• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
... you guys seriously dont know what advantage is?
i mean as in how many frames he is down / up after hitting on shield
Didn't someone say there was no frame advantage? I just assumed that was right when I saw it, since it's what it feels like...

Jab can be lulz in teams since someone can get a grab, but it's not exactly what I'd call an amazing move, or even a good one.
Pretty much this. It's useful in doubles with grabs, against walls, and in certain few other cases (Like on SV's platform if it's moving the right direction), but that's about it. Against mediocre players can be used as a mixup, since they might not SDI the right way and punish it, but that's about the best you can get, and that's a bad idea at a higher level of play anyway... I'd much rather Kirby have Mario's jab TBH...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
... you guys seriously dont know what advantage is?
i mean as in how many frames he is down / up after hitting on shield
Yes, we do know what frame-advantage is. We just like to play around and act ******** while talking in the "general discussion thread"...

And Kirby's jab does not give us any advantage at all, the hitstun it inflicts and the ending lag it has points that out easily (lowest hitlag possible (2-4? frames), 5-9 frames of endlag depending on if it's jab1/2/3)... We jab, and our opponents can do anything to us before we can do anything to them.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(lowest hitlag possible (2-4? frames), 5-9 frames of endlag depending on if it's jab1/2/3)
I'm too lazy to bother understanding frame data, but I do know:
We jab, and our opponents can do anything to us before we can do anything to them.
^ that.

Falco can Jab -> anything, Kirby can Jab -> get punished.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm gone for like 2 days and you guys make threads appear outta no where. Guess that's a good sign though. It was looking pretty dead around here for a little bit.

So I 0-deathed a falco as kirby yesterday (who hasn't), and it made me feel good about kirby. end of story

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So I was @ Phase 6 yesterday and I realized (for the billionth time),...>_> WHY CAN'T KIRBY DO **** AGAINST A MARTH?!!!!

It's so depressing that just because I'm a balloon and he has a needle I lose.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I was @ Phase 6 yesterday and I realized (for the billionth time),...>_> WHY CAN'T KIRBY DO **** AGAINST A MARTH?!!!!

It's so depressing that just because I'm a balloon and he has a needle I lose.
Next time, let's make a pact with a genie and wish to trade our minds for a day. D:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I love how we're still talking about jab :).

It's pretty much like Meta's and Falco's jab, it's really meant for stalling and racking up damage...and sometimes to annoy the heck out of us.

Next: Let's talk about UpB, and how useful/not useful it can be.
It doesn't stall and it can be punished very easily, Falco's jab is completely different, MK's jab is ****ing amazing. And by amazing I mean ***. I don't understand your logic at all.

Up b is useful if you can read an opponents aerial since its got transcendent priority, not much else aside from that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The only good thing about MK's jab is that you can buffer something such as dtilt/dsmash (anything) out of it.

For Kirby's Up B, I like to use the projectile against recovering opponents when they're offstage. I've gotten a few final cutter->dair spike kills that way.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
so I can go to another USA tourney without leaving PR or resorting to WiFail (which i don't use :D). :(
Well if we mindswap and you win, you have to split some with me. Oh....>_> and you'd have to end all your matches (that you're a stock ahead) with a Kirbicide. It's obviously the answer

I need help other Kirby mains!!!!!

So I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent Kirby (I didn't say good T_T). I feel like I've reached a 'ceiling' that I've been @ for a good while. I don't live near any good smashers unless you count Austin where I smashfest usually once a week. I for whatever reason can't get past my current skill level. Like....I'm stuck @ how well I play and since I can't practice with others I can't figure out what I should do to get better.

As far as I can tell I have a few options:

A. Quit whining and get better.
B. Switch characters for a little bit?
C. Wi-fail
D. Read....read....re-zzzzZZZzzzz -cough- er,..data.

DISCUSS!!!!

10hugs and cookies for excellent Kirby main to helpz.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Well if we mindswap and you win, you have to split some with me. Oh....>_> and you'd have to end all your matches (that you're a stock ahead) with a Kirbicide. It's obviously the answer

So I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent Kirby (I didn't say good T_T). I feel like I've reached a 'ceiling' that I've been @ for a good while. I don't live near any good smashers unless you count Austin where I smashfest usually once a week. I for whatever reason can't get past my current skill level. Like....I'm stuck @ how well I play and since I can't practice with others I can't figure out what I should do to get better.

