• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

only1Z

Smash Champion
Last night Dmac and I were teaming, and 7 stocked Darkrain and Phat *I ran off the edge after the game was over and losing a stock, so technically jv 7* What was the correlation between N64's situation and my own? Discuss.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Last night Dmac and I were teaming, and 7 stocked Darkrain and Phat *I ran off the edge after the game was over and losing a stock, so technically jv 7* What was the correlation between N64's situation and my own? Discuss.
As I recall, everyone was drunk and I was playing peach or ganon.

EDIT: This is phat. :O

only1Z

Smash Champion
like the johns vs. husband, "I was high." "But you lost so, johns." "No, I'm not johning." "But you were high?" "Yeah" "So you were johning about it?" "BOOOOBAR!!!!!!!!!"

Jace08

Smash Lord
Erm... What?

Anyway, sorry to butt in, but that location is fairly close to my house. Yeah, I'm still looking for a chance to get owned by you guys. So the next time you all have a smashfest, would you mind posting exactly when it's happening on this thread slightly in advance? Thanks for the location confirmation and the phone number, I appreciate it.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
. So the next time you all have a smashfest, would you mind posting exactly when it's happening on this thread slightly in advance?
Saturday 6pm-ish - ? (lol @ anything-?)
Get on AIM dude.

Good games man, it was pretty fun, next week I absolutely refuse to pick my friend up from work. That dude is ALWAYS messing up my gaming. In his defense I abuse the hell out of WC3 on his PC.

Anyway good stuff man, dmac owned the hell out of me with his Fox pretty hardcore. I'll practice this week if I have some time, but it's kinda hard to do solo so just PM me if you wanna hang out and practice some.

I really only got to play 3 people, dmac, a guy named Jerry (Sp?) and Umm Josh I think it was? The guy had a pretty good Y.Link, and I enjoyed having near even matches with him against my Doc.

Jerry said he was rusty, so I guess that kinda Johns my wins. (lol, jk.)

Anyway, pretty fun stuff guys. I didn't get to play everyone, and I'll usually just introduce myself as I play, or something along those lines. Anyway, next time I show up ask me to play. Also, I couldn't distinguish who Z was? The guy with the beard thing? I'm not sure. I'm assuming Phat was the guy who everyone was calling phat, and Dark was the guy in the corner playing as C.Falcon. Other than that I'm not sure. Anyway it's cool, I'll come again next weekend, after work if necessary.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
like the johns vs. husband, "I was high." "But you lost so, johns." "No, I'm not johning." "But you were high?" "Yeah" "So you were johning about it?" "BOOOOBAR!!!!!!!!!"
I still said I wasn't johning, I was just stating a fact. I didn't say "omg i lost to husband cuz i was high"..... i said "i was high"

dmac

Smash Champion
its jayray! also fun games, hope to see you guys more. if anyone new is reading this thread, we smash EVERY weekend, unless theres a tournament, in which case we will post that there wont' be smash on saturdays. you can count on it every week, but call if you have any questions!

only1Z

Smash Champion
If it's not a john then it was not necessary to even mention, but since it only added to your failure that had already taken place, it appears as a john.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Saturday 6pm-ish - ? (lol @ anything-?)
Get on AIM dude.
Alright thanks. Every Saturday, got it. I'll be there this coming Saturday then and continue to follow this board.

My AIM is Jace364, and would be glad to talk to anyone to learn a little more about each smashfest.

Cups

Smash Ace
I hate it when I'm like "oh man I am playing really bad" and people are like "zomg JOHNS!!" then I'm like "uhh, no, i'm not making excuses, I just said I'm playing bad."

only1Z

Smash Champion
Wait...so if I'm hearing you right....johns?

*WTF is BOUUUUCHKKIIN, it's like a Jay and Silent Bob line only not funny.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
So yeah my GF is now away at college and I'm very sad...So I'll be playing Trauma Center to pass time.

