• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Arcade

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, Tilt 'n' Tumble.. never played that game. You'd think it'd be a shoe-in for the Wii.

Actually that sounds like a rapetastically good WiiWare game.

KIRBY WII. WHERE IS IT, NINTENDO. I'M STILL WAITING.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well, a friend told me some things about SNO so I posted something on vm's like "you seem like a very angry person". Oh she was livid.

Course she deleted the vm's I posted. She's really cool like that. At one point she replied with some ****ty song titled "**** you very much", showing that she is very mature and cool.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
My God guys, 6 new pages since I left for bed? Impressive, I actually read through them all aswell :laugh:

I think I'm going to get a stroke if I read this thread too often.

Sniper Night Owl makes me want to get premium. I didn't know someone that angry existed on SWF, Jeeeeessuuuus.
Yes, YES!

I agree with you on all your posts.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Also, I just want to say that the Kirby boards are dead because we pretty much covered all there was to cover on him, to my knowledge. My point is, I just feel kind of left out when you guys say you are the community now, even though, you know, pretty much all the info you really need (except MU info, which is always changing) was already covered and written down by the older forum-goers. :(
QFT

The he... HOW MANY CHARACTER BOARDS DID YOU GUYS INVITE!? This was supposed to be a joke because we had nothing to talk about...

Oh great, you too Tiersie? It's not like we have a surplus of Kirbies and we need to get rid of some...

Also, SpaceBalls for the win.
That was my reaction. And to whoever it was who was confused why we all talk about 4chan, it pretty much started when you guys came over:laugh:.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Good new everyone!!!! I finally won my first tourny. Unfortunately it was only a local Minnesota one. But basically that means I secured my spot as one of the best in Minnesota. Happy days. I did it for all you kirbys out there.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
The he... HOW MANY CHARACTER BOARDS DID YOU GUYS INVITE!? This was supposed to be a joke because we had nothing to talk about...

Oh great, you too Tiersie? It's not like we have a surplus of Kirbies and we need to get rid of some...

Also, SpaceBalls for the win.
I was here a looong time before you were.

Also congratulations Triple R! Do you have a results/video thread? I'd love to check it out

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I can't believe I've read all the way through the last 6 pages you guys posted since I left. And you call yourselves lurkers...pff
Also, why does Kirby Air Ride get no love? :/ It has King Dedede, ON A MOTHER ******* MOTORCYCLE.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Triple R for next ★ Kirby. For all those who disagree, watch his Kirby. =3

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Now I want to play a tounrey right now :p too bad the next ones in April =( (it's probably going to be 80+ though yay)

I'll definitly try and rep kirby there too! I've been one half of a pretty consistent high placing team these past months, now onto singles!

Haha I'm getting hyped because of you RRR!

Edit: from that match that was posted I can say these things

. You roll almost as much als Zeni (Joey) o.O, you get punished for some of them aswell

. I absolutely love your dair game, I also like to dair on stage, I have no idea why people only use that as an off stage aerial why didn't you follow it up with grabs and ftilts though?

. Very nice gimping game

. I saw next to no grabs, is that matchup dependant or do you just rarely ever try tto grab people?

Double edit:

Oh so that's where the rest of the ASC vids went. I was starting to wonder where the other bracket vids were

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OH GOD CHARGING DSMASH->GETTING SHORYUKENED COMBO

sorry, it was too good to not comment on.

Man, that Luigi had it but he ****ed up hard near the end XD

Really good Kirby though, Triple R. So much random tripping argh

Is it just me or has youtube changed their format AGAIN? JEEZ. It's almost as bad as facebook. Which sucks.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good new everyone!!!! I finally won my first tourny. Unfortunately it was only a local Minnesota one. But basically that means I secured my spot as one of the best in Minnesota. Happy days. I did it for all you kirbys out there.
Good ****! I'll try to accomplish the same at the next tourny I go to (probably the one I'm hosting in March.)

Also, I feel like I trip more than any other smasher ever... Anyone else ever get that feeling?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So my new Google Chrome (I have mixed feelings on it so far) is telling me that this page could potentially have malware, since there is something from "quickbuddyicons .com"

so... who is the culprit?

~Shao~

Smash Ace
it's that ad with the smileys and whatanot...

About d-air on-stage. I find it really useful against heavy-weights, when they're already commited to a move. Specially at higher percentages, when you can follow up with a f-smash for the kill. Also at low percents, when you can follow up with a grab and combo from that.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
So my new Google Chrome (I have mixed feelings on it so far) is telling me that this page could potentially have malware, since there is something from "quickbuddyicons .com"

so... who is the culprit?
Yup I've been getting that for the last few weeks aswell, I also use google chrome btw.

And it is indeed the site that was mentioned before

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Word.

Also, I've come up with two legitimately constructive things to do regarding the Kirby boards. Hooray for not-spam!

P.S. :kirby: Falcon LULZ :kirby:

Tiersie

Smash Ace
So I watched the first 3 games of the GF's and I have to say:

STOP ROLLING THAT MUCH MAN!

You're getting punished for it way to much and the times it works out not nearly weighs up to the times that you get ****ed by it.

Triple R

Smash Lord
lol, and here i thought i was over that habit. Looks like i have to keep telling myself not to roll again. I was over it for a little bit, but after looking at these videos: wow do i roll a lot! It's so funny because I watch other videos and think the person shouldn't roll so much, but then I do it like 3 times as much lol. I must think I'm a lucario or something XD Good thing I can watch videos of myself and see it when it's more obvious, something I'll have to concentrate on.

