• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby can't kill him, lol. You will never FSmash a good Pikachu, and BAir will be stale.
See, THESE commentaries make discussions un-enjoyable. Fsmash WILL STILL KILL a good Pikachu... You just have to be GOOD too.

Theoretically, would an IC be able to grab a great-spacing MK? There isn't a 0%/100% factor here that he will or won't, no definite line between Yes and No. An IC WILL grab an MK, but not all the time... Just like how a Kirby WILL hit a Pikachu with an fsmash.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think it's worth mentioning that this guy was beating me OVER AND OVER. The closest I got to beating him was with PIT.

I don't even PLAY Pit, except for a couple times every couple weeks, maybe. He was on his last stock high %, and I was on my last stock, and I could have hit him with a KO move to win, but I couldn't, and he got a bull**** "lolwifiThunderyoucan'tavoiditggyoutried" so I lost.

tl;dr: wifi sux

edit for the heck of it:
Fsmash WILL STILL KILL a good Pikachu... You just have to be GOOD too.
But if it doesn't hit, prepare to get punished. Especially if you're in KO range: Pikachu's run/upsmash out of shield is amazing. Otherwise, he can grab you, or do whatever he feels like.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
edit for the heck of it: But if it doesn't hit, prepare to get punished. Especially if you're in KO range: Pikachu's run/upsmash out of shield is amazing. Otherwise, he can grab you, or do whatever he feels like.
That goes for pretty much every character in high tier: whiff the fsmash and you're going to be punished... Snake utilts you, MK can dsmash/SL you, Diddy can throw a banana/dsmash/grab you, Wario can grab you, etc etc etc... You just have to use it as a punishing move, and punish him while he recovers from your bairs/an attack of his own.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
quick question: does anybody else count down the days until the bottom thread on the kirby board falls off the front page? I just realized right now that ive done that for approximately the past month :S

also, why do you guys prefer this game over Brawl+/BBrawl? Just curious.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
quick question: does anybody else count down the days until the bottom thread on the kirby board falls off the front page? I just realized right now that ive done that for approximately the past month :S

also, why do you guys prefer this game over Brawl+/BBrawl? Just curious.
1) It's more accessible
2) There are no Brawl+/BBrawl tourneys anywhere where I live
3) All my friends play normal Brawl
4) My Wii's broken
5) if I download any variation of Brawl when I fix my Wii, I won't be able to use my hacks without using Brawl+ unless I go through all the work of activating and deactivating the cheats manually... And, quite frankly, I'm amazingly lazy.

There could be more, so yeah... But those are off the top of my head.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't like Brawl+ because it's not the game I bought, lol. And to be honest, I like the game that Brawl is. I don't need the changes that Brawl+ brings.

Also, yeah, taking the codes on and off is annoying as ****. I played Brawl+ when I first hacked my Wii, then I realized I could just play another certain game.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby can't kill him, lol. You will never FSmash a good Pikachu, and BAir will be stale.
In addition to what kewkky said, if you can land grabs, then your Bair shouldn't be stale thanks to the magic that is pummeling.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
Lol this is true. xD I got ***** by a good Pikachu in my first tourney.
USE MINDGAMES. Pika is hard if you dont know how to fight him :/
Well.. for me x)

[Random]How is everybody today? O.o[/Random]

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
[Random]How is everybody today? O.o[/Random]
Well, I saw "Law-Abiding Citizen" today. it was GREAT. it's been a while since I've seen such a great movie. It LITERALLY took my interest, rubbed it all over her butt, and gave it back to me on a golden platter...

My God, the beginning.... It was amazing. I usually am not impressed with movies like these (like, once every 2 years), but this movie deserves 3 thumbs up. I was literally at the edge of my seat, laughing at how great it was, and I had this HUGE urge to just walk out of the movies, call all my friends, and tell them that the small bit that I saw was so ****ing crazy.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Edited :lick:. Pikachu is freakin hard though, but once you predict a Pikachu's pattern, he becomes easy prey :flame:
♣ Good edit. I wish I played more Pikachu mains. I forgot Pikachu's movesets because I haven't played against him in a long time. ^_^; ♥

MK26

Smash Master
1) It's more accessible
2) There are no Brawl+/BBrawl tourneys anywhere where I live
3) All my friends play normal Brawl
4) My Wii's broken
5) if I download any variation of Brawl when I fix my Wii, I won't be able to use my hacks without using Brawl+ unless I go through all the work of activating and deactivating the cheats manually... And, quite frankly, I'm amazingly lazy.

