• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken on SURVIVOR spoiler: Edrees wins survivor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
If there is a split vote then they will revote where you can only vote for the two people that were split (say if a vote went 3-3-1 then the one person would then be forced to vote for one of the other two). If there is a case where it is still a draw after that then everyone, not just the two that are being voted on, will have to pick a pebble out of a bag and if you get odd colored pebble then you are the one to go.

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
In the preview for next week, I think Ken's holding it over Bob's head and pointing out that he's Bob's only salvation right now. All Ken has to do is draw one more person into this Ken/Crystal/Bob alliance, and it's all good.

lol@Sugar ****** everyone in the Gabon questions

Velox

Smash Ace
haha Ken ****ed up, had he have voted Corrine absolutely nothing would have changed either way (fake or real idol)

-____________________________- what was he thinking?

embracethe12

Smash Lord
what are you talking about?
if the idol was real the person with the second most votes would be out, matty
ken was going to take matty out later anyways, but he did this strategy as a "just in case" it was real

see his plan was to flush out the idol (to see if it was real or not)
AND
take out matty

it worked to his advantage either way if it was real or not which is why it was a genius strategy
_

http://sc2gg.com/
:shyguy:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yup. the problem is that now matty probably knows that crystal/ken jumped sides and are now working against him, i guess matty might unleash the **** cuz that guy just got engaged and wont take that **** from a gamer

infomon

Smash Scientist
ken was going to take matty out later anyways, but he did this strategy as a "just in case" it was real

AND
take out matty

it worked to his advantage either way if it was real or not which is why it was a genius strategy
How so? Ken revealed that he was a traitor, not only with his vote but with his comments during Tribal.

And he didn't even need to expose that. He could have voted for Corinne, and Matty still would have been voted out if the idol was real. His "strategy" didn't make any sense... unless I'm really confused?

nuro

Smash Lord

AND
take out matty

_

http://sc2gg.com/
either A) I am ******** and don't understand this logic or B) You are ******** along with Ken

sure he could flush out the idol but what if it was fake and he didnt take out matty? Matty could build an alliance with sugar / susie and become final 3.

why not just vote for Corrine? there was no need to vote for Matty because he would of been out if she played the idol. And ken shouldn't have believed such an obvious lie. Marcus really did all that? Psh, you've gotta be kidding me.

on a further note what happens if votes get tied in tribal council? say bob,ken,crystal vs susie,matty,sugar?

either way sugars side has the upper hand since she can pass around the idol and save one... or not..

embracethe12

Smash Lord
either A) I am ******** and don't understand this logic or B) You are ******** along with Ken

sure he could flush out the idol but what if it was fake and he didnt take out matty? Matty could build an alliance with sugar / susie and become final 3.

why not just vote for Corrine? there was no need to vote for Matty because he would of been out if she played the idol. And ken shouldn't have believed such an obvious lie. Marcus really did all that? Psh, you've gotta be kidding me.

on a further note what happens if votes get tied in tribal council? say bob,ken,crystal vs susie,matty,sugar?

either way sugars side has the upper hand since she can pass around the idol and save one... or not..
lol whoa
anywho

their first plan was to take out bob cause he was a threat, but because bob got immunity
they had to jump to their next threat, matty.
corrine was already being voted out by sugar,susie, and matty, so bob and corrine were only 2 votes on matty.

ken has crystal in his hands, and he voted against matty BECAUSE he wanted the trust from the other side

i don't know why you fail to see that bob didn't have trust on anybody BUT corrine, but since he saw ken vote matty he now trusts ken

that would make it sugar, susie, matty vs bob, crystal, and ken
and who do you think will be able to pull susie and sugar to the other side? matty? or ken?

don't be an idiot.
_

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I honestly just got lost in teh past 2 pages. I didn't even understand Ken's plan as he was spelling it out. I think I do, but not sure. I think Steve was right, that he should've just voted for Corinne anyway, cuz if the idol was fake Matty would've have gone either way, and Ken wouldn't have have exposed himself as a traitor. All those comments before the vote were uneccessary and worked against him, IMO. As far as Matty goes, I doubt being newly engaged is going to steer his focus away from the game. He's still my all around favorite person, and if Ken weren't in the game I would hope he won 100%. Kinda bitter/sweet to see Ken flop on his longest and possibly strongest ally in the game, but I would do the same thing. When it comes down to it, either you play to win, or you don't. We all know Ken never sandbags, even in friendlies. This just proves he doesn't do it IRL either. As far as Corrine goes, I couldn't stand her and I'm glad she was voted off. Every episode showed her saying how she hated somebody, and how everybody else is so stupid. I think she is a self centered, mean, petty bully. She seems happy now, to be with her gang of losers. I wonder what's it's like to be one of her family members, watching her on TV and seeing how she behaved towards others. I would be ashamed of myself. I still wish to see Ken/Crystal/Matty in the top 3, but as it looks right now, with all this crazy switching of alliances, who knows wtf's going to happen... *DRAMATIC MUSIC* :confused:

Velox

Smash Ace
"embracethe12" but no, there's more problems than just that with the plan

Corrine was SURE in Ken's eye (Ken couldn't deny this, if Corrine truly accepted Ken/Crystal, she would have saved the idol for later..) that she wouldn't be voted off, cause the majority was going Matty, so why would she play the idol? It was always an obvious predicament that Ken would be where he is now well before the vote. It'd say I was 70% sure (assuming I didn't know the idol to be real or fake) that either Corrine wouldn't play the idol or that it was fake.

