• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

>Bert<

Smash Ace
so LinkMO we can give you massive's address if you don't have it already. That's pretty crazy that you'd come all that way by yourself, but if you're willing we'd love to have you here for sure
Trust me, I'd be willing to come. I drove 5 hours alone and I had my dialysis nurses switch my dialysis time from my original Saturday time to Friday JUST so I could make it to SMYM. I am pretty dedicated to this game. Its kinda ridiculous.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Best parody of that song ever. Calling it.
I actually thought that was terrible. I mean, it sounded good, but the lyrics were ******** and completely pointless. Up-B then jump jump cstick? YOU CAN'T JUMP AFTER UPB. Come on. There was no humor besides the dancing, no inside smash bros jokes. Sounded great, cool music video, but the lyrics were just bad and the player was obviously non-competitive.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Dawg, using the cstick is the easy way out. Use the buttons like the pros do

Massive

Smash Champion
I actually thought that was terrible. I mean, it sounded good, but the lyrics were ******** and completely pointless. Up-B then jump jump cstick? YOU CAN'T JUMP AFTER UPB. Come on. There was no humor besides the dancing, no inside smash bros jokes. Sounded great, cool music video, but the lyrics were just bad and the player was obviously non-competitive.
Oh man, lets hate on somebody because he's not competitive.
Hey Peef, why don't you make a music video, I'm sure with all these ideas of how it's supposed to be you could EASILY outdo these guys.

Obviously, the minute differences won't be visible to the population at large, but we'll have sated your pedantry! It's not like any publicity is good publicity; people other than the competitive smash community don't enjoy this game after all. It wasn't like smash brothers was the best selling gamecube game of all time or anything!

You're probably just mad because you're not cool enough to play an awesome robot char like Samus. His rockets are so much better than ****** Cimber's ice cubes and I bet he hooks up with that Sheik chick at the end of every match.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
I'm glad Massive raged, 'cause I was going to. Peef, do everyone a favor and un-subscribe to this thread. You really kill the atmosphere which is KC smash.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am the hope of the universe, the answer to all creatures that cry out for help. ALLY TO GOOD. NIGHTMARE TO YOU.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
It was amazing when Goku first went Super Saiyan, but I would have to give the best arc to the Cell Saga.
On the basis of "I was 12" the entire thing was amazing at least until the Buu saga which I didn't see all of. Also, Kai has been equally awesome except fpr the Frieza saga still taking too long aka King Kai says "Namek is going to explode in a couple of minutes" translates to 6 episodes, then the next 4 episodes cover 4 years.

Massive

Smash Champion
Dragonball Kai is what Toriyama wanted Dragonball Z to be.

Cell was a stopgap mary-sue character thrown at investors by Bird Studio interns after Toriyama temporarily stopped production on the manga, subsequently resulting in the long-as-hell frieza planet filibuster.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I won another Shark Bar Happy Hour. I told the guy April 8th but I'll see if I can get it changed if no one can make it that day. I'll be inviting a lot more than just you guys though so hopefully I can actually get the free drinks and not the half price ones like Honda got.

Massive

Smash Champion
I won another Shark Bar Happy Hour. I told the guy April 8th but I'll see if I can get it changed if no one can make it that day. I'll be inviting a lot more than just you guys though so hopefully I can actually get the free drinks and not the half price ones like Honda got.
Awesome!
We need to roll in 15 deep and commandeer some tables.

dmac

Smash Champion
dmac: its funny cause i had my court date today
artemzz: what happened with that
dmac: just set up another court date unless i get the charges dropped
dmac: so i gotta goto the city prosecutor and talk to them
dmac: like there was probably 50 people
dmac: like waiting to talk to the judge
dmac: in a big room
artemzz: yeah
dmac: completely not what i expected... i was thinking i'd have to talk about stuff? but i just had charges read outloud and then plead not guilty
dmac: i dressed up, suit and tie
dmac: people wearin tshirts and ****
dmac: jean shorts
artemzz: yeah haha
dmac: lots of people steal a lot of **** from wal mart

they called out my ex roommates name and he didn't show, so i assume theres going to be a warrant out for his arrest?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Awesome! Hopefully I have money by then...

Smash Lord
dmac: its funny cause i had my court date today
artemzz: what happened with that
dmac: just set up another court date unless i get the charges dropped
dmac: so i gotta goto the city prosecutor and talk to them
dmac: like there was probably 50 people
dmac: like waiting to talk to the judge
dmac: in a big room
artemzz: yeah
dmac: completely not what i expected... i was thinking i'd have to talk about stuff? but i just had charges read outloud and then plead not guilty
dmac: i dressed up, suit and tie
dmac: people wearin tshirts and ****
dmac: jean shorts
artemzz: yeah haha
dmac: lots of people steal a lot of **** from wal mart

they called out my ex roommates name and he didn't show, so i assume theres going to be a warrant out for his arrest?
I wouldn't get too confident or anything, but you have some good things going for you. That guy not showing up if he was supposed to is a huge plus. I don't know how the prosecutor and judge do stuff in Lawrence, but if they are super over burdened, I wouldn't be surprised if they let some smaller stuff go.

