• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Apparently there's a tourney in Pwnce on the 4th or something. Is that worth traveling for, or should I just stay here?
I haven't heard anything about a tourney in Ponce, and I live there. D:

Hmm... I'ma spend some time looking around for info.. The 4th is a thursday, so i find it highly improbable. :/

Triple R

Smash Lord
So what are the normal rules for swallocides on last stock in tournies. I know some people go by the percent. Then you have AIB rules where the person who does it wins. I just want to know the norm. Moe didn't have any rules posted for swallocides, so when I did that he gave me the win. Can someone let me in on what bigger tournies usually say?

Edit: I just looked at the SBR recommended ruleset, and they make no mention of swallocides. We should push them to put an official stance on it or something. I also looked at tourny threads and some give swallocides the win, while others make no mention.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, sometimes it isn't defined :/ they mention Bowser, but not Kirby and Dedede usually.

Pretty fail to not have it mentioned. I personally think (and my opinion is right btw) that if it ends in sudden death, whoever initiated the 'cide wins. If Kirby died a split second before MK, MK wins.

It's risky..

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, sometimes it isn't defined :/ they mention Bowser, but not Kirby and Dedede usually.

Pretty fail to not have it mentioned. I personally think (and my opinion is right btw) that if it ends in sudden death, whoever initiated the 'cide wins. If Kirby died a split second before MK, MK wins.

It's risky..
It's even worse for Ganondorf, since he usually loses (according to the game) if he does a Ganoncide, and since there's no official rule on it... :(

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So what are the normal rules for swallocides on last stock in tournies. I know some people go by the percent. Then you have AIB rules where the person who does it wins. I just want to know the norm. Moe didn't have any rules posted for swallocides, so when I did that he gave me the win. Can someone let me in on what bigger tournies usually say?

Edit: I just looked at the SBR recommended ruleset, and they make no mention of swallocides. We should push them to put an official stance on it or something. I also looked at tourny threads and some give swallocides the win, while others make no mention.
First off.... THE ****ING ANSWER. That's how you solve the MK equation (against a scrubbier MK).

Second, I think most people on Smashboards count 'cides for the intitator.( Bowsercide, Ganoncide, De3side, Kirbicide.)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Who are Notable people at that tournament That Triple R Won... and like how many entrants... you should send the link of the bracket and everything to Rajam if it isn't already done... They are ranking the entire smash community just in case no one was aware... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

We need some more Kirby players on that list...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Who are Notable people at that tournament That Triple R Won... and like how many entrants... you should send the link of the bracket and everything to Rajam if it isn't already done... They are ranking the entire smash community just in case no one was aware... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

We need some more Kirby players on that list...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267054 it was a local and Ocho lost the files for the brackets and what not.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So am I. You can ask other people as proof as well. This calls for shadow Kirby:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I consider myself the
3rd
best Kirby!
i still haven't played against enough USA peeps nor seen YbM + CHuDat play in person enough to try and take the title

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's true, Viper is black irl.
So is Y.b.M.

And I dunno who else is black and mains Kirby.

Viper makes a pretty good doubles partner though.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Well, I'm the best Kirby because I get at least one **** moment in almost every game I play (seriously).

Also, I JV 3-stocked this mk on brinstar in a little less than a minute last thursday. I call the entire game the "Lion Combo Unleashed to the Max Super Saiyan 3 Version of Absolutely Fatal DEATH!!"

In addition, I not only main Kirby (a mid-tier), but I main him on WIFI, where he sucks. And I don't have a second (you have no idea how well I played against snakes before I pretty much stopped playing smash).

...So yea, I'm the best Kirby.

Edit: Also, since the most knowledgeable players of the US (and Canada) tend to go to SWF and AiB, and the most knowledgeable Kirbies tend to go to the Kirby forums, and I am one of the most knowledgeable people on those forums about final cutter and stone (or at least talk about it the most), I am the most knowledgeable person on FC and stone in an area of land over half the size of North America.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Why don't all of us Kirby forum mains meet @ a legit tournament for like...a round robin Kirby tournament?

(Or @ least a majority of us since the PR Kirbies can't join)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
>_> Why don't all of us Kirby forum mains meet @ a legit tournament for like...a round robin Kirby tournament?

