• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken on SURVIVOR spoiler: Edrees wins survivor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i mean back when i was in HS i knew a lot of people who were very into the idea that 'i cant do that because its too mainstream.' 'i dont like that because everyone else does' 'i want to be an individual and 100% unique in every way'
this is called being an idiot. high school / ages 14-18 = worst ages you'll go through. no one should take any of that **** seriously. probably the major reason i'll never have kids.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
nice 11k
i dont want kids either
one day i was in the shower thinking about **** we were talking about in one of my humanities class. and i thought to myself that ive pretty much figured out for myself who i am, and it struck me that without society i wouldnt be anything. to me it was sort of an epiphany

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i think if you think you've totally figured out who you are, you're doing it wrong

i could go into a whole bunch of psychology babble but this sentence will suffice.

oh yeah, the "without society i wouldn't be anything" i don't agree with at all because the way you phrase it means you're giving credit to society when they really didn't do anything. kind of in the same way i hate the "without family i wouldn't be anything" because yes, while it's kind of true, it's also kind of not since your family helped you out for their own selfish reasons.

wait, i crossed into philosophy. i'm one of those dudes who thinks no action is truly unselfish so yeah.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
thats not to say im not open to new ideas n stuff

but basically i was just marveling at the thousands of years of development that led up to today, and how all of it matters. without the progression of human culture we would all be as intelligent as a cave man (dumb)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
humans have done and continue to do amazing stuff

which is why it's so disappointing to look at american society today

lesson learned: don't rest on your laurels

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
koreans are amazing at starcraft

i really love zerg. i like the option for either of 2 powerful techs, muta or lurker. both are strong units for both ground and air. and ive always loved builds with cheap units and a lot of them. probably why i like medic marine. i forget who i was watching, but some zerg player was down in food count, but up an expansion. so he just kept streaming zerglings and stockpiled enough gas to bust out 8 ultralisks once they were runnign low on cash. he played pretty sloppy, but i liked his race lol

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
protoss is the best dude. ****ing zealots are the pimpest unit in the game -- how can their first unit be such a consistent backbone of their army. their units have the coolest special abilities: sci storm with templars, ****ing transforming into the archon, the arbiter either zipping units across the map or making you invisible... cool **** like that is what i wanna do

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You know, a lot of the people on the DC++ hub play SC, you guys should come on sometime. Plus we get lonely on the hub sometimes ._.
Zealots are ****ing badass.

I also think there is no such thing as a truly unselfish action.

Kira-

Smash Champion
protoss is the best dude. ****ing zealots are the pimpest unit in the game -- how can their first unit be such a consistent backbone of their army. their units have the coolest special abilities: sci storm with templars, ****ing transforming into the archon, the arbiter either zipping units across the map or making you invisible... cool **** like that is what i wanna do
that was very well put, almost makes me wanna learn protoss

but the feeling of dread that no matter how many you kill there will always be three more of them to fill their place is pretty nice

I also think there is no such thing as a truly unselfish action.
looks like you guys have life on lock

what do you guys think of everyone ending up like their parents

in short, i say not me

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
People who don't much question ideas or values they are fed, and who have sufficiently overbearing parents, probably end up like their parents (of course your parents are probably 2 different people themselves, but I know what you mean). A lot of people fall into the first category, but nowadays with all the influences and different perspectives kids are likely to encounter thanks to the intarwebs and social networking, it's becoming harder for parents to be THE source for values for their kids. Which I'd regard as a good thing. I suppose also genetically you're predisposed to certain similar tendencies as your parents.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I've heard that most kids parent how their parents parented them.
I don't know if that's scientifically backed up by facts or not.
without reading any specific studies i'd definitely be inclined to say that was true. the influence your parents have on you is ingrained in a lot of ways you aren't really cognizant of at the time, and most people don't ever see how. for example, the cliche of if your dad cheated on your mom, then you'll probably cheat on your significant other. if your father was yelling a lot at your mom in the household then you internalize that and it doesn't seem excessive for you to do the same at a woman, etc. knawmsayin

obviously you can apply the same to the prospective kids

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Yeah for anyone that saw Survivor, it was pretty epic with Bob making another idol and tricking Ken into almost throwing away his social game.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just ***** by Ken x_X

Never before had I had the chance to experience firsthand the true power of Ken. I was walking home last night through the dark allys of las angeles, alone, when all of a sudden, a dark shadowy figure jumped out from behind a dumpster. I jumped back in horror, and then I got a glipse of his face: it was none other than Ken! I was relieved. "hey man" I said. "wanna smash?"

he stared back at me at responded in a hissing, raspy voice, thet wassomehow still dark and seductive. "oh, we'll be smashing alright." thenhe leaped at me with the force and speed of a peacock, and pinned meagainst the wall with one hand as he covered my mouth with his second. at this point i realized that maybe we weren't talking about the samething, but i figured that this was ken, so i shouldnt worry.

and thats when he tore off my shoes.

i wasnt quite sure what to think. maybe ken thought i had cool shoes."like the shoes eh?" i said, but i dont think he heard me, because hewas too deeply engulfed in licking my feet... and then things started to get wierd.

but we will skip all the good details and just conclude it with the fact that Ken won, but I still learned quite a lot that day.

SUMMARY: shuffled fairs > me
XD @ r1k

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I thought that could move could end up winning it for him or losing it for him. If he can somehow get to the final two he will probably win it since that one act single handedly got Corinne to like him and everyone on the jury hates everyone else but Ken and Bob so I think they will vote for him as long as it isn't Bob in the final two. That's only if he hasn't ruined his chances of getting there from his original alliance.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
They don't always go to the final 2. Sometimes they have a final 3.

Matty's probably going to be super paranoid in the next episode. Unless he can't count to three or something.

It was cool to see Jenny on the show, but where was Mana?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just watched it on cbs

mana woulda been funnier LOL

he woulda been like "aite so you win this game, you give me the money right? then we can set up OC4 and make another 20k we got this"

Kira-

Smash Champion
genius dude.
there's nothing else i can say about that episode
strategic
genius.
_
:shyguy:
word

ken telling crystal to still vote for corinne was smart

except now ken is ****ed lol

iankobe wtf u talkin bout, susie/sugar/matty are wary of ken now, he has to take one of them out or they're getting rid of him the episode after next

also what happens if there's a split vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom