• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A revamp of the guide would be good, even if not much is added >_>

Personally, I think pictures of the hitboxes would be a nice addition.

If there's any way I can help out I all, please let me know :D
Well, once I start on it I'll need hitbox pictures, or a hitbox video with all of the hitboxes this time (or both). I gotta find some posts and threads and pin 'em somewhere so i can use them in the guide (like the "against campy characters" I wrote up for Tater in the MU discussion thread, a little more detail and it'd be perfect for a guide)... But before I do anything, i gotta fix my laptop, seeing as I have limited access to PCs and working slowly on stuff will get me bored in no time (short attention span, blah at you).

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
'Bout to hit up Austin to pick the smashers there up and then I'm heading to Phase 6!

(>=_=)> Wish me luck..

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Actually, Kewky, the hitboxes, if I remember correctly, were in a video in a question somebody asked with a link that had a video of Kirby on a solid black stage, and it was programmed so that the hitboxes on all of his moves were bright yellow. We could use screenshots from that if I can find the video.

Lol, maybe I'll help with the guide, or even write it myself! Having one of my threads stickied would be uber 1337 Kirbilicious.

I'll go look into that now.

EDIT: Found it, working on pics now.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually, Kewky, the hitboxes, if I remember correctly, were in a video in a question somebody asked with a link that had a video of Kirby on a solid black stage, and it was programmed so that the hitboxes on all of his moves were bright yellow. We could use screenshots from that if I can find the video.
Yeah, but the video was missing some hitboxes. I think it was get-up attacks, wakeup attacks, Kirby's shockwave, landing dair, usmash, and inhale grab range.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, I'll get whatever the video has to start, we can fill in the gaps later.
I'll start posting them in a new thread once I have the pics saved
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What about, instead of making a new thread... You send them to me via PM? Or post the links in the Kirby BR (if you have access)? If not, then sure a thread will be perfect. :bee:

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What about, instead of making a new thread... You send them to me via PM? Or post the links in the Kirby BR (if you have access)? If not, then sure a thread will be perfect. :bee:
Ya, Imma go with a new thread, the boards could use some. Hopefully, this one can become semi-active, because outside of this, the board is sharing the fate of the Melee Kirby boards.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ya, Imma go with a new thread, the boards could use some. Hopefully, this one can become semi-active, because outside of this, the board is sharing the fate of the Melee Kirby boards.
Awright, go for it. If the board dies it doesn't really matter, cuz our jobs as regulars is to make it so newcomers can learn everything they have to know on their first trip here... then we just spam in the KGD.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Nice tactic, there aren't too many Kirby mains, though a few just don't like us anymore too...
♣ You mean there aren't many Kirby mains as it use to be, I remember a lot of Kirby mains in 2008 and the beginning of 2009, after Summer I didn't see many Kirby mains on the boards, or tournaments anymore. ); ♥

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ New guide? Sounds interesting, I'm sure it will draw more people into playing Kirby. ♥

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Yugioh Abridged is pretty dead too ATM. :(
The second season just passed, so naturally, there would be a break :).

No need to worry...the fans will soon get antsy and LK will need to make a filler or face the wrath of the fan girls.

If there's more discussion I'll post more in the stage thread, but as you see, not much post coming on any stage thread on any boards. )=
I think I'll give the stage thread another look-and-see. Battlefield is actually my favorite stage with Kirby, but according to the thread, it can be a major disadvantage depending on the character.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I MISSED THE 6,000 POST!?!!?!?!

@#$%&@#&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my reaction. :(

I was ONE post away from it!

Dang...
I was too! AND ladybug had trouble posting it! It must've been my destiny to have the post, but then God got tired of waiting for me to do it.

Ladybug, you just messed up my destiny. :mad:

leffen

Smash Champion
is there any frame data for kirbys aeirals?
Advantage on Jab / Dtilt / Bair / Ftilt / Uair should be fixxed asap, will evolve kirbys metagame some :D.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Advantage on Jab / Dtilt / Bair / Ftilt / Uair should be fixxed asap, will evolve kirbys metagame some :D.
check Timmy's guide it should be there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What do you mean by advantage? I know from personal experience that Kirby's Jab has no frame advantage, and if the opponent does something other than shield, Kirby's Jab won't be able to followup with anything.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Jab can stall and rake up damage at best :).

Jab can stop enemies in thier tracks (somewhat), which can be ideal in a team...

Also, where do babies come from?

I always believed that you bought them from a store.
Since when the **** does it stall, and since when the **** do we equate the usefulness of move based off someone being stupid enough at spacing to run into it.

Babies come from women. After you have sex with them. Make better jokes.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
♣ You mean there aren't many Kirby mains as it use to be, I remember a lot of Kirby mains in 2008 and the beginning of 2009, after Summer I didn't see many Kirby mains on the boards, or tournaments anymore. ); ♥
No, there are few Kirby mains on the boards, but I still see quite a few in tournaments. The thing is, there's not much to talk about for our character.

(By the way, my character symbol lies. As much as I want to main Mario, my Kirby is better... both suck though XD )

Oh, and jab is **** in teams. As soon as you knock someone offstage, try to jab the remaining one and have your partner grab and pummel him until the other guy gets back onstage. That **** racks up damage fast! (Jab + Pika Dsmash is great too if perfectly spaced.)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Falcon hurt my feelings :(.

And babies don't come from women, that's a myth created about the government to hide us from the truth of 9/11 D:
I actually had a discussion about this over FB...I should screenshot it sometime.
No. Seriously. Make better jokes.

Jab can be lulz in teams since someone can get a grab, but it's not exactly what I'd call an amazing move, or even a good one.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
... you guys seriously dont know what advantage is?
i mean as in how many frames he is down / up after hitting on shield
What do you mean by advantage? I know from personal experience that Kirby's Jab has no frame advantage, and if the opponent does something other than shield, Kirby's Jab won't be able to followup with anything.
Kirby's Jab does NOT have an advantage. You mentioned Jab, which is why I asked.

Top Bottom