• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~Shao~

Smash Ace
/JoWii mode on

Kirbycide is the ANSWER

/JoWii mode off

V2.0

Seriously now, just think about it. It could be worse. You could be in college and have to deal with integers, diferentials and all that shiz. Just be calm and confident, I know you can do it :D

Triple R

Smash Lord
/JoWii mode on

Seriously now, just think about it. It could be worse. You could be in college and have to deal with integers, diferentials and all that shiz. Just be calm and confident, I know you can do it :D

Not to burst your bubble, but integers are basically just whole numbers lol. If that's what they teach in college, why bother going lol? Differentials is really basic calculus. Who knows, maybe A1lion already knows all that stuff and has taken calc in high school (no idea how old he is).

Don't know why i wrote this..... Shame on me for taking calc 2 in college for fun :D

Either way, good luck A1

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't know you well enough to say I know you can do it, but hey, when in doubt, just Kirbicide.

You can do it!

Just don't get hit by Calculus... Calculus is the MK of math.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
My BF is getting a PhD in Applied Mathematics. :D

I don't understand any of it. I'm an art student. Haha.
I like pure math more than applied. Who cares if I can apply the math to the real world? My math is BEAUTIFUL!

Let's take this as an example. Would solving it help the real world? Probably not. Is it an awesome problem? Hell yes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
my brain exploded after like 15 seconds reading that

either I'm stupid, or the extent to which I don't care about math is mind-boggling

I prefer the second option

A1lion835

Smash Champion
So math is like an entertaining puzzle game for you?
Sort of, except puzzle makes it sound simple and for children. So it's like an awesome game.

either I'm stupid, or the extent to which I don't care about math is mind-boggling
Or maybe the extent to which I care about math is mind-boggling. Or both.

Dude, this is totally how I approached math in high school and college!

*kinda ashamed to admit that, but not really*
I'm not sure how to respond to that. I guess it's cool though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I like pure math more than applied. Who cares if I can apply the math to the real world? My math is BEAUTIFUL!

Let's take this as an example. Would solving it help the real world? Probably not. Is it an awesome problem? Hell yes.

No... THIS math is beautiful:

Seriously though, I'm with Asdioh on this one... After HS, I just stopped caring about Math, which is weird since it was one of my best subjects.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I enjoyed math up until Calc 2 which was the bane of my existence. I had to drop Chem as my 2nd major because I didn't think I could pass Calc 2 with anything higher than a C so instead of not being sure whether I could get it above a C or not, I did it Pass/Fail without ever knowing what my letter grade could have been and just passed it. Anyways, good luck with your competition A1lion!

Also ^ love what fromundaman posted.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Not to burst your bubble, but integers are basically just whole numbers lol. If that's what they teach in college, why bother going lol? Differentials is really basic calculus. Who knows, maybe A1lion already knows all that stuff and has taken calc in high school (no idea how old he is).

Don't know why i wrote this..... Shame on me for taking calc 2 in college for fun :D

Either way, good luck A1
I know integers and diferentials are basic Calculus (reason why we study them in Calc I), Calc II is where the fun is at. Unfortunately, my Calc II teacher was a little behind the schedule and he coulnd't teach us all of it. And I'm ashamed to say, last semester, I skipped classes like it's nobody business :x But I may take Calc II again, for learning purposes.

But in a competition like that, they surely would make a devil-like test out of it.

I too am a math guy myself, but I prefer physics. Solving math problems = win. Solving physics problems = pure win.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
So for some time now I've been uh, "lurking" these boards for some time since it seems that the Melee Kirby boards are dead, plus the setbacks trying to get a Wii and Brawl.

Long story short: I main Kirby, I have Brawl, I'm new here (sort of).

Expect me to ask some stupid questions too.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
So for some time now I've been uh, "lurking" these boards for some time since it seems that the Melee Kirby boards are dead, plus the setbacks trying to get a Wii and Brawl.

Noted :). And don't worry, we try not to troll here ;).

I'm also back guys, after completing every single game in the Phoenix Wright series >_<. I felt as if an avatar change is in celebration.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
What? I helped make that. :p It was my physically based modeling for games and animation final project. Haha.
It's an amazing animation is all...seriously, it's awesome.

You're banned!

Hi Mr.Freeman! I guess I know you from two boards now:). Welcome to the Kirby boards.

My Hair thanks you.
That hairstyle is practically a meme (Pegasus' body guard in YGOTAS, Tristan in YGOTAS, Professor Viper in GX...). xD

So...in my math competition. I'm not supposed to tell you about it because my team took it early (religious stuff), but given that none of you are taking the test, I'm not supplying you with any questions and this'll never get traced back to me, here it goes.

The competition has 3 rounds: Sprint (30 Q's, no calculators, individual, 40min, 1 point per Q), Target (8 Q's in pairs of 2, 6min per pair, calculator, individual, 2 point per Q) and team round (10 Q's, 20min, team of 4). I have a friend (we're the 2 best math people in the school by far) who consistently scores slightly better than me (1-3 points) on the sprint and target combine, and I think he did it again. Bright side, I got 3 of our 4 answers on the team round (it was hard).

Then there's countdown, which is basically jeopardy (question is flashed, 40 seconds to answer, best 2 of 3). We had 6 people, and I had to go through 2 rounds to get to final round. I have a reputation for blitzing through questions, and I lived up to it :D epicly crushed all my opponents.

Overall, awesome time, but my brain is drained out and I have some HW due tomorrow.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA

WOW, curiosity made me go to Google for answers...

(0.0) Kirby is scarred for life.

In other words, welcome! 2 new :kirby:s!

Oh, and ladybug's animation thing (what class is THAT!? I have to do that sometime) made me understand this

saw that in the "Related Video" section while watching a combo video

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Physics is way cooler than art.

*expects Ladybug to say something*

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0

Welcome to the Metaknight Kirby boards!

I bought a Kirby plush today?

Top Bottom