• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Purple is just not good on a grey background. The fact that it's in italics doesn't help, LOL.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Again, there is no pleasing people. People don't have my eyesight, sue me. And I post in Indigo, not purple. There's a difference.

Edit: This any better?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I understand you want to make your posts look "good" or "unique" but it just pisses people off when they have to strain themselves to read it. I literally have to either focus very hard or reading your posts, or highlight it, to read it....so, the easier course of action is to just ignore it completely. -_-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hahaha. I like this IsmaR fellow. Quotes Monty Python, sticks to his fonts, and tells people to dine upon fecal matter.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I know the majority isn't always right, but in this case...

-_-

What skin do you use, Ismar?

BBQTV

Smash Master
man i was playing a good meta i beat him but he gave me a hard time, you cant gimp meta :mad: he told me he was pissed off that i won every time :chuckle:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually, Kirby can gimp MK. Our dair goes through his drill, so we can dair>footstool him, and force him to either use that again to try and return on-stage, or SL. And in both cases, we can edgehog and abuse the invincibility frames (and if he manages to reach the stage with his drill, he gets lag so we can punish him real sexy-like)... Our fsmash goes through his tornado, so keeping an eye and a steady finger on the cstick will make it so that he never uses that option for returning on-stage... Our bair clashes with his glide attack, as well as can push him farther away if he doesn't do the glide attack, making it so he can't glide again unless he uses SL... And, of course, we can dair him out of his glide if we aim it properly.

Our multiple jumps and upB (as well as the tornado, if you swallowed MK at any point and still have it.... which I never do due to how easy MK can knock you out of it) will be enough for us to be hard to gimp as well, so missing a dair offstage shouldn't be a bad move, unless you used all your jumps before dairing or something.

Now, the hard part is reacting accordingly when the situation presents itself.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
☠
Lol at IsmaR's icon.

I too find it hard to Gimp MetaKnight. Should we follow him offstage or wait on the edge then?
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
The optimal idea should be to stay on-stage. It's too risky, you'll probably end up getting gimped yourself, or take a lot of damage returning onto the stage if you fail to gimp. Waiting for MK then killing him from on-stage is waaay safer than any offstage option you may be able to do.

But, if the MK doesn't expect it (since no MK would expect you to rush him down offstage while he's using drill, or gliding downwards), and you have a clear advantage (one stock or more)... I don't see why you shouldn't try.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Actually, Kirby can gimp MK. Our dair goes through his drill, so we can dair>footstool him, and force him to either use that again to try and return on-stage, or SL. And in both cases, we can edgehog and abuse the invincibility frames (and if he manages to reach the stage with his drill, he gets lag so we can punish him real sexy-like)... Our fsmash goes through his tornado, so keeping an eye and a steady finger on the cstick will make it so that he never uses that option for returning on-stage... Our bair clashes with his glide attack, as well as can push him farther away if he doesn't do the glide attack, making it so he can't glide again unless he uses SL... And, of course, we can dair him out of his glide if we aim it properly.

Our multiple jumps and upB (as well as the tornado, if you swallowed MK at any point and still have it.... which I never do due to how easy MK can knock you out of it) will be enough for us to be hard to gimp as well, so missing a dair offstage shouldn't be a bad move, unless you used all your jumps before dairing or something.

If MK clashes a glide attack with bair, he can attack faster than us afterwards. its not usually good for kirby if this happens.

if you hit MK out of his tornado with fsmash, thats great, but its not going to gimp him...he can easily still recover afterwards. unless he has enough damage that it kills him off the side, which i would consider more of just a maybe early kill than a gimp.

also you do a fine job of explaining how to gimp MK's B moves, but what if he simply uses some of his 5 jumps to get back to the stage? MK's disjointed aerials can be a nightmare.

and yeah, another hard part is reacting accordingly. if MK uses side b while kirby is onstage, getting to him with a dair fast enough can require a pretty quick decision...especially since MK will be forced to recover with side B so rarely in the fight, it can be very hard to predict that he will use it.

you are right in the fact that you can gimp MK. its just very, very, very, very hard, especially from onstage, and going offstage can often get you gimped instead of him.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
if you hit MK out of his tornado with fsmash, thats great, but its not going to gimp him...he can easily still recover afterwards. unless he has enough damage that it kills him off the side, which i would consider more of just a maybe early kill than a gimp.

also you do a fine job of explaining how to gimp MK's B moves, but what if he simply uses some of his 5 jumps to get back to the stage? MK's disjointed aerials can be a nightmare.

you are right in the fact that you can gimp MK. its just very, very, very, very hard, especially from onstage, and going offstage can often get you gimped instead of him.
Exactly, when the situation presents itself.

