• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas, Iowa, Missouri Brawl Circuit Thread! UPDATED 3/12/10

Where should the championship event be held?

• Total voters

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I already talked to Rauleen about it last night, she seemed fine with one in St. Louis, one in Kahoka.

Radium88

Smash Lord
What Cook said. Although I wasn't at the last Kahoka tournament, I heard good things plus SLUMBER PARTY!!! We can all paint each others toesies and ****. Anyways, first one would probably be in StL. Hopefully I get the same venue.....

@ Trent: Awwww....cutest Sonic pic evar!

Dnyce

Smash Master
Well, I already talked to Rauleen about it last night, she seemed fine with one in St. Louis, one in Kahoka.
If that is the case then we should keep in contact for the tournament date. Rauleen, Rebecca and I have yet to discuss which state will be holding the Championship event. We should know fairly soon though. Once the decision has been made the other two states can make their pick on their month to host.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ dude wtf this guy is fino! why aren't you trolling everyone????

also that sonic picture is so cute/sad haha.

zeton needs to do a fair this time. and zash should do sheiks utilt. they've had a year to practice.

Dnyce

Smash Master
^ dude wtf this guy is fino! why aren't you trolling everyone????

also that sonic picture is so cute/sad haha.

zeton needs to do a fair this time. and zash should do sheiks utilt. they've had a year to practice.
Fino is banned. I am posting for him at his request and filtering out unnecessary content.

Cook

Smash Master
Imo the championships should be in KS. The championship event should be the one that gets the most attendance, and KS usually gets TX and OK to come, which really boosts attendance. I don't think IA or MO can pull off that sort of out-of-region participation.

Cook

Smash Master
I was thinking more along the lines of Wichita, since they have more housing... though Kahoka has infinite free housing! ;)

Dnyce

Smash Master
Poll is up. Please vote on where you would prefer the Championship event to be held.

EDIT: FYC ChiboSempai's vote will not count for the poll.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Imo the championships should be in KS. The championship event should be the one that gets the most attendance, and KS usually gets TX and OK to come, which really boosts attendance. I don't think IA or MO can pull off that sort of out-of-region participation.
I thought this was a Kansas, Iowa, Missouri circuit-- are we trying to make it a multi-region one now?

yes it will, i hate missouri and iowa
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, not that it is meant to be a big multi-region circuit, but I think it's nice if the championships have the most attendance, and KS probably has the ability to get the most attendance, even if it isn't from within the tri-state area.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I have voted for Kansas, soley based on the assumption that it's in Kansas City. That seems like a very nice central location for everyone involved in the circuit. Even OOS-ers wouldn't have too far to drive if they wanted to come up/down/over.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I concur. If anyone from TX or OK wanted to come to this, they could just make a pit stop in Wichita, and then they travel up to Kansas City.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I have voted for Kansas, soley based on the assumption that it's in Kansas City. That seems like a very nice central location for everyone involved in the circuit. Even OOS-ers wouldn't have too far to drive if they wanted to come up/down/over.
I agree that the most central location is probably the best one.

Trent

Smash Champion
The most central one is Omaha, since that's the middle of the ****ing country.

lulz

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I spoke with Fino about an event being held in Iowa, and ngamer3k and myself were talking about it and I think we'll end up hosting one in Iowa City as one of the two Iowa tournaments. Joker will of course host an event.

Does this sound good to anyone?

Dnyce

Smash Master
The poll will stay open until the second event. Afterward I will have a new poll open for the weekend that works the best for everyone.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I was planing on keeping the poll up longer; however, after talking it over all the city/state hosts have been added for the whole circuit. Tournament threads will be added as the come forth.

Trent

Smash Champion
Don't make any of the tournaments July 31st, August 7th, or November 6th and I should be able to make all 6.

MJG

Smash Hero
Don't make any of the tournaments July 31st, August 7th, or November 6th and I should be able to make all 6.
Tournament dates will be decided by the hosts of each KS/IA/MO state and it will be set based on their best judgement for the tournament taking place in that state.

No tourney date will be made to please ONE player.

//afk

Dnyce

Smash Master
SLAST is already in the OP for being on July 10th.
I need to talk to Joker and secure August 21st for their host. It is the only date that does not conflict with a national tournament.
EDIT: Iowa has already confirmed November 20th for their second event.
You should be good! Remember, there is only 1 event a month.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
When will we know how team points will be split IF a team decides to split up mid-circuit?

I believe in the MW-W circuit, the points were reset. In my opinion that was a great way to work it.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yeah, it would be great if it could be explained in a *tad* bit more detail how the teams points will work. Does the team have to be together the whole circuit to get points, or are teams points awarded individually?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Yeah, it would be great if it could be explained in a *tad* bit more detail how the teams points will work. Does the team have to be together the whole circuit to get points, or are teams points awarded individually?
Individually would be sketchy imho.

I think that if teams split, too much could take place. For example, let's say person A (we'll use me for example) teams with person B (we'll use Fino for example) for 3 tournaments and person A teams with person C (we'll use MJG for example) for 3 tournaments. Let's also assume that 4rce takes top 3 at all 6 tournaments. If points are individually split then 4rce would have 6 tournaments worth of points and Fino and MJG would have 3 placings worth of points PLUS where ever they placed without 4rce. Basically, 4rce has the possibility to place for the circuit money twice BUT Fino and MJG may have zero.

Third person is kind of fun.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Hrm... I might be able to swing the first event. Let me work out some details.

Anyone want to team up? I'm hammering out my Zelda game by leaps and bounds.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This should still be called the Triforce Circuit >_>.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I think teams points should be individually given out. It would be gay for me, personally, because the guy I'm teaming with for the first event or two is leaving to go back home to Maine. Other people may not want to team with the same person for every event either, or may not be able to team for every event because one of them can't attend/wants to team with someone else.

It's dumb to punish those who can't or don't want to team with the same person and reward those who can/do. That's my 2 cents.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I think teams points should be individually given out. It would be gay for me, personally, because the guy I'm teaming with for the first event or two is leaving to go back home to Maine. Other people may not want to team with the same person for every event either, or may not be able to team for every event because one of them can't attend/wants to team with someone else.

It's dumb to punish those who can't or don't want to team with the same person and reward those who can/do. That's my 2 cents.
Even though this doesn't apply to me, I enjoy and support Nicole's opinion, to an extent.

However...

I have a few concerns. First, what happens if one person places twice for circuit points? Granted it's a long shot, it's still in the realm of possibility. This just seems too abusable in my opinion. I mean, let's say the top 2 teams at SLAST decide to mix up the teams by one person and still manage to consistently place top 2 at the following events. That would be two separate teams with roughly the same points in the end. The top 4 teams in the circuit would be the same four people. That would be disgusting.

Also, giving out team points individually is unfair in my opinion. This is because, let's use myself, Fino and MJG as examples again. I team with Fino for 3 tournaments (including the championship) and take 5th at all 3. Then I team at the other 3 with MJG and place 7th all 3 times. This implies that Fino and myself will have more combined points BUT Fino did not EARN the points that I won with MJG nor did I EARN the points Fino gained without me.

Top Bottom