• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
☠
Why did that make me laugh? XD

I didn't know Uair goes through his Dair. This is going to help me too much :chuckle:
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Yeah, but you gotta space it real well. You gotta make sure the hitbox is active by when MK hits maximum range, otherwise his dair will hit your hurtbox... It takes a little practice to get used to using hitboxes and grabboxes that way: starting attacks before opponents are in range, and having their hitboxes activate right when the opponent's hurtbox goes slightly in range.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I liked the read, and i noticed that a while ago... I got so frustrated with MUs a long time ago, that I decided I was gonna stop posting in them... But I find myself posting in them again, then saying "I'll stop posting if blah blah blah" yet again...

I find my life easier to deal with, if I have one less stress on it. MU discussions going back and forth on the same points were one unnecessary stress for me, seeing as no one could be persuaded to change their point of views.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Good read.

But tbh, I really can't think of another way of discussing MU's that is as effective as our current one. The only thought that I can conjure is to include human error into our match-up discussions, but this alone seems kind of vague and extraneous.
☠

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A step up from what we do now, would be to ONLY keep in kind ratios from the character board's mains, and the invited people's only job is to persuade us to change it... Their ratios should not be considered, since numbers aren't arguments. Persuading us by saying "60:40? HA! More like 55:45" isn't an argument.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yaay people read the blog

I liked the read, and i noticed that a while ago... I got so frustrated with MUs a long time ago, that I decided I was gonna stop posting in them... But I find myself posting in them again, then saying "I'll stop posting if blah blah blah" yet again...

I find my life easier to deal with, if I have one less stress on it. MU discussions going back and forth on the same points were one unnecessary stress for me, seeing as no one could be persuaded to change their point of views.
Thanks.

That's also a problem in matchup discussions, but people could argue that "Oh, my matchup discussions don't have people doing that", so it doesn't work to say that.

☠
Good read.

But tbh, I really can't think of another way of discussing MU's that is as effective as our current one. The only thought that I can conjure is to include human error into our match-up discussions, but this alone seems kind of vague and extraneous.
☠

Thanks.

I pointed that out, that there isn't a better way to discuss them. And I agree that human error should be included, but there's nothing we can really do to include it.

Edit:

A step up from what we do now, would be to ONLY keep in kind ratios from the character board's mains, and the invited people's only job is to persuade us to change it... Their ratios should not be considered, since numbers aren't arguments. Persuading us by saying "60:40? HA! More like 55:45" isn't an argument.
That could be more effective, but I think it would have the same flaws the current one has (no, blah blah blah ideal character blah).

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Whatahell? I didn't change the capitalization on the quote ._. I actually posted "OH RLYYYYY?", but because we aren't allowed to post only with caps lock, it turned into "Oh Rlyyyy?", and my best guess it's that it changed the capitalization on the quote too.

EDIT: @A1lion: good read, and you adressed some important points that myself, and possibly several others didn't stop to think about when discussing MUs.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Heh, that's funny.

You desist from the MU discussions and then you come out with this. Make up your mind!

So I guess we're stuck with the current method until some genius somewhere figures out a better way huh.
☠

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby Super Star is a Virtual Console in Japan last month ago, I just found out not too long ago, lol. Yet another game they couldn't give the US, Nintendo of Japan keeps all the good games do they? =/

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
☠
Heh, that's funny.

You desist from the MU discussions and then you come out with this. Make up your mind!

So I guess we're stuck with the current method until some genius somewhere figures out a better way huh.
☠

I was thinking someone would notice this. They aren't corrolated, lol.

As I said in my last post, this was just me thinking about it this morning and writing a blog about it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Nintendo makes a new Panel De Pon, that would make me happy, just like Sin and Punishment 2. =3

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Don't give me any of your sass, woman!