It was incredibly risky, especially to bank on Bob as a major ally when in fact he is the biggest threat in the game (he's physical and mental).

It was just an oversight, I'm sure Ken's kicking himself now. Though his plan had a small chance of very great success (as his gambles have all seem to be low-chance high-risk). He's throwing f-smash in some questionable situations.

I hope Sugar or Matty wins. Bob's cool, but that money's just going to become an inheritance (jk XD)

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
I was just ***** by Ken x_X

Never before had I had the chance to experience firsthand the true power of Ken. I was walking home last night through the dark allys of las angeles, alone, when all of a sudden, a dark shadowy figure jumped out from behind a dumpster. I jumped back in horror, and then I got a glipse of his face: it was none other than Ken! I was relieved. "hey man" I said. "wanna smash?"

he stared back at me at responded in a hissing, raspy voice, thet wassomehow still dark and seductive. "oh, we'll be smashing alright." thenhe leaped at me with the force and speed of a peacock, and pinned meagainst the wall with one hand as he covered my mouth with his second. at this point i realized that maybe we weren't talking about the samething, but i figured that this was ken, so i shouldnt worry.

and thats when he tore off my shoes.

i wasnt quite sure what to think. maybe ken thought i had cool shoes."like the shoes eh?" i said, but i dont think he heard me, because hewas too deeply engulfed in licking my feet... and then things started to get wierd.

but we will skip all the good details and just conclude it with the fact that Ken won, but I still learned quite a lot that day.

SUMMARY: shuffled fairs > me
and this is why smashboards should have youtube's +/- minus system

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
dayum!!!!!!!

Choknater's is like....

8===========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================D

embracethe12

Smash Lord
"embracethe12" but no, there's more problems than just that with the plan

Corrine was SURE in Ken's eye (Ken couldn't deny this, if Corrine truly accepted Ken/Crystal, she would have saved the idol for later..) that she wouldn't be voted off, cause the majority was going Matty, so why would she play the idol? It was always an obvious predicament that Ken would be where he is now well before the vote. It'd say I was 70% sure (assuming I didn't know the idol to be real or fake) that either Corrine wouldn't play the idol or that it was fake.
did you even read this :

ken has crystal in his hands, and he voted against matty BECAUSE he wanted the trust from the other side
i don't know why you fail to see that bob didn't have trust on anybody BUT corrine, but since he saw ken vote matty he now trusts ken
that would make it sugar, susie, matty vs bob, crystal, and ken
and who do you think will be able to pull susie and sugar to the other side? matty? or ken?
Crystal SAW the idol, no ones really sure what she thought, but it was enough to convince her that it was going to be played. The only reason a person shows off an idol, is to stray votes away from that person.

In ken's mind, what woulda happened is that when she had played the idol, then matty would be gone and they would not have even known that ken betrayed the other side cause the votes wouldn't have been counted, matty woulda just left since he was second. You don't SEE how many votes each person got, the second highest gets voted off.

Now if the idol was fake then everything i previously stated would come to play.
"that would make it sugar, susie, matty vs bob, crystal, and ken
and who do you think will be able to pull susie and sugar to the other side? matty? or ken?"

since the latter happened, ken has that trust with bob + crystal said herself that the only person she'd want out now is matty.

i don't know why i have to repeat myself. what exactly are you arguing? that things didn't fall into plan as ken intended? then yeah they didn't, but that doesn't make his decision a dumb one. he still has the upper hand.

and just for closure,
there is no doubt in my mind that sugar will defect to ken,bob, and crystal.
she doesn't have close ties with matty or susie
_
don't bring up how bob was irritated at what sugar did to randy, that's irrelevent

Kira-

Smash Champion
steven you're pretty much right except that in the trailer for the next episode, sugar bashes ken

matty told sugar that ken lied about ace and stuff and she believes him

so i think it will be up to susie again

and there is a likely chance of a tie unless crystal gets susie on her side again

bob really messed up ken's game, ken was scared of the idol so considering that he made the best decision he could

lol @ people saying the 2nd idol was an obvious lie when we can see everything that happens. to anyone in the game it's not obvious, plus bob made a hell of an idol

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i don't watch the next episode trailers
that's my bad by far
but i don't like the spoilers.
_
when i was typing "that's my bad" i first wrote "that's my bob"

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
if you are going to talk about the show then you would want to watch the next ep trailer and all those side episode things on the website. otherwise you dont have as much info as possible.