There could be more, so yeah... But those are off the top of my head.
1 is kinda false, especially with the programs that you download that upload everythig for you...
2 and 3 are...meh
4 is :/
5, if i understand you correctly, is also wrong...including the lazy part...see 1
I don't like Brawl+ because it's not the game I bought, lol. And to be honest, I like the game that Brawl is. I don't need the changes that Brawl+ brings.
legitimate reasons all, though you might want to check out BBrawl...there are very few reasons (if any) that invalidate both B+ and BB at the same time...not to mention, i could rattle off ten reasons to at least do some hacking that invalidate completely obliterate "it's not the game i bought"...

Also, yeah, taking the codes on and off is annoying as ****.
again, we have programs that do that for you...and even if you want to do it manually, it literally takes seconds (using the programs that do other stuff :p)

I played Brawl+ when I first hacked my Wii, then I realized I could just play another certain game.
Bunny, that is a lie and you know it.

EDIT: wooh colour

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh god don;t bring this debate here...

Also, how is less accessible false? To play Brawl+ you need Brawl + something else (Homebrew+codes in this case.). How is that more accessible than having just Brawl? That's like saying making a recipe is easier than eating the raw ingredient.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
1 is kinda false, especially with the programs that you download that upload everythig for you...

So, you're telling me that the fact that I don't have an SD slot in any PC (info I haven't disclosed before) makes it so that my reason is false? I used to get all my hacks from friends 2 hours' drive away from my house, who have played variations of Brawl and dislike them. How am I going to get something that my supplier won;t be willing to give me?

And like Fromundaman says: Which is easier to do... Buy Brawl, or buy Brawl and download hacks for it?
5, if i understand you correctly, is also wrong...including the lazy part...see 1
[/quote]
If I have to do too much work to switch from Game A to Game B, when Game B is best playwed with other people, and everyone else in my area doesn't play it, I see no reason why I would want to ever play it competitively.

I prefer normal Brawl. And I think I will always prefer it, until an official SSB4 comes out or it dies and we all go back to Melee: whichever happens first (not necessarily happening).

T-nuts

Smash Ace
ive been playing this game a little bit more lately, just with my roommates though, nothing serious. i still think this game is fun though, so thats good news haha. i may be around these boards a little more.

but i havent played wifi in like 4 months. maybe ill get back into it too?

probably not, though.

MK26

Smash Master
Oh god don;t bring this debate here...
ok, so, first off, im sorta playing a bit of devil's advocate here...i just want to see what you think and if there are still any Brawl+ misconceptions going on around here

Also, how is less accessible false? To play Brawl+ you need Brawl + something else (Homebrew+codes in this case.). How is that more accessible than having just Brawl? That's like saying making a recipe is easier than eating the raw ingredient.
well...not really...especially with the resources that we've put together (ie the single download package that contains everything) and we've gotten brawl+ to work without having to install homebrew, too. in my view, the recipe is nothing more complex than a ham&cheese sandwich...and you grill it to make it even more tasty...mmm...is it lunchtime yet?

So, you're telling me that the fact that I don't have an SD slot in any PC (info I haven't disclosed before) makes it so that my reason is false? I used to get all my hacks from friends 2 hours' drive away from my house, who have played variations of Brawl and dislike them. How am I going to get something that my supplier won;t be willing to give me?

And like Fromundaman says: Which is easier to do... Buy Brawl, or buy Brawl and download hacks for it?
Well that changes the game a bit...but there are still a few solutions. By far the easiest is that if you have access to a computer with an sd slot even just once, there's a program that you can dl that'll update your sd card while its in your wii every time theres a new codeset (as long as your wii has an internet connection)

Also, buy Brawl, but only incrementally so.

If I have to do too much work to switch from Game A to Game B, when Game B is best playwed with other people, and everyone else in my area doesn't play it, I see no reason why I would want to ever play it competitively.

I prefer normal Brawl. And I think I will always prefer it, until an official SSB4 comes out or it dies and we all go back to Melee: whichever happens first (not necessarily happening).
these are the reasons i want to hear...if B+ simply hasnt caught on in your area, and you dont think you need to change that, thats fine. if you've tried B+ and simply prefer vB, all the more power to you. i just dont want to hear things like 'im afraid it'll brick my wii' or 'it's melee 2.0', cuz those are just dumb, uneducated excuses.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yankees better win the world series, I voted for them on AiB and I want my badge >_>

@Brawl+: *shrug*
I also don't have an SD card, and haven't really paid attention to the game since they changed EVERYTHING so that rather than being a revamped, more competitive Brawl (with Meleelike properties) it's a totally different game and you have to relearn how all the moves work. That was many months ago, who knows how much more they've changed by now..?

I also can't watch Brawl+ videos on my computer, since video on my computer is utterly shot.

BBrawl sounds interesting, but I dunno.

When I get a new laptop (who knows when that will be -_-) I might check them out.

