• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken on SURVIVOR spoiler: Edrees wins survivor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously

once u know how to play

theres really no need to go any further cuz the game is so **** hard

and i'd rather watch pros play all day cuz they are freaking crazy

ugh jaedong used to be my favorite

BUT THAT ***** LOST TO FBH AND TEMPEST?!?!??! randomz imo

im rooting for stork more than flash this season on averatec intel classic

Sleepy

Smash Ace
my new fave is really nada, suprised he's still in it, the older style is still working. Boxer has rusted his skills over not as good as before. I don't really know a lot of other good tarren players.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
nick tasteless plott makes starcraft imo
i was gonna watch some iccup match but the commentary was horrid so i didnt
adam i dont play either but its still amazingggggggg
i would 100% buy a panda bear guy t shirt
its terran lol
zerg 4 lyfe

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Tasteless' brother Sean used to go the same college as me and he would always get some random room in academics for watching Korean Starcraft tournaments. His commentary is also amazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nice nice nice

im in a pokemon trainer online brawl free tourny and theres a prize loool TOO GOOD

Sleepy

Smash Ace
FBH forever

i have his poster over my bed.
yeah fbh is really **** good, too bad he's a little shunned for completely obliterating savior. It's savior's fault though, he usually has the upper hand in ZvT matchups but firebathero shattered his confidence.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i really felt the emotion when tasteless screamed NOOOOO!!! when the drones were getting stormed

tasteless was so sad "I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES LITTLE SUZIE" ors omething like that

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man you really like to generalize

i love black men but i hate their personalities

o well i guess its different sicne there are actually no asian girls listening to this convo

jk p i know stereotypes are true

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
generalizations are generalizations for a reason. don't worry, i hate most black people's personalities too, but at least the ones who have a better chance of being acceptable are easy to spot.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Poor Jaedong. FBH has started him on a slump too =( It's Savior all over again.
Sea tried to BC Jaedong too but wasn't confident with it though it would've destroyed and the game would've been over a lot sooner had he done it right.

Protoss is destroying worlds.

Nada will forever be a pimp too.

I would like Flash to win GSL, but I think Stork is most likely to win. A Bisu is fine too.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
stereotypes exist for a reason
and they are strengthened by themselves as we all get socialized into knowing what they are lol

but i am really liking this +1 ranged attack trend for zergies cuz hyrdalisks are my favortie unit this week

Sleepy

Smash Ace
yeah, I really like most tarren players, I don't really care/like the other races. Tarren has so many diverse units with little tactics. I really like vulture plays and nukes a lot, along with the rare ZvP lockdown bull****. Too bad Dark swarm and plague really ****s up tarren. Even if irridate is their answer back, just doesn't seem as effective.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i generally dont like protoss but i think stork is cute and a nice boy so he should win tournaments

flash is crazy hes liek the mew2king of sc

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
yeah, but every race has little things like that. i always thought vultures sucked until i watched 2 of them eat a group of marines alive lol. their hold command micro is really sexy to watch done well

Sleepy

Smash Ace
it seems players who win ZvT often have to prevent getting rushed, and mindgame their opponent out of getting owned by the sheer quickness of mutas and lings. Without sci vessels the matchup is helpless, not to mention the expensive gas cost of sci vessels and taxable energy costs. Vultures are really interesting, partially expandable after their mines are depleted and hit and run completely.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea vultures are really flimsy, but high damage and take out lings/marines/workers really quickly

successful vulture harrassment is so beautiful cuz they only cost 75 min but take out way more units than they're worth

plus the mines baby

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I don't like M&M's so much, seems more pew pew than anything. I know it's a strong foundation with basic units but still. I kinda miss boxer's block ins and tank dropship tricks. SC seems more macro right now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i guess the players dont wanna do ballsy stuff in tourny anymore

cuz ive seen crazy stuff like slow overlord drop 2 lurkers on workers but that is so wasteful and risky if done wrong, but tight

any unorthodox stuff is cool to watch but hella risky in those pro tournys

Sleepy

Smash Ace
standard play gets boring to watch sometimes, unless there is flashy micro. I really liked those old pimpest plays on sclegacy.com. Stuff like the 3 marines going counter clockwise dodging lurker's spikes and killing it without getting hit.