I missed the last Brawl tournament in my area. Now I'll never get to test out my Kirby. T_T

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
☠

I didn't know Uair goes through his Bair. This is going to help me too much :chuckle:
☠
It's his Dair (guessing that was a typo), but yeah, neither did I till my friend and I played a few reverse main matches (since he started messing around with Kirby, and I used to main MK up until Oct of last year.). He did that to me and I just sat there wondering how I hadn't noticed that in all the matches we had played previously.

Viewtiful Joe is the coolest why was he not in brawl
Fixed for you.

Also, there's a hack to get SSB64 on your Wii. Not sure what it is, but last time Iskascribble came over we played it on his Wii for a while. I forgot how gay Pika's grab range was (Sorry Ness, your moveset just doesn't have enough range!) and how awesome Kirby was.

Oh, and @ Shao, that's just plain **** weird :laugh:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've had Smash 64 on my Wii for months, lol.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
@_@ Me needz SSB64... Can you post here/pm me with a link Bunny? Oh, and does the process have any possible colateral damage?

And Nintendo still needs to release Diddy Kong Racing, although that's unlikely to happen :/ I miss Rare </3

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can't post the stuff here, lol. It's illegal. ._.

And yeah, it could mess your Wii up.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now...How does Kirby fare against Ganon :)?
If I tell you, your able to string him with D-Air > D-Throw > *If he doesn't dodge*, U-Air > Repeat, or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he does dodge* > follow him to perform a repeat or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he does jumps* short hop > U-Air > B-Air > *if your near the edge* B-Air gimp *if your not* finish or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he attacks you* shield, perfect shield or dodge > Repeat. It's so fun to do that, I wish Kirby could do that to everyone, but he can only perform that on heavy... like King Dedede. >=3

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
This is the first time I've seen an Admin hang around here...or actually seeing one that didn't just posted a list of rules :lick:.

I need to go to other forums more often :urg:.

Now...How does Kirby fare against Ganon :)?
Pretty well as long as you don't get hit. Oh and about the dair -> grab thing, if they dodge a lot run past them and pivot grab instead.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
this Is The First Time I've Seen An Admin Hang Around Here...or Actually Seeing One That didn't Just Posted A List Of Rules :lick:.

[size=+4]BUZZ SMASH![/size]

Yes, I only exist to make others miserable. Rawr.

Kirby <3

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I used to try and fly into the rock pigs mouth. >.> It never worked. :p I would just end up getting stuck.

But that is a REALLY fun game. One of my friends has the music hack and has the opening screen song as in game sound.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I passed 358/2 days a long time ago... But I just have to say it one more time: I love the music of the last 2 bosses. The game got so awesome once I got 3/4 into the game... Awesome music all over, storyline went into 6th gear, lots of emotions here and there, and all the pieces were put together... And it ended RIGHT where KH2 started.

That was a good game... Only DS game I've played too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If I tell you, your able to string him with D-Air > D-Throw > *If he doesn't dodge*, U-Air > Repeat, or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he does dodge* > follow him to perform a repeat or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he does jumps* short hop > U-Air > B-Air > *if your near the edge* B-Air gimp *if your not* finish or D-Air > D-Throw > *If he attacks you* shield, perfect shield or dodge > Repeat. It's so fun to do that, I wish Kirby could do that to everyone, but he can only perform that on heavy... like King Dedede. >=3
Except... he could actually punish everything you posted after the Dthrow... Pretty badly in fact.

The problem is Ganon is a bad character, so no one plays him, so no one knows the MU (And it doesn't help that Ray Kalm seems to think that Ganon can't win vs anyone no matter what, despite doing it very often himself.). Kirby vs Ganon is not a hard MU, but it's not as bad as must seem to think.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Say wha-- you tried to perform it and it didn't work?!? It should work, I tried that on nearly every character I play when I have Kirby, I couldn't be wrong... could I?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
They work, but they're not guaranteed. 3/4 of the time, the opponent has the ability to choose the option you won't be ready for. And with the dthrow endlag to the uair startup, there's quite a number of frames for the opponent to experiment and find a way out of that.

At least, thats how I see it.

Top Bottom