Fsmash his tornado to kick him offstage/back offstage, where he's forced to jump or use another of his B moves. Bair his glide attack while offstage so that he can't use glide again. Eventually, he'll run out of jumps and won't be able to glide except by using upB.

What I meant was that if while you're fighting MK, you notice that you're in this situation by a weird turn of events (MK is going to return from offstage and is probably going to use sideB, and you just predicted him successfully), there are options that one has and can use in order to gimp an MK, no matter what people say. MK is only ungimpable because to get to these situations, you'll have to outplay that MK and force him into said situation.

And this isn't Super Theoryfighter Bros, I'm speaking from experience... I'm not saying it's easy, but that it's hard to do, and situational, and that it's a much better idea to remain onstage in case you fail the gimp and end up gimped yourself. I was just pointing out how a Kirby can force an MK to return with a B move, and the prope way to react to it. That's all. :)

T-nuts

Smash Ace
And this isn't Super Theoryfighter Bros, I'm speaking from experience...
so am i. and i agree with everything you said, except one thing.

if kirby and MK clash bair and glide attack, MK just got back on stage, and kirby just got hurt.

MK is close to ungimpable unless he uses a B move. and with glide and 5 jumps, forcing him to do so is pretty rare.

But yes, you CAN gimp him.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
if kirby and MK clash bair and glide attack, MK just got back on stage, and kirby just got hurt.
While close to the stage and with rising bairs, yep, he'd have enough time to get an uair, possibly even a rising nair in there... But I meant a decent distance offstage. If you hit him with a bair, he'll be knocked back and lose his gliding ability, possibly forcing him to use upB or sideB due to his super slow horizontal air speed. If you clash with his glide attack, well, guess you could always DI towards the stage and stop trying to gimp.

And about the Super Theoryfighter Bros thing, I didn't mean it as an offense. I said it because even I, the one who said it, felt like it all sounded like pure theory, and it's pretty much impossible to pull off in a match if you start by fsmashing him offstage, which is not what I meant.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
While close to the stage and with rising bairs, yep, he'd have enough time to get an uair, possibly even a rising nair in there... But I meant a decent distance offstage. If you hit him with a bair, he'll be knocked back and lose his gliding ability, possibly forcing him to use upB or sideB due to his super slow horizontal air speed. If you clash with his glide attack, well, guess you could always DI towards the stage and stop trying to gimp.

And about the Super Theoryfighter Bros thing, I didn't mean it as an offense. I said it because even I, the one who said it, felt like it all sounded like pure theory, and it's pretty much impossible to pull off in a match if you start by fsmashing him offstage, which is not what I meant.
ok yeah if you hit him with your bair thats fine. its when you clash with him that you are in a bad spot.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
so am i. and i agree with everything you said, except one thing.

MK is close to ungimpable unless he uses a B move. and with glide and 5 jumps, forcing him to do so is pretty rare.

But yes, you CAN gimp him.
It all depends on the MK player. The spammer, or the player that is actually good with him. We all naturally know what to do with spammers :lick:. But I agree to what you say, since nair is the move that kills me the most with MK.

Plus, if you gimp him with dair, chances are their might be an aerial sort of battle going on. MK could recover from Kirby's dair and use up another jump, and depending on the Kirby player, you either die from shock, or you follow MK's movement and dair him again.

And not to mention the fact that MK could use UpB at any given moment. So the whole aerial battle theory could be dismissed by that one simple fact.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And not to mention the fact that MK could use UpB at any given moment. So the whole aerial battle theory could be dismissed by that one simple fact.
Not really. Who's to say that the Kirby will know MK's upB's blind spot: the middle of the loop? What if THAT happens, what can MK do to survive? And how will his upB save him from being too low? If Kirby dair>footstools MK while MK is using his sideB, there's no time for MK to do his SL until Kirby finishes the footstool... And Kirby will be too high for the SL to hit him. And if MK is gliding offstage, he has no time to stop the glide and use upB while Kirby is starting up his bair.

The options that I stated had their own causes stated as well, I didn't write them as a "you must do this to win", but more like an "if MK is doing this and you realize he's going to do that, then you must do this to punish him".

And, i've gimped MKs by edgehogging when they start their upBs. Abuse the invincibility frames to evade the first "loop" hitbox, then stay on the ledge and let their glide attacks hit you, if they decide on using it (when they use glide attacks, their first few frames of freefall can't grab ledges). If not, then they're probably gonna go under the stage and grab the other ledge and give you some time to gain enough stage control to be ready again, so it's a win/win situation.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SNO (Kirby) vs. PhantomX (Ganon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6iaQAYo878

It's good to know that Kirbies can learn tricks from Dededes.