Kira-

Smash Champion
only noobs watch the next episode trailers, that's bad tv watching yo
for survivor you're almost forced to, because whoever gets voted off makes their final comments after the trailer. so if you want to watch that at all then you have to go through the trailer first. i suppose i could turn off the sound and try to skip to the end, but that's too much work for something that doesn't really matter

bob is too cool

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I don't care too much for Survivor so I just watch the next episode trailers. Besides, it doesn't spoil much anyway lol.

InsomniaK

Smash Apprentice
for survivor you're almost forced to, because whoever gets voted off makes their final comments after the trailer. so if you want to watch that at all then you have to go through the trailer first. i suppose i could turn off the sound and try to skip to the end, but that's too much work for something that doesn't really matter

bob is too cool
we still have that $5 bet right?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
you guys might have already gone over this, but why did Ken vote for Matty at all... If Corinne actually had an idol Matty would be gone regardless how many votes they got for him. I thought Ken shoulda seen it from the beginning, why would they be asking for his vote if both of them were safe? I guess they did split up the votes between Ken and Crystal...

Unless (and Ken would get mad props if this works) he was just trying to get Bob's trust and blindsight him next episode. Now that Ken appears vulnerable, Bob is likely to trust him more, hopefully they can just explain the situation to old fang and convince them they had it under control all along.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
leon conner and jdm got their **** straight

bob, matty, sugar prolly got high post count. tooo good

Jem.

Smash Master
If you want Survivor spoilers, PM me on here or AiB or even myspace rofl.. I can tell you with proof if Ken makes it into the Final three or not if you want to know. Just dont wanna spoil it for everyone.

EDIT: Wall of text coming since a lot of you don't understand why Ken did what he did.

Ken really had no choice. It was a great plan, and still worked out for him. All Matty/Fang knows is that someone voted for him, why would he think it was Ken? Ken and Matty have been best friends for the whole 30 whatever days so far, he has no reason to think it was Ken who voted for him. Matty would probably think it was Susie or Crystal before Ken.

Imagine Ken's situation..

Bob has won immunity, you hear a legit reason that Corinne could have an idol for herself. If you vote with Bob and Corinne and they both have idols, you get to join their alliance because you trusted them, and you are now on the better alliance (If Matty is gone, Ken is the only good player on Fang). If you vote against them and lose Matty, you're stuck with the bad fang team.

Also, he probably just won Corinnes vote if he makes the finale and Bob isn't there. Corinne likes Ken too now.

Double EDIT: Matty goes home NO MATTER WHAT as long as Ken, Crystal, and Bob vote Matty. Matty loses the tiebreaker because in the result of a tie, the person with the most votes previously goes home. Bob has never received a vote to be sent home, Matty has received 3. Thus, as long as Ken Crystal and Bob vote Matty, he goes home regardless.

infomon

Smash Scientist
.. but if the idol was real, Matty would have gone home even if Ken had voted Corinne.
and remember what they all said during Tribal? Ken and Crystal both said that something interesting would be happening with this vote, and that trust was suspect. They completely incriminated themselves.

Jem.

Smash Master
You read my post, right?
Ken had to take the risk that he'd be okay if the idol was fake and if the idol was real. So that was his best bet, two birds with one stone. Because, again, if it were real and he voted Corinne, Matty would go home, Ken would be stuck on fang with a horrible group, and Ken would likely be the next target.

It doesn't even matter though, because if Bob, Crystal, and Ken vote Matty at tribal, Matty goes home no matter what so, we'll see if they take that route. And we'll see if Bob actually gives Ken immunity if he wins like he says he will do.

And Ken said that because its true. Have you ever watched the show before, or do you act like you know everything? Once you get down to this point, everyone becomes paranoid about their own alliance. Ken said we'll SEE what happens and that the voting right now is crucial for paranoia reasons. Fang likely won't even find out it was Ken who placed his vote on Matty, for reasons stated in my previous post.

And, by the way, the way Ken is playing the game, is the way some of the previous winners have played. But maybe you don't realize that.

Taken from Jeff Probst (the host of survivor) blog himself after the show:

"Kenny the master manipulator is at it again. Spreading lies and making up stories like any good potential Survivor winner must do! Bravo Kenny. You are really playing this game and I love it. Side note: When I first met Kenny in casting I told him he could not win this game. Yes I am ready to admit I was wrong if he does. I will say it loud and I will say it at the live finale. I'm not proud."

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ohhhkay, I misunderstood some of your previous post. You're quite right, and thx for the clarifications.

Come oooon Keeeeeen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom