fire on the burning mountain. Very glad I was wrong, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to link those here :p
My mommy says everyone's opinions are right! And since that's my opinion, it's right!

I think they cut the patting out of the anime, and they probably edited it so that the invisible man wasn't so explicit (in the manga, Bulma face is pointed towards you). xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You win for now, just because I don't know how to insert Pheonix Wright characters.

And by that I mean this trial was rigged and I strike it from my perfect record.

Oh yeah, there was definitely a lot of editing, both to make it more appropriate, and to edit in about 80 hours worth of yelling.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
At least you can get a 3rd gen starter as well :).

Meh, I have a lvl 45 Mew to train (Legalized, of course), I can't be asked to go back to my HeartGold team (Except for my Crobat)

Dude, you're going to want to use your own Pokemon for this, and not your lvl 100's. I got this empty feeling when I won with my Lvl.100 Togepi ;-;.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA

Am I seeing things or id there an invisible defense attorney? Mr. A1 and Barbecue (irony ftw), I will point out that you must be represented by a lawyer, court-appointed or otherwise, if you wish to defend your case in my courtroom.

Now Mr. Ninja K. Nicholas, do you intend to call the first witness testimony?

Top Bottom