JDM

Smash Champion
I was just ***** by Ken x_X

Never before had I had the chance to experience firsthand the true power of Ken. I was walking home last night through the dark allys of las angeles, alone, when all of a sudden, a dark shadowy figure jumped out from behind a dumpster. I jumped back in horror, and then I got a glipse of his face: it was none other than Ken! I was relieved. "hey man" I said. "wanna smash?"

he stared back at me at responded in a hissing, raspy voice, thet wassomehow still dark and seductive. "oh, we'll be smashing alright." thenhe leaped at me with the force and speed of a peacock, and pinned meagainst the wall with one hand as he covered my mouth with his second. at this point i realized that maybe we weren't talking about the samething, but i figured that this was ken, so i shouldnt worry.

and thats when he tore off my shoes.

i wasnt quite sure what to think. maybe ken thought i had cool shoes."like the shoes eh?" i said, but i dont think he heard me, because hewas too deeply engulfed in licking my feet... and then things started to get wierd.

but we will skip all the good details and just conclude it with the fact that Ken won, but I still learned quite a lot that day.

SUMMARY: shuffled fairs > me

Kira-

Smash Champion
JDM What The ****

stereotypes exist for a reason
and they are strengthened by themselves as we all get socialized into knowing what they are lol
very nice

if i could i'd make your posts worth two posts so you could double your post count for about 10 mins

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
wow that would be the best buff ever. i would make a post every 30 seconds for 2 a minute for 10 minutes is 20 x2 is 40 :]

but you know what is funny? teens are always so focused with trying to escape from society's hold on them and just 'be myself,' but your entire true-to-you self is inherently based in society's values. they may not be what the majority thinks, but everything you learned came from somewhere or somebody. so its impossible to escape the system. if that was possible we would be nothing more than beasts; see what happens to feral children

but every race in SC has a gay little counter thing that you have to deal with in the current metagame. the reason they are so widely used it because they are good. like zerg in ZvT zerg have gnarly muta harassment and dark swarm late game. PvZ early game probe harrassment and corsairs FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. and idk what Terran has that is good lol. EMP ***** templars.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
but you know what is funny? teens are always so focused with trying to escape from society's hold on them and just 'be myself,' but your entire true-to-you self is inherently based in society's values.
only to a certain extent; the 'be myself' is adapting whatever values you want to yourself. in other words, yes, humans are social creatures, but that doesn't mean we also can't be independent thinkers.

they may not be what the majority thinks, but everything you learned came from somewhere or somebody. so its impossible to escape the system.
what is "escape the system"? that's pretty ambiguous. anyway, you can apply everything you learned from somewhere or somebody into an individual combination that's your own. sounds like escaping the system to me.

if that was possible we would be nothing more than beasts; see what happens to feral children
wat

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
back when i was little i thought firebats SUCKED even though they countered zerglings
but recently ive come to REALLY like them. especially in that one match where the 1 firebat got blocked by the 2 medics by the minerals and CLEANED **** UP
suzie called it a menage troi (SP) but nick didnt catch it

i mean back when i was in HS i knew a lot of people who were very into the idea that 'i cant do that because its too mainstream.' 'i dont like that because everyone else does' 'i want to be an individual and 100% unique in every way'

im saying this is impossible because without outside influences humans would be beasts. kids that get raised in the wild by like wolves are called feral children and they are little more than animals. what makes us more than that is our various cultures, which instil values in our subconscious that will rarely be overcome. but the youth often times despises society and villanizes it. ironically, without culture they wouldnt even be able to think that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom