• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Say wha-- you tried to perform it and it didn't work?!? It should work, I tried that on nearly every character I play when I have Kirby, I couldn't be wrong... could I?
Ganon DownB beats them in priority and speed after the Dthrow. Nair might also work, but that's not a good option so meh. (Hell, you could even buffer an AD and get out like that, but you'd get punished for it.)

You could in fact shield it and punish, BUT, that string is not a combo, and is, like everything else, only viable if A) The opponent doesn't know how to beat it, or B) you mindgamed them into it.

However, what kewkky said is spot on. I just mentioned how Ganon can do it, but others can get out of it too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(some characters in death note end all their sentences with it or something).
what?
I missed the last Brawl tournament in my area. Now I'll never get to test out my Kirby. T_T
Dragon Den doesn't have many players, huh?

I can't post the stuff here, lol. It's illegal. ._.
Only because Nintendo is ******** :mad:
We'd all gladly buy it if they OFFERED it, I'm sure.
>_>
Now...How does Kirby fare against Ganon :)?
All I can say is that I can sandbag and win against Ganondorfs offline, and yet they can beat me pretty easily online. -_-

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I loved Diddy Kong Racing so much that I took the time and effort to unlock T.T., having to beat him in time trials at every track...and some of them were pretty beastly (well, at least for a 11~12 year old boy). However, I never managed to get all the balloons on mirror mode.

@Ladybug: I used to try that all the time xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
All I can say is that I can sandbag and win against Ganondorfs offline, and yet they can beat me pretty easily online. -_-
While I can GENERALLY agree with that, I have to ask how many GOOD Ganons you've played offline?

For example, Fonz is nearby. Next time your in Sfield, ask to play his Ganon. He's taken games off of AZ with it before (not sure about sets since I've just seen isolated videos.).

Lovely

Smash Lord
While I can GENERALLY agree with that, I have to ask how many GOOD Ganons you've played offline?
♣ No one will pick a character that's so ugly that's so slow, that's why you will see no one pick Ganondorf on a tourney match but for fun. ♥

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I know this is really random but ive had this sig laying around for ever and recently touched it up and was wondering if anyone wanted it?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

For example, Fonz is nearby. Next time your in Sfield, ask to play his Ganon. He's taken games off of AZ with it before (not sure about sets since I've just seen isolated videos.).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2z0vPy3QY

>_____________>

I was sandbagging in the whole set...except for on Brinstar. :p
Though Brinstar can be a really crappy Ganondorf stage, especially if he's unfamiliar with it.

Still, I had a MUCH harder time against his Wolf when I played him in pools at one tourney, and I lost to his Lucario in pools at another. Ganondorf was just a snack compared to those characters, lol.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I know this is really random but ive had this sig laying around for ever and recently touched it up and was wondering if anyone wanted it?

Never save sigs to jpg format. And there's really no flow. :7

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I wouldn't say too much to sigs but it's a good chance the image would look... unclean, but avatars should never be saved on jpg. ;p ♥

Triple R

Smash Lord

>_____________>

Though Brinstar can be a really crappy Ganondorf stage, especially if he's unfamiliar with it.

Ganondorf was just a snack compared to those characters, lol.

That Ganon looked like he was sandbagging too..... Maybe it's because it was March. Why would you sandbag so much in a MM? You almost lost because of it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

>_____________>

Still, I had a MUCH harder time against his Wolf when I played him in pools at one tourney, and I lost to his Lucario in pools at another. Ganondorf was just a snack compared to those characters, lol.
Yeah, this was March... He's gotten a lot better.

That being said, Fonz banned that stage vs me last week too. I personally thought it was a good Ganon stage... huh...

EDIT: Lovely, that's not why. Nobody picks him because he seriously sucks :p

SUPER-EDIT: I'm not saying he has a positive MU against us. I'm just saying it's not AS negative as you guys seem to think and saying something like "Just avoid the Ganoncide" will get you *****.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
all you have to do is walk around and shield any approach, unless it's a Side B, which is hard to avoid unless you predict it, but if he DOES miss it's very punishable. Or you could "air camp."

He doesn't really have an answer to us poking Bairs at his shield, either.

If you get hit, it hurts a lot, but in this matchup it's easy to avoid getting hit. :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
all you have to do is walk around and shield any approach, unless it's a Side B, which is hard to avoid unless you predict it, but if he DOES miss it's very punishable. Or you could "air camp."

