• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas, Iowa, Missouri Brawl Circuit Thread! UPDATED 3/12/10

Where should the championship event be held?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

This circuit is the KS-IA-MO Circuit, and not the MW:W Circuit. I see no problem with two out of three states actively participating in a three-state circuit. Besides, Iowa will host its circuit event this weekend.

Dnyce

Smash Master
doesn't matter, Missouri and Iowa failed hard.
*fixed*
LOL y u mad bra? has nothing to do with me. I guess if you want to call it Missouri Kansas circuit then it didn't really fail but then you have a "circuit" that involves two states.

For starters, Colorado runs a circuit within their own state so I wouldn't see the issue in a circuit between two states.

Also, Missouri kinda just lobbed its tournament in right before brainshock (also used pools instead of circuit point seeding). If you want to call it Kansas circuit then it didn't really fail.

Iowa is hosting this weekend, cause Yink is apparently the only person in Iowa with the competency to organize an event that doesn't run in Joker's basement. Actually, I take that back - shout outs to Mr. Jake Budden, that country club place or w/e was an amazing venue and executed really well last minute.
It's just hard to get a MW:W circuit going when MO and KS are the only two *active* states, though.
But whatevs, it's been fun and good reason to have quite a few tourneys recently.
Well, Iowa used to be active... and they just kinda died out of nowhere when the circuit started, lol. Also, MW:W would have to include events all the way up in MN... and I doubt many people want to drive up to MN tbh. Mad props to you guys who come down here <3

This circuit is the KS-IA-MO Circuit, and not the MW:W Circuit. I see no problem with two out of three states actively participating in a three-state circuit. Besides, Iowa will host its circuit event this weekend.
^This

To other peoples: If Iowa chose not to participate in the circuit besides their own event... why does that matter? The goal of the circuit was to promote growth and all that funtastic rainbow shiz... so if Kansas and Missouri are the only states wanting to take advantage of that, so be it. I mean hell, look at the people complaining... Todd and David have probably grown the most as players since the circuit started, at least imo / what I've seen.

W/e though, I'll be done after this anyway. Kansas seemed to be the only state really interested in upping the competition, missouri kind of just followed along and pulled the bare minimum, and iowa almost completely ****ed out.

Trent

Smash Champion
Usually I never agree with Fino on anything 'cause he's either being an *** or a troll. The post right above mine is absolute truth.

I'm moving to Kansas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

W/e though, I'll be done after this anyway. Kansas seemed to be the only state really interested in upping the competition, missouri kind of just followed along and pulled the bare minimum, and iowa almost completely ****ed out.
I'm not really sure what you mean by this, missouri has had 2 circuit evens just like kansas and I can't speak for kahoka but I know Rauleen worked her *** off to run and advertise HD:R, not to mention all the food we made. Missouri has been to pretty much every event as well.

Usually I never agree with Fino on anything 'cause he's either being an *** or a troll. The post right above mine is absolute truth.

I'm moving to Kansas.
You know what there is to do in Kansas?

...me either lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You know what there is to do in Kansas?
Well, I think JoWiiCIDE pointed it out clearly during HD2. We practice SDI, and we play Pokémon Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon, and we sometimes play Yu-Gi-Oh. Come to Kansas, Hylian. This place is known for its insane weather patterns, not to mention that it's a flat, flat state.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, I think JoWiiCIDE pointed it out clearly during HD2. We practice SDI, and we play Pokémon Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon, and we sometimes play Yu-Gi-Oh. Come to Kansas, Hylian. This place is known for its insane weather patterns, not to mention that it's a flat, flat state.
That doesn't sound appealing lol. I like doing things outside of smash/games.

You know what they do in Nebraska?!

:(
The same thing as Kansas! lol

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Iowa is hosting this weekend, cause Yink is apparently the only person in Iowa with the competency to organize an event that doesn't run in Joker's basement. Actually, I take that back - shout outs to Mr. Jake Budden, that country club place or w/e was an amazing venue and executed really well last minute.

Well, Iowa used to be active... and they just kinda died out of nowhere when the circuit started, lol. Also, MW:W would have to include events all the way up in MN... and I doubt many people want to drive up to MN tbh. Mad props to you guys who come down here <3

You know, I'm trying really hard to make Iowa more active again but I'm really sorry that we didn't make it to more. I wish I had more time for Brawl and more money but I just don't.

I don't know about the others, but Joker, ngamer3k and a few others really do love Brawl and we try to make it to whatever possible.

I wish we were more active and I wish I could do something about it (well I'm trying at least) so...I'm sorry.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
As much as I like instigating how much Missouri sucks...is this really necessary?

I thought Kansas and Missouri both did well in this circuit, why are we the two states fighting?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
As much as I like instigating how much Missouri sucks...is this really necessary?

I thought Kansas and Missouri both did well in this circuit, why are we the two states fighting?
I don't think anyone is fighting? lol, David just made a Davidish point, and I said I saw where he was coming from, although I mostly disagreed with it. I think the circuit has accomplished what it was meant to, and if nothing else, has been a ton of fun so far.

Personally, I'm really happy we had the circuit, Like 4rce, I feel MO and KS and (when they can come) IA have done great both in participating and hosting thus far. Like I said, it's been a great excuse to have a lot of tournies recently, which I like.

Todd and David have probably grown the most as players since the circuit started, at least imo / what I've seen.
<3 thank you

Run?

Dnyce

Smash Master
No, SD club points... the only points doom tallies.

MJ is in the lead from his grand finals sets with hylian alone. LOL

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure what you mean by this, missouri has had 2 circuit evens just like kansas and I can't speak for kahoka but I know Rauleen worked her *** off to run and advertise HD:R, not to mention all the food we made. Missouri has been to pretty much every event as well.
Baked goods!!!!!!

