• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kel's Japanese information thread- updated with JAPANESE TIER LIST

suinoko/Jade Stern

Smash Cadet
In Japan,it is considered that to make tier list is not good.
But I want you to know more about Japanese players,so I made this list!
Empty columns mean I don't know much about this character.

I want you to note that it is about GOOD Japanese players,not BEST players to the end.

Mario:めた(Meta)

Luigi:

Wario:カイト(Kaito),もょもと(Moyomoto),頑張らない(Ganbaranai),レヴァー(Rever)

Peach:IKKI(Ikki),WHITE(White),マータン(Matan),すいのこ(Suinoko),オクト(Oct)

Yoshi:カラミティ(Karamity)

Koopa:

Link:スマッシャー(Smasher),はしも(Hashimo)

Zelda:IKKI,あーす(Earth)

Sheik:あーす,サレナ(Sarena)

Ganondorf:イイ(Ii),ns(ns)

Toon Link:

Pikachu:よねすけ(Yonesuke),しゃわ(shawa)

Jigglypuff:SOVA(Sova)

Pokemon Trainer:チャム(Chamu)

Lucario:フィー桜(Fi sakura),ウダリオ(Udario)

Kirby:うに(Uni)

Metaknight:あきら(Akira),まさし(Masashi),RAIN(Rain),エル(Eru),ボムソルジャー(Bombsoldier)

Dedede:パペピア(Papepia),スマッシャー(Smasher),ハンガー(Hanger)

Pit:まさし,あーす

Ice Climbers:SIN(Sin),ニョホ(Nyoho),かけら(Kakera)

Captain Olimar:ブルード(Burudo),ごんた(Gonta)

Samus:頑張らない,くらげ(Kurage)

Zero Suit Samus:IKKI

Donkey Kong:リュウジ(Ryuji),オクト

Diddy Kong:がの(gano),ながはり(Nagahari),みなみ(Minami).カイト,頑張らない

Ike:Selcia(Selcia),Abyss(Abyss)

Marth:Disk(Disk),celice(celice),ぴっく(Pick)

Lucas:たいへいた(Taiheita)

Ness:たびゴマ(Tabigoma),ちゃた(Chata)

Fox:シン(Sin),ゆい(Yui),めた,RAIN

Falco:RAIN,ああああ(Aaaa)

Wolf:

Captain Falcon:RAIN

Sonic:煌めき(Kirameki),RATS(Rats)

Snake:9B(9B),サウザー(Souther),シュウ(shu),hiko(hiko)

Mr,Game&Watch:けいん(Kein),まんちゃら(Manchara),SLS(SLS)

R.O.B:リュウジ

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wow nice list but what are we supposed to do with it? Do they have videos on youtube.
If theyre only good though, wouldnt most them not have that many vids up, especially with there being less tournies in Japan?

Dont get me wrong, I searched and found many of the names online. Its just that I cant find vids for certain characters.

Tamoo

Smash Master
niconico is quite a pain to navigate if you dont know japanese, but its a very good source for japanese brawl vids,
does anyone know if its possible to change the language cos getting by on my limited japanese knowledge is quite tough lol

jokey665

Smash Ace
niconico is quite a pain to navigate if you dont know japanese, but its a very good source for japanese brawl vids,
does anyone know if its possible to change the language cos getting by on my limited japanese knowledge is quite tough lol
I'm pretty sure it's not. Your best bet is to run it through google translator.

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you all that the reason I haven't posted anything new besides the tier list is because I have nothing to report. I haven't played with anyone since LAST weekend, and this weekend is the big Tokyo tournament, so everyone is out of town at that. I should be playing with the guys next weekend a bunch though, so I'll make sure to take a crap ton of videos and ask them the questions you want answered.

To the people curious about how X character does in Japan: Other than the tier list and the people I've already played, I have no clue. I'll try my best to gauge things and take videos of as many characters as possible. Anyone in Nagoya, I'll probably end up playing and having a bunch of videos up (IE smasher). I can't promise anything or anyone outside of Nagoya, but I'll try my best.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just got back from staying the night at Gonta's house. Tons and tons of smashing went down. Other than smashing, the only thing that happened was eating melon and strawberry pasta...anyway...

