• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas, Iowa, Missouri Brawl Circuit Thread! UPDATED 3/12/10

Where should the championship event be held?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
An INTERESTING discussion. Both sides of the argument are already layed out so I have nothing to really contribute besides the fact that nobody good is going to want to team with me for doubles at my last midwest tournament even though doubles is my favorite event, bawwwwww

Unless I MAKE them. :ike:
Are you even coming to any of these events?

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I thought Team Circuit points should've been individually handed out from the get-go, since giving them out to teams complicated things (much like the glitch in it where one person can take two winning spots). It'd be a waste of time for players without consistent partners and I'd rather take the route where more people have purpose in competing. I'd really like to come up with a middle ground where it's not essential to have a set partner, but there's a little bonus in there for those that do. This way Team Circuit doesn't lose it's definition of a Team while not alienating those without set partners.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
nicole said shes teaming with you until you leave cool cat
Regardless, I'd feel pretty gay teaming with anyone and hurting their circle points. Nicole's Peach is amazing in teams, and I believe she's the best doubles player in the midwest. Though I'm confident we'd place in doubles again (or even win if I play better), trying to hog her to myself and **** her circuit points would be pretty lame of me so I would hope some sort of compromise could be reached.

Are you even coming to any of these events?
Yes, I'm coming to the tournament next week but that's the only one I'll be able to make. Lookin for some ******** Ike dittos? lololol

Nicole

Smash Champion
Regardless, I'd feel pretty gay teaming with anyone and hurting their circle points. Nicole's Peach is amazing in teams, and I believe she's the best doubles player in the midwest. Though I'm confident we'd place in doubles again (or even win if I play better), trying to hog her to myself and **** her circuit points would be pretty lame of me so I would hope some sort of compromise could be reached.
Well, I think we should team regardless. If the point distribution goes by teams instead of individually, then I'll just not count this one tournament for the circuit, and will use the points I get from every other event where I don't team with you.

However, I hope that things will work out a little better than that.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Oh you, goin through such trouble for lil ol' me. <3

I also got the idea that Andrew wanted to team with me, but after seeing Will and him do pretty well last weekend and the revelation of the point distribution system I feel they should probably stick together. But I'll leave that up to you guys to sort out.

And wtf Metal, you're on the computer all the time aren't you? Do you use AIM or anything? I added your metalmusicman04 tag but you're never on :@

Cook

Smash Master
Jsyk, Will isn't going to SLAST, so I do need to find some sort of partner. Who likes me?

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you and Nicole should team lolol

You could stand in front and do gay pikmin things, and Nicole could throw turnips over your head. It would be hilarious! Srsly though, that sounds pretty good D:

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I believe she's the best doubles player in the midwest.
I vote Mr. Doom. His follow ups are amazing and he gets them alllllll the time. If he mained a better character, we'd all be f***ed.

Nicole

Smash Champion

You could stand in front and do gay pikmin things, and Nicole could throw turnips over your head. It would be hilarious! Srsly though, that sounds pretty good D:
Not happenin'. And while what you said does work, Peach can't ever save Olimar, so he dies at about 60% every stock.

Cook

Smash Master

Dude, you see us together all the time. Surely you can imagine what happens if I'm on the same team as her. :psycho:

Honestly, though, it's not much worse than teaming with Will. ;p

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you see us together all the time. Surely you can imagine what happens if I'm on the same team as her. :psycho:

Honestly, though, it's not much worse than teaming with Will. ;p
lmfao you're right, she might get physical.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Cook is the best partner in the whole world! I love him! He's the best! OMN NOM NOM NOM COOKIES

Yeah, I'm not going to SLAST. I would, but I realized it's on the same weekend as EVO 2010... and I'd be crazy to miss that stream.

Also yeah, Nicole is probably at least top 10 in the entire Midwest in doubles. Plus she has boobs. I don't think she'll have a hard time finding a partner in Watkin's absence :p

Honestly, I'm curious to team with Nicole sometime, since we never have. It could either be really good or really bad... either way, I'd like to find out eventually.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Just an FYI to everyone (Cook included), I'm looking for a partner. It can just be a one event thing, seeing as I'm not sure what will happen after this one.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Attention Midwest West:

I need your help for a Midwest expansion project. It requires people who can record matches/take photos/do interviews/do write-ups; about three or four people would be OK. Nobody from MWE can travel to SLAST iirc but I would definitely like some coverage on this tournament.

PM me if you are interested. There's no incentive I can offer but an even better future for the Smash community if we can do this right, as well as better visibility for the Midwest.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Attention Midwest West:

I need your help for a Midwest expansion project. It requires people who can record matches/take photos/do interviews/do write-ups; about three or four people would be OK. Nobody from MWE can travel to SLAST iirc but I would definitely like some coverage on this tournament.

PM me if you are interested. There's no incentive I can offer but an even better future for the Smash community if we can do this right, as well as better visibility for the Midwest.
Sounds awesome! Hopefully you get some offers :)

I'd like to help at some of these other events-- unfortunately I'm not going to SLAST though.

MJG

Smash Hero
Attention Midwest West:

I like this idea. I know that something like this was attempted at Hot Dickings! but no one decided to follow through with it.

I am sure that Mr. Doom will take care of recordings. Fino could probably get some pictures. I don't know who would be willing to do interviews/be interviewed and I could possibily do write-ups (depends on how much time I have between my two jobs and college stuff).

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Thank you to all the volunteers that have offered so far.

I will also need commentary...PROFESSIONAL commentary. Doesn't mean it can't be funny, it just has to be insightful 80% and not use real names/inside jokes unless they're made clear.

clowsui

Smash Legend
This is good! So far I have Fino and Future on-board...Mr. Doom if you could send me a PM as soon as you're confirmed that'd be nice. If you're wondering why I'm such a stickler for the PM it's so that I can make sure that you have your responsibilities/my expectations in your personal records.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Tentative ruling on Doubles Points has been added to the Original Post. This is not 100% official as we have to determine the exact penalty for switching teammates, it may lower in the future. We will iron everything out for the doubles circuit points before the second event.

Thank you~

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Ah there's we go, looks great, and wasn't that hard!

While the penalties are still a little rough it's definitely a start on making everyone happy and allowing people the freedom to experiment a little bit and keep things interesting.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
1/4 is too small imo. I talked to Steeler and I think we agreed that half would be "fair." It's still hard to bounce back with even half but it at least makes it possible.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Still would like some volunteers for my efforts =D Promise I'll explain everything, I have a link but I just want it to be distributed privately because the site's not finished yet.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i agree that half points would be more fair than 1/4 points, however, it looks pretty good, i'm glad we could reach some sort of compromise that (i imagine) works fairly well for everyone.

i'm pretty happy with it.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
i agree that half points would be more fair than 1/4 points, however, it looks pretty good, i'm glad we could reach some sort of compromise that (i imagine) works fairly well for everyone.

i'm pretty happy with it.
3 or 4 pages back...

In my opinion, I don't see why this debate is even happening, I mean, there have been several other circuits. It's amazing that we don't just follow suit with them. Personally, I liked Overswarm's method. Perhaps 1/4 is too small for teams that split, but something along those lines should work.
Ahem. Yes. This is nice.

Top Bottom