:(
Well, I usually wake up whenever I want to, pet my cats for a few hours, go to work at some point, get off work, smoke a bowl and go play video games if I'm in Omaha, or go to an awesome metal show/after party if I'm in Lincoln. It's a pretty sweet life.
MMM would love it, if he's really into metal like he says he is.
The Lincoln metal scene is one of the best in the country.
Nebraska seemed to be the only state really interested in upping the competition.
I'd like to point out Nebraska has been at every single event. Thus giving me the right to complain about whatever the hez I want.

§chizm

Smash Lord

*fixed*

Yink isn't the only one with competency, she's just one of the few that actually cared enough about Brawl to run an event for it.

Also Iowa Brawl died wayyyyyy before the circuit. Basically about five or six people have either moved away/started having an actual life or just stopped playing (myself included) in the last year or so.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fi.,.I mean DNYCE, I didn't suggest we should host one anywhere in what I said. But we might host something sometime somewhere.

Cook

Smash Master

Also, Missouri kinda just lobbed its tournament in right before brainshock (also used pools instead of circuit point seeding). If you want to call it Kansas circuit then it didn't really fail.

^This post is really gay.

Missouri didn't just "lob in its tournament." We already had HD2, which was really well run, and I believe had more entrants than either of the KS tournaments. Kahoka was two weeks before Brainshock, which I don't think is too short, and was announced like a month at least before it happened, so I don't see how it was just lobbed in there. Also, I didn't know we were supposed to use circuit points for the seeding, so if I was supposed to you should have just told me so and I would have done it that way.

Also don't see how we just followed along and pulled the bare minimum. KS had two events, MO had two events. How have we done any less than you guys? I certainly don't think our events were run worse than your events; both of ours finished on time, I believe, so I don't see what the problem could have been.

Try not being a ****** for no reason, plz.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can we get an update on the top 10 before the final tournament please? Don't really care about updating everything, just curious really.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
There's still time for more drama?! I didn't miss it, the ghosts did it all in one night! Nicole has a vagina!

Am I doing this right?

Anyway, hope to see you guys in Kansas and all that, yeah yeah

Cook

Smash Master
There's no drama, just Fino being ******** and making sure that the people who helped him create events for this circuit won't want to give him any help in the future.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It will be hilarious(and awesome) if MO wins the circuit in kansas lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Guys, it's pretty much a done deal that Sherlock Doom is taking 1st place in doubles. :troll: They're too far ahead of anyone at this point that even the Championship Circuit points wouldn't be--whoa shoot. Gotta outplace the contenders by 37 points. >_>

I've already done the math, so I know what needs to be done.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Can we get an update on the top 10 before the final tournament please? Don't really care about updating everything, just curious really.
Yeah, I usually update the points thread on my first free day to do so. Drove home and had to work today, update most likely either tomorrow or Tuesday.

From what I recall you're in third place lagging 18 points behind Domo for second and 55 points behind MJG for 1st. You're 18 points ahead of Holms (4th) and 25 points ahead of Doom (5th).

I'm estimating singles circuit pot payouts to be:
1st - $220
2nd - $110
3rd - $65
4th - $45

Look forward to seeing you at Ultimate NoKoast 3 :)

Texas attending could make that fight for second a wild card, hell... bassem attending would be VERY scary only if he places high, lol. I really should get this done soon XD so much hype.

BTW... I'm only going to post the points of the players in the top 25 for singles and top 15 for teams on the update.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So is that money you listed just for the circuit players?

Say if MJG doesn't get top 5 at NK3 for example but still takes 1st in circuit points he would get $220?

Or is that added on to the normal tournament?

Edit: Also, assuming you did the 25 points for second for both MJG and I from brainshock I should have 75 points which would mean I'm 50 behind MJG's 125 points >_>.

So he just needs 10 points to beat me in the circuit :(. lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
Guys, it's pretty much a done deal that Sherlock Doom is taking 1st place in doubles. :troll: They're too far ahead of anyone at this point that even the Championship Circuit points wouldn't be--whoa shoot. Gotta outplace the contenders by 37 points. >_>

I've already done the math, so I know what needs to be done.
Basically your chances of getting second in teams circuit is the same as MJG in singles circuit...

L :shyguy:
So is that money you listed just for the circuit players?

Say if MJG doesn't get top 5 at NK3 for example but still takes 1st in circuit points he would get $220?

Or is that added on to the normal tournament?

Edit: Also, assuming you did the 25 points for second for both MJG and I from brainshock I should have 75 points which would mean I'm 50 behind MJG's 125 points >_>.

So he just needs 10 points to beat me in the circuit :(. lol
(1) Yes, the money I listed is ONLY able to be won through circuit points. It is in no relation to pot of the tournament. Basically if you place in the money at NKv3, you would get paid twice.

(2) Here's the deal for MJG not taking first (in terms of it being won by either you or domo):
MJG would have to place either 17th or not even attend the tournament, and you would have to win first, with domo placing third or lower, and you would take the first place payout for the circuit.
Domo cannot take first in singles if he doesn't place top 3. If Domo places 1st, MJG would have to place under 3rd. If Domo places second, MJG would have to place under 7th (7th would tie). If Domo places third, MJG would have to place under 17th (17th would tie).

(3) Man. I cannot math well this late, lol. You are correct... meaning everything I said in (2) is off by a bit. ****, oh well, I think you get the main idea... man I'm ********, lol.

(4) tbh... you hauled some *** point wise, lol. If only you attended one more event.... :(
[collapse="You know what's coming."]
[/collapse]
I KNEW IT WAS COMING, ****. HAHAHAHA <3

Top Bottom