I'd lose. I suck at Kirby dittoes. I have ZSS for a reason. :bee:

Y.b.M.

Smash Master

This is why everyone should attend this tournament http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409

This tournament is in June, so everyone has plenty of time to save up there money to attend this. This will be ran by the best TO's you never met...Trust that. It's going to be so much fun outside of the tournament as well.. For those that are of age, they have an open bar, in door swimming pool, etc.. But just Subscribe to that thread and you won't be disappointed..

I don't mind doing a Round Robin but also, I don't really wanna prove anything to anyone about Kirby... It is what it is... Results, Consistency, and constant upsets speak for themselves. If you think your the best Kirby then show some results that are worth seeing. I'm pass the "I need to prove myself with Kirby" faze. That's why I picked up ZSS, and now I'm the best ZSS in the Midwest but I still need to prove myself with her IMO to the Top ZSS players, for me to be satisfied....

But that's my views.

I continue to practice, study videos, and learn different ways to approach Match Ups. Always keep your opponent guessing a remain unpredictable by breaking bad habits. Those are the key things... also, never get discouraged and let doubt enter your mind regardless of how bad the match is going..

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
This is why everyone should attend this tournament http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409

This tournament is in June, so everyone has plenty of time to save up there money to attend this. This will be ran by the best TO's you never met...Trust that. It's going to be so much fun outside of the tournament as well.. For those that are of age, they have an open bar, in door swimming pool, etc.. But just Subscribe to that thread and you won't be disappointed..

I don't mind doing a Round Robin but also, I don't really wanna prove anything to anyone about Kirby... It is what it is... Results, Consistency, and constant upsets speak for themselves. If you think your the best Kirby then show some results that are worth seeing. I'm pass the "I need to prove myself with Kirby" faze. That's why I picked up ZSS, and now I'm the best ZSS in the Midwest but I still need to prove myself with her IMO to the Top ZSS players, for me to be satisfied....

But that's my views.

I continue to practice, study videos, and learn different ways to approach Match Ups. Always keep your opponent guessing a remain unpredictable by breaking bad habits. Those are the key things... also, never get discouraged and let doubt enter your mind regardless of how bad the match is going..
Alright. I'ma go ahead and say that I'll try to be there. The reason I say do a round robin is just so we can socialize a bit and say 'Hey, I'm played my fellow Kirby mains who I talk with on Smashboards'.

@Y.b.M. - I play Kirby because of THE ANSWER. I agree that consistency of results is how the best are determined but the idea wasn't to determine who the best kirby was. I kinda just wanna gather all the Kirby mains. :]

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
YbM, I wanna see your ZSS in action next time I go to USA for a large tourney. I wanna see how far you've taken her (if ya know what I mean) and how it's affected your Kirby's playstyle. Man, I can see your reaction speed climbing the more you use her.

I was pretty disappointed at Pound4, but I still have my head up high, and will play better next time no doubt! And give my ZSS some gametime in the tourneys (I should've gone her against Fonz and Pierce but ah well), only love I showed her was friendlies back then...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wonder what YbM thinks about the MK-ban issue. I know he beats some Metaknights, including some of the better ones in our region, but I wonder what players/characters he loses to in tourneys (besides M2k all the time lol)

*wonders aloud in this thread in the hopes that he'll read it instead of just asking him*

I think I should pick up Samus for the ZSS matchup. What do you guys think, there are no flaws in that plan right?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
@JoWii- Yea, it would be nice to meet all the Kirby Mains. We should all take a picture together... That would be to epic. We can also learn a lot of different things from one another as well, so I look forward to that.

@Kewkky- You have to come back to the US.. PR is to cool. I got some video footage of you when we were eating at Ihop...Fun times.

I channel into my characters true potential when I play with them in tournaments. That's why when I play in pools/bracket matches... I stay with her regardless of who I'm playing even if it's a bad match up, Like falco. I remember someone saying to me on the Kirby Boards... that I need a secondary if I want to defeat Ice Climbers since I main Kirby. And I ended up beating the best Ice Climbers player in the Country, possibly with World, WITH KIRBY ONLY!!! You learn from experience. Friendlies and MMs are cool... but they don't have the same intensity a bracket match has. I've gotten better at her downB spike... although I don't do it how you suggested it... But I'm still working on it. But I've beaten a lot of my States Top Ranking players with her. Playing with her kinda does change up how I do things with Kirby... So It kinda helps.