As far as the luigi matches and not following up my dairs with a grab or something, I'd say it's somewhat character or person dependent. I noticed when I was trying to grab Yoshq's luigi after my dair he would either spotdodge or jab me before I could grab him. I think part of this is due to luigi sliding tons and the fact that luigi never seems to have as much hitstun as other characters. Either way I wasn't following up my dairs as much because I was playing it safe and wanted to see what he would do and try to react to they instead. I probably could have tried to ftilt him instead, but I haven't put that into my game as much.

Oh yeah Asdioh, that dsmash was so bad. Once I started charging it I knew I was dead.... I've played yoshq in bracket before and the same thing happened with fsmash.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
it's that ad with the smileys and whatanot...

About d-air on-stage. I find it really useful against heavy-weights, when they're already commited to a move. Specially at higher percentages, when you can follow up with a f-smash for the kill. Also at low percents, when you can follow up with a grab and combo from that.
I tend to use it OoS as well if I think the opponent might shield/spotdodge, and pretty much always follow it up with Dtilt or Ftilt.

Also, I get that malware message a lot when I use my GF's comp (she too uses Chrome).

Google Chrome warns me before entering the Kirby GD.

Someone point fingers to who I should blame for this.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm... I've been away from here for a bit...

So can someone catch me up on what has been going in here...?

Which topic are we on... and stuff like that...?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So, today I went to a river from 9:00am-2:30pm and had a very awesome get-together with college friends and my small crush, then went to another friends' house and played CoD:MW2's Co-Op mode. Jesus Christ, those AIs in Veteran are some incredible mother****ers! The last hour we were over at her house was spent on talking about how ridiculously stupid those AIs are! We were about to pass the "download files from 3 computers" mission in the Delta class missions on veteran, AND HER DOG STEPPED ON THE OFF SWITCH (ps3)! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: And my paycheck finally arrived! Now I'm rich enough to buy my own food and can participate in tourneys again, since no one at home lends me money... :(

MONSTER HUNTER 3 BABEH!!!11!@@@ D:

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

I'm giving out autographs We're working on a community guide (front page, shouldn't be too hard to find :p ) though it hasn't really got a ton of posts yet. I think we're discussing something new in the matchup thread jiovanni sort of abandoned...also, we're talking about Kirby's (deserved) drop to mid-tier.

And stuff.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
ahhh...that means we need more Kirby Mains to do well in more tournaments... I guess I'll have to start training some... Radium is under my wing, we're drifting pretty well.. Asdioh come to more tournaments and we can make something happen, Fromundaman you need to come to more tournaments so we can make it happen no homo... It's funny you make it to Pound 4... but never anything Local.... Try to come to Nope's Monthly M2K and Ally will be there... So we can shoot for 3rd place haha

So, today I went to a river from 9:00am-2:30pm and had a very awesome get-together with college friends and my small crush, then went to another friends' house and played CoD:MW2's Co-Op mode. Jesus Christ, those AIs in Veteran are some incredible mother****ers! The last hour we were over at her house was spent on talking about how ridiculously stupid those AIs are! We were about to pass the "download files from 3 computers" mission in the Delta class missions on veteran, AND HER DOG STEPPED ON THE OFF SWITCH (ps3)! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: And my paycheck finally arrived! Now I'm rich enough to buy my own food and can participate in tourneys again, since no one at home lends me money... :(

MONSTER HUNTER 3 BABEH!!!11!@@@ D:
Apparently there's a tourney in Pwnce on the 4th or something. Is that worth traveling for, or should I just stay here?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm coming to Nope's monthly on Saturday, or at least I plan to.

The problem is I never get any offline practice so I'm kind of in a hopeless state of mind. I tried playing wifi after not playing it for over 2 weeks, and it makes me realize how ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE wifi is, so the best I can do is like, practice spacing against CPUs or something. which is boring. lol

YbM next time you see me, teach me how to beat Ness
and ZSS

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
ahhh...that means we need more Kirby Mains to do well in more tournaments... I guess I'll have to start training some... Radium is under my wing, we're drifting pretty well.. Asdioh come to more tournaments and we can make something happen, Fromundaman you need to come to more tournaments so we can make it happen no homo... It's funny you make it to Pound 4... but never anything Local.... Try to come to Nope's Monthly M2K and Ally will be there... So we can shoot for 3rd place haha
Too true, too true...

Sadly, Pound was pretty much the 1st time I'd played in 2 months, and I had to save up for quite a while to do it (Probably wouldn't have gone TBH due to my finances if I hadn't agreed to it so long beforehand).

If I manage to A) get more money and B) Get saturdays off (I get sundays off but never Sats... arg!), then I'll def. make it to more. Starting to host my own tournaments though in an attempt to get into a few extra.

But in general, you're definitely right.
Hopefully I'll make it to Nope's in April...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
lol, and here i thought i was over that habit. Looks like i have to keep telling myself not to roll again. I was over it for a little bit, but after looking at these videos: wow do i roll a lot! It's so funny because I watch other videos and think the person shouldn't roll so much, but then I do it like 3 times as much lol. I must think I'm a lucario or something XD Good thing I can watch videos of myself and see it when it's more obvious, something I'll have to concentrate on.

As far as the luigi matches and not following up my dairs with a grab or something, I'd say it's somewhat character or person dependent. I noticed when I was trying to grab Yoshq's luigi after my dair he would either spotdodge or jab me before I could grab him. I think part of this is due to luigi sliding tons and the fact that luigi never seems to have as much hitstun as other characters. Either way I wasn't following up my dairs as much because I was playing it safe and wanted to see what he would do and try to react to they instead. I probably could have tried to ftilt him instead, but I haven't put that into my game as much.

Don't ever think like that again lmao.

Oh yeah Asdioh, that dsmash was so bad. Once I started charging it I knew I was dead.... I've played yoshq in bracket before and the same thing happened with fsmash.

RRR winning a tourney - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wlMEMy4xY behold the clutch!

Top Bottom