God how the hell do you not show up for a court date? Parole I can understand a bit more maybe, but this is just stupid, especially in this kind of case. His lawyer must really suck.

Mental note, never become a lawyer, judge or anything like it. There's too much work, and too many stupid people/cases to deal with.

Massive

Smash Champion
I wouldn't get too confident or anything, but you have some good things going for you. That guy not showing up if he was supposed to is a huge plus. I don't know how the prosecutor and judge do stuff in Lawrence, but if they are super over burdened, I wouldn't be surprised if they let some smaller stuff go.

God how the hell do you not show up for a court date? Parole I can understand a bit more maybe, but this is just stupid, especially in this kind of case. His lawyer must really suck.

Mental note, never become a lawyer, judge or anything like it. There's too much work, and too many stupid people/cases to deal with.
You scared of court quote?

The worst they would ever do is they would put you for a couple of months into a white-collar, minimum-security resort! Sh*t, we should be so lucky! Do you know, they have conjugal visits there? Sh*t, I haven't had a conjugal visit in 6 months!

>Bert<

Smash Ace
The KC crew has got to be the most chill/cool/easiest-to-talk-to crew. Like I had never met Massive before (just heard about him from Jace) but when I met him at SMYM and played him in pools, he had me laughing like 90% of our matches. And I talked with Darkrain for like 30 min about random **** and he was easy to talk to. Said a few words to Jace. Didn't get to talk to dmac. Basically what I'm tryin to say is your entire crew should come to the Missouri Gaming Championship. It would make it way better.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
The KC crew has got to be the most chill/cool/easiest-to-talk-to crew. Like I had never met Massive before (just heard about him from Jace) but when I met him at SMYM and played him in pools, he had me laughing like 90% of our matches. And I talked with Darkrain for like 30 min about random **** and he was easy to talk to. Said a few words to Jace. Didn't get to talk to dmac. Basically what I'm tryin to say is your entire crew should come to the Missouri Gaming Championship. It would make it way better.
What's Missouri Gaming Championship? :D

By the way, I've been talking to some of my dudes that host various fighting game tournaments around here, and I may be talking them into hosting melee. It may just be a ploy to raise venue fee, but it would be nice to merge fighting game scenes like this since I know a lot of you want to learn other fighting games, and it may just get some new people into smash as well. Also it's a nice chance to show off your melee skills :) Plus it it works out well, the venues these guys use can store a lotttt of people, which means we could start having some pretty large tournies around here if people would show.

"so how good is the kc smash scene? compared to the best

You -
ummm we have some pretty ****ing good players
idk if you've heard of darkrain, but he's known as the best falcon in the world
used to live in kc, and many have been trained by him
arc and dmac do very well in regionals
sometimes winning
kc is definitely one of the stronger states in the midwest for smash
if not the strongest"

Massive

Smash Champion
KC isn't a state Raith.
Just FYI.

Also,
I've noticed that a lot of the other midwest crews that we interact with frequently have a wider gap in skill between players than we do. I think while there are definitely people in other crews that are better than us, our crew as a whole has a larger group of very competent smashers than most other crews.
Most of the other crews seem to have 2 or 3 good dudes, we have like 7.

We also seem able to produce good players if they hang around long enough. I remember absolutely destroying Jace pretty frequently just 2 years ago, and now the dude gets his Jacecombos on me all the time and makes me look like a scrub. I'm pretty sure I didn't get worse, but I know for sure he got better. We all keep improving as a crew. EVEN HONDAFOO, STOP BEING EMO.

Jace08

Smash Lord
What's Missouri Gaming Championship? :D

By the way, I've been talking to some of my dudes that host various fighting game tournaments around here, and I may be talking them into hosting melee. It may just be a ploy to raise venue fee, but it would be nice to merge fighting game scenes like this since I know a lot of you want to learn other fighting games, and it may just get some new people into smash as well. Also it's a nice chance to show off your melee skills :) Plus it it works out well, the venues these guys use can store a lotttt of people, which means we could start having some pretty large tournies around here if people would show.
Sounds pretty cool to me. We could really use more opportunities for tournaments. Also the Missouri Gaming Championship was the tourney I linked a few posts ago

haha massive I remember thinking "how do I get around these bairs AAAAAAH"

also I've always felt that our crew's strength was doubles. Probably because on saturday nights everyone's wasted by the time I try to start singes ><

which reminds me I'm considering we start with singles for now on at Massive's. Thoughts?

Top Bottom