We learn from our mistakes... and at Pound, you probably would have did better if you used ZSS at some points... But you'll bounce back... Pools were tough, really tough so it's all good.

@Asdioh- Silly Wes haha... I guess I'll take that as a question.. haha

I personallly dislike MK and I would like him banned. The only Meta I know I probably won't beat in a tournament match is M2kay. He freaking 6 stocked (meaning both games I never took a stock off) me 2 weeks ago at VG Bootcamp. Or even if he doesn't get banned at least temporarily Ban him For like half a year or something. To me that seems fair since majority of the competitive brawl community wants him banned.

I Lose to Blue Rogue although me and him go back and forth at Times, he plays Wario
I lose to Infern Angelis sometimes... He plays Snake
I lose to AZ, He plays Diddy Kong
ummm those are like the only people I lose to normally in brackets... besides L@in and Judg3. I haven't went gon Zero Suit on any of them yet in brackets... but I think I will this weekend.

Also, you shouldn't let match up Ratios influence your decision on who you play. I feel like the player is the one who should allow the character to excel beyond expectations. I also play Shiek and DDD....

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Y.b.M. - I actually have played a friendly with you I think. @ Kakuna Matata? I played Smash64 there I remember. And I came with Legan and the StL crowd.

@ the kirby boards. - We need a Kirby gathering!!!! I'm a TX brawler but hell, I'll drive anywhere for Brawl and/or a Kirby gathering.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
hmmm.... I think I may have played you... I don't remember though, but i was at that tournament...and got 2nd place that day...

Radium88

Smash Lord
Sooo....much to read......

ahhh...that means we need more Kirby Mains to do well in more tournaments... I guess I'll have to start training some... Radium is under my wing, we're drifting pretty well.. Asdioh come to more tournaments and we can make something happen, Fromundaman you need to come to more tournaments so we can make it happen no homo... It's funny you make it to Pound 4... but never anything Local.... Try to come to Nope's Monthly M2K and Ally will be there... So we can shoot for 3rd place haha
Lawl, you're intimidating when you yell at me though....

Lol the only competitive Kirbies right now that place well are Chu Dat and some other guy I don't remember
ummm... That other guy... his name is Y.b.M.
lol...
I lawled.

I second this...the meeting up part because I suck at Kirby dittos.

Can someone explain the whole Final Cutter spiking someone who is ledgegrabbing? Does it have to be done at the very edge of the stage? or does it have to be a "tipper"? I read someone post about knowing the Final Cutter and Rock. I know it's hard to land because of the invincibility frame when ledgegrabbing and such but yeah...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey I lose to AZ too :D

He said don't worry though, it took you a bunch of tries to beat him. I'm 0-3 against him but last monthly I did much better than I ever had before, I don't fear the Diddy matchup like I used to. The only character I feel like I won't beat unless I outplay them every second of the match is MK :/
And let's be realistic, having to outthink your opponent EVERY SECOND of the match is exhausting :[ and MK has a lot more room for mistakes, argh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an3xN3RpaHs

That was a cool match, but all MK had to do was tornado more and he could have won, lol.

Can someone explain the whole Final Cutter spiking someone who is ledgegrabbing? Does it have to be done at the very edge of the stage? or does it have to be a "tipper"? I read someone post about knowing the Final Cutter and Rock. I know it's hard to land because of the invincibility frame when ledgegrabbing and such but yeah...
Don't worry about it. FC spike has a set knockback, so even at high % any character that matters will recover if they react in time. If you're offstage when you try it you risk death if edgehogged, and if you're onstage when you try it you risk punishment because of how laggy it is.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

But that's my views.

Agreed, everybody should show up there (Yeah, I'll manage to make another national while missing every regional/local in the last 4 months. SHHHH!).

Personally I find Kirby dittos boring...

Heh, Y.b.M., I didn't expect you to be pro-ban actually, though then again, more and more people are getting there it seems.

lulz @ anti-namesearch for all non-God Kais.

Doesn't 0S go back and forth with you too?

Top Bottom