C. Wi-fail

DISCUSS!!!!

Its kinda hard to offer advice when you didn't post any vids with your question, but a piece of general advice I would give would be to try and be more patient, as well as study the top character's current metagames. Kirby is a punishing character, and unless you know what can and can't be punished you are going to have a difficult time staying ahead. Another piece of advise would be to try and play as seamlessly in your game as you can. Top players will rarely have a pause in their game, and if they do it will be intentional. Other than that, just practice and try your best. As long as you are having fun, the most important aspect of the game is already being fulfilled. Hope that helps. :-)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I love how we're still talking about jab :).

It's pretty much like Meta's and Falco's jab, it's really meant for stalling and racking up damage...and sometimes to annoy the heck out of us.

Next: Let's talk about UpB, and how useful/not useful it can be.
Did... Did you just compare Falco's jab to Kirby's?! Did you just compare both of theirs to MK's?!?!?!?

*brain fizzles*

Falco probably has the most useful jab in this game, especially considering that unlike one of it's few contenders, it isn't attached to a character as ****ty as Ike.

So I 0-deathed a falco as kirby yesterday (who hasn't), and it made me feel good about kirby. end of story
Ehhh... I 0-deathed a Lucario as Mario today. That made me feel pretty good.

C. Wi-fail

DISCUSS!!!!

Here's a few things you can do:

-Pick up new characters. It can help you pick up new tricks/playstyles/get rid of bad habits/etc.
-Isolate things you need to work on, or bad habits you need to get rid of, and, next time you play, focus solely on that until you have it down. Winning or losing in friendlies is less important than improving. In some cases, if you're playing with someone you're used to playing against, make sure they tell you every time you mess up whatever it is you're working on. (For example, I used to have a spotdodge>Dsmash problem. Every time I spotdodged with Mario, I'd immediately Dsmash afterwards. I saw the problem, and couldn't seem to stop it, so I told my friend what I was doing, and to have him punish me for it until I finally stopped doing it. The rest of the game didn't matter quite as much to me as getting rid of that horrible habit.)
This can be spotdodging too much or too little, working on gimping/powershielding/baiting/etc., recovering safely, punishing, playing faster... It doesn't matter. Find what it is you need to improve on and work on it (Hell, even ask others what they tend to expect you to do if you need to).

Those are really the main two I can suggest, and I'd suggest doing both, though just the second can be enough too.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'd put up videos of myself if I ever got recorded T_T.

Would putting a camera faced @ my TV be adequate? If so I'll try and get a vid up soon so you guys can help me.

Oh wait...>_> I have no one to play against so it'd be against a CPU which wouldn't adequately display my errors. So I'm screwed.

10tears

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Translation:

Yes he completely forgot that he occasionally gets contact to the outside world, he will record some matches at the smashfest.

Also something I've been working on for a few weeks now is working om my spacing/fastfalling and setups for kills, I've also taken up diddy for this, since diddy can almost always get a kill if your opponent even only screws up a little (lolnanerz)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh woops, I thought he meant I failed because I misunderstood (Which I did now XD).

10comprehension fails.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
lol, kirby's jab can piss off snakes that like to mortar slide. But D-throw spamming is more fun.

Also, when snowboarding, NEVER try to fasten your straps while going down a black diamond terrain park while singing "Don't stop me now". Does not end well...

HINT: Grind rails can and will stop you. now.

Also, I have a replay of getting a luigi in a semi- jab lock on the rainbow cruise boat (he got out after about 187% of damage, but I ended up accidentally doing an up-B under the boat)

Tater used RECOVER!

But it failed! (Probably the most logical Pokemon reference I've ever made while not playing Fire Emblem)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Except what I was getting at was that you can't "punch 'n run", since if he SDIs it in either direction, he can Ftilt before you're done with the move.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hence the D-throw being more fun, still, punch n' run is always @$$-hatty, though Kirbicide still beats it, because Kirbicide is THE ANSWER. Seriously, If i ever go premium, my title's gonna be "SWF's King of Kirbicide"
Lulz. It is indeed THE ANSWER.

>_> I'd like to contest that title. You're like..the prince. I iz king :p.

Top Bottom