I took over 3 GB of videos. They're being transfered to my computer now and will be uploaded on youtube whenever time permits.

They told me about a couple cool combos/ locks. I made a video explaining these things in training mode, so I'll upload that soon.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Sounds nice Kel, thanks for providing us this info, and of course we're all interested in the locks/combos the Japanese have found out, so do upload if you've got the time for it :).
Also, can you tell right away if they are NEW locks/combos?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Random question, where's their competitive community "housed" online? Do they have an equivalent of smashboards?

I'd be interested in checking it out (and I can at least read and write in Japanese well, I'll consider interacting with their community practice).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is a bit off topic, but maybe you can answer this question for me. Who are the characters the Japanese would like to see in the next game. I know it's a bit early to think about this, but are they any characters not in Smash they want (or want to return).

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
OFF TOPIC- Kel!!!! Come Back!! We need you Over Here In Cincinnati....We need you at these big Tournaments....

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is a bit off topic, but maybe you can answer this question for me. Who are the characters the Japanese would like to see in the next game. I know it's a bit early to think about this, but are they any characters not in Smash they want (or want to return).
Weren't the Japanese the ones who suggested King Dedede be in Brawl?

Thank you Japan. You have served your king better than you know.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

King Dedede was meant to be playable since 64 along with few others (Pit, Peach, Bowser?)...long story short: N64 cartdridges suck and didnt have enough space.
I don't know about Melee though.

I know for sure that they suggested Geno though.

King Dedede was meant to be playable since 64 along with few others (Pit, Peach, Bowser?)...long story short: N64 cartdridges suck and didnt have enough space.
I don't know about Melee though.

I know for sure that they suggested Geno though.
I also think that those characters weren't put in for fear of sakurai over representing his series.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi racists lol. No way Mario's better.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Those were some pretty good tricks. The Diddys you use the instant throw a lot on stages like BF but the other trick with the shield was pretty cool. I didnt see the DDD combo :(

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
What pit?! Well if they used the Dair canceled Up B right, then proly i understand.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Well, I'm looking ahead into the next game. We never have a clear idea due to language barriers, so I was wondering who they want to see.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
That tier list is pretty similar to ours, the only glaring differnces being Pit up so high, and to a lesser extent, Zelda/Sheik

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
im surprised at pit being S. masashi must be a convicted rapist.

btw kel, did u hear of a post brawl melee scene over there? also do their marths and falcos differ much from americas?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
This thread is really interesting. The Japanese brawl players are really good and I am really surprise about their brawl tier list. Also, some Japanese players play with low tier characters and they make them seem as they are really good which I really like LOL

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I really think Pit deserves more credit than he gets. I mean in Ankokus Tourny List, Pits like 10th which means he must be getting a least decent tourny results. If more people picked him up and used him how he should be played, as in not just camping, Id say hed be higher up on the tier list though I doubt hed be as high as on the japense tier list :ohwell:

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys. I couldn't go to the fest last week because I was sick.

Gonta just texted me telling me that 9B, Smasher (best player in Nagoya/ best link in the world), Hiko, and Iota will all be attending the fest tomorrow. Looks like I'll have lots of good videos to update with soon.

I'll ask about the Wolf combo again

I haven't heard anything about Melee

The guys saw that I posted a couple "tricks" videos from the ones they've shown me, so I'm sure they're racking their brains to come up with new things to show us all. Just stay tuned. Any and all information I receive, I'll immediately pass on to you guys.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
In addition to the Wolf combo on D3, could you get the names of the best Japanese Wolf players and possibly links to videos of their matches as well? I did check the Japanese Match Video Archives, but it doesn't have many Wolf videos.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey Kel, don't let this information go to waste! Hook me up with the info so I can come to the tournaments too. I'm also maining metaknight but I still keep up with DDD. I have to get better before coming out there so if I can learn about the community out there I would definitely participate in tournaments out there. PLEASE update me about things whenever we're both online (fairly often).

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
dang that mk footstool combo on snake is sexy

my snakes now gonna get ***** more lol

edit: wow japanese snakes are wayyy different. I dont know if this has been asked before, but what do they think about the snake vs mk matchup? is it 50:50/55:45, or other?

Top Bottom