And people sure do talk about SSB4 a lot. Has there even been any confirmation that people are thinking about working on it, let alone actually working on it?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
ok, so, first off, im sorta playing a bit of devil's advocate here...i just want to see what you think and if there are still any Brawl+ misconceptions going on around here

well...not really...especially with the resources that we've put together (ie the single download package that contains everything) and we've gotten brawl+ to work without having to install homebrew, too. in my view, the recipe is nothing more complex than a ham&cheese sandwich...and you grill it to make it even more tasty...mmm...is it lunchtime yet?
Fair enough, but this arguement is still bad. Taking the ham&cheese arguement, it is still easier to eat JUST ham or JUST cheese than to prepare the two together along with bread and grilling it. It may be tastier, but the point I'm making is it takes more time to make, and you have to find the ingredients if you will. It may not be hard to do, but it is obviously LESS accessible than just taking the raw ingredient.

@Asdioh: Nope. There was a 7 year gap between Melee and Brawl too, wasn't there? I wouldn't expect SSB4 anytime soon.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
BBrawl sounds interesting, but I dunno.
BBrawl isn't too bad. They nurfed a lot of characters, but they also buffed a lot too. We had a whole BB tournament here and it was a lot of fun. They made it more of a Marth, Diddy, and one other character game instead of a MK game.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I want to try BBrawl.

I tried B+ a while back, and while it was fun, it was the sort of thing I could play for an hour or two, but it didn't really grab my attention enough to make me want to play it regularly.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hey me two... when it came to Brawl+ that is. I'm just having HBC for doing fun cheats on games like Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem RD, and playing Region Free games, like the next one that's coming out.... Puyo Puyo 7 for the Wii. <3

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Viper, we need to play our Puyo Puyo 7 match. Transformation and Fever. ;3 ♥

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
They made it more of a Marth, Diddy, and one other character game instead of a MK game.
Not good enough.

Let's just talk about how much Kirby sucks against a good snake player :lick:.
Hoo ha 21%. Grenade spam, grenade spam, grenade spam. Then he can literally stand still when you're in KO range and uptilt when you get close, and you WILL get hit by it eventually.

fman said:
I want to try BBrawl.

I tried B+ a while back, and while it was fun, it was the sort of thing I could play for an hour or two, but it didn't really grab my attention enough to make me want to play it regularly.
I agree with this whole poast.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
♣ Viper, we need to play our Puyo Puyo 7 match. Transformation and Fever. ;3 ♥
Alright alright I'll call and you host if your free. Though I would like it more if we played Brawl once in a while. >.>

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Let's just talk about how much Kirby sucks against a good snake player :lick:.
I dunno.... I have a great amount of Snake MU knowledge, I actually find it easier than many different characters. I know it's in Snake's advantage, but once you learn the character's ranges, kill%s, best options for each situation, and keep an eye on the explosives (which all sounds easier said than done), the match takes a huge turn for the better. If you run up to Snake and shield at high %s, you can get in a shieldgrab if you don't drop your shield. Otherwise, since you're shielding, he's going to either ftilt you, or grab you (and dthrow you most probably, so you have a 50/50 chance of him hitting/not hitting you).

It's stuff that's better shown, than said. People will just come up with theoretical solutions that players won't have the time to think in the heat of a match in these boards, which make MU ratios flawed...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm gonna change the topic title without Xiivi's permission when that happens. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To be fair, I don't care how Kirby performs in that MU, because playing it with Mario is so much more fun, as well as epicly awesome. (Did you know you can easily gimp Snake with Fludd? Good times.)

EDIT: And happy B-day in advance A1.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'm gonna change the topic title without Xiivi's permission when that happens. :3
Best.Present.Ever.

To be fair, I don't care how Kirby performs in that MU, because playing it with Mario is so much more fun, as well as epicly awesome. (Did you know you can easily gimp Snake with Fludd? Good times.)

EDIT: And happy B-day in advance A1.
Thanks ^_^ .

8 minutes and counting.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wait... it's A1's birthday is today?!? Weird, I thought it was on another day... oh well, happy birthday. =P

And I wish I didn't know someone that's a sickly gay skilled Puyo Puyo player, I just want to have fun, not be serous all the time, I want to do that in all the games I play including in tourney's. -_-;

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Does anyone do (or watch) parkour? G4 is having its Free-Running competitions, and none of my friends has even heard the word 'Parkour' before... I'm the only hyperactive mofo in my groups. :(

And, of course, A1lion deserves an A1steaksauce cake.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Does anyone do (or watch) parkour? G4 is having its Free-Running competitions, and none of my friends has even heard the word 'Parkour' before... I'm the only hyperactive mofo in my groups. :(

And, of course, A1lion deserves an A1steaksauce cake.
I watch it from time to time =D

Getting footage of my Kirby at Chu's hopefully this weekend =3

Top Bottom