SniperNightOwl (10:46:01 PM): did u watch the whole thing?
RyanMartinGates (10:46:09 PM): almost at the end
RyanMartinGates (10:46:19 PM): OMFG@
RyanMartinGates (10:46:28 PM): I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!
SniperNightOwl (10:46:30 PM): "kirbycides only work on bad players" - phantomX
SniperNightOwl (10:46:36 PM): i trolled him
RyanMartinGates (10:46:36 PM): LMAO
SniperNightOwl (10:46:37 PM): i did it
SniperNightOwl (10:46:40 PM): he said that to me
SniperNightOwl (10:46:42 PM): on aim
RyanMartinGates (10:46:42 PM): bad players like M2K?
SniperNightOwl (10:46:47 PM): LOOOL
SniperNightOwl (10:46:48 PM): gates
SniperNightOwl (10:46:56 PM): you inspired me to do that kirbycide
SniperNightOwl (10:46:59 PM): you are pleased?
RyanMartinGates (10:47:01 PM): hahaha
RyanMartinGates (10:47:03 PM): I am
SniperNightOwl (10:47:03 PM): ;P
RyanMartinGates (10:47:14 PM): I got a little boner watching that, not gonna lie
SniperNightOwl (10:47:17 PM): HAHAHA
SniperNightOwl (10:47:20 PM): <3
RyanMartinGates (10:47:20 PM): let's run away together
SniperNightOwl (10:47:25 PM): lol
RyanMartinGates (10:47:38 PM): we could inhale eachother all day
SniperNightOwl (10:47:42 PM): loooooooool

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Roman numerals look more badass or classy depending on how you use them so yeah I'd go with MXXVI. 26 looks like something some n00b put on his/her tag or something.

Also, here is an interesting thread/blog that I wrote a couple of days ago and barely posted yesterday when I had nothing better to do.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254799]
You should all check it out especially if you post in color or with another font. Feed my curiosity pl0x!!!!

BBQTV

Smash Master
guys i played that same meta again and guess what i gimped him :)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Roman numerals look more badass or classy depending on how you use them so yeah I'd go with MXXVI. 26 looks like something some n00b put on his/her tag or something.
HEY :mad:
but to be fair, i was a noob when i picked this name :/

Also, here is an interesting thread/blog that I wrote a couple of days ago and barely posted yesterday when I had nothing better to do.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...24#post8804424
You should all check it out especially if you post in color or with another font. Feed my curiosity pl0x!!!!
Dead link

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have an announcement to make.

I am now a Kirby main. Seriously. He is too good.

That is all.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So I have a question, has anyone found SH FF Nair to have any merit OoS? I was playing at a tourny yesterday (in which I did pretty bad except in low tiers btw, but ah well... been almost 3 months since last time I got some real practice in [johns, I know] so I expected no better), and it seemed like a decent punishing method (though most of the games I used Kirbies were friendlies, so maybe in more serious matches it wouldn't work as well?).

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am not joking in the least. I've been playing exclusively Kirby for the past few months. I'm perfecting my combos and edge-guard techniques. He is so easy to use (for my play style).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
S, just came back from a -practically- smashfest, that was supposed to be a tourney but we had like 10 entrants only... I was reeeeal cold and crappy for a bit, but at like 8:30pm, I got my combo legsback on, heheheh... Too much fast-paced action with ZSS and Melee Samus messed up my Kirby: pressing buttons too fast is not good for Kirby (empty fullhops, backrolls instead of pivot grabs, failed shield dashes, accidental buffered jumps with aidodges...), but for others, yes it is (ZSS feeds on speed). I got a match of my Kirby and another of my ZSS recorded, but that was a very crappy Kirby match because of what I mentioned above... Still, another one for the collection!

I am not joking in the least. I've been playing exclusively Kirby for the past few months. I'm perfecting my combos and edge-guard techniques. He is so easy to use (for my play style).
Yes he is! Glad to see people hyped up over Kirby's buff from Melee to Brawl, the more the better!

Thanks for telling me the link is broken MK.

Huuuuuuuuuuge facepalm... I smirked, though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have an announcement to make.

I am now a Kirby main. Seriously. He is too good.

That is all.
You play Smash?! I thought you just pwned threads on the forum o_o;

Welcome. How has Kirby been treating you so far? Any matchups you love/hate playing?
Do you play offline, or wifi, or what?

Top Bottom