He doesn't really have an answer to us poking Bairs at his shield, either.

If you get hit, it hurts a lot, but in this matchup it's easy to avoid getting hit. :/
This is essentially true. He's a defensive character with bad defensive options.

For this reason, he shouldn't really approach, but instead try to bait you and punish.

Aerial SideB is his only fast OoS option, but you're right, just hitting his shield with Bair should screw him over.

As I said, it is definitely in Kirby's favor, but it's not a "LOL I WIN" MU. You still have to play it a certain way, and if you make mistakes, you get punished hard.

I mean some of you guys make it sound like Pika vs Fox or something :p

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i wonder if any of you know that kirbys feet go invincible during his dsmash...
Yep-o! Although it's pretty hard to find uses for that, where the fsmash or a shielddash>grab would possibly do better... I mostly use it to punish landing characters like Snake, where they can wavebounce or lang lagless with a grenade. The dsmash hits them and doesn't set off the grenades.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't think I see too many Kirby mains use using D-Smash, good to know since I need to use that move myself.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
i wonder if any of you know that kirbys feet go invincible during his dsmash...

☠
Yep, but as Kewkky said, there aren't many uses for that.
☠

...I mostly use it to punish landing characters...

☠
It's so funny how Kirby's D-smash can hit someone above him :p
It's even funnier what must go through an unsuspecting opponents head when it happens. :chuckle:
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

It's so funny how Kirby's D-smash can hit someone above him :p
It's even funnier what must go through an unsuspecting opponents head when it happens. :chuckle:
Lol, that disjoint is CRAZY! It's like... His hurtbox is the size of Kirby while he crouches, but the height of the hitbox is like a standing Kirby! When I accidentally found that out, both me and my opponent lol'd...

... I also shieldgrabbed a Marth's tippered fsmash mid-tourney, and we both paused the game and laughed at how amazingly broken that was. We started calling Kirby a smaller, lighter version of King DDD and started comparing everything between them ever since.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
☠
*Double-takes*

You shield grabbed a Marth's tippered F-smash? O_O
Do you have any idea how you did it?
Yes, actually. I power-shielded his tipper, and grabbed his extended hurtbox (hand that holds the sword, since the sword is the disjoint and not his hand) with Kirby's deceiving standing grab, on a flat surface in Halberd, where the claw/bombs/cannon appear.

I remember it like it was yesterday... It was funny.

Triple R

Smash Lord
dsmash, use when punishing landing dodges and fsmash won't kill yet. Also use it for edgeguarding, just know how it works near the ledge and how to use it aka metaknights who carelessly sideb a centimeter to high to the stage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Punishing landings in pretty much the best way to use Dsmash. Keep in mind that there's 2 frames of lag on every landing, meaning if they land while the Dsmash is out, they will be hit no matter what.

BBQTV

Smash Master
its funny i once wi-fi ed against a snake and used his grenades better then he did

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like bite. It has less range that inhale, and Wario's bite beats ours. The only upside is that it's generally faster.

I really like Pika's power. Bullet Seed is great too, as is Squirtle's power IMO (But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would appreciate it.). ROB's power is beastly too.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like bite. It has less range that inhale, and Wario's bite beats ours. The only upside is that it's generally faster.

I really like Pika's power. Bullet Seed is great too, as is Squirtle's power IMO (But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would appreciate it.). ROB's power is beastly too.
☠
Since bite is in fact faster, it can be useful for low percent strings.

Bullet seed is good, and Squirtle's power is great against Squirtle's and Charizard's recovery. R.O.B's blaster is too good.

Guess you aren't the only one

☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ In range, or mind games Wario's Bite is better than Kirby's, when attempting to use Bite like you would a Kirbycide, then Kirby's Bite is better than Wario's because Kirby wouldn't have too much of a problem, Wario you have to make sure his Bike isn't used, or if Raft isn't used if the Bike fails, I manly say because Footstool can screw up a lot of things. T_T ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If anyone told me YbM was going to LoLiS4, I would had skipped my early Thanksgiving, then 3 stock him, and went home, same with smash64. )=

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Your out of practice for missing too many public tournaments, you might have a hard time with them. Do they use Wario? ;p ♥

Top Bottom