Funny thing about Johns: Sometimes I worry about what to say after a match, I don't want to be like:

"Yeah I'm kind of a n00b, just starting to learn."

and someone say:

"Zoh mah gawd! JOHNZ! DON'T JOHN YOU'RE a n00b!"

and I say:

"Yeah I just said that."

and they said:

"Yeah, but you JOHNSAID it! ONLY I dub people noobz! There is to be no n00b declaration as a result of LOSES! Johnny John Master!"

DYC

Smash Champion
So yeah my GF is now away at college and I'm very sad...So I'll be playing Trauma Center to pass time.

Funny thing about Johns: Sometimes I worry about what to say after a match, I don't want to be like:

"Yeah I'm kind of a n00b, just starting to learn."

and someone say:

"Zoh mah gawd! JOHNZ! DON'T JOHN YOU'RE a n00b!"

and I say:

"Yeah I just said that."

and they said:

"Yeah, but you JOHNSAID it! ONLY I dub people noobz! There is to be no n00b declaration as a result of LOSES! Johnny John Master!"
No Johns.

...Noob.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Wow dude that video is pretty funny. Poor Midwest being banned by fdv.

Who the hell is that guy anyway? Someone give that guy a hall monitor sash for gods sake.

*gets banned*

Jace08

Smash Lord
Okay, just checking. I know you guys said every Saturday, so I'm prepared to go tomorrow. I'm also bringing along my brother and friend, who are each fairly good. They can definitely each play competitively.

So, tomorrow(Saturday) night at this location at 6:00, right?

6627 E 15th. Terr
Kansas City, MO

If I got that right, we'll be there. Thanks in advance for confirming.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Wow, those four hours were friggin awesome! I sure as heck got owned, but not too bad for never having played any real smashers before, right? At least I won a few.

I learned quite a bit also. Crap, I forgot the person's name who mained Young Link, but thanks for teaching me a thing or two with YL, I enjoyed playing you.

It's funny, I didn't even realize until later that it was Darkrain's house that we were playing at. For some reason, it just was awesome to get owned by the best player in the midwest. Thanks for hosting the whole thing, Darkrain, I had a great time.

I think it was Dmac who said something like "Thanks for coming guys, I hope you can make it next week" while we were leaving, and I just kinda nodded. Meant to say thanks for playing with us, but I didn't, so I'm saying it now. Thanks.

Wish I could have stayed longer, but I got church tomorrow. I'll try to show up every weekend I can from now on.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hey do u guys still do mini smashfests on wednesdays? cause it seems like thats the new off day for alot of ppl here...im tryin to get some stl ppl out there sometime soon...also i still have a tv that belongs to u guys

Cups

Smash Ace
Yeah man, it was good seeing some more new faces. Just don't be like all the other new guys and never show up again. Hopefully I'll get to play you, this time I was too busy owning noobs (Rezo, Phatgamer, Darkrain, Dmac, etc.) to play. Most of the time there are more and even better people there, our Lawrence better half was a little on the weak side this time. I mean Dmac ****ing owns!!!!

*sheds tear for Z and Dyc.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I can come next weekend my GF is going to be in town. So I gotta spend some time with her, but I might bring her along if that's cool. I just wanna get in a few matches at least.

Good games with umm, Rezo, Cups, Josh, and Umm Matt I think?

Oh yeah, also GG on the Dmac/Darkrain double, got that was a humbling.

Echo

Smash Champion
I was planning on coming down to barrio smash in 2 weeks if you guys were having it... but i just realized there is a new thread for another tourney in Eureka... so I was wondering if you guys are going to go to it. If not, then I'll poop in the barrio.... but if you go, could I hitch a ride?? In fact we could probably use my car if there were enough people for 2 cars, i get 29 a gallon if its better than what anyone else is doin... just let me know :)

darkrain

Smash Ace
Sam: We haven't done wednesday smash for a while and starting last week both me and jesi have class on wednesday evening and on thursday morning, basically saturday is the only day we are all available... except for dyc, he has more important social functions to attend...

Echo: No we aren't going to that ****ty tournament again, barrio